• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data PacMan's M & Ms (Metagame and Match-Up) Discussion Thread

Lord Cruxis

Smash Cadet
How do you guys approach Dedede? The gordos are such a ***** to deal with and the recovery frames on his smashes are very difficult to punish. I've only experienced this on For Glory. Could it be I'm not used to the lag so I'm missing these punishes by a few frames?
So from my own experience I've notice gordo's are beat from ALL of our fruits and it is hilarious. Although even with that problem solved...He takes forever to kill. I can't beat him till 150-200%. So its like he has two stocks on him....

Little Pac

Smash Rookie
So from my own experience I've notice gordo's are beat from ALL of our fruits and it is hilarious. Although even with that problem solved...He takes forever to kill. I can't beat him till 150-200%. So its like he has two stocks on him....
Even the cherry and strawberry? That's golden.

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
Anybody else having trouble with Mario? His frame allows him to slip in between Pac-Man and Blinky when Pac-Man performs a forward smash and punish with down smash or something, and he escapes all of Pac-Man's setups with N-air. He's also mostly unfazed by Pac-Man's projectiles, as he can rush in and f-smash/d-smash the Hydrant and cape the Bonus Fruit.

Close combat seems to be the only option (and Pac-Man's only effective CC attack is jab), that and gimping with back air. Occasionally I put the Hydrant near the edge which, since its hurtbox overlaps with the ledge itself, causes Mario to rise above it when he uses SPJ and the blast of water will send him in my direction to be punished with an f-smash, but emphasis on "occasionally" because that's situational. There are also times when a recovering Mario will get pushed away from the ledge by the water blast, but that's still situational.

dragontamer

Smash Ace
NNID
dragontamer5788
I feel like Mario has an advantage vs Pacman, but I've honestly had bigger issues vs Lucario and Rosalina. (Yeah yeah... it sounds like I'm in the minority with the Lucario thing)

The main weakness of Mario is that he's gimped relatively early by fair-fair footstool combos and orange. His recovery honestly isn't that good. Gimp him, gimp him good.

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
I feel like Mario has an advantage vs Pacman, but I've honestly had bigger issues vs Lucario and Rosalina. (Yeah yeah... it sounds like I'm in the minority with the Lucario thing)

The main weakness of Mario is that he's gimped relatively early by fair-fair footstool combos and orange. His recovery honestly isn't that good. Gimp him, gimp him good.
I'll try that. I never think to use the Orange lol.

As for Lucario, I've never fought one using Pac-Man, but I have lost to a Lucario as R.O.B. twice. The problem I see, generally, is that Lucario's reversal gimmick combined with an analytic playstyle will help him win matches. His punishes get stronger, which I underestimate, and as a result I get KO'd earlier than I should. What problems are you having, specifically?

dragontamer

Smash Ace
NNID
dragontamer5788
The Lucario I play against often uses backrolls and other very safe tactics, using superior aura spheres and aerials to keep my Pacman away and control the zoning game. The few times I "get in", Lucario uses counter to force me to think about my approaches (Pac-Man's grab is underrated honestly... but very unsafe on whiff. Especially against a high% Lucario).

Lucario wins in the zoning game, hands down. Pac-Man's fruit are great, but Lucario spams more micro-spheres and simply controls more space. It is Pac-Man who needs to be the aggressor in the matchup. From the get-go, it feels like Lucario is "in control" of the game.

From there, getting Lucario to 80% is easy enough. Beyond that, the game becomes much harder. Lucario's hitboxes become insane (side-B as a zoning tool, wtf), Sphere Spam is stronger, smashes hit harder, and his down-B can KO 90% Pacman in reaction to me throwing a cherry. :-(

So it is a little bit about getting outplayed by Lucario, but it feels like I'm on a clock vs him. If i don't actually finish the job, Lucario can take advantage of his massive recovery to make his landings unpredictable (at 130%+, Lucario can recover from off-screen left and land on the right-side of Final Destination. No joke, its huge). So its very hard for me to actually land that killing blow against smart players who mix up their landing options.

My typical "gimping" strategies don't seem to work. Off-stage Fair-Fair doesn't cut it, you actually need to deal a solid knockout blow vs Lucario.

