• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Paper Mario series - Vote more than once! Whoever doesn't vote for Vivian gets banned

Who's your favorite companion? :D

• Total voters

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Am I the only one who liked PM1 better than TTYD?
IT'S A WITCH!!! BURN IT!!! BURN IT!!!

But no, your not the only one, there's a good amount of people that likes Paper Mario over Paper Mario TTYD, strangely there are some people that like Super Paper Mario over TTYD. But over all, I like TTYD the best, with Paper Mario second, and Super Paper Mario as third. I love them all.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I hate Super Paper Mario

As well as extremely long cutscenes and dialog, the lack of the old battling system is annoying

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I love Paper Mario 1 & 2 equal. Y'all are haters for having preferences.

I hate Super Paper Mario too though

Melfice z

Smash Ace
I was never really hyped enough to get that third paper mario. the new battle mechanics were a real turn off :/
ive gotta say #1 definitely for the storyline but TTYD's quirks and battle system win me over :D

and yeah i guess youre right tery :p

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
i wouldn't consider super paper mario as the 3rd of the series. It was more of super mario game with the mechanics of paper mario...or something

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
it would be like considering pokemon puzzle league as part of your typical pokemon game series because it includes pokemon in the title. Or something like that.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
yeah something like that, since it doesn't follow the game mechanics of PM64 and TTYD.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Unlike Pokemon Puzzle League, (why didn't they just stuck with Yoshi characters or Panel De Pon characters is beyond me), Super Paper Mario is connected with the series story wise. Only differences is that it's an Action RPG/Platformer.

Melfice z

Smash Ace
i was sad when whacka stopped spawning D: that was such an awesome item! 25 hp/fp!

@roacherman

surely carring an extra grown man despite having wings not porportional to your body must be hard!

Melfice z

Smash Ace
Its most likely possible. After he stopped appearing i left the island and never made time to go back..

i think its finally time to finish this paper mario 5hp run for good, im at bowser for goodness sake!

Melfice z

Smash Ace
Defence ups and partner abilities, or just outright beating the baddies before they get a chance to attack! Bosses... a little more interesting theres a LOT of dodging involved heh Im not sure on specifics i havnt touched the game in months.

I think the reason i stopped was beccause id have to backtrack the whole castle to get a life shroom -_- bowsers fire hits for 10 damage and i cant survive in any way!

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
i hated how in PM64 when you beat bowser and nothing really happens after that :|

You could... replay the game? Hahaha, that's what I'd do with a game like that. In reality the only games that lose all replay value on the second go around is probably something along the lines of Ace Attourney...

I've only played TTYD, and I had a blast with it. Bobbery was my character by far. You can't mess with his sweet stache. TTYD was one of the few games I really enjoyed from beginning to end, and I'd pick it up again if I still had it (I actually still have the NP Player's Guide, lol)

Really? That's sad, their player guides were usually more accurate (and more fun to read) than Prima's. I haven't even seen NP anywhere in stores anymore. I hope they're still running. They were my favourite magazine. Still read the old issues from 2005 >_>

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Really? That's sad, their player guides were usually more accurate (and more fun to read) than Prima's. I haven't even seen NP anywhere in stores anymore. I hope they're still running. They were my favourite magazine. Still read the old issues from 2005 >_>
They are, I own a subscription, but they're run by a different publisher.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Same here. When I beat it my first time I sat at the credit screen and waited forever to see if anything happened afterwards...but nope
I'm pretty sure all Paper Mario fans were pretty disappointed.

But not me.

So, we still haven't received answers from those Yoshi-loving children...

Top Bottom