• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

Hong

The Strongest
Here is the first page as well if anyone wanted it:

Edit - And the second page as well, since it's bigger than the one @ Hank Hill Hank Hill posted.

Edit - I love this one:

No ****s were given that day.

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Guys, I noticed something about Pac-Man.
In his reveal trailer, at 1:06, if you set the video to .25 speed, you can see something. A little bit after Pac-Man finishes eating the dots using his side special and is heading forward, he starts to tilt upwards a little bit and go up. However, the scene changes then, so we don't get to see more of it.

What could this mean? Can you slightly angle his side special even after he gets off the Pac-Dot line?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Lookie what I found!

Official art that depicts expressions and hobbies of Pac-Man that I hadn't seen before.

So I asked a friend (thanks @shrooby) to clean it up, and...

Tada!

It's not perfect, but it's much more than we had before. Feel free to try your hand at editing it more if you'd like.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Nice find. I would really like to see Namco explore some of these scenarios to flesh out the character. At the moment, he's still a bit closer to "Hello Kitty-style brand logo" than "mascot with a fleshed out character and world". But games like Pac-Man Monsters seem to be an attempt to reverse that trend.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Just saw this Pic of the Day:

"In these battles, multiple opponents appear in one stage, and you clear the battle by defeating a number of them. The rest area that appears between battles displays the next opponents and the year the characters made their first appearances, and it also holds recovery items and an occasional reward. The characters you fight against appear pretty much in chronological order. Behold, the history of Nintendo games!!"

I demand an unlockable "True All-Star Mode" that goes in reverse order. I like you Greninja, but there's no way anyone in their right might can have both Mr. Nintendo and the Grandfather of Video Games in Smash Bros and not have them be the Final Boss of All-Star Mode, especially when Namco is developing the game.

Last edited:

silvR1995

Smash Journeyman
NNID
silvRboLt1995
3DS FC
0834-0571-4339
Just saw this Pic of the Day:

"In these battles, multiple opponents appear in one stage, and you clear the battle by defeating a number of them. The rest area that appears between battles displays the next opponents and the year the characters made their first appearances, and it also holds recovery items and an occasional reward. The characters you fight against appear pretty much in chronological order. Behold, the history of Nintendo games!!"

I DEMAND an unlockable "True All-Star Mode" that goes in reverse order. I like you Greninja, but there's no way anyone in their right might can have both Mr. Nintendo and the Grandfather of Video Games in Smash Bros and NOT have them be the Final Boss of All-Star Mode, especially when Namco is developing the game.
Ask, and you shall receive! Possibly...

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Lots of details from NintendoEverything:
http://nintendoeverything.com/lots-of-super-smash-bros-for-3d...

• This is from a demo event in Japan
  • Someone provided some impressions
  • Peach's butt bomb is a lot stronger
  • Link has a red costume with markings underneath his eyes
  • Toon Link has the four swords colors and the old style Link color
  • There is no Outset Island Toon Link
  • Pac-Man is slow
  • Zelda has a white costume
  • Chrom appears in Robin's victory pose
  • Nintendo was very strict about pictures and video at the event
  • Olimar has an Alph alt
  • Fox has a Wolf palette swap
  • Glasses Pikachu confirmed
  • Fierce Deity Link confirmed
  • These other colors and costumes are rumored at the moment
  • Fire Peach is a Peach alt
  • Black and purple Yoshis confirmed
  • Palutena has a Viridi color scheme
  • Dark Meta Knight and Galacta Knight are Meta Knight alts
  • Shiny Charizard is an Charziard alt
  • Pac-Man can wear accessories
http://nintendoeverything.com/lots-of-super-smash-bros-for-3d...

I'll be posting this information on threads that contain the characters mentioned and on the social thread. You can read in better detail by clicking on the link.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
LOL he actually looks pretty fast. Ahh, i was about to be slightly dissapointed for a minute there. Im fine with the floatiness though. I was a G&W, R.O.B. and Olimar main. With the increase in combos in this game, being floaty should help. Especially with all the ground based fighters this time around (little mac, shulk, improved pit...)

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Exactly. I don't have a problem with slow and floaty. People seem to think being slow is a bad thing and the only good characters are the fast ones, but most of my favorites are Bowser, Game & Watch, Dedede, and Wolf. Pac-Man sounds like he's aiming to fit right alongside those guys, and that honestly makes me even more excited to play as him!

I just want to know more about his Bonus Fruit move and his costumes. I need to know these things!

