• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

Angiance

Smash Lord
Well, Kaylo, people are idiots; animalistic. Getting popular is literally: give the people what -they- want, not what you want. That goes against my code and honer as a musical pikachu though *smile*

Geo, I ditched my old account a while back as well, but for very different issues...silly issues *giggle*

Mario paint composer is definitely something I should take a look at, even though I don't get my sexy hypersaws

Last edited:

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
Well, Kaylo, people are idiots; animalistic. Getting popular is literally: give the people what -they- want, not what you want.
I hear ya, buddy; those savages make me sick too. You're over here making what you like, but they have the gall to go about liking what they like without even taking your feelings into consideration. They're an uncivilised bunch, and I'd say the world would be better off without 'em.

Thor

Smash Champion
Happy Belated Birthday Roller.

Also nice hoodie Angiance.

Also not al people are animals - some people, instead of having brains and forming their own opinions, take the garbage fashion/items/songs/whatever that is "cool" and wear/own/listen to/insert verb those things instead.

*if not noted by reader, sarcasm was used in post below the word "Angiance"*

Angiance

Smash Lord
Yeah, but what's goin' on, surely y'all are doin somethin productive, no? I'm practicing my backflip off of the wall (still landing on my ass)

Vale

Smash Ace
if backflipping off walls counts as doing something productive, then yeah maybe

Vale

Smash Ace
i play all smash

did i tell you guys how badly i'm going to crush everyone in my school tomorrow at a smash tournament? i'm character locked into Mewtwo, though

PZ

Smash Lord
^
+10 Uthrows

Also I will play any smash but as far as still owning it is only brawl. I could go back to 64 anytime, melee was given away for various reasons, and PM on wifi don't even.

Thor

Smash Champion
Angiance said:
Doesn't everybody play PM now?
If you mean in place of Brawl, the two word answer: Hell No.

Of the games I played, I like (in order):

Brawl/Brawl- Max (haven't really played any competitive people in Minus but I hope to find some moderately good players to get a feel for how much I actually like the game - currently I just like it because QA twice same direction and Falco's recovery and dair are stupid good, as is Captain Falcon's...moveset. Somehow I feel I won't ever like B- more, just as much or less than good ol' Brawl.)
Melee/64 (it's a tossup... still not really sure, I'll play either - the next one in the list would whichever one isn't put here).
P:M

I hate the reason PM was made (while I'm pretty sure Brawl- was just because they could make something like Brawl-, and because tripping sucks) and I'm not the biggest of Melee fans (though I still enjoy Melee), so removing some of the elements I like from Brawl (not tripping but other stuff) in exchange for what many people arrogantly swear is a "better game" really makes me not want to play PM at all.

But it's Smash and I like Smash and it's what some people want to play so I play it anyway.

No opinion on other mods because I haven't played them.

EDIT: Incidentally, I knew a guy who wouldn't play PM (or other mods) on principle. He's tried PM, but he still prefers Melee and Brawl to it.

DOUBLE EDIT: It's been Roller's Birthday for a pretty long time. Lucky Roller.

Last edited:

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
It's not Melee or Brawl Minus or vBrawl.

EDIT: Can somepika plz link me to the tumblr posts relevant to the feminist smasher ****storm going on? I've read the Milktea and Nicole blogs but I haven't seen the D1 post or the survey from teh Melee It On Me which were part of the conversation before Nicole wrote her piece.

Last edited:

Vale

Smash Ace
smash 64 > brawl > project m > melee
if given the option, i'd probably play melee over project m though for reasons thor stated

It's not Melee or Brawl Minus or vBrawl.

EDIT: Can somepika plz link me to the tumblr posts relevant to the feminist smasher ****storm going on?
why would you bring that up
didn't we just have this conversation with angiance?
but w/e let's do this all over agani

Vale's 3-step plan to not being sexist:
  1. don't treat members of the other gender worse than you usually treat people of the same gender
  2. don't treat members of the other gender better than you usually treat people of the same
  3. don't stereotype members of the other gender
i don't see what's so hard about it

Angiance

Smash Lord
Girls are fun~

PM is amazing for these reasons

Biggest character cast

Can be updated/customized

Large choice of stages

Diverse fighting styles

Turbo mode
-------------------------------------------
I can, with no hesitation, prefer it over Melee (not that I dislike Melee)

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I didn't know there was an actual ****storm going on about that whole article, lol.

Although I will say I was a little disappointed with the outcome. They definitely used the more negative responses to push the article's agenda, but that's journalism for ya.

DOUBLE EDIT: It's been Roller's Birthday for a pretty long time. Lucky Roller.
Oh, we've had month-long bday celebrations before -- this ain't nothin. #turniptime

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Happy Birthday, Belle! 19 tho? You might just be the baby of the board atm.
I got a job :>

I got to used to having 24 hours of a day to myself for 2 months

;_; free time will be missed
Ohhhh that is the worst feeling.

Until you get your first paycheck.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
You get used to it.
It however feels awesome when you start buying stuff by and for yourself.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Not unless your first day of work is the last day of a pay period and your first pay check is a meager $53 that immediately goes to paying bills.

Last edited:

Angiance

Smash Lord
Ya, I'm 19 today, but I feel old and wrinkled

I can't wait til I get my first job, I'm gonna get stuff for people with the money I earn

Last edited:

PZ

Smash Lord
Happy birthday Bell! Buying what you want with the money you earn can be rewarding...surely time is also a factor.<.<
That aside, 1 week; same page, who are we?

Scatz

Smash Champion
You get a job to make money, but then bills and loans take away that money :( and then you work all week (or weekend) so you have little time to enjoy some of those items you bought. :'(

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I am making money to pay bills/expenses in the first place. If i had no bills/expenses then why would i have a job?

Extra money is extra. Besides i am content with just working internet that doesn't disconnect every now and then. Don't see myself really buying anything except like more games/stuff on f2p games.

Phone, food, and car are part of expenses. Though they can be a luxury with extra money... Yea i love food... K also buy some nice food too

I plan on living with my parents for a while, its pretty common for Indians and i save tons on potenial rent costs.

Just gonna have to pay for my car stuff and soon phone.

O, course there is finding a significant other and having a family but that'll come once i have a better paying job..

Last edited:
Top Bottom