• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach's Royal Battle Room

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Im suprised you said my name with those other beast Peach players........

I was told a while back that I needed to use more turnips, and then was told I use it way too much. so I dont think its bad to use and not use them alot. My style of play is wierd, I could try to play smart and wont go as far for I play stupid and wierd and I do very well at times. Its all based on how the player thinks and plays

Samochan

Smash Master
I'm kinda on a lazy mood so I'll keep this short. >_> Against Ganon...

- Spam your turnips effectively. He's so big target and his moves are ineffective to knock away turnips it's easy to spam against him. Plus he's slow runner. Turnips followed by aerials own g-man.

- Ganon will outspace peach everytime, but what peach player can do is be faster. Nairs are way too effective when it comes to being fast, not forgetting peach's bair when using evasion & punishment tactics. Be vary of ganon's using retreating fairs to punish you and double jumping to dairs/aerials to punish your turnip approaches. Rising nair can kill his dairing attemps as nicely as it does with Falcon, as well as cut trough his every aerial attempts.

- Ganon is easy to combo, being so big and slow aerial recovery, so use every chance to pressurise him with aerials and dsmashes and whatever. Lots of stuff sends him into comboes. Low float dair or sh/full jump dair into something works really well too.

- Edgeguarding ganon is child's play, but KO'ing a good ganon might prove a lot more difficult. Turnips of course mess his recovery big time. When edgeguarding, if you know your opponent will tech, do not dsmash but dair instead if he goes for the sweetspot. If he goes even a bit above that, fair and bair connect nicely. Peach can also be mean and grab him out of his up B when he doesn't sweetspot from as low as g-dorf can (since he can't really sweetspot). Remember that good players will always try to tech and dsmash will get peach up B'd.

- Good ganondorf players will edgeguard you with bairs and uairs and reverse uairs. Do not try to get him from above, it will not work. He will cut trough whatever you try to do, so aerial dodge past him if you need to. Recovering from high is the best way, when coming from mid you'll need to use toad, parasol or aerial dodge in most cases to get past his edgeguard. When coming from low, hug walls and prepare to tech if you can. Parasol can cut trough his aerials, but go for the sweetspot or stall with toad/peach bomber.

- G-mans usually use wizard foot as a suprise tactic or as a cc'ed attack, since dsmash and dtilt are way too slow compared to peach's dsmash. Forward B doesn't send peach into comboes at KO %, but it's nasty and fast move, though get's owned by dsmash and other stuff. Ftilt is what ganondorf's will spam against peach since it outspaces her greatly and can be aimed up and downwards. Jab/grab is what they'll mostly do from aerials, especially fair, which can be spaced so that peach cannot grab g-dorf.

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, Samo, but I didn't meant vs. anyone. Thanks for the help tho, i have a friend who mains ganon that i can practice that on.

Thanks to Drk. Peach too.

I guess what im more curious about is: Why the better peach's dont use turnips a lot? Like...what makes turnip spamming not as good?

Samochan

Smash Master
Yet you don't take my advice lol alass...and yes, I know shes your teacher, shes knowledgable.

To the follow asking about turnip spam, Renth just got this video up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M8xA7wIWlI

Now that peach can throw lol..
Lol, what's up with the video? >_>; To tell you the truth, the only good player there was Renth...

And to answer Na!'s question... Some peaches don't prefer to use turnips much or at all, for some reason. And in many cases they don't know how to actually use those turnips effectively, aside from edgeguarding fox and falco's forward b, though that's probably the easiest thing one can do with turnips.. But it also comes down to the fact that peach needs room to pull out turnips safely and with foxes and falcos roaming around, it's becoming more and more difficult. Against a slow character like Ganon, no matter how aggressive, peach can get away and pull turnips. Against an aggressive C.falcon, one might prefer to get away from those knees instead of being a sitting duck for half a second to get a turnip. On platform stage you could always turnip pull cancel, but that's another story entirely and I doubt someone could do that 100% of the time. >_> Turnips need to be used effectively to be effective. They open up opportunities for peach to attack, but turnip pull works the same way. And you can't grab anyone with a turnip either. But in my opinnion, succesfull turnip pull is never wasted when you hit your opponent, get a hit in cause of the turnip or otherwise get a KO or something that benefits you in the match. Not pulling turnips at all is character potential wasted. And you never know when a stitch might lift it's head. ^^

Samochan

Smash Master
I thought it was extremely funny to see renth being pushed back by the barrage of turnips and have trouble getting back on stage lol.
It's even more funny when one turnip makes impenetrable wall against C.Falcon and he can't make it back, no matter how good he is. :chuckle: Pull a turnip, go standing near the ledge and start throwing it on him whenever he tries to sweetspot and recatch the turnip. Do this 3-4 times, then aerial him. Works nicely against those C.Falcon who will always and I mean always, tech your aerials and always DI so that they will get back stage. >_> Usually makes them not sweetspot too, they get desperate to get back stage, so you can hit em with fair. :p You can use that just to annoy your friends too, lol.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
I've actually that done against me as marth, it shocked me for a few moments lol...

