• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Patch Notes for 1.1.1

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
I do, but that's because one is for the 3DS and the other for the Wii U. Since so far they've been getting different patches (as int he 3DS having HS patched a month or months before the Wii U), I thought about having two patch sections, so we can update them independently.
True, bit didn't the changes you have listed for the 3ds 1.0.6 patch actually take place in the 1.0.7 patch, or am I way off? I dunno, I haven't paid much attention to the 3ds version once the Wii U version came out.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
True, bit didn't the changes you have listed for the 3ds 1.0.6 patch actually take place in the 1.0.7 patch, or am I way off? I dunno, I haven't paid much attention to the 3ds version once the Wii U version came out.
Same sadly. Thing is that we didn't make a patch note for 1.0.5 for 3DS. I prefer to have it like this so if anyone comes looking specifically fore that at least he will find it. The games are iedntical again now, are they not?

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
Same sadly. Thing is that we didn't make a patch note for 1.0.5 for 3DS. I prefer to have it like this so if anyone comes looking specifically fore that at least he will find it. The games are iedntical again now, are they not?
They're supposed to be, but I've been running tests with Wario and his bike kills earlier on the Wii U.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
CRAP! I forgot to include the damage change on spin attack.:facepalm:

I just edited my post on the previous page to include it. I'll fix and re-upload the video tonight...

Rizen

Smash Legend
CRAP! I forgot to include the damage change on spin attack.:facepalm:

I just edited my post on the previous page to include it. I'll fix and re-upload the video tonight...
You could add an annotation to the video and not re-upload it.

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Does anyone know if aerial spin attack got buffed as well? Seems to be killing earlier but of course could just be the placebo effect.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I've noticed that our Ftilt no longer hit's opponents hanging the on the edge anymore. I'm going to try and test this.
Edit: Never mind, it still works. Guess I was just having an off day.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Did anyone try doing edge canceled Spin Attacks? If you edge cancel the spin attack during the windup frames (as opposed to after the move comes out) it acts very strangely, as you'll do a very short duration aerial spin attack that only hits like three times. I am not sure if that's a result of the patch changes, however I heard reports that Link's Spin Attack startup buff is the result of a frame speed modifier, which might explain the strange short duration on edge canceled aerial spin attack.

Also the knockback reduction on Link's D-tilt means you can combo D-tilt -> U-air at like 95% for KOs.

Last edited:

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Did anyone try doing edge canceled Spin Attacks? If you edge cancel the spin attack during the windup frames (as opposed to after the move comes out) it acts very strangely, as you'll do a very short duration aerial spin attack that only hits like three times. I am not sure if that's a result of the patch changes, however I heard reports that Link's Spin Attack startup buff is the result of a frame speed modifier, which might explain the strange short duration on edge canceled aerial spin attack.
This is known as the...
Spin Attack 2.0
Description: Link will run toward the edge of a platform then do a rising Up-special whose animation is notably faster than normal while the amount of distance covered is the same. This results in the Up-special finishing before Link has stopped rising.
How to Perform 1: Run toward the edge of a platform, then use U-special at the very edge i.e. later than you would to do a SAF but soon enough so that you don't fall off first. Essentially you are interrupting the initial animation of the grounded up-special before it does anything.
How to Perform 2: Run towards the edge of any platform, Hit Backwards, Instantly Jump then Instantly cancel the jump by using Up-special at the very edge (i.e. as late as possible).
Note: Here's where it gets interesting. The thing is, for the non-custom Up-special, this is actually pretty bad. The hits don't connect very well with each other at all; often you'll end up missing the last few because of it. The hitboxes on the move simply weren't designed to link into each other at this speed. However, for the custom 2 Up-special, this tech actually makes it connect better imo. With the custom 2 Up-special, normally the last hit is made as Link is on his way back down, but sped up with this tech he finishes it at the peak. This is the point where you go, "Oh I see. I get it now. So that's why he called it 'spin attack 2.0'. Very clever." because it's only good for the custom 2 Up-special.

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
Also the knockback reduction on Link's D-tilt means you can combo D-tilt -> U-air at like 95% for KOs.
The only time i could get a combo to register in the lab was when Mario was at 15%, and when he was at 95% I had to double jump and uair, which would give my opponent plenty of time to air dodge or use their second jump. However some opponents might attempt to challenge the uair, but no one you would find a high level tournament. I do think it's a good idea though if you feel like fishing for a dtilt, seeing as it's fairly safe if you just fast fall afterwards. Has anyone here tried this competitively?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
The only time i could get a combo to register in the lab was when Mario was at 15%, and when he was at 95% I had to double jump and uair, which would give my opponent plenty of time to air dodge or use their second jump. However some opponents might attempt to challenge the uair, but no one you would find a high level tournament. I do think it's a good idea though if you feel like fishing for a dtilt, seeing as it's fairly safe if you just fast fall afterwards. Has anyone here tried this competitively?
I got it to register a combo in training mode, and I know I got it to KO confirm at high percents on Mario. The timing is sorta strict, but the fact it can combo is pretty important.

