• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Patch 1.1.5

White_Pointer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wh1tepointer
Check the patch notes thread, it's confirmed there in multiple posts.
Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see it. This is what I see in the official patch notes thread in the first post:

• Super Missle:
    • Frames 3-23: Frame Duration of .9 added (Decreases startup by approximately 2 frames)
    • Frames 23-43: Frame Duration of 1.1 added (Increases duration of shooting animation by 2 frames, thus not changing the duration of the move as a whole)
  • Charge Shot:
    • Frames 10-20: Frame Duration of .8 added (Decreases startup by approximately 2 frames)
    • Frames 20-40: Frame Duration of 1.1 added (Increases duration of shooting animation by approximately 2 frames, thus not changing the duration of the move as a whole)
  • Ftilt:
    • Down Angle:
      • Damage: 6/7/8/9 -> 8/9/10/11
      • BKB: 10/10/30/30 -> 20/20/30/30
    • Normal Angle:
      • Damage: 5/6/7/8 -> 7/8/9/10
      • Up Angle:
        • Damage: 6/7/8/9 -> 8/9/10/11
  • Nair:
    • Hit 1 Damage: 8/8 -> 10/10
    • Hit 2 (Normal) Damage: 7/7 -> 9/9
    • Hit 2 (Late):
      • Damage: 6/6 -> 8/8
      • Size: 3.3/3.3 -> 3.6/3.6
      • Z Position: 5.3/0 -> 5.4/0
  • Fair:
    • First Hit:
      • Hitbox 1:
        • Angle: 295 -> 60
        • WBKB: 3 -> 15
      • Hitbox 2:
        • WBKB: 3 -> 15
        • Size: 6 -> 4
        • X/Z Position: 0/9 -> 2/10.7
      • Hitbox 3 (Entirely New Hitbox):
        • Damage: N/A -> 3
        • Angle: N/A -> 80
        • BKG: N/A -> 100
        • WBKB: N/A -> 15
        • Size: N/A -> 4
        • X/Y/Z Position: N/A -> (-2, -.6, 7.2)
        • Stretch X/Y/Z Position: N/A -> (-2, -.6, 7.2)
    • Hits 2-4:
      • Hitbox 1:
        • Angle: 20 -> 18
        • WBKB: 25 -> 30
  • Bomb Asynchronous Timer: 47 -> 45 (Approximately 2 less frames of endlag)
  • Dash Attack:
    • Early Hit (Entirely New Hitbox):
      • Hitbox: N/A -> 8F -> 10F
      • Damage: N/A -> 7
      • Angle: N/A -> 75
      • BKG: N/A -> 60
      • BKB: N/A -> 80
      • Size: N/A -> 4.5
    • Total Frames: 37F -> 33F
    • Sound Effect Level: 2 -> 1
  • Dsmash Total Frames: 51F -> 44F
  • Nair Front/Back Weak/Back Strong Damage: 8/6/7 -> 10/8/9
  • Standing Grab Total Frames: 75F -> 69F
  • Dash Grab Total Frames: 73F -> 67F
  • Pivot Grab Total Frames: 89F -> 83F
There's no mention of her physics changes anywhere there, which means that they have not been officially confirmed yet. It's mentioned in replies, but it hasn't been added to the first post yet.

Last edited:

Hark17ball

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talos21
3DS FC
0662-5845-1699
Sorry if this has been asked already, but how much do the buffs to Samus help her? Is it immense or just a nice buff? I love watching Samus players.
So far it's a very nice Quality of Life buff. Deff have to go further into the lab tho!

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
Sorry if this has been asked already, but how much do the buffs to Samus help her? Is it immense or just a nice buff? I love watching Samus players.
I would say it's immense. The return of KO percent ftilt tech chases. The addition of being able to follow up dsmash with the better FAF. The huge improvements for nair and fair. It's really great. The additional air speed and fall speed also help though we lost uair -> first hit of uair out of SH and fair -> bair out of FJ. Otherwise though, we have lost basically nothing and gained a ton.

