• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peoria/Springfield, IL Discussion: Surprisingly active o_O! That's good eats.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Yeah but people were speculating a Sunday tourney as well. I can't go if it's Saturday, because I have work 8-4:30.

And before people give me the no johns routine, let me break this down for you guys to explain why I can't just call off.

32 unscheduled hours in a 6 month period, I'm at 16 hours and it's been about 2 months. Once I reach 32, I go on corrective action where if I get anymore unscheduled hours, I'm more than likely going to get fired. These unscheduled hours have been used for Smash so far, but let's remember that medical appointments don't get excused anymore than Smash activities do. I have a few dermatologist appointments I need to arrange, and a tooth extraction and root canal to do. Yeah, so I'm going to need some unsched. hours for that. But hey, if no one can comprehend that part of it, let's just say I get fired. I have insurance, medical, gas, rent, and personal food expenditures I have to pay off. Any money I do have, will be depleted retardedly fast, and then I have no money to pay venue/entry fees and gas $ for carpooling, so I won't be going to whatever tournament it is anyways due to poverty.

Not really mad or anything, I'm just tired of people not understanding that I'm not a kid anymore and I have a ****load of responsibilities I have to uphold because I'm not helped out by my parents with like anything lol.

Dart!

Smash Master
Tl;dr but i wasnt going to bust your chops. Especially since im not really decided on going or not. Im not gonna go anywhere sunday though. I really want to see this superbowl.

ORLY

Smash Master
Keep me updated if we're going to MI. Guess we could just stay local(er) and go to SG: Tink edition..

Dart!

Smash Master
If i go i have to team with vrooooo
which means you'll have bigd/rat all to yourself ;)
i don't think this will be a big tourney so it shouldn't be a problem.

ORLY

Smash Master
Ill tell ya what, if you beat me and vro that'll be 2-0 vs me and another person. If that happens after smym i wont ditch you ever again. Hold on to this post, quote me whenever you want. ;)
I was hoping that after HDR, I wouldn't have to do this again! You've forced my hand..

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Josh I hope you do great at pound %. I know you have it in you to pull some serious upsets. Stay composed; don't get angry at yourself; and remember that you're in control when you want to be. Nobody is going to out space you if you play your game patiently.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Josh I hope you do great at pound %. I know you have it in you to pull some serious upsets. Stay composed; don't get angry at yourself; and remember that you're in control when you want to be. Nobody is going to out space you if you play your game patiently.
QFT lol
Josh gots this

studly

Smash Ace
Yeah but people were speculating a Sunday tourney as well. I can't go if it's Saturday, because I have work 8-4:30.

And before people give me the no johns routine, let me break this down for you guys to explain why I can't just call off.

32 unscheduled hours in a 6 month period, I'm at 16 hours and it's been about 2 months. Once I reach 32, I go on corrective action where if I get anymore unscheduled hours, I'm more than likely going to get fired. These unscheduled hours have been used for Smash so far, but let's remember that medical appointments don't get excused anymore than Smash activities do. I have a few dermatologist appointments I need to arrange, and a tooth extraction and root canal to do. Yeah, so I'm going to need some unsched. hours for that. But hey, if no one can comprehend that part of it, let's just say I get fired. I have insurance, medical, gas, rent, and personal food expenditures I have to pay off. Any money I do have, will be depleted retardedly fast, and then I have no money to pay venue/entry fees and gas $ for carpooling, so I won't be going to whatever tournament it is anyways due to poverty.

Not really mad or anything, I'm just tired of people not understanding that I'm not a kid anymore and I have a ****load of responsibilities I have to uphold because I'm not helped out by my parents with like anything lol.
gotta say dave.... those are the biggest johns ive ever seen.

Dart!

Smash Master
Real Talk.

Smashfest/possible mini tourney the weekend after this next one at my place. It'll be like a pseudo peoria preps for pound kinda thing.

I've texted chicago springfield purdue and st louis about this with no responses.
Some people from Peefs crew are coming for sure though.

Dart!

Smash Master
sorry man i'm going to pound 5 and i'm our crews main mode of transportation, especially out of state. if the others are down then that would be cool. i'll hop on the stream and give shoutouts!

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Nevermind, just realized it continues until MOnday... Can't go. =(

Tomacawk

Smash Master
it isn't a tournament. it's a music festival. it's better than christmas according to vro (i agree)
http://www.summercampfestival.com
I would LOVE to see you guys go. Anthony would enjoy himself as well.
you guys better be prepared to do at least one psychedelic to celebrate the atmosphere. In the woods with 10,000+ other strangers who are also tripping balls is a pretty magical way to trip
everybody is extremely friendly, peace loving, kind, attractive, and like minded. it's the greatest memory of my entire life.

Top Bottom