I didn't think about it being used against a character like falcon in order to stop him so well like that..but then again, I don't play peach, I just fight her.

You mentioned turnip to air attacks, the peach I play does that alot but I didn't think it'd be character specific enough to include that on ganon, it doesn't work on everyone? Turnip to nair at low %s? I've been hit by it at mid %'s but I thought it'd work on others at low.

Samochan

Smash Master
You mentioned turnip to air attacks, the peach I play does that alot but I didn't think it'd be character specific enough to include that on ganon, it doesn't work on everyone? Turnip to nair at low %s? I've been hit by it at mid %'s but I thought it'd work on others at low.
It works on Ganon a lot better than against marth or Falcon, for example. Both have attack which knock away the turnip as they soar trough the air and hit peach. Ganon's attacks are too slow for this, and he's bigger than both characters, plus he has fewer options from shield against peach than faster characters. And he gets comboed better than most too cause of his slow recovery from stun. But I mentioned that cause it needed to be mentioned and just for teh sake of mentioning it, lol.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Was about to say, screws me over as marth pretty good..and ganon's nair can be used to stop assaults like that if he has platforms to cancel on and continue..but thats a rarity.

Peaches's turnips..I usually swipe them down but if its a dotted eyes or stitch, I just avoid..I've swiped stitchface before and it was sent right at me horizontally for some reason O.o..so I'm abit afraid.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
o Samochan, how do you do a turnip cancel? I've never heard of that before (I'e might've seen it done though...)

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
Turnip canceling is when you sprint across a platform, and pull a turnip at the last moment you are on the platform. This causes the Down+B animation to take place while you fall to the ground. When you hit the ground, your lag is canceled (i think). I cant do it that well, but Ill try it every once in a while.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Wow... lot of posts since my last post.

Perfect execution of turnip rushing IMO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duZYUfxDkTI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hst0UWW9MmA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdSFCJqts30

Those vids are old, but Mikael here shows how it's done. Great spacing, great execution, and great knowledge about what to do and when to do it. This makes me wanna practice and go back to Peach lol.

And mindgames btw doesn't really exist. The word ''mindgame'' was created as a joke word to make fun of newbies.

Samochan

Smash Master
Wow... lot of posts since my last post.

Perfect execution of turnip rushing IMO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duZYUfxDkTI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hst0UWW9MmA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdSFCJqts30

Those vids are old, but Mikael here shows how it's done. Great spacing, great execution, and great knowledge about what to do and when to do it..
Agreed :chuckle: Mikael ftw, in both all around peach techs, turnip usage and smart play.

Edit: Mmmm, more tricks to use... jumping from shield to turnip drop into a nair o.o. Sweet, even though the marth did have time could to react to that in some way... Oh well, turnip mindgames. ^^ I need to watch more of Mikael's vids to get more ideas how to use turnips in different ways. ^-^

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
is there a way to practice peach's wavedashing? i would like to master it, but wavedashing itself is too hard..
like Na!l said, go to training mode and practice wavedashing on flat stages (I reccommand FD) Now, to really get the feel of the wavedash, pause and change the speed from 1X to 1/4 and practice the wavedash. then when you get the timing, bring up the speed a bit each time, mastering it in till you get back to X1 wavedashes. this works effectivly well (for better results on a wavedash, try someone like Luigi)

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
I wouldn't recommend slowing down the speed in training mode, that just throws you off when you need to do it normally..its faster to just learn it in normal time than working your way up like that.

darE::to::Dream

Smash Journeyman
I agree, you only do slow-motion to get an idea of what is supposed to happen. You don't want to actually practice anything in slow-motion... though playing in that speed for a long time makes normal speed feel EXTREMELY smooth afterward.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Well exactly, that's how I learned how to wavedash (even though I don't use it for Peach). I went slow at first so I could perfect the timing easier. Then, as I increase the speed from time to time, I was able to get the hang of the wavedash. Now I'm practicing in normal speed to see how I could use that to my advantage for combos and grabs.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Just be sure to organize the important notes as time and posts go by rockin, don't let it just be a pile of info that someone has to look through and go through 7 pages for one thing.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Just be sure to organize the important notes as time and posts go by rockin, don't let it just be a pile of info that someone has to look through and go through 7 pages for one thing.
Yeah, I might do that or something better. So much info is coming in and I can't fit all the stuff in one post (this is my fault for not posting 3 extra spaces for the topic). when I decide to post the info in a different thread, I might even change the name of this topic (kinda doubt it....)

So yeah...