Thus, I end up facing Lucario until like 160% (when Bair finally can solidly kill), and end up losing my first stock, and take like 40% or 50% on my 2nd stock before I KO Lucario's first stock.

If I can get fair-nair off-stage combos down pat, and if I can get more Bell-Smash combos set up... maybe I'll do a bit better. But as it stands, I think Lucario is my greatest foe (tied with Rosalina).

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
So how are we feeling about the megaman matchup? Honestly, I feel that it's in our favor. Our fruit and hydrant cancel out all of his projectiles, our air game is superior, and it's difficult for him to gimp us because of how great our recovery game is

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
So how are we feeling about the megaman matchup? Honestly, I feel that it's in our favor. Our fruit and hydrant cancel out all of his projectiles, our air game is superior, and it's difficult for him to gimp us because of how great our recovery game is
I haven't played any good Mega Man players. I bet a really good one would be able to pressure us really well.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I haven't played any good Mega Man players. I bet a really good one would be able to pressure us really well.
Yes, but our long range game and close range game completely out perfom his. As a Megaman main as well, we do best at mid range but a good pacman player can put space between him and megaman with the hydrant, and ruin his pellet/ grab game with our fruits. Especially the melon, apple, and orange as they ruin his horizontal game, which is the direction that megaman pressures in

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Yes, but our long range game and close range game completely out perfom his. As a Megaman main as well, we do best at mid range but a good pacman player can put space between him and megaman with the hydrant, and ruin his pellet/ grab game with our fruits. Especially the melon, apple, and orange as they ruin his horizontal game, which is the direction that megaman pressures in
I know. But if Mega Man is projectile-spammy enough, then we don't have time to charge to any of those except the orange, and he can force us into mid-range, at which point we have to fight to get in to close range, which is difficult with any technical Mega Man (@Zucco).

Paper Maribro

Smash Ace
I have played a good mega man for a solid few games and I am not gonna lie I got absolutely wrecked. I feel we may have an advantage with some platforms but because of his ability to spam two projectile constantly and then follow it up with a charge shot it does make the matchup challenging. I have improved massively since I last played him, however, I still would put it in favour of Mega simply because the only projectile that will out prioritise is the key. And that is gonna take a hell of a long time to charge with a constant barrage of projectiles.

More research required for this one.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I know. But if Mega Man is projectile-spammy enough, then we don't have time to charge to any of those except the orange, and he can force us into mid-range, at which point we have to fight to get in to close range, which is difficult with any technical Mega Man (@Zucco).
Which is why I feel that the hydrant and trampoline will be key in this matchup. The hydrant blocks all of his projectiles, giving us time to charge, and when thrown, it cancels his projectiles out. Megaman will be forced into the air, and we can easily punish with an up air or side B as megaman is vulnerable from below due to a laggy dair and the lack of a full-body coverage nair. The trampoline helps us get him in the air faster, and pushes him high enought that he can't reach us with a metal blade, and we can proceed to punish. Although, we have to watch out for the leaf sheild on the way down as it can disrupt us if we don't predict and punish.

I feel that the matchup is 55:45 in our favor as he can pressure us really well, but it's easy to keep him from his mid-range spacing game, and we can punish him hard for it.

I have played a good mega man for a solid few games and I am not gonna lie I got absolutely wrecked. I feel we may have an advantage with some platforms but because of his ability to spam two projectile constantly and then follow it up with a charge shot it does make the matchup challenging. I have improved massively since I last played him, however, I still would put it in favour
But all of our fruits cancel his projectiles out...
Although I feel you on the charge shot, that thing is intangible. But, it's really easy to punish due to the massive startup and cooldown

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Oh wow, well I had no idea about that.

Whoops…

Will have to play some again now I am not stupid.

Thanks.
Lol np. They melon and hydrant are actually the best projectiles to use against him as they out prioritize all of his projectiles and just keep moving forward. We need to watch out for the leaf sheild though, as it sometimes cancels out our weaker fruits

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Which is why I feel that the hydrant and trampoline will be key in this matchup. The hydrant blocks all of his projectiles, giving us time to charge, and when thrown, it cancels his projectiles out. Megaman will be forced into the air, and we can easily punish with an up air or side B as megaman is vulnerable from below due to a laggy dair and the lack of a full-body coverage nair. The trampoline helps us get him in the air faster, and pushes him high enought that he can't reach us with a metal blade, and we can proceed to punish. Although, we have to watch out for the leaf sheild on the way down as it can disrupt us if we don't predict and punish.

