• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Personal home stages?

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
In short, do any stages hold a special place for you? Stages that you feel are your home stages?

Personally, I love Ω Flat Zone 2/Flat Zone X. The music is awesome (Don't judge.), I love the colours, and the stage is nice and blocky, which I think is generally pretty cool.
...Plus it's where I took this picture!

Which I love so, so very much. :v

-and then there's Ω Brinstar, which I think very eerily suits Wii Fit Trainer's Yellow costumes... So that acts somewhat as their home stage for me... *shudders*

Arena Ferox is another, I just love the changes to the stage over time, I think all of them are awesome. It's Ω form has a unique understage shape for 3DS too, which I find all too interesting for... -reasons. lol

-and then finally Reset Bomb Forest, both Ω and Normal. I think they're both great looking stages. I just love the castle's aesthetic, and the regular form just has a pleasing platform arrangement to me... -and the blast zones are super close, so it's great for heavies like Ganon! :'D

Simperheve

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Simperheve
My brother and I have some matchups that we always play on specific stages (always Omega):
The order is {Brother's Character} v {My Character}
  • :4mario:v:4luigi:: Final Destination (Mains)
  • :4greninja:v:4pikachu:: Kalos Pokemon League
  • :4falcon:v:4ganondorf:: Port Town
  • :4robinm:v:4sonic:: Green Hill Zone
  • :4miibrawl:v:4miibrawl:: Final Destination / Gaur Plain
  • :4jigglypuff:v:4kirby:: Gaur Plain
  • :4marth:v:4feroy:: Arena Ferox

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
Being a Dedede main, and a lover of the Kirby games and music, I consider my home stage to be Dreamland (normal, not omega).
Firstly, it is actually a great stage for DDD thanks to the blast zone locations, and I believe that the occasional wind helps DDD.
Second, it is basically a more fun version of battlefield, but still just as competitive.
Third, it is on both the 3DS and Wii U versions, so I can practice on it on 3DS (being the only version I own), then compete on it on Wii U. Also, I can always go there no matter where or why I am playing.
Fourth, I love the music that plays on the stage. It really takes me back to my childhood with the Kirby games.
Fifth, I think it may give me a slight psychological advantage, since I consider it my home turf, I think I play better on it.

Shaymin slicker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowshaymin
3DS FC
1547-5202-1903
I love Pokemon Stadium 2.

I've been playing on it ever since I first played brawl and my feelings for it haven't changed. The colors are nice and bright, and I love the music along with the stage too. Not only that, but the board also tells you who is in the battle field (Which is a nice touch). Plus I really love the transformations (even though I despite the air formation quite a bit). Though it isn't really a legal stage I'll still play on it anyways if I get a chance.

Last edited:

Lazyboy0337

Smash Journeyman
Ω Gaur Plain. I believe this is one of the best stages for my main Dedede because the slopes under the stage allow Dedede to use his recovery to slide along the bottom of the stage for an easy snap at the ledge while also having no walls to remove an advantage walljumpers would have. The music is also pretty bumping.

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
Any stage with walls on the outside (eg: Ω versions of Onett and Wii Fit Studio). Say goodbye to annoying stage spikes and hello to more extensive recovery options for various characters! I've even made wall-jump versions of some legal stages in the stage builder for this reason. Also, of all my mains, secondaries, and pockets, only :4dk: can't wall-jump, so...bias?

EDIT: Just realized what the thread is about. In that case, my favorite of the wall-jump omegas is Onett, because it's a calming scene with great music, and it's not hard to focus on the battle.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
As a Pit main, I'm a big fan of Palutena's Temple Ω, especially if the boss battle theme is playing.

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I really like Omega Mario Galaxy. I pick that a lot when I go for an Omega.

D

Deleted member

Since I main all the Kirby characters (:4dedede:, :4kirby:, :4metaknight:), my favorite home stage has gotta be either Ω Great Cave Offensive or Dream Land 64. If Fountain of Dreams ever gets in this game, then it's replacing the both of them!

Yoshi's Island from Brawl (which is only on the 3DS version unfortunately) is so hype for :4yoshi:. Especially when those beautiful Athletic theme and Wildlands remixes are playing. <3

pepi1197

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pepi1197
I certainly enjoy Flatzone and Smashville but Dreamland is and always will be my favorite simply for the music and the nostalgia of it all (getting my 2D can kicked up and down it in Melee).

