• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Tournament Results (UPDATE! 2/16/12)

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I think Metaknights actually recieve the short end of the stick most of the time if Peach is holding a turnip and they tornado. We WANT you to do that.

Fair, nair (when edgeguarding), uair and shuttle loop are sooo broken in the Peach vs MK matchup - so yeah Dphat, I basically agree with you.

Nicole

Smash Champion
Seconded. I hate overly simplistic matchup assumptions.

Doom should be next to cross off of the non-believer list.

<3 you Doom, no homo. xD
good luck not getting gimped by him (and thus losing).

seriously, i've never played anyone half as good at gimping her.

dphat i basically agree with you although i dont think his fair is THAT effective...i would say uair, ftilt, and shuttle loop alone can beat her onstage and of course he ***** her (and everyone) offstage.

z00ted

HOBO 31: Sync Edition
4-8-2011
Houston, Texas

4th out of 34

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301241

1. Razer :snake:
2. Jerm :toonlink:
3. Dphat :metaknight:
4. Illmatic :peach:
5. Sync :metaknight:
5. Shadow1pj :toonlink:
7. Poltergust :yoshi2:
7. Bio :zerosuitsamus:

I was aiming for top three at this tournament but it didn't work out. In tournament I lost to Shadow1pj in Winner's pretty early. I had a 100% lead game two last stock andhe came all the way back - beat me, and then proceeded to do the same exact thing game three. I was a bit disappointed in myself because of how well I feel I know that matchup.

I had a death bracket is loser's. I had to face Battou (Snake) and I beat him 2-0. I got a sick uair string to like 82% on him also.

Then I had to play Ozz who mains Falco. He beat me in a money match at WHOBO 3 and he used to be a top player in Texas until he took a break for a bit. I beat him 2-0 and two stocked him on Final Destination, I was playing on fire and the set was on livestream.. I think it got recorded.

I proceeded to play Fogo (the guy I lost to at HOBO 30) and I beat his Snake 2-1. Game one I had a good lead but choked last stock.. Game two I two stocked him on Rainbow Cruise. Game three I won on FD with a significant lead by just camping really hard whenever I got in a combo.

Up next was Poltergust, and I was a bit nervous about this one because he recently beat me in a $10 money match 3-2 at House of Mouse. I usually do really good against Poltergust but I didn't want to play typically so I tried to play with a different playstyle than at House of Mouse. Game one went to Lylat (lol) and I two stocked him with like 50%, I played really well. Game two went to Rainbow Cruise (weird) and I was throwing a bomb at Polt first stock and he told me he randomly threw a egg at me without noticing the bomb and it blew me up, kekekekeke. Game three went to Battlefield and I beat him basically at last hit last stock.

After that I was going against the guy who beat me in Winner's Shadow1pj and I 3-0'd him with like two two stocks. I was just pissed that I lost to him in Winner's and I think it showed in our set.

So I went on to play Dphat and Game one I was getting my *** handed to me. I think Dphat was about to two stock me with like 40% game one but I brought it all the way back and took it to last hit last stock. I tripped and got Dsmashed. I counterpicked him to Final Destination for game two and it went to last hit last stock with noone really having a significant lead the whole time and I tripped on the ledge of FD while Dphat was about two paces to the right of me. I didn't have any options - getup attack = Dsmash = Rolling to the left (most obvious) he would just read my roll and Dsmash me, so I rolled towards him and got Fsmashed.

asdfjasdlkfjaskldfjalsjdf

I'll get Dphat next time. He's my biggest obstacle right now because he's so God damn good at the Peach matchup. If I would have beaten him I could have gone against Jerm who I'm positive I can beat if I'm playing my best.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Nicole

Smash Champion
Ill I think you're going to level up whenever you beat Dphat finally in tourney. Good job though! Kinda surprised you lost to shadow1freej, but **** happens.

z00ted

i hope so!

... i was really upset, but I got my revenge.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
D-Torr has been improving significantly over these past few months. He just pulls out more and more upsets as time goes on. Kyon has a higher set count I think, but their games were always close whenever I watched them play in tournament.

:rosalina:

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
Ill I think you're going to level up whenever you beat Dphat finally in tourney. Good job though! Kinda surprised you lost to shadow1freej, but **** happens.
I've beaten every peach ive ever played ever at all possible.

i hope so!

... i was really upset, but I got my revenge.
if you i lose to you i go down like 2 points but if you lose to me you lose like 5847857447844574857485 points its hilarious.

i love dphat. losing to me is salt but to me and dphat that single tear rolls down into your mouth and all you taste is salt.

^not trash talk

afk.

Nicole

Smash Champion
technically, pj, we never got to finish our set and i won the first game. i wasnt implying that you are bad though, just that ill is really good at the TL matchup and beats jerm regularly so i'm surprised that he lost to you. like i said though, **** happens. upsets too.

z00ted

I'm pretty sure Jerm is above me in tournament sets by like one or two- just to throw that out there. He's basically the reason why I'm pretty good at it.

Shadow1pj pulled off some amazing comebacks.. so props to him. **** you for coming into the boards and trolling me after I 3-0'd your *** though.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
technically, pj, we never got to finish our set and i won the first game. i wasnt implying that you are bad though, just that ill is really good at the TL matchup and beats jerm regularly so i'm surprised that he lost to you. like i said though, **** happens. upsets too.
O i couldn't tell i was like "shes joking cause you said shadow1freej" but then i saw the surprised thing so i just gave a neutral response.

@ill i sandbagged sorry bro

Two-Ell

Smash Master
the last tournament they played eachother(ESAM's March Zero Ping) I believe Kyon lost 2-1. I've only played Trump in a serious friendly set really(won 2-1).

:rosalina:

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Technically there are people who are not necessarily the "best" of their character, but can be better than the best at a matchup.

Like SK92 and DEHF. I kept up reasonably with DEHF in a money match. SK92 wrecked me five times in a row in friendlies. He knows that Peach matchup like crazy

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Erm, are these only for all peach results? What if you used her for about half of your matches? Would your results still count? @_@

Ha, don't know if this has been asked before or not...

:phone:

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I'd say it should be something around 60% or more Peach, just to keep the incentive for usage up. I use Pikachu here and there (because he *** ***** Snake), but it's usually always Peach any other time.

z00ted

If you aren't switching to a HARD counter, have faith in your main.

Top Bottom