Hark17ball

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talos21
3DS FC
0662-5845-1699
I would say it's immense. The return of KO percent ftilt tech chases. The addition of being able to follow up dsmash with the better FAF. The huge improvements for nair and fair. It's really great. The additional air speed and fall speed also help though we lost uair -> first hit of uair out of SH and fair -> bair out of FJ. Otherwise though, we have lost basically nothing and gained a ton.
Uair>1st Uair hit? Do you mean the Pratfall thing KayJays video had? And Fair>Bair? Because they DId in? Maybe I've done it and just can't remember it lol

Last edited:

White_Pointer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wh1tepointer
Some changes are going to make a big difference, notably the new dash attack hitbox, ftilt damage/kb, new nair damage/kb, fair changes and dsmash change. CS change too but to a lesser extent. Stuff like the missile changes are nice but probably won't have a big impact on gameplay overall. The grab buff is long overdue but it's only 6 frames and still the slowest grab in the game (all grabs still last comfortably more than a full second), my prediction is that change isn't going to affect her meta too much, but it is nice that we can potentially whiff a grab and not die now.

She's still got some jank stuff that should be fixed but the improvements are very welcome overall. Whether the changes are enough to move her up the tier list significantly remains to be seen cause other low tiers have also received some buffs, so we'll see.

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
Uair>1st Uair hit? Do you mean the Pratfall thing KayJays video had? And Fair>Bair? Because they DId in? Maybe I've done it and just can't remember it lol
Oh, yeah not real combos. Sorry. You can't get the first hitbox of uair out after a uair from SH anymore. It's gone. You can do bair and get the first hit of uair out. From a full jump you used to be able to fair and get a perfect bair on landing. Now you can only get nair.

Hark17ball

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talos21
3DS FC
0662-5845-1699
Oh, yeah not real combos. Sorry. You can't get the first hitbox of uair out after a uair from SH anymore. It's gone. You can do bair and get the first hit of uair out. From a full jump you used to be able to fair and get a perfect bair on landing. Now you can only get nair.
Oh ok thanks! I'll have to note that as I'm landing now. I did like to run off stage and Jump back on with Bair coming up and a 2nd Bair as I hit the ground, good shield pressure and if dropped they'd get a nice boot to the face. I wonder if the fall speed messed that up too, I'll have to check when home.

Last edited:

GotACoolName

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, can you explain this more clearly? Are you talking about falling uair to SH uair? And we lost these things because of faster fall speed?

Hark17ball

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talos21
3DS FC
0662-5845-1699
Sorry, can you explain this more clearly? Are you talking about falling uair to SH uair? And we lost these things because of faster fall speed?
He meant in 1 Short Hop we could Uair and then have a 2nd Uair come out. It had to be frame perfect tho. Ill link the video in a sec

http://youtu.be/qEC6rkLYV-c

Last edited:

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
Some changes are going to make a big difference, notably the new dash attack hitbox, ftilt damage/kb, new nair damage/kb, fair changes and dsmash change. CS change too but to a lesser extent. Stuff like the missile changes are nice but probably won't have a big impact on gameplay overall. The grab buff is long overdue but it's only 6 frames and still the slowest grab in the game (all grabs still last comfortably more than a full second), my prediction is that change isn't going to affect her meta too much, but it is nice that we can potentially whiff a grab and not die now.

She's still got some jank stuff that should be fixed but the improvements are very welcome overall. Whether the changes are enough to move her up the tier list significantly remains to be seen cause other low tiers have also received some buffs, so we'll see.
Samus's Dash Grab now has less ending frames than ZSS's Dash Grab.

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
Anyone know if Samus can still ledge drop to auto-cancel f-air onto stage with her new fall speed?
It works just as reliable as pre-patch. Remenber you don't use a short hop, you use the double jump.

GotACoolName

Smash Journeyman
It works just as reliable as pre-patch. Remenber you don't use a short hop, you use the double jump.
That's great, but I don't understand your point. The window for f-airing onto stage from ledge and successfully getting the auto-cancel without landing lag was pretty small (I can do it if I ledge drop with back instead of down so as not to fast fall before the jump). I figured that window might be shut with her new faster fall speed. Glad to hear that isn't the case.

Last edited:

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
That's great, but I don't understand your point. The window for f-airing onto stage from ledge and successfully getting the auto-cancel without landing lag was pretty small (I can do it if I ledge drop with back instead of down so as not to fast fall before the jump). I figured that window might be shut with her new faster fall speed. Glad to hear that isn't the case.
The point is that double jump height looks the same as prepatch (maybe even a tiny bit higher) where as the short hop duration is smaller.

Zeeloid

Smash Rookie
Me either what's the trick guys pull back during fair or push forward?

Hark17ball

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talos21
3DS FC
0662-5845-1699
O Ometeotl Zeeloid Zeeloid
You want a Rhythym. The instant you pull back, push forward while hitting the Cstick forward.

