• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Patch Notes for 1.1.1

Rizen

Smash Legend
You can't tell where Link ranks except by playing the MUs. Other characters got buffs too (Zelda's Nair combos into elevator O.o )

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Sheik and Diddy also apparently got nerfed hard. Those are hard MUs for us so that might help our placement too. Changes can have very far reaching effects so it'll take a while to figure out what changes have been made and where everyone stands again.

ama99

Smash Journeyman
Screw off, ****face.
LOL:troll:

Seriously though. This will probably shoot Link up a couple notches up the tier list. It really depends now how much other chars have been nerfed.

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Lets just hope Ryu isn't a major threat, because he'll inevitably obliterate everyone in CQC. His recovery seems exploitable even to us, so maybe that will tone him down.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Guys go fight in the social like civilized Link players. Link's Fsmash/Usmash definitely connects better even vs balloon weights like Jiggz. Grab is longer too.
Edit Dthrow does not combo into Sh>aerial upB.
Edit, Dthrow only does 6% now (was 7%), all other throws do 7% still.

Last edited:

Nimious

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nimious
Rejoice, we didn't get nerfed some more.

Seems with the D-tilt change there's a lot more to explore. Also now every move has a use haha :).

Last edited:

8MAN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FourOhFour
3DS FC
4871-4261-8409
Can someone check Spin Attack as well, I want comfirmation whether the weak hit connects better.
Placebo effect really messes with me :(

Rizen

Smash Legend
Can someone check Spin Attack as well, I want comfirmation whether the weak hit connects better.
I messed with it and don't think SA changed but it's hard to tell.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
I'm not 100% sure what you mean by "it connects better". Could you elaborate?

berserker00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Berserker10
3DS FC
1220-7875-3865
Switch FC
6493 3764 6404
This was posted a bit earlier but it's pretty cool that Link seems to have a decently trustworthy hoohah now. Combos at high percent. (~120% for Mario) Timing might be a little strict for it to combo but it's not so easy to escape from what I've seen so far (if you include air-dodge trapping though, it doesn't really work below 90% for Mario at least and gets less safe to pull off in the 90s% but becomes easier to do at 100% up). Pretty good kill setup. I'm liking what they've done to d-throw so far.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I tested Link's custom moves and they seem the same. There's absolutely no reason to use Shocking Spin unless you're looking for a recovery nerf with no benefits.

8MAN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FourOhFour
3DS FC
4871-4261-8409
I'm not 100% sure what you mean by "it connects better". Could you elaborate?
After the initial hit of the grounded spin attack, the hitboxes for the weak hits were pretty inconsistant, this was true especially if the initial hit was shielded. I was testing the weak hits of the grounded spin attack on jumping and shielding Mario, and the weak hits felt more constistant.

Edit: Powershielding still removes the weak hitboxes on Spin Attack.
Also, shield pushback on Spin Attack seems increased greatly, fully charged on shield pushed Mario about 1/3 of Battlefield, uncharged is about 1/6.

Last edited:

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
I'm at ECT but when I get back I'd like to see the official changes and discussion.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm not sure if this is a change or not.
Link's Gale Boomerang does 7% up close, 5% at a distance. His custom 2 boomerang does 9% up close, 7% at a distance, 5% near the end of the outward motion (where the gale would push) and 3% when returning. Ripping boomerang is still a complete pos with no practical use; same goes for giant bombs.

Edit someone said if you go to notices it has a log of game balances. I didn't have spot pass on and couldn't check. Will someone look into that?

Last edited:

Himura Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
I'm at ECT but when I get back I'd like to see the official changes and discussion.
You're in the military?

I don't see this log, it just says that there are game balances and gameplay adjustments

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Important: Someone said if you go to notices (main menu) it has a log of game balances. I didn't have spot pass on and couldn't check. Will someone look into that? It could save a ton of trouble.
Edit, it has nothing specific, just "balances for improved play". Figures.

Last edited:

Serac

Smash Cadet
The damage from U smash seems to vary from 16 to 18 depending on where is the enemy when Link delivers the last strike.

16 Behind Link (9 the last single hit)
17 In front of Link (10 the last single hit)
18 Above Link (11 the last single hit)

This seems to affect the knock-back and killing % with the slash above being the strongest and the one behind the weakest.

Edit.

I believe that the knockback in the above hit is stronger than the pre-patch, the front hit is the same as pre-patch and the behind hit is weaker than pre-patch.

Last edited:

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Oh, lol. ECT in the military means Extended Combat Training.
"Hang on a minute sarge, just gotta post something on this video game forum, then I'll get back to it!"

I thought he meant Electroconvulsive therapy, that would have been something.

Btw, I was right about all oddities at the ledge with specials being removed. All kinds of Up B cancels, slide-offs &c. are out, seems like they fixed the ledge "glitches".

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
"Hang on a minute sarge, just gotta post something on this video game forum, then I'll get back to it!"

I thought he meant Electroconvulsive therapy, that would have been something.

Btw, I was right about all oddities at the ledge with specials being removed. All kinds of Up B cancels, slide-offs &c. are out, seems like they fixed the ledge "glitches".
That means that Fox needs to revise the At thread. Did we lose the reverse fadeout on the Ledge for trumping?

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
That means that Fox needs to revise the At thread. Did we lose the reverse fadeout on the Ledge for trumping?
This? Yes. Samus missile cancel, Yoshi egg cancel, Zelda love cancel at ledge &c. are all gone too. Link's SAF and SAFC seem to be too.

8MAN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FourOhFour
3DS FC
4871-4261-8409
This? Yes. Samus missile cancel, Yoshi egg cancel, Zelda love cancel at ledge &c. are all gone too. Link's SAF and SAFC seem to be too.
I managed to do a SAF, but it only works if your spin attack isn't perfect shielded on the edge.

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
Thank you guys... Im where my mother in law, so I can't test anything. Your work is priceless.

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
I managed to do a SAF, but it only works if your spin attack isn't perfect shielded on the edge.
That's not an SAF, that's this. That has to do with knockback when you hit something on shield, happens with any move that puts you in freefall after it when used in the air -- DK's Neutral B still has it too.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Well crap. I had saved a copy of the last patch on a separate flash drive because I thought it would allow me to switch between patches as I pleased. Turns out that once you update a game, its impossible to play it at an earlier patch.

Anyways, I don't have anything concrete yet, but after doing a recording run through here's a few things I can comment on

• Dthrow is definitely changed, there's no doubting that.
  • Dtilt had it's KB decreased again. It might be faster but I'm not sure yet.
  • Usmash seems to have been changed. Before the opponent would be locked in place with each hit, now it seems that each hit moves the opponent above Link. This will probably make it easy to land all three hits. This might be a change for all multi-hit move, but again I'm not sure.
  • It seems that the back hit of spin attack got a KB buff. Still not as powerful as it was pre 1.0.6 though.
  • Grab range definitely seems longer

Last edited:

8MAN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FourOhFour
3DS FC
4871-4261-8409
That's not an SAF, that's this. That has to do with knockback when you hit something on shield, happens with any move that puts you in freefall after it when used in the air -- DK's Neutral B still has it too.
Ok, thanks for clarifying

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
Edit: I saw someone already said this.

I still feel like nair has been made to have more KB though

Last edited:

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
All special sliding of edge stuff is gone in general. I played some practice with a friend and that was like the first thing he noticed
This is because DreamLand 64. Wind interactions could kill/gimp people unexpectly if the slide interactions were not quit.

Top Bottom