• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peculiar Audio Files Uncovered in Smash Bros. 3DS

thepandabros

Smash Rookie

(If this pictures hurts anyone, i'll be glad to take it down. :/)
On the serious side, an 8-player match would be awesome but I don't really think the 3ds can handle it. We did see the ice climbers get dropped, because it could not take 8-players on screen.
Maybe they got dropped cause it couldn't handle 16 players

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
I already found the JP version's "Nana-Popo" chant weird, as well as the final game's Ness sound test including "PK Freeze" (a move exclusive to Lucas from Brawl).

But all these announcer clips being present on the 3DS card is just insane
Also it's not Nana Popo, it's Murabito, it sounds like Nana Popo but it's not, confirmed.
And yeah, Ness has PK Freeze.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
*Rolls head on keyboard due to overexposure of pure awesomeness*

I'm glad Smash will get "updates" like PC games. I've always wanted something like that.

Last edited:

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
Except there wasn't. There was an empty effects file with his name on it.
MAN! Why is there always such awesome content left out of such awesome games? If only we could somehow send the development teams through a long time rift, they could add everything they want to the games they make...

DARN YOU, UNIVERSAL LAWS.

D

Deleted member

There were .pac files, but not the main character ones (no movesets, models, or animations. Only the effects, which are stored in a different folder. They were empty too, if I recall correctly.)
Well that sucks :(
I hate it when developers cancel things early, and only leave small hints it once existed.

Rja410

Smash Rookie
NNID
Rocketjoe69
An 8-player Smash doesn't sound very far-fetched at all, with many different control options available as well as characters having up to 8 different palette swaps. Since there are two USB ports on the Wii U, it may be possible to connect up to 8 GameCube controllers using two GC controller adapters.

Also, do you know what this means for the future of Smash machinima? The possibilities are just endless!

^-^
The game cube adopter takes up 2 and there's 2 in the front and 2 in the back but I think there will be some sorta way to stop people from using the back ones I think if there was an 8 man it'd be like 4 3ds and 4 controllers connected to the wii u. Tho it could work in lots of ways sense you can have at lest 9+ controllers on the wii u at once (4 game cube 1 wii u pad 4 wiimotes)

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
cant we use the 3ds as a controller for the wii u version? or am i hearing things

sideburn

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hungry-TRex
3DS FC
1934-1923-6335
55 maps for the wii u version... what if there are some exclusive to 8-player smash, bigger maps to give more space for 8 players

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Why would the 3DS version have audio clips intended to be used for the Wii U version? Doesn't it seem more likely these clips were from ideas they had early in development that were eventually scrapped, that they had the announcer's VA record just in case?

...Which is interesting in and of itself.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Also it's not Nana Popo, it's Murabito, it sounds like Nana Popo but it's not, confirmed.
And yeah, Ness has PK Freeze.
No, its Nana Popo. They say the O twice, which Muraibito doesn't have.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
ITs 100% Murabito.
Your really pulling straws here, Like really.

NAH-NAH
(short pause)
PO-PO

MER-AH
BEETO

See the difference?

Why would the 3DS version have audio clips intended to be used for the Wii U version? Doesn't it seem more likely these clips were from ideas they had early in development that were eventually scrapped, that they had the announcer's VA record just in case?

...Which is interesting in and of itself.
When you link them together and use the 3DS as a controller some sounds will emit from the 3DS as you select modes on the Wii U.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Your really pulling straws here, Like really.

NAH-NAH
(short pause)
PO-PO

MER-AH
BEETO

See the difference?
did you even listen to the sound clip? It is even labled " murabito" And once you listen to it with good headphnes at full volume, you can here that it doesn't sound close to nana popo

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
did you even listen to the sound clip? It is even labled " murabito" And once you listen to it with good headphnes at full volume, you can here that it doesn't sound close to nana popo
I am just gonna go with you didn't listen to it.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Actually I did, Just today in fact. I downloaded the crowd noises and listened to each and every one, both US and JP Cheers. Now if you can answer my question, did you even listen to the crowd sounds? If not, I have a page you can download them from.
http://www.sounds-resource.com/other_systems/supersmashbrosfornintendo3ds/sound/3537/

I'm not trying to start up an argument of any sort
Downloaded it, Listened to it. The murabito sound says Nana Popo. I don't know what to tell you, But there saying Nana Popo.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
If the crowd sounds are different in the Wii U version, It would be a good idea to listen to Murabito's cheer in that game.
I have a question. Do you have the ACTUAL Japanese Ice climbers chant from Brawl on hand? I would love to actually HEAR if they are the same or not

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Well, I don't have to believe it because I have ears. You could use some yourself.
Im sorry but I cant accept this is nana popo without actually listening to the Japanese nana popo chant from brawl. If you don't have it, how can I believe you when you say it is Their chant without giving proof? Im trying to act civil here, I don't think throwing insults is good.

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
Well, I don't have to believe it because I have ears. You could use some yourself.
Um okay

Im sorry but I cant accept this is nana popo without actually listening to the Japanese nana popo chant from brawl. If you don't have it, how can I believe you when you say it is Their chant without giving proof? Im trying to act civil here, I don't think throwing insults is good.
Yay thanks for defending :4miisword::4miibrawl:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Um okay

Yay thanks for defending :4miisword::4miibrawl:
No prob. I don't believe anything until I get 100% real proof, I don't go by spoken word, anything and everything can be said wrong. the fact that the sound file is named "snd_vc_Murabito_ouen" and even sounds like they are saying murabito Is enough proof to me that it is Murabitos chant. I have yet to hear Ice climbers Japanese chant so I cant believe that.

DatSmasher

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0903-2784-5063
The fact that Amiibo is in there, and we know that's coming, I think some of it will be in a later update. I doubt they'll put in events or 8-man smash though. IC didn't even work on the 3ds.
Interesting: 8-man smash for Wii U? It's possible since you can connect 4 Wiimotes n procontrollers n stuff and 4 GC controllers.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Most extreme case of denial. -_-

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
@ the nana popo murabito disagreement, Youtube search "wololo" and read the comments. That is a unit from Age of Empires after performing an action.

People hear different things when they listen to that, the creator says it is "wololo" but some people will always hear "nyehnyehnyeh" like a taunt.

Add to that the fact that people often hear what they want to hear, well...

D

Deleted member 268018

I'm willing to bet this is real. Wait until the Wii U version, then we'll see these awesome ideas and stuff.

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
8-Man Smash reminds me of the debug mode in Melee where one option allows for 6-player matches.

LuigiBlood

Smash Rookie
All of those sounds are translated in other languages. Sounds-resources has an updated archive with all the localized narrators.

As far as I know about the french narrator:
Smash World became "Odyssée Smash" (Smash Odyssey)
Master Orders becomes "Commandes Créa-Main" (Master Hand Orders)
Crazy Orders becomes "Commandes Dé-Mainiaque" (Crazy Hand Orders)

Those orders does sound like challenges.

Top Bottom