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Exactly. I don't have a problem with slow and floaty. People seem to think being slow is a bad thing and the only good characters are the fast ones, but most of my favorites are Bowser, Game & Watch, Dedede, and Wolf. Pac-Man sounds like he's aiming to fit right alongside those guys, and that honestly makes me even more excited to play as him!

I just want to know more about his Bonus Fruit move and his costumes. I need to know these things!
Yeah, captain falcon is fast AND falls fast, but he won't ever be a top notch character.
its strange that no one wants to talk about his best moves; his specials

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Yeah, its strange that no one wants to talk about his best moves; his specials
I know! No one has even confirmed if he can hold a Bonus Fruit charge or what other fruits are involved. The most I've heard so far is "he selects fruit randomly," which isn't even true because Sakurai himself said it was a set order.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I know! No one has even confirmed if he can hold a Bonus Fruit charge or what other fruits are involved. The most I've heard so far is "he selects fruit randomly," which isn't even true because Sakurai himself said it was a set order.
The person playing was too busy drooling over robin :p.
Apparently he was focused on using pacman's aerials because of how disjointed they are. I mean, disjointed moves are awesome (see snake) but I want to know about the moves that make him unique.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
The person playing was too busy drooling over robin :p.
Apparently he was focused on using pacman's aerials because of how disjointed they are. I mean, disjointed moves are awesome (see snake) but I want to know about the moves that make him unique.
That and I need to know what different costumes/palette swaps he has. People have been very vague about it because I don't think they know Pac-Man's history. Someone mentioned one of his outfits had him wearing socks??? That doesn't make any sense. I just want him to wear the Pac-Land hat!

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
That and I need to know what different costumes/palette swaps he has. People have been very vague about it because I don't think they know Pac-Man's history. Someone mentioned one of his outfits had him wearing socks??? That doesn't make any sense. I just want him to wear the Pac-Land hat!
Link?

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Sorry for not being specific, but I think it was somewhere in this thread by Zipzo. Regardless of where it was, what I said up there was pretty much all that was said by the people who played it. In other words, nothing specific except "Pac-Man's color doesn't change, only his boots and gloves."

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Sorry for not being specific, but I think it was somewhere in this thread by Zipzo. Regardless of where it was, what I said up there was pretty much all that was said by the people who played it. In other words, nothing specific except "Pac-Man's color doesn't change, only his boots and gloves."
I was talking about the socks, actually. Didn't hear that one, despite reading all of the info Zipzo said.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I'm surprised, but not deterred, by Pac-Man's supposed slow and floaty composition. I expected Pac-Man to be on the fast side of the cast, as I thought they'd go for a "hit and run" sort of playstyle in which he'd be easily maneuverable, able to make quick escapes and ambush attacks, like in the gameplay of the maze games. A slow and floaty Pac-Man is still Pac-Man, though, and I can see why they would've gone that route as well. And he can certainly be just fine, tourney-wise, with these statistics. It's rare, but not unheard of, for slower characters to place high on the tier list.

Very disappointed that he doesn't change color, though. I was probably one of the few regulars here who wanted him to actually change color instead of wearing accessories. I don't like what they've done with characters like Pikachu and Sonic (characters I often use) at all, and wish they'd have actual color changes as well. That alternate with the socks has me intrigued, though.

A Cylindria-themed alt, perhaps?

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I was talking about the socks, actually. Didn't hear that one, despite reading all of the info Zipzo said.
Found it. It's on the first page of the Zipzo thread.

"His air falling speed is slow. He falls like there is no gravity, I kid you not. His alternate costumes consisted of only changes to his gloves and shoes. There was one extra costume where he is given socks that cover his legs."

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Lookie what I found!

Official art that depicts expressions and hobbies of Pac-Man that I hadn't seen before.

So I asked a friend (thanks @shrooby) to clean it up, and...

Tada!

It's not perfect, but it's much more than we had before. Feel free to try your hand at editing it more if you'd like.
Oh man, I thought I wouldn't love this version of Pac-Man more than I do now, but this just takes the cake.

I can truly see the inspirations behind his charm in this game. Really sad how they don't keep to this today though because Ghostly Adventures.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
Ok, so Zipzo just confirmed in his Twitch stream that Pac-Man only has recolors which change his gloves and boots (so I assume his body remains the same?) plus one additional one where he has socks on (I think he said brown ones). So apparently no accesory ones or Ms. Pac-Man one.

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Right, but I'm hoping he's wrong and just didn't pay attention. I can understand SOME of the alt colors being just glove and boot color changes, but to reference Pac-Land so much and not give him the hat? That's madness!

Top Bottom