• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pac NORTHWEST: WA - OR - BC - ID [social]

StokeTheForge

Smash Cadet
Stoke it looks like you have more people on the north side, if we can't manage a centralized area, I'm ok with someone up north Hosting.

Until Dewey gets things settled, we can try another host for the time being.
Well, I'd be fine with that, but my point was more that we have a very evenly(?) spread listing north to south, and that we should try to make a more central location as opposed to making it a chore for south-of-the-lake smashers to come to tournaments.

Not that I'm trying to get out of hosting duties, but I don't want the south half of Seattle to be forced to come so far every time. Maybe if it's just a few times, though.

X-FACTOR

Smash Journeyman
Yea, I get you. : )

For now, I'm thinking we should at least just get one smashfest going regardless, So we can put names to faces, meet up in person, and discuss future gatherings for the group/crew.

It will give us an idea where the smash 4 scene is and hopefully start to grow it, and possibly find other crews/groups to compete/merge with.

AnDrOiiD

Smash Rookie
Totally down for driving a bit up north for some weekend smash. Preferably a Sunday sesh or late night Saturday sesh. I live in the middle of both south smashers and northern smashers. 30 mins south I'm in Olympia and 30 north I'm in the Lynnwood area. Haven't played much 4 on the account of I don't have a Wii U but I play melee and PM mostly

StokeTheForge

Smash Cadet
Totally down for driving a bit up north for some weekend smash... I haven't played much 4 on the account of I don't have a Wii U but I play melee and PM mostly
Same here. I've played some Smash 4 and loved it, but I can't claim to own a Wii U. I have a setup for PM and Melee with some faulty controllers, and would be up for playing any/all of them, if someone were to bring a Wii U setup.

Last edited:

StokeTheForge

Smash Cadet
If anyone wants to play this weekend, just PM me and well exchange information.

I don't mind traveling near or far.

Btw I don't own a WiiU, hahaha
I'd love to, but unfortunately I'm out for the next two weekends on separate camping trips. Any time after that I'm ready.

D

Deleted member

Alright guys, I have the house to myself tomorrow night. The whole reason I can't host anything right now is I'm getting married next weekend and that means life is crazy. But this weekend, my fiancé is on her bachelorette trip. Anyways, its late notice, but anyone who wants to come should come. I have a Wii U and two tvs. Plenty of room for probably up to 12 people to play and hang out comfortably. We would just need additional set ups and whatnot. Also, if anyone wants to have a tournament, we could probably do a 5 dollar tournament if we get at least eight people, or even less. Let me know on here if you're interested and we can exchange details. I don't know exactly what time yet on saturday, as I'm helping my sister move early that morning, so whenever we are done with that I'll be available. Thinking sometime in the mid to late afternoon.

Last edited by a moderator:

StokeTheForge

Smash Cadet
Alright guys, I have the house to myself tomorrow night. The whole reason I can't host anything right now is I'm getting married next weekend and that means life is crazy. But this weekend, my fiancé is on her bachelorette trip. Anyways, its late notice, but anyone who wants to come should come. I have a Wii U and two tvs. Plenty of room for probably up to 12 people to play and hang out comfortably. We would just need additional set ups and whatnot. Also, if anyone wants to have a tournament, we could probably do a 5 dollar tournament if we get at least eight people, or even less. Let me know on here if you're interested and we can exchange details. I don't know exactly what time yet on saturday, as I'm helping my sister move early that morning, so whenever we are done with that I'll be available. Thinking sometime in the mid to late afternoon.
The one time I can't be there... f**k.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

awesome x. Alright guys don't be shy, we need more people! The more the merrier. This will be the last time I'm able to host for a few weeks. Also, if you have any friends, let them know.

D

Deleted member

Wish I would have gone to Smashnest. Having said that, X-Factor, his friend and I had a great time playing some friendly sets for a few hours. Thanks again X, it was cool meeting you and "NoHandle," you guys were good guests. I'll be able to host something maybe once a month, but we need everyone on board if this thing is gonna get rolling. If someone down south hosts and me or someone else hosts up north once a month, we could easily do a biweekly smash fest. I'll be able to host again sometime after the eleventh of next month, when I'm back from my honeymoon and whatnot. Hopefully between now and then, everyone (besides me) can get together and throw down!

X-FACTOR

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts to Dewey for being a great AMAZING Host! Had a blast and learned a lot as well, GG, I look forward to more smash fest. Really appreciate you being one of the first to host a sessions at your place and potential future ones, as its great news for the community. That means a lot to us and mad props/respect.

As for hosting, I think I'll be able to host down at my place for a southern location, and "NoHandle" is up to host as he's located up north near Kenmore.

We'll have 3 places to rotate between and I encourage more people in the WA scene to host so that we have more options and will accommodate everyone commute. Again, I encourage smashers to get into contact with other smashers in there respected area to establish carpooling to come out to the smash-fest that are going to be hosted.

