• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[P:M] waygu's Weeklies

waygu

Smash Lord
Hey guys!
I'm really trying to get some regular competitive wifi action for P:M going here on smashboards!
I will do my absolute best to host multiple events per week so watch this thread for updates!
Since there will be multiple events per week we can do things like doubles or all-star style matches for fun as well.

THIS POST CONTAINS UPCOMING EVENTS, RULESET, STAGE LIST AND MATCH PROCEDURE
THE POST BELOW IS THE FAQ THAT CONTAINS HOW TO STRIKE, HOW TO REGISTER AND HOW TO CHECK IN / COMMUNICATE DURING
PRESS CTRL+F AND SEARCH ANY OF THE BOLDED TERMS TO FIND THEM FASTER

* UPCOMING EVENTS *
FRIDAY - DOUBLES @ 7 PM CENTRAL / 8 PM EASTERN
SATURDAY - SINGLES @ 7 PM CENTRAL / 8 PM EASTERN

registration closes when the event starts, disqualified if not checked in 15 minutes after start time

If under 15 people, it will be Double-Elimination
If over 15 people, it will be Single-Elimination
Link to Mibbit #lagfi
Link to Challonge Bracket

RULESET
  • 4 stock, 8 Minute Stock Timer​
  • Items are set to "off" and "none"​
  • 2/3 for bracket/pools, 3/5 for semi/grand finals​
  • You cannot counterpick to a stage you won on unless agreed upon.​
  • Any controller malfunction mid match is on you. If you need to reset, your opponent will have to agree to a reset.​
  • If a player goes idle during the match mid game (accidentally or intentionally) it will be a stock loss, if more than 1 minute it is a game loss.​
  • Stalling is banned. You know what this is, ask if you're unsure.​
  • Giga Bowser is banned.​
  • Any abuse of glitches/glitching will result in disqualification.​
  • If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.​
  • Sudden death is not to be played. In event of a tie, play a game with 1 stock, same map, same characters.​
  • Suicide kills always go to the initiator.​

STAGE LIST
Starters: Green Hill Zone, Pokemon Stadium 2, Battlefield, Smashville, Dreamland
STRIKE: 1-2-1
Counterpicks: Bottom 2 rows of Page 1
Lyat Cruise, Yoshi's Island, Warioware, Final Destination, Norfair, Foutain Of Dreams, Skyworld, Yoshi's Story, Distant Planet
STRIKE: WINNER STRIKES 3
MATCH PROCEDURE
  • Players start their set by choosing Mr. Game and Watch and a random stage. Both players are to use his Side B, the player who gets the higher number gets to choose who strikes first.​
  • Players select their characters, the first round is Double Blind, meaning neither player knows what character the other chose.​
  • Players take turns removing stages from the Starter list above. The first player to strike removes one(1) stage from the list, the second player removes two(2), the first player removes one(1) final stage, leaving one(1) stage that is to be played on.​
  • The players play the first match of the set​
  • Winning player of the preceding match bans three stages from the full list of stages, both Starter and CounterPick. Does not apply to Best of 5 sets.
  • The Losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match. Cannot choose the stage banned in the previous step, nor a stage they've already won on during this set, unless agreed.​
  • The winning player of the preceding match may change characters, tell your opponent your choice.​
  • The losing player of the preceding match may change characters, tell your opponent your choice.​
  • The next match is played​
  • Repeat Steps 5 through 9 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.​
- Record your matches in case of dispute.
This is so in case of a disagreement I can see the evidence/truth of the situation.
- TO's hold the right to disqualify entrants for misconduct.
ATTENTION STREAMERS
i am looking for someone to stream finals!
please message me if this interests you

Last edited:

waygu

Smash Lord
FAQ

HOW TO STRIKE
Stages in YELLOW are STARTERS.
1st person strikes 1 stage
2nd person strikes 2 stages
1st person strikes 1 of the 2 remaining stages.
The stage left is to be played for match 1.