There's a visual cue when you know you've landed it. You won't really come far off the ledge you will sort of notice your body pushed/clipped the edge and then flip over it. It takes practice!

Last edited:

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
We went from 41st fastest in the air to 28th fastest, it's a nice change. I noticed pre patch how jumping away defensively could often get punished because of her slow air speed, and now we outspeed 13 more characters than we used to. It's tougher to pursue her in the air now.

Also the fair change means we can challenge the opponent's aerials with fair now instead of nair. Whereas before fair would drop them, it works pretty solidly now. It has better range and disjoint than nair so I think I'm gonna start using it a lot more.

White_Pointer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wh1tepointer
Also the fair change means we can challenge the opponent's aerials with fair now instead of nair. Whereas before fair would drop them, it works pretty solidly now. It has better range and disjoint than nair so I think I'm gonna start using it a lot more.
Yeah I'm loving the new fair. It's awesome. It's so nice to actually reliably connect with the whole move now instead of getting frustrated that opponents are falling out of it. Pity uair, up b and up smash didn't get the same treatment, but yeah fair is great now, and combos pretty reliably off our new dash attack too. It's also a reliable edge guarding tool as well.

I actually found a disadvantage to our buffed nair today though...Corrin's counter killed me at 60% off a nair :(

Last edited:

apparently fuz

legendary doesn't fit me.
NNID
googlemynumber
3DS FC
1908-0730-5856
Hey, haven't really been here for a while.

Anyways, do you think that n-air is better than b-air currently? The kill power on n-air is absolutely nutty.

Shuckle_SSB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DarkFire5136
3DS FC
4124-5307-8608
Sheik's side b is the grenade and it actually is terrible and it sends you into special fall. Accidentally using it causes SDs surprisingly often.

Didn't pay attention to the context here, just jumped to the bottom of the thread to look for new info, but that guy isn't wrong, that side b is garbage.
I still can't see it as entire garbage when it still has uses.

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
Hey, haven't really been here for a while.

Anyways, do you think that n-air is better than b-air currently? The kill power on n-air is absolutely nutty.
Bair is still a lot more powerful. IMO, Nair is better off stage, but Bair is better on stage or in the middle of the stage.

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
Has anyone seen if nair is safe on shield now?
Ooh if Nair was safe on shield that could have done so much for Samus. Having something like that she could just throw out and be safe on shield would be so nice.

E.Lopez

Smash Journeyman
NNID
roykoopa64
I figure I'll share this story here as it relates to 1.1.5.

I think I have accidentally misled a few people to think that down-tilt got buffed in this patch.

Let me explain: The night 1.1.5 hit, I played some For Glory and then uploaded some of my replays to my youtube account, like I usually do, since I like to rewatch how I played and seek improvement.

For some reason, my Samus videos were getting a higher than normal number of views. I didn't realize it then, but my guess is that my videos must have been showing up for people who were searching for Samus 1.1.5 given that I had 'Samus' and '1.1.5' in my video title.

In one match vs a Fox, my Samus was at 120%, Fox at 110%, I used d-tilt at 1:40 and KO'ed Fox. That didn't seem right, but I didn't have time to investigate if d-tilt got buffed, and I hadn't heard about d-tilt getting buffed.

When I started getting comments on my video about the d-tilt, I looked up Afro Smash Afro Smash 's thread Samus Moveset Kill Percents, and saw that, vs Mario at the centre of FD with CPU set to Control, d-tilt kills at 205% I don't know what patch we were at when that thread was made, but I went ahead and duplicated his conditions and found d-tilt killed around 200%, so it didn't really get buffed.

On closer inspection of the replay, I saw that my d-tilt hit Fox just as he was starting a smash attack, which would explain why he died so early. (Fox is also a lighter character than Mario, and under Afro's conditions, Fox dies at 182%).

I went ahead and added comments to the video to explain, however people are still posting about the d-tilt and wondering if it got buffed!

Gijsbeer

Smash Cadet
Hey ive only had about an hour on 1.1.5 but ive had training dummies fall out of up air on a regular basis, Im not woried since Im not used too the mobility changes yet. Could it be cause im pulling the trigger on uair too late and I fall out under my target before the move is finsished? Have any of you experienced the same with Uair?

Edit: My samus is rusty as ****, haent played her since beast since I assumed patches were over. Ive been playing wario for the past month

Last edited:

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
I'm pretty sure we couldn't do it before, could we?

And do you guys know for sure the jab change is placebo? I feel that now is really harder to pull a jab to Fsmash combo.
The Jab Change is totally placebo because as you can see in my Lab-thread I did a complete % list for every character when Jab1 is safe on hit, these % didn't change in 1.1.5.