Last edited:

AgentHX

Smash Cadet
NNID
HotShotHunter
My friends and I play a lot of Omega Gaur Plain. The music's kicking, the scenery is great, and it's got those Battlefield-esque slopes that I prefer over walls. Perfect Omega stage IMHO

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Omega Eldin's Bridge and Hyrule Temple considering I'm a huge Zelda fan and I main Link. Getting them on random in FG just motivates me to win more since it's like playing on my home turf.

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
It was corneria before the 3ds version stole it...

In Sm4sh though... that is a tough one.

I like Kongo Jungle 64 quite a bit (Normal version)... and tend to play well on it as it gives Rosaluma played at my level (in other words, mediocre at best) some options that other stages don't have. I grew up on Donkey Kong Country, and later DK 64 so the music holds a place in my heart as well.

I wish that level was a counter pick...

The Jiggernaut

Smash Cadet
My home stage is Pac-Land. It is always guaranteed to be played at least once when I we take turn picking stages, also Skyworld.:4palutena:

KirbCider

Smash Ace
I never really thought about it as "Home Stages", but more as "Favorite Stages". Either way these are ones I usually always go to:

Dreamland 64 (Omega)
Personally my by far favorite choice, especially when I am playing as King Dedede/Kirby at the time. I love the Stage a lot especially considering the fact I started Smash as a Kirby main and that was his Home Stage in Smash 64. I guess it's Nostalgia really.

Hyrule Castle 64 (Non-Omega & Omega)
I'm a massive Zelda fan and I personally prefer this one over the Melee one (I'm so sorry please don't murder me). I love both the Omega and Non-Omegas of this Stage. I also enjoy using it often when friends are over or perhaps training an Amiibo or two. Also Nostalgia.

Flat Zone X/Pilot Wings (Omegas)
It's a tie between these two, but I feel like I favor the Pilot Wings Stage just a bit more. For Pilot Wings it seems rather calming, especially when the right Stage Music plays. I also love the Stage music for it in general. As for Flat Zone X it's just one I really enjoy using.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
With Omegas, I don't really care what stage, in that case I like them all.

My stages that I play on all the time are Pilotwings and Temple. Just glorious places.

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
I'm With @Feelicks on this one. Ω Great Cave Offensive is easily my home stage. ~75% of all my FD matches happen there. There's a couple reasons for this, but it boils down to:
1. Players can't show off by going under the stage
2. It looks damn amazing. Beautiful colour palate and aesthetic design
3. THIS

Other than that I would go with T&C. the music isn't half bad, I love the blast zones, and the Platform arrangement isn't boring

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
As a Rosalina main, I consider Mario Galaxy, Skyloft, Orbital Gate Assault and the Fire Emblem stages as my "home stages", be in their original or Final Destination forms.

Last edited:

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
  • Dreamland 64, omega or otherwise
  • Omega Pirate Ship
  • Kongo Jungle 64 omega or otherwise
  • Hyrule Castle 64 omega or otherwise
  • Omega Peach's Castle 64
Also, basically all Kirby stages and Mario stages.

Fluorescent

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NeoRashi
3DS FC
2122-7596-1415
It's always been Final Destination for me as it's just flat and the background is just so cool looking.

However on the 3DS, it was always that Paper Mario stage as I love the BG music on there.

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
It's always been Final Destination for me as it's just flat and the background is just so cool looking.
Actually I find the FD background to be very abrasive and distracting =P I'm pretty sure its like brussel sprouts for a lot of people. Either you love it or you hate it

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217

However on the 3DS, it was always that Paper Mario stage as I love the BG music on there.
Actually I find the FD background to be very abrasive and distracting =P I'm pretty sure its like brussel sprouts for a lot of people. Either you love it or you hate it
To be honest, I don't mind it on 3DS, but the Wii U's version is so much more flashy it is kind of irritating. lol It might just be because I'm more used to the 3DS one, but still, I can say I understand why you may or may not like it from both sides, really. :p