All stages above are COUNTER PICKS
The winner of the previous match announces 3 stages to strike after completing it.
UNLESS YOU'RE IN A BEST OF 5, WHERE THERE IS NO STRIKES ON COUNTER PICKS
REMEMBER YOU CAN'T RETURN TO A STAGE YOU PREVIOUS WON ON UNLESS YOUR OPPONENT AGREES TO IT!
After the winner announces their strikes, they announce their character choice.
The other player then announces their character choice, then their stage choice.
This is to be repeated until the set is completed.
HOW TO REGISTER:
message me with Subject "Registration"
- Friend code, in game tag
- Date/time of the event you're signing up for
HOW TO CHECK IN/COMMUNICATE DURING
Everyone goes to the Mibbit channel to check in, any announcements will come through the main channel or questions for me can go there.
When you're about to play and need to talk to your opponent, click their name and PM them. You follow the match procedure and communicate bans and character switches there.

*You do not have to pick within the 1:15 time before the next round starts and any round in between in not to be saved or counted in bracket.*
It is advised to either stay G&W after the Hammer for bans or leave the lobby after getting your G&W number to keep the first round double blind

After the match contact me with the results of your match. In the future I will require a formal report of the matches but now its rushed so just tell me who won and the game score. Always make yourself the first number when reporting. (2-0, 2-1, 1-2, 0-2)

Last edited:

waygu

Smash Lord
SCHEDULE

PREVIOUS BRACKET ARCHIVE
3/28 evening singles participants
waygu/waygu
5117 0115 0604

qwertz143/GAARA
4988 1630 0134

Poloflipx/Polo
4167 8658 7410

SpammerBob/?
1552 1892 4087

GmJn/GmJn
1509 2391 3075

Micheal!/Mich
4253 3992 3529

marckenson/Marck
1850 8838 9181

ZombieKnight/ZOMB
5288 8106 7926
3/29 evening singles participants
waygu/waygu
5117 0115 0604

GmJn/GmJn
1509 2391 3075

RipxWizho/RipxW
2797 7295 1072

BoomBoxEMusic/Vic
1681 0382 5267

trati/?
2107 9371 5686

mamakrama/?
0603 0607 4007

MonkeyArms
1763 7859 3028

SuperMario1
3654 8228 4015

un.dead/ム
0650 2459 4046

"razz"
0820 0194 3049

hax$
1593 3522 2828

ian
3828 5216 3375
4/1 evening DOUBLES participants

waygu & ripxwizho
5117 0115 0604 / 2797 7295 1072

marckenson & cortx
1850 8838 9181 / 0989 8966 8881

Jeffsmov & Supermario1
1337 4407 9851 / 3654 8228 4015

GmJn & Un.dead
1509 2391 3075 / 0650 2459 4046

Goku & Giga
4644 5651 1344 (split screen)

Trati & Razell
2107 9371 5686 / 0820 0194 3049

Mattchu & Rob
4084 8961 7331 (split screen)

4/2 singles
jeffs
razell
trati
ripxwizho
waygu
royal-x
poetic monkey
4/5 singles
polo
trati
royal-x
mattchu
undead
marckenson
supermario1
waygu

Last edited:

waygu

Smash Lord
So do all of us go to that chat room you have a link to?
Yes sir - i was just readying the mass message to everyone.
Everyone goes to the chat, any announcements will come through the main channel or questions for me can go there.
When you're about to play and need to talk to your opponent, click their name and PM them. You follow the match procedure and communicate bans and character switches there. You do not have to pick within the 1:15 time before the next round starts and any round in between in not to be saved or counted in bracket.

