• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Players : who do you hate to face the most?

Enfilade

Smash Cadet
I'm picking up a 2nd character for one reason only, to counter Peach.

I can handle any character pretty well with my main (jiggly), but every Peach I face absolutely dominates me. Can't get a wall of pain off, turnips make it hard to do anything, too floaty to really combo, and high priority/low lag makes resting a *****. Counterpick stages are out of the question, because besides mute city anything that is good for jiggly is good for peach as well, and the league i'm in bans mute city (no clue why).

Who can I pull out to really make a Peach cry? Young Link? This isn't MLG-level play or anything btw, just casual with some people at my college.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I hate playing against Jigglypuff and Ganondorf as Peach. Most Peach players hate Marth though, so if your Jiggly doesn't work, try Marth.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I agree. Jiggly and Ganon give Peach trouble. I also suggest Marth.

This may be out of the ordinary, but my favorite character to use against Peach is Pikachu. Usmash screws her up in the air, Pika has a good projectile to spam and dsmash works wonders. Nair is great to throw around as well. And she's surprisingly easy to KO with usmash. It pretty much stops any aerial float approach from Peach. :)

Cia

das kwl
Captain Falcon is also VERY cruel to Peach. But with any of the characters listed above, peach can defend herself to some degree. Fox is also a definite counter.

Zoap

Smash Master
Personally these chars give me the most trouble in order:

1. Sheik
2. Link
3. Doc
4. Falco

Sheik, is pretty easy to understand, because of needle cancle grabs and tilts, Link is just because I play wit Germ all the time, and Link can do so many things to Peach. Doc is because of the Pills and again because I play with Bob$ who is very good. Falco is situational, the Falcos that tend to mess me up the most are the laser campers.

Fox can give me some trouble but is much easier to cg and overall play than Falco. Falcon is another tough one to play but because I have so much experience vs him it isnt a problem. Marth and Ganon have never presented much of a problem for me.

Again this is just me personally. If anything Sheik is the easiest and fastest route.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Young Link, if you can get him good, does exceptionally well against Peach for many reasons.

However, that's about the extent of his abilities.

Young Link has the advantage of being unknown, so he would probably be a better choice against Peach, but Marth, Fox, and Sheik are all great characters that work well against many, including peach.

So, it's up to you.

Matsuki222p

Smash Journeyman
Marth's a ***** to beat, along with cfalcon and fox, to answer your question. Also, what I think you might be doing is trying to speed up the match against peach, when in reality this match should take a while and you shouldnt be able to rest a good peach. You should take your time with this match up and work her down, likewise for peach. I personally hate this matchup, takes so long.

SamuraiX

Smash Cadet
The people I have the most trouble against personally go like this:

1) Sheik, her speed, needles and grabs demoralize and demolish peach.
2) Y. Link, again with the speed but throw in quick projectiles and that **** up air? ****ty!
3) Falco, do you see a pattern with this speed thing yet? Also lazer camping is for *******, lol.
4) Jiggly, no speed but that **** back air is a killer, and it's very hard to read.
5) Marth, with his overly powerful forward smash and ridiculous range, not to mention that **** up tilt.

After that it's pretty much gravy train for peach. But in my opinion the easiest one to pick up would be sheik. Practice her chain grabs and get the timing down on the forward air and you'll be pwning peaches with the best of them.

Elidibus

Smash Cadet
I always have alot of trouble with Marth and Shiek. My main is Peach, but i'm by no means even close to MLG status. Still, Marth's range is to annoying and Peach is so floaty, it just makes her all the easier to combo. Same with Shiek. Combos, galore. I must've been Fair'd off of the stage hundreds of times.

I've also fought a really good Fox once that was MLG level and i just got shinedashed to death. Ended with a shine spike, i believe. But i think alot of characters can relate to that.

Vampirekain

Smash Journeyman
The worst thing to play with if you are a Peach user...Hmmm I personally think that's the job of your main character mate! Jigs :) Well i find difficult the fact that you can counter most of Peach's best moves just by flying around and slowly taking her down...Be patient and I think you'll have no prob...Btw dont think about using your Dspecial.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Marthhhhhhh

Even if I can figure out a Marth and get around him, it's still a ridiculous match up. At least for me -_-

X-threilyss

Smash Apprentice
for me, i hate fighting item-spamming link/y.link.. i'm okay if they mostly use the sword.. which is never.. X_x i don't know.. i guess i freak out when stuff is thrown at me..

i've never played a good marth yet, but i imagine he'd be tough too because he out prioritizes peach with his sword and it's hard to DI out of his combos..

Sh0ckwave

Smash Journeyman
Fox and Marth are perfect against Peach.

With Fox, it's easy to get aerials in on Peach because she's so floaty and moves across the air slowly. grab -> up throw -> uair is deadly because she has absolutely no time to react.

Marth's long range devastates Peach. And the trajectory can send her flying at relatively low percentages. It's almost as if he was designed solely to counter Peach. -_-

PeachSmoothie

Smash Rookie
Try Marth,
The suction grab, F-air, tipper combo is almost inevadable once Marth gets that first grab in (at lower percents)

The tippers completely gay peach when floating. Just watch out for turnip campers.

Sheik combos Peach like a mo as well.

And of course, Fox- Because of peach's floatiness, she is easy to kill upwards, so U-air and U-smash all the way. Shine can gimp peach out as well...

TBag

Smash Rookie
I cant stand falco, i cnat even get a turnip with those lazers

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
If you want to get better with Jiggly simple tactic is as follows. Aim for the head. Just bair at her head over and over again, you will be out of standing turnip range, and if she floats just match her height. This works for edgeguarding as well since jiggly can get up there. Don't go chase to far, just match her height when she tries to recover and keep the bair spaced. Never land near her and you should have a even matchup. Peaches hate this strategy. WOP+1. Eventually, the bair will kill her.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
The bair to head strategy works only until Peach realizes she can ground float-uair Jiggs. Peach/Jiggs is one of my most hated matches... not because it's an uphill battle for Peach, but because at least half of it is stalemate.

DeathByTurnips

Smash Cadet
Ugh Marths and Shieks...they give me the biggest trouble >_> havent faced any good Jiggs tho, so im not sure about that...but pick up Marth for sure

MuBa

Smash Lord
Peach is a Captain Falcon counter.
Unless you're darkrain...that guy's Falcon eats Peach alive.
But I don't think Falcon gets counter by Peach whatsoever, I mean he does have trouble against her I admit but you just gotta play really smart against her.

But as far as worst match up goes, I think a Marth can maul Peach. He is the only character that can out-prioritize most of her moves because of his gay disjointed hitbox.

Me14k

Smash Lord
Captain Falcon is also VERY cruel to Peach. But with any of the characters listed above, peach can defend herself to some degree. Fox is also a definite counter.
lol. Peach owns falcon. why? just get falcon off the edge, bair him to death.

I have trouble against marth and samus.

Fox can perfect waveshine a peach, so if you can get it off...

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Falcon is really really fast at the higher levels of play.

Fox is scary because of the waveshine, drillshine, and upsmash.

Marth has a very large sword.

I think that's about it, though. Aerial-heavy Sheiks might be trouble too.

Top Bottom