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
anyways is wavedashing useful on peach ? and in which situations?
yes it is useful. for spacing.

honestly, if its really uncomfortable for u, u can get around it since ur peach. i personally dont use it very often. i learned how to use peach well without the knowledge of advanced techniques so i picked up the ones i felt were the most useful such as l-canceling and FC and found ways around the others while doing decently at tournaments. Ex: instead of washdashing backwards to avoid an attack then countering, i would dash backwards and FC bair, grab, dash attack...etc. i wish i had vids so u can see how i fight against high level comp. but check out vidjo. he does very well without wavedashing alot

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
yes it is useful. for spacing.

honestly, if its really uncomfortable for u, u can get around it since ur peach. i personally dont use it very often. i learned how to use peach well without the knowledge of advanced techniques so i picked up the ones i felt were the most useful such as l-canceling and FC and found ways around the others while doing decently at tournaments. Ex: instead of washdashing backwards to avoid an attack then countering, i would dash backwards and FC bair, grab, dash attack...etc. i wish i had vids so u can see how i fight against high level comp. but check out vidjo. he does very well without wavedashing alot
Really, i hate her wavedash capability. it should've been better =/

C'mon guys, we gotta keep this alive. I'm pretty sure everyone has questions about peach's general moves or her matchups

as for me, I'm gonna try to fix this so I could make it better.

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
Ok....ummm....

On the subject of Peach's crappy WD. How can I effectively draw out Marth's Fsmash? With any other character, I just dash, and WD backwards, but with Peach, I usually dont WD back far enough and get tippered....ouch

Samochan

Smash Master
Ok....ummm....

On the subject of Peach's crappy WD. How can I effectively draw out Marth's Fsmash? With any other character, I just dash, and WD backwards, but with Peach, I usually dont WD back far enough and get tippered....ouch
You don't wd or wd a lot earlier from not as close. Dash dance works much better in baiting fsmash and then moving into range and punishing. Also dash forward into shield, then wd out of shield as marth lags from fsmash works as well.

Kman25

Smash Ace
You don't wd or wd a lot earlier from not as close. Dash dance works much better in baiting fsmash and then moving into range and punishing. Also dash forward into shield, then wd out of shield as marth lags from fsmash works as well.
Imo I feel that empty floats work a bit better, When they see one of those, They wanna hit you some how, And its most likely Fsmash, Cos hey its Marth. When you do an empty float WD back from that, Or shield the Fsmash and WD out of shield, Or float out of shield whatever. Oh yeah and Samochan your in my pool xD, It would be nice to play another awesome Peach, Good Luck ^^

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Hmmm...how...should Peach's deal with Capt. Falcon. He may have most of the same moves as ganon, but he's completly different. His setup is almost the same, yet I have trouble getting by it (his dair, then a fair. or just plain fairs ftw.)

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Can someone explain to me what TTC's are and how they are done?

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
As far as falcon goes, theres a lot of things you can do against him.

If he knee spams, I usually Nair spam, because of the priority. Another thing you can do, if he isnt super fast, is turnip spam. he has no range and no good ways to block range, so turnip him and combo from there. If he arial spams, shield grab him, or i sometimes try to step dodge and Dsmash. And a rule of thumb is: If he is off the stage, dont let him back on. Which isnt too hard to do since falcon cant sweetspot. if he comes from below, I usually roll to the stage and downsmash so he hits the downsmash, then hits the side of the stage and falls. another easy thing to do, if he can get to the stage, not just the ledge: Ledge hog, force him to go for the stage, then ledge hop and hit him with a Bair. Your ledge hop should beat him to the stage, because its faster than his UpB. Good luck!

TTC=Turnip throw cancel right? Yea, i have no idea what that is either.

Turnip=)

Smash Rookie
what about sheik vs peach?... 'cause i hate them so much!!-.- im a peach player because i really like her and i think she's the best player in ssbm=)) even if some people (noobs) say that she is a weak character, but when i play with sheik, its anoying deal with sheik... =(( what can i do againts them?

Me14k

Smash Lord
I highly doubht the plausibility of bowser owning peach.

1. Peach can easily camp against bowser.
2. Bowser's only vertical killing move is upB..which only kills at high percents.
3. You say he is hard to get off of edge on big stages..the peach player can camp near the edge so bowser has to get near edge..Bowser is easy gimp.

Sundown

Smash Journeyman
Sorry that im late on the topic, but i believe wavedashing is not important with Peach... for mindgames, dashdancing >>>>>>> wavedashing.

I only find wavedashing usefull for spacing, and i most of the times prefer to dash back into Ground floating instead.

Just my 2 cents

EDIT: U do TTC by pulling a turnip just before falling from a platform, theres a video on it done by Mike G, just youtube Mike G and ull find it in between the tons of matches from him.

Top Bottom