DERPFISHsaysNO

Smash Cadet
As Kirby, I actually like Halberd. Maybe I'm crazy. I feel that his ability to dominate the air really suits the small-ish stage, and his ability to recover is phenomenal. I also really, really love spitting people out into the beam of death.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Omega Boxing Ring.
Ever since I was young, I wanted a stage in Smash that was an actual fighting ring. Pokemon Stadium 1/2 and Midair Stadium from the SSE were the closest ones before that, but now, we finally have an actual one. I think the stage looks damn nice, as well.
Also, the music:
I think it's my third favourite music in the game, with Mega Man 2 Medley and Brawl's version of Final Destination ahead of it.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Final Destination, Dream Land, Smashville, and Omega Gaur Plain, Mario Galaxy, Woolly World, Port town Aero dive, and some other stages with great music.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
I'm a person that wants to dedicate his life to music. So when I play with my friends I always choose this stages for their amazing soundtrack (obviously for me):
  • Final Destination (Brawl theme, Final Destination Ver. 2 or Melee Menu Remix)
  • Ω Gaur Plains (You Will Know Our Names)
  • Ω Port Aero Drive (Mute City Remix)
  • Ω Mario Galaxy (all the tracks)
  • Ω Castle Siege (Fire Emblem theme, Id Purpose)
  • Ω Midgar (all the tracks)
  • Ω Wily Castle (Mega Man 2 Medley)
  • Ω Suzaku Castle (Ryu's theme remix
  • Ω Pirate's Ship (all the tracks)

ZafKiel

Smash Apprentice
  • Final Destination with Brawl Music
  • Ω Pilotwings (have you heard that theme tho?)
  • Ω Kalos Pokemon League
  • Smashville (ultimate counterpick)
  • Hoping we one day get Fountain of Dreams

Flareon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Phychic
3DS FC
1075-0904-3809
Switch FC
2251-4138-1049
Kalos Pokemon League
Midgar
Arena Ferox
Coliseum
Battlefield
Wily Castle

Last edited:

Leon Rios

Smash Cadet
NNID
LeonRios
Final Destination
Ω Windy Hill Zone
Ω Battlefield
Ω Bridge of Eldin
Ω Hyrule Temple ( I like non-Ω too!)
Ω Great Cave Offensive
Ω Boxing Ring
Ω Wily Castle
Ω Miiverse ( I like non-Ω too!)
Ω Dreamland 64
Ω Hyrule Castle 64 ( I like non-Ω too!)
Ω Peach's Castle 64

I like omega stages because I feel there is nothing getting in the way; it's you vs them, a battle of skill. These particular stages I like because of their visual aesthetics or music. The 64 stages are mostly for nostalgia's sake.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
As far as Ω stages go, I tend to lean towards any stage that is aesthetically pleasing and has some swanky tunes for me to smash to. Typically, this means picking Gaur Plain, Super Mario Maker, Kalos Pokemon League, Flat Zone X, Pac-Land (fite me), Great Cave Offensive, Port Town Aero Dive, Woolly World, or Miiverse (those posts in the background are undeniably beautiful). Sometimes, when I'm up against someone with my R.O.B., I'll take them to Wrecking Crew for the (ahem) home-field advantage.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
on 3DS it's definitely Magicant. Fluffy, pink, magical cloudy place. That's bound to be my home turf, no contest. I love the music there too!

On Wii U it's probably going to be Dr. Wily's Castle because I'm a Mega Man freak.

MidwesternHawk

Smash Cadet
NNID
newsimcity2013
Personally, as bad as the ledges are, Lylat Cruise is my personal home stage, but Coliseum, Port Town GX-1 and Dreamland are ones I'll take anyday if I wanted

BarSoapSoup

Smash Journeyman
On 3DS, I was a huge fan of the omega versions of Arena Ferox and Boxing Ring, especially do to the music.

On Wii U? Eh...I like a lot of the omega forms. Smashville is probs my fave though

Jeronado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jeronado
3DS FC
0920-1020-8081
Well, when I want to practice I sometimes mix it up based on the character I'm playing, but I think I have a preference for Omega Battlefield. The stage just looks really nice and has nice music too I like that it's kinda neutral as well and doesn't really represent any character. I would use FD instead, but FD in this game is so ugly... wish they're bring back Brawl FD.

NewFoundAbility

Banned via Warnings
Dublin, CA 94568, bowing down before the Jlfksjlfl
NNID
NewFoundAbility
To me, it will always be Dream Land 64 because:
The Music.
The perfect Size.
The length of platforms are perfect.
I grew up w/ Kirby. :kirby64:
Also, this moment is way too memorable to forget.

Although sadly, it was the only stage I didn't unlock in Melee back-in-the-day as a kid (Beating Break the Targets with all characters is way too hard, man) and wasn't in Brawl :urg: ... But I'm glad it's back as a DLC stage in 4, and that's all that matters to me. :chuckle:

Last edited:
Top Bottom