And even at mid percents, D-tilt U-air if done correctly is a massive 27%. I'd definitely keep it handy given D-tilt is pretty safe on shield.

Himura Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
I looked over the thread, and haven't seen any conversation about this. It seems at low percents that the uptilt is easier to escape, has the hitstun on the uptilt been reduced?

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Seems like: Dthrow knockback is less, is straight up and has less knockback growth, Dtilt is faster and combos into Uair now on Mario till like 80%, and less grab miss lag. Bombslides are still in.

@Edit: Grab range also might be slightly bigger judging from Rizen's old gif.

Last edited:

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
wrong thread.

Last edited:

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
Any news on jab 2 stuff? Does it combo now?
Still doesn't appear to lead into anything.

Moroever, they really ***** with the ledge things. The bombslide/dash throw slide-off is out (this thing). The thing where freefall with Up B was faster than normal freefall seems to be gone too (this thing). And I can't get an SAF -- nor an SAF cancel -- but I suck at those so might just be me.

Presumably ledge mechanics were changed a little fix "glitches" with specials used near them.

Last edited:

Serac

Smash Cadet
I'm not 100% sure but the hitbox in usmash seems better, all strikes seems to have the same hitbox and are a little bigger.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Dthrow to uptilt is now a true combo at low percents, and sends characters straight up now, albeit lower. Good deal. :)

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
Dthrow to uptilt is now a true combo at low percents, and sends characters straight up now, albeit lower. Good deal. :)
Yes you're right, I couldn't get it to work on Mac at 0 but does work on him at 10. Requires a little testing here and there, but you can get some true combos now out of Dthrow then.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Yes you're right, I couldn't get it to work on Mac at 0 but does work on him at 10. Requires a little testing here and there, but you can get some true combos now out of Dthrow then.
I got it to work on Fox in training mode (registered as a true combo), I don't remember what percent it starts at, but it ended around 60-65% I believe.

8MAN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FourOhFour
3DS FC
4871-4261-8409
Weak hits of grounded Spin Attack seem to connect better, although more testing is needed.

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
I hit a Sheik with the edge of the first hit of back of Usmash and she seemed to be drawn into the middle for the next two hits to connect -- Usmash definitely works differently. Works better grounded too now. -- Okay yes as FSK says all the individual hits have suction now and the hitbox at the back of Link appears to be bigger. FSK reports we can hit a Kirby crouching behind us with it.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I hit a Sheik with the edge of the first hit of back of Usmash and she seemed to be drawn into the middle for the next two hits to connect -- Usmash definitely works differently. Works better grounded too now. -- Okay yes as FSK says all the individual hits have suction now and the hitbox at the back of Link appears to be bigger. FSK reports we can hit a Kirby crouching behind us with it.
Could it hit people hanging onto the ledge?

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
FSK reports we can hit a Kirby crouching behind us with it.
I'm sitting here with an unpatched version of the game. Link could always hit crouching kirby with the back of Usmash on the first hit. And as long as Kirby is nearby, the move will link properly into the next two swings.

Last edited:

Serac

Smash Cadet
Could it hit people hanging onto the ledge?
It does, checked on Mario, but only if you are in front of them, also if you hit them this way they won't get sucked into the other strikes.

Also sour nair into grab could be a thing at low %, but we need a better tester than me

Last edited:

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
Huggles thinks Dair spike hitbox may last a little longer -- I tried and have a hunch too. Who can corroborate?

Hmm not so sure...

Last edited:

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Someone should double check but it seems like you get a couple extra frames of spike on the dair now. Finding it easier to land it but that may just be me.
Still having trouble seeing the dtilt improvement but it's probably just me.

Grab is definitely longer and seems slightly faster on miss.
Usmash's hitboxes are better and it sucks them in better.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Does the dtilt and dthrow buffs make up for the jab nerf in any way?

FSK

Smash Ace
Does the dtilt and dthrow buffs make up for the jab nerf in any way?
nope, but it's atleast something. Haven't found any nerfs yet.

an unofficial and unconfirmed list so far seems to be:

dthrow sends opponent up instead of backwards
usmash connects better, bigger hitbox
longer grab range. Longer zair range?
Dair spike box longer
dtilt has different trajectory
SAF is gone

Last edited:
Top Bottom