I feel that the matchup is 55:45 in our favor as he can pressure us really well, but it's easy to keep him from his mid-range spacing game, and we can punish him hard for it.
I think that more research is required, but I'm leaning more towards an even matchup.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
New news. Our fruit actually outprioritize megaman's fsmash. It's as if our fruits absorb the attack XD. We can place a fruit on the ground and be fully protected, or throw a melon as a shield.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
So I dunno why, but I have trouble with Sonic, Mario, Link (as well as Tink), and Mega Man. Surprisingly enough I don't have too much trouble with rosa and Lucario. I feel like Fair and fullhop Nair can really give Rosa a hard time because of her tall figure, but other than that, there's no point in using Fruit or Hydrant unless you're sure you'll catch her off guard.

Meiwaku

Smash Rookie
So I dunno why, but I have trouble with Sonic, Mario, Link (as well as Tink), and Mega Man. Surprisingly enough I don't have too much trouble with rosa and Lucario. I feel like Fair and fullhop Nair can really give Rosa a hard time because of her tall figure, but other than that, there's no point in using Fruit or Hydrant unless you're sure you'll catch her off guard.

I agree with all of this except Sonic- patience and trampolines go a long way in this matchup.

I had so much trouble with (Toon) Link that I took up Villager as a counterpick for those two (and Samus) in particular. Mario is hard too (IMO 70/30) because his aerial game is good and fireballs are such an effective interrupting tool.

If you didn't know, hydrants are great against Rosalina on flat stages because it can split her up from Luma, and Luma won't jump over the hydrant.

Firedemon0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firedemon0
3DS FC
1134-8459-4639
I agree with all of this except Sonic- patience and trampolines go a long way in this matchup.

I had so much trouble with (Toon) Link that I took up Villager as a counterpick for those two (and Samus) in particular. Mario is hard too (IMO 70/30) because his aerial game is good and fireballs are such an effective interrupting tool.

If you didn't know, hydrants are great against Rosalina on flat stages because it can split her up from Luma, and Luma won't jump over the hydrant.
You have to be careful with Rosalina though, a good player just grav pulls the hydrant away safely.

Paper Maribro

Smash Ace
You have to be careful with Rosalina though, a good player just grav pulls the hydrant away safely.
Or doesnt use Luma Shot at all. My friend knew it caused Luma to glitch so when I played his RosaLuma (His secondary to Yoshi, another train wreck of a matchup for us), I spent basically the entire match either defending or dying. Its that kind of matchup. I didnt feel as helpless as I do against his Yoshi because defensive tactics worked against Rosalina (nothing works against a good Yoshi, they just zone you for days). If I had have spent the entire match being defensive, I might have won (The match went for over 10 minutes, we were both on our last stock 100% when I screwed up and died).

Last edited:

KiBom

Smash Journeyman
Anyone got any tips for the Shiek match-up. I have two people who main her in my group and I keep getting wrecked. One is super needle spammy (stops fruit and then goes through to deal damage) and one is just hyper-aggressive and I can't beat their pressure.

Paper Maribro

Smash Ace
Anyone got any tips for the Shiek match-up. I have two people who main her in my group and I keep getting wrecked. One is super needle spammy (stops fruit and then goes through to deal damage) and one is just hyper-aggressive and I can't beat their pressure.
Havent had any problems with Sheiks yet. For the aggressive one, just use your trampoline to get her airborne so you can rack up damage. If she doesnt bite the trampoline, range yourself away from the needles and charge up fruit. Abuse your quick tilts and dash attack and you should be okay.

For the spammy one, try and pick platformed stages. This will allow you to work around your lack of spammable projectile. If you knock her onto a platform above you, follow up with a Power Pellet and you should be set.

I havent got amazing experience with Sheik, but I have never had one trouble me too much.