Jandlebars

Still fallin'!
We went from 41st fastest in the air to 28th fastest, it's a nice change. I noticed pre patch how jumping away defensively could often get punished because of her slow air speed, and now we outspeed 13 more characters than we used to. It's tougher to pursue her in the air now.

I think the nuances of her air-speed increase were sort of overlooked when people were discussing her changes earlier.
Pre-patch, it was one of the changes that I was hoping would be made, since it does essentially give her more room to work with in every stage of the game.

Hey ive only had about an hour on 1.1.5 but ive had training dummies fall out of up air on a regular basis, Im not woried since Im not used too the mobility changes yet. Could it be cause im pulling the trigger on uair too late and I fall out under my target before the move is finsished? Have any of you experienced the same with Uair?

Edit: My samus is rusty as ****, haent played her since beast since I assumed patches were over. Ive been playing wario for the past month
It happens to me too, but I'm near certain that it is just the mobility and gravity changes, like you mentioned.

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
Now that I think about it, isn't Samus' Uair the only drilling aerial that doesn't "lock" the opponent in the hitboxes? Would the move be too powerful otherwise?

Squaddle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gaulderdash
With the new airspeed i was able to do a falling up-air (only the first couple of hits) into sweetspotted f-smash on a greninja at 90ish percent (without having to add in a crouch cancel jab like in the pre-existing combo)

I'm thinking it was only possible because I caught him in the start of a jump and he probably tried to SDI away out of it, but i'll try and see if I can replicate it on any other characters.

Last edited:

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
That was a string pre patch too, good vs floaties or fastfallers if you catch them at short hop height as you said

Zyriliss

Smash Rookie
I will miss the use of bomb jumps and moon gravity to forever stall in the air. I probably over use morph ball bombs... But it is worth it and more now that my favorite moves actually work right. ^_^

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
fuzuza said:
B-air remains way stronger. I tend to cross up opponents a lot with DA and so I end up using B-air a lot for combo damage. This change is significant for my play-style as I pull out N-air to kill offstage and it's really quite good now. A couple patches ago it got buffed, but now between F-air, N-air and D-air the holy trinity of offstage threats is truly strong.

Bowserboy3 said:
Ooh if Nair was safe on shield that could have done so much for Samus. Having something like that she could just throw out and be safe on shield would be so nice.
N-air -> D-tilt is a very useful simple jump in combo which is almost but not quite safe on shield out of SHAD. If they have a slow grab (Samus, pacman, etc...) this is a great opener.

I think the reason people are feeling this way is because they're not used to the 7% DA hit. Because it sends your opponent lower than the 10% hit, it means they can fall out much easier. The scaling (which is non-linear) was such that you would always be able to get 10% DA -> Up-Air -> B-air with fairly easy timing on Sheik at 0%. Now, she's a bit lower in the air, she can connect to up-air below the shoulders, and so falling out is a real possibility and the B-air, while it still can combo, is considerably more difficult.
Basically things are at a slightly different spot in the air than your previous reflexes were built to anticipate, and characters who couldn't fall out at 0% (light fastfallers specifically) now end up below the shoulders and *can* fall out.
You will adapt, more triples :p

Garo said:
Now that I think about it, isn't Samus' Uair the only drilling aerial that doesn't "lock" the opponent in the hitboxes? Would the move be too powerful otherwise?
I think the move was designed carefully, they want you to be able to figure out if there's a follow up to it but also keep some guesswork going with DI + SDI. If it locked the opponent in the hitboxes, you wouldn't be able to figure out follow ups. You would constantly be catching opponents on the tips and if they stayed on the tips, with no "drilling through" it would be a pure guessing game. Of course locking them AND drilling through would be amazing :p

Zeeloid

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm on smash amiino and I created a character breakdown for Samus. I tried to be as detailed as I could via my experiences and included some in depth combo videos (urs too Dungeon) so that ppl have the option to get super technical. Here it is http://aminoapps.com/p/czz49 . I was told that jab combos after 1.1.5 but i don't think it does, at least not until mid percents or if the opponent is airborne. If u guys could "fact check" it for any other discrepencies that would be phenomenal. My goal was to make a guide that had everything a Samus main could ask for or as close to that as possible (I know there r some biased statements lol). The links I put at the end were for techniques, showmanship, possibilities and background on our favourite girl. Let me know ur thoughts, plz and thanks

Top Bottom