Also, GAMECLUCKS is doing there Monday night smash session tomorrow. I'll be heading out to it with a couple of guys I play with and possibly Dewey as well. Feel free to come out and join us to get some game/practice in. Would love to meet more people in the WA Smash 4 scene.

Last edited:

Zodiacx10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zodiacx10
hey, how are you guys doing? Anyone around the Silverdale/Kitsap county area? Who is the closest that hosts events?

D

Deleted member

hey, how are you guys doing? Anyone around the Silverdale/Kitsap county area? Who is the closest that hosts events?
Right now, it looks like I'm hosting in south everett/mill creek, x-factor in Tukwila, and another smasher in kenmore. More details to come on when the next one would be, we just got to get people to commit to coming out. I know I'll be out of hosting for probably the next month though. If you can, get out to gameclucks tonight though, we will be there.

StokeTheForge

Smash Cadet
Shoutouts to Dewey for being a great AMAZING Host! Had a blast and learned a lot as well, GG, I look forward to more smash fest. Really appreciate you being one of the first to host a sessions at your place and potential future ones, as its great news for the community. That means a lot to us and mad props/respect.

As for hosting, I think I'll be able to host down at my place for a southern location, and "NoHandle" is up to host as he's located up north near Kenmore.

We'll have 3 places to rotate between and I encourage more people in the WA scene to host so that we have more options and will accommodate everyone commute. Again, I encourage smashers to get into contact with other smashers in there respected area to establish carpooling to come out to the smash-fest that are going to be hosted.
"NoHandle" (maybe the John Doe of the WA Smash community) needs to make an account. Also, since it's likely that he lives in my vicinity, could you put me in contact with him?

D

Deleted member

A little late, but shout outs to X-Factor, NoHandle, Alex, Nik, Watson, and anyone else who played a friendly or 50 with us at Gameclucks on Monday! A good time as always, I got bodied but I know what to practice now, I'll be coming back stronger! Just because this is a social thread, I want people to know who we play with. Here's a small list of some of our mains and secondaries. Keep in mind, we play a ton of other characters during friendlies, these are just our go-tos..

X-Factor - Main: Diddy. Secondary: "A bad, horrible bottom-tier" Little Mac
Nik - Main: Ness. Secondary: ZSS, Rosalina & Luma
Dewey - Main: Pikachu. Secondary: Toon Link, gonna learn Yoshi
Alex - Main : Ness & Zelda
Watson - Main: Bowser. Secondary: Captain Falcon
NoHandle - Main: Diddy. Secondary: ....I don't know, dude plays everyone!

Anyways guys, the smash 4 scene is here! Just gotta be willing to drive a bit and get together with us and others. We're having a blast, we want everyone to join in.

AnDrOiiD

Smash Rookie
What about Project M? Do all of you guys play it and how about trying to setup friendlies/ tourneys for it. Or is everyone focused mainly on smash 4?

D

Deleted member

What about Project M? Do all of you guys play it and how about trying to setup friendlies/ tourneys for it. Or is everyone focused mainly on smash 4?
Gameclucks, man. They play there every monday, mostly Project M. If you come and meet people, they'll let you know where the tournaments are. We are off in the corner getting our Sm4sh in. I don't play Project M (yet) but I know some of the others are into it.

JNET

Smash Cadet
NNID
Traeks
Tomorrow evening is good for me, I'll PM you my number, when we figure out a exact time.
I *think* tomorrow is fully open. Checking schedule with wife since I'm bad with all that. If it is, anyone is welcome to come down though as previously stated I'm Oly area. Bout an hour from Seattle.

*Edit* so I don't double post:
Ya everything checks out good. Just let me know whats up.

Last edited:

JNET

Smash Cadet
NNID
Traeks
I really haven't played PM, but I'd like to honestly. I'm on the fence. I played a lot of Melee though, bit rusty, trying to get back into it.

ChromaKey

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0619-3648-0598
I've been working up in the Lynnwood area for like two years and I never knew about Gameclucks until now...? Jeeze! Hope to see some of y'all there next time. } :3

T0MMY

Smash Master
I'll be there on sundays since I mainly play Smash Wii U now :^)

A Melee tourney in Washington was posted, so thought I'd share the link: ePG Monthly

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'll be there on sundays since I mainly play Smash Wii U now :^)

A Melee tourney in Washington was posted, so thought I'd share the link: ePG Monthly
I should also bring up, EPG has weekly tournaments at their training house, with sm4sh being biweekly, rotating with melee, and After sm4sh\melee they always have P:M.

Also, greetings from Jamaica! On my honeymoon, been practicing sm4sh on 3ds, not quite the same but I couldn't get away with bringing my Wii u ;) Can't wait to get back to the states and throw down! When I do, imma host something and I want ALL OF YOU to be there. We gotta get more action in this thread, we need this scene to grow!

AnDrOiiD

Smash Rookie
Definitely will be at Elixirs for the tourney. Will be great to finally play some real people instead of level 9 cpu's. Pretty odd it's happening on a Thursday.

Top Bottom