Lord Cruxis

Smash Cadet
If you're a quick monkey about this; when I play shiek and shes doing one of those arcing attack she does, our Neutral B has its own hit/hurt box(?) and protect you from her while choosing a fruit you want....although you have to be pretty quick on your feet for it. But I feel it helps as a protective anti-air...but it doesn't hurt but at least you got fruit ready on hand now.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Back to the Mega Man discussion, I haven't fought many good Mega Man players, but one of my friends (who isn't very good, but is competent) uses Mega Man a lot, so I have some experience with Pac-Man/Mega Man interaction. Mega Man can actually be a threat if played aggressively. Every time I've fought a Mega Man, it's been a player who tries to be more defensive. However, as soon as they apply more offensive tactics, it works much better for them. If the Mega Man allows you to camp, then you have the upper hand and can charge fruit all day. But a competent Mega Man can make it very hard to charge fruit due to his excellent projectile game constantly harassing you. MM's Fsmash makes short work of the hydrant, and turns it into a very deadly hazard. He can snipe our power pellets to stop Side Special in its tracks. Mega Man puts projectiles out onto the field much faster than we can, so he's much better at applying pressure and maintaining it.

However, I think the match-up is solidly in our favor. Mega Man has a lot of predictable/laggy finishers, and by reading them correctly, Pac-Man makes short work of him with powerful smashes and aerial strings. Fruits such as orange gimp Mega Man hard along with off-stage Bair, and overall, our superior close combat game is a major factor in our favor. Mega Man can be annoying because he's a quicker projectile zoner, but I don't think it's enough to give him the edge in the matchup. I'll say 55:45 for now, but it could even be 60:40.

A good Samus can give my Pac-Man a serious run for my money. I'm not really sure how to beat her out, since she outspeeds and outranges up-close while having great pressure from afar. I've been hit by a full-power Charge Shot while charging fruit so many times due to its faster charge speed, better range, and online input delay. Good thing my secondary is Villager for an easy counterpick.

Last edited:

dragontamer

Smash Ace
NNID
dragontamer5788
Against characters with "faster long-range charge" than Pacman, learn to use strawberry defensively.

Strawberry has insane priority, and ties with Samus's fully charged blasts and Lucario's fully charged aura spheres. It comes out insanely quick, and stays on the ground, eating up those huge projectiles giving you time to run in. Vs Samus specifically, learning to short-hop approach over her "mini-shots" and get some solid fair pokes until Samus is in combo %. (~30%+ is when it is safe to start comboing the fair into other stuff).

It doesn't go through Melon last time I checked.

But it looks like priorities were tweaked in 1.03 patch. It may have changed. Maybe its my imagination though... I never wrote down what beat what... but things just feel different now.

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Against characters with "faster long-range charge" than Pacman, learn to use strawberry defensively.

Strawberry has insane priority, and ties with Samus's fully charged blasts and Lucario's fully charged aura spheres. It comes out insanely quick, and stays on the ground, eating up those huge projectiles giving you time to run in. Vs Samus specifically, learning to short-hop approach over her "mini-shots" and get some solid fair pokes until Samus is in combo %. (~30%+ is when it is safe to start comboing the fair into other stuff).

It doesn't go through Melon last time I checked.

But it looks like priorities were tweaked in 1.03 patch. It may have changed. Maybe its my imagination though... I never wrote down what beat what... but things just feel different now.
Doesn't go through the melon. Not even megaman's fully charged fsmash can get through it.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
Some people need to understand that ALL of our fruits have insane priority. I was playing a Lucario who was at 190% tossing fully charged aura spheres and my CHERRY was stopping it. I forced the approach, which in turn won me the match because he got impatient. Another move with good priority is Ftilt. I was facing a Pikachu last night who insisted on camping with thunderbolt (or whatever the projectile is called), and I didn't know how to deal with it at first. I couldn't out camp him because his shocks will come out at a faster rate than our fruit, and constantly shielding will put a strain on our shield... so I just kicked those ****ers and made the rat approach. His up close game is still terrifying, but it's manageable.

Sadly, Ftilt doesn't stop all the bull**** Rosalina throws out, so that's an entirely different uphill battle.

