• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peculiar Audio Files Uncovered in Smash Bros. 3DS

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
4 x Rosalina on Magicant with 5 Flying Men. That's 4 characters, 9 semi-characters and as many assist trophies and pokemon as you see fit to add. If the 3DS can handle what it has in, ICs probably wouldn't have been an issue in For Glory.
Post a screenshot of that happening and i'll believe.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Is nobody else thinking that 8-man smash might just be another multi-man smash? (Also, I am SUPER salty that rival smash isn't playable in multiplayer)
I am too about Rival Smash being a single-player only, But the 8 player thing isn't Multi-Man Smash because the announcer doesn't announce Multi-Man modes and doesn't referrer to them as players. What would 8 player even be? 8 Mii's?

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
4 x Rosalina on Magicant with 5 Flying Men. That's 4 characters, 9 semi-characters and as many assist trophies and pokemon as you see fit to add. If the 3DS can handle what it has in, ICs probably wouldn't have been an issue in For Glory.
You know nothing about the topic

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Well it would be awesome if the Smash World leak is true. Cause then I will get a playable Isaac plus the other fan-favourites.

Isaac for Smash :)

Plus an 8 player mode just sounds totally chaotic = fun!

What if Ice Climbers were cut because they couldn't fit EIGHT instances of them on the 3DS?
Yea that is possible. The 3DS would definitely be UNABLE to handle 8 instances of Ice Climbers. An 8-man smash still sounds a bit much though!

Last edited:

beestmode

Smash Cadet
Who knows they might come out with some new game type matches later on that we can get with an update???

SuperDS64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperDS64
3DS FC
1676-3810-3884
Sakurai...haven't you learned yet to not leave extra data in the game files? Deleting them might actually leave enough room for another clone.

elitex12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elite X
3DS FC
5429-8241-5452
Possibly real sounds from the game... Although I've heard some pretty damn convincing announcer impressions.

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
Either they are modes to be added via patches or they are for the Wii U exclusive modes. Smash World is definitely the Adventure mode. Event mode and the special modes and boss rush are all there so nice.

I like how the Wii U gets all this cool content but couldnt get the ice climbers for such a silly reason. However with the guy who got butthurt over people uploading cut scenes from sse at the helm I can't say that I am surprised lol.
Just realized that Sakurai is going to cut all of these modes from any future smash because you guys found and uploaded these files. thanks a lot lol.

Last edited:

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
Oh. Derp, I should've known. There were also corresponding .pac files, I think.
There were .pac files, but not the main character ones (no movesets, models, or animations. Only the effects, which are stored in a different folder. They were empty too, if I recall correctly.)

TurboPikachu

Wall of Pain
NNID
HyperChu
3DS FC
3394-3547-7986
I already found the JP version's "Nana-Popo" chant weird, as well as the final game's Ness sound test including "PK Freeze" (a move exclusive to Lucas from Brawl).

But all these announcer clips being present on the 3DS card is just insane

Last edited:

Mechageo

Smash Ace
Either this is cut content or content meant for Wii U. Those are some very likely options (not that they're the only ones).
I believe the files are there to give the 3DS the ability to make the same menu sounds as the Wiimote. Can anyone confirm whether the fighter selection sounds are in the 3DS game data? I can't remember if it makes them when you select your character.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
If this 8 player functionality is in the Wii-U version I'm willing to believe it's in the For Fun menu online just so that mode actually has a third option since For Glory has three different ways to play, or it could be a possible online lobby sort of thing, or both.

Jehu

Smash Rookie
Are you guys forgetting that there are still only four ports in the gc adapter? How's 8 gonna happen? A second adapter in the rear usb ports? Or Online? That's gonna be mega lag. I don't doubt that they experimented with this, but I doubt it's gonna be in the final version

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
We could have gotten Dr. Luigi...
We are getting Dr.Luigi in some shape or form though...

Are you guys forgetting that there are still only four ports in the gc adapter? How's 8 gonna happen? A second adapter in the rear usb ports? Or Online? That's gonna be mega lag. I don't doubt that they experimented with this, but I doubt it's gonna be in the final version
Are you forgetting 3DS Can act as Wii U Controllers for this game and we have 8 COLOUR OPTIONS for each character?:troll:

Are you forgetting that 3DS Can act as Wii U controllers? or the fact that we have 8 COLOUR OPTIONS for each character? :yeahboi:

Last edited by a moderator:

Olimarincharge

Smash Rookie
NNID
jackthelamp
I already found the JP version's "Nana-Popo" chant weird, as well as the final game's Ness sound test including "PK Freeze" (a move exclusive to Lucas from Brawl).

But all these announcer clips being present on the 3DS card is just insane
One of Ness' custom moves is PK Freeze.

Brango

Smash Cadet
NNID
Brang0
3DS FC
2750-1590-3967
Event Mode? 8 Player Smash?!?
Alright Sakurai.... You had my curiosity, but now you have my attention

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
When Did we ever here news on Doctor Luigi I want me some Nurse Peach Love :4peach: or at this point I expect Doctor dong :4dk:
Its A Leak Go to the earlier Replies to find it it called Smash World and I believe its the same guy who leaked Tower of Smash He's Called 'Mr.Prince'

Top Bottom