Last edited:

Lord Cruxis

Smash Cadet
Guys, I think I reached my peak as a pacman player. yielding all the skills and pros of him. And I just can't beat the heavy characters. Both competent bowser players and DDD keep wrecking me and I don't have quite a good answer. I'm not saying I'm planting hydrants in obvious manners so that he can punch it easily but even if I do place it strategically he(bowser and DDD) knows how to handle it properly. As well as catching my fruits even if thrown at odd angles. Now for bowser, I've even tried waiting for an opening from like his regular a,a combos and i couldn't grab him after blocking because pacmans grabbing to slow and I just get grabbed my self while waiting for his block string to end. oi...its tedious.

Paper Maribro

Smash Ace
Guys, I think I reached my peak as a pacman player. yielding all the skills and pros of him. And I just can't beat the heavy characters. Both competent bowser players and DDD keep wrecking me and I don't have quite a good answer. I'm not saying I'm planting hydrants in obvious manners so that he can punch it easily but even if I do place it strategically he(bowser and DDD) knows how to handle it properly. As well as catching my fruits even if thrown at odd angles. Now for bowser, I've even tried waiting for an opening from like his regular a,a combos and i couldn't grab him after blocking because pacmans grabbing to slow and I just get grabbed my self while waiting for his block string to end. oi...its tedious.
Bonus fruit is your friend in this MU. It gives you a lot of versatility. As Bowser is going to have to charge in on you, just start off by throwing an orange in his big, ugly mug. Follow it up with a dash attack and from there you can use some nice reads and his first stock could already be gone. I have done this once before, I think hi first stock lasted in the region of 15 seconds. Hydrant probably isnt the best in this matchup and you should probably abuse Oranges, Apples and Melons with the Key as a finisher.

dragontamer

Smash Ace
NNID
dragontamer5788
If they're catching fruit, throw the melon from a far distance and dash in on him. Punish him on "catch" lag.

Remember, when characters catch fruit, they lose all of their "A" attacks (including Grab). They can't smash, tilt, fair, grab, or jab you. Melon is insanely useful in this situation, because Pac Man can 'catch up' to the Melon and punish catchers (I usually use a dash-attack + combo)

Galaga is also useful, although it takes more charge. Bell is also useful, but takes even more charge than Galaga.

Orange, Apple and other fruits are too fast, the opponent will catch and throw it back to you before you close the distance.

------------------

As for the M&M tip for the day, use up-tilt when ZSS ends up behind you after you shield her dash-attack. Up-tilt has a funky "backwards" hitbox, but it means that Pac-Man has a pretty good option when opponents cross him up.

Last edited:

Firedemon0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firedemon0
3DS FC
1134-8459-4639
You can use Up-b to great effect against Ganon and Bowser. Dedede is better in air, but he does have to come down. The biggest thing to remember is that they want you to come in. Use Hydrant more as a delay from landing so they whiff an attack so you can punish their end lag. Short of Dedede's up-smash most of the attacks will launch hydrant away from hurting you.

dragontamer

Smash Ace
NNID
dragontamer5788
Also, for floating opponents, abuse the Bell.

Bell is absolutely great for punishing airborne opponents. Use it almost like Paulatina's up-smash. Charge to the Bell to scare the DDD back to the ground. If you miss, pick it back up and throw it again. Two Bell tries every charge.

If you hit, use Bair for the punish. Or use Up-air if you wanna keep hydrant-bair fresh (up-air is 10% dmg, Bair is 12%). Or if they're low enough, up-smash them ftw.

Last edited:

Lord Cruxis

Smash Cadet
@everyone

I'm gonna have to post a video of these match ups soon. Also I've tried the melon into dashing for it while they block. on the first chomp or 2nd chomp they are able to grab from it. I don't think its as safe as people think it is when it comes to the smarter players. I tried up B, rolling, jumping and nothing I just get grab out of it. also bowser been doing this thing where If I'm close to the edge and i'm blocking him he grabs you and commits suicide with you both, but since you're at the bottom you die first ending the game immediately.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Some people need to understand that ALL of our fruits have insane priority. I was playing a Lucario who was at 190% tossing fully charged aura spheres and my CHERRY was stopping it. I forced the approach, which in turn won me the match because he got impatient. Another move with good priority is Ftilt. I was facing a Pikachu last night who insisted on camping with thunderbolt (or whatever the projectile is called), and I didn't know how to deal with it at first. I couldn't out camp him because his shocks will come out at a faster rate than our fruit, and constantly shielding will put a strain on our shield... so I just kicked those ****ers and made the rat approach. His up close game is still terrifying, but it's manageable.

Sadly, Ftilt doesn't stop all the bull**** Rosalina throws out, so that's an entirely different uphill battle.
Troll tip for Rosalina:
1.) Put hydrant in between luma and rosalina
2.) Approach with pacman power
power while Rosalina desperately tries to withdraw luma to avoid getting rekt.
3.)Laugh as the luma gets stuck trying to get past the hydrant
4.) Wreck Rosalina until hydrant disappears
5.) Repeat
6.)?????
7.) Profit

Paper Maribro

Smash Ace
Troll tip for Rosalina:
1.) Put hydrant in between luma and rosalina
2.) Approach with pacman power
power while Rosalina desperately tries to withdraw luma to avoid getting rekt.
3.)Laugh as the luma gets stuck trying to get past the hydrant
4.) Wreck Rosalina until hydrant disappears
5.) Repeat
6.)?????
7.) Profit
Not perfect strat man, some R&L players have cottoned on to this and wont use Luma Shot at all. Makes approaching nigh on impossible.

dragontamer

Smash Ace
NNID
dragontamer5788
@everyone

I'm gonna have to post a video of these match ups soon. Also I've tried the melon into dashing for it while they block.
No, you grab them on block. You dash-attack if they catch. You gotta react to what they are doing. Dash-attack is extremely unsafe as you've learned. Only use it if you're confident that they're catching the melon each time.

If you're not confident in what they're gonna do, use short-hop fair to poke them. 6% dmg to annoy them, and GTFO of their range. Use the poke to figure out what their strategy is, and remember what they did for the next time you use a melon.

If short-hop fair is actually connecting, try to react into fair-fair-tilt if they're at like 50%. Otherwise, GTFO and DI away from them so that you don't get grabbed / punished by their tilts.

If you space it right (its a bit difficult), short-hop fair is extremely safe, especially when they're defending from a melon.

Last edited:

Firedemon0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firedemon0
3DS FC
1134-8459-4639
@everyone

I'm gonna have to post a video of these match ups soon. Also I've tried the melon into dashing for it while they block. on the first chomp or 2nd chomp they are able to grab from it. I don't think its as safe as people think it is when it comes to the smarter players. I tried up B, rolling, jumping and nothing I just get grab out of it. also bowser been doing this thing where If I'm close to the edge and i'm blocking him he grabs you and commits suicide with you both, but since you're at the bottom you die first ending the game immediately.
You can influence the direction Bowser's grab goes at lower percents. It also is a command grab. You cannot block the side B. Better options offstage when you know there is a risk of a sucide grab, is jumping above and hydrant, a fruit throw or baiting the grab, then following up with an attack. Bowser is much better then his previous incarnations, but he is not unbeatable.

If you are getting shield grabbed repeatedly, you need to consider where you are located when the attack comes out. Dash attack is very unsafe on shield, it is better as a follow up or roll punish. When you chase melon, you are forcing them to decide between 3 options. Roll around the melon or spot dodge, and you can punish them with a dash attack. Shield the attack, not allowing them to avoid a grab. Or jump the attack, allowing you to get an aerial attack in.

Lord Cruxis

Smash Cadet
No, you grab them on block. You dash-attack if they catch. You gotta react to what they are doing.

If you're not confident in what they're gonna do, use short-hop fair to poke them. 6% dmg to annoy them, and GTFO of their range. Use the poke to figure out what their strategy is, and remember what they did for the next time you use a melon.

If short-hop fair is actually connecting, try to react into fair-fair-tilt if they're at like 50%. Otherwise, GTFO and DI away from them so that you don't get grabbed / punished by their tilts.

If you space it right (its a bit difficult), short-hop fair is extremely safe, especially when they're defending from a melon.
I've completely forgot we can short hop and double jump.....Gonna try this. thanks

Top Bottom