After the match contact me with the results of your match. In the future I will require a formal report of the matches but tonight is rushed so just tell me who won and the game score. Always make yourself the first number when reporting. (2-0, 2-1, 1-2, 0-2)

Last edited:

waygu

Smash Lord
the first event went very smooth! i really like the format we have, it was very easy for everyone including a first-timer which makes me very optimistic!

results are here - http://challonge.com/wayguweekly328
congrats @Poloflipx @ GmJn GmJn and @ Z ZombieKnight !

tomorrow morning's tournament could definitely use some more entrants - we only have 2 maybes currently,
while tomorrow night's has none so far.

i will update this thread tomorrow closer to the time of the events.

waygu

Smash Lord
hey I can't make it this weekend
do you think you could message whenever these weeklies happen?
i'll try to figure something out that balances me not harassing people/having to slowly mass message via smashboards and trying to keep you guys updated. thanks for the suggestion

waygu

Smash Lord
Due to lack of participants the 12PM event is cancelled. I'll be at my grandma's today so I wont be advertising much but I would really like the 6PM to get a few entrants!

qwertz143

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
QWER#215
Switch FC
3943-7485-4011
Due to lack of participants the 12PM event is cancelled. I'll be at my grandma's today so I wont be advertising much but I would really like the 6PM to get a few entrants!
Oh **** its cancelled :o ****, I just read this.. I was about to stay up late for this tourney :p
well I won't be able to play the third event either, as I'll have college.
hmm and I won't be able participate in next week's tourney either, as i'll be cosplaying... :/
I guess I'll join your tournament the week after that :kirby:

waygu

Smash Lord
Oh **** its cancelled :o ****, I just read this.. I was about to stay up late for this tourney :p
well I won't be able to play the third event either, as I'll have college.
hmm and I won't be able participate in next week's tourney either, as i'll be cosplaying... :/
I guess I'll join your tournament the week after that :kirby:
I will try to have an event ealier on a weekend so you can participate!

waygu

Smash Lord
How laggy is this BTW? All the other wifi matches I have done are pretty laggy.
It is going to dependent on both the players download and upload speeds as well as server traffic. Around 6pm is when the lag is pretty calm based on my experience and was a good part of my decision to have it then.

waygu

Smash Lord
Tonight's tournament was even better than yesterday's!

A lot of good competition and good matches, but two players specifically were on a tear the whole time, they were
@trati and @ U un.dead who took 1st and 2nd respectively. 3rd place was taken by 'hax$', a falcon/marth player without a smashboards account.
*Link to Bracket*

Thank you EVERYONE that came out this weekend, it was awesome to host and despite being slightly stressful and losing in my own tournaments it was totally worth it. I hope everyone enjoyed it and that things went well. Any feedback by participants is welcomed.

THE NEXT TOURNAMENT IS NOT SCHEDULED YET!
HELP ME PICK A TIME AND DATE!
these tournaments are for you guys so please tell me what times work for you so you can all enter!

ssbMars

Fox only 420XX Blaze it
I'll be following this thread to see about the next tourney.

I have a capture card and in theory I could stream for you whenever I'm attending.
You can check my YouTube account to judge whether you think the quality of my capture card is suitable for your tourney.
youtube.com/user/SacTappingUnicorn

waygu

Smash Lord
two announcements!
the first is that the next tournament is planned for
April 1st (4/01) at 6pm central/7pm easternI WOULD LIKE THIS TO BE A DOUBLES TOURNAMENT!
You can bring your own team mate or sign up solo and get matched up with another entrant!
Everyone is invited to take part in this, 2v2s are hard to get going on wifi, I want some action!

If the number of teams entered is too low I will be hosting singles that night instead - keep posted for info.registration closes at 5:45 c/6:45 e (15 minutes before start time)
check in by 6:15 c/7:15 e (15 minutes after start time)
FAILURE TO CHECK IN BY 6:15 RESULTS IN DISQUALIFICATION
I'M SORRY BUT IT NEEDS TO HAPPEN SO I CAN FINALIZE BRACKET AND GET STARTED

information for registration and ruleset can be found above, message me with questions

the second piece of news is our good friend @ GmJn GmJn uploaded last night's Grand Finals!

@trati (Snake) vs @ U un.dead (Falco, Samus, Pikachu)
this set can be viewed in 720HD!

trati shows off his cold hearted snake while un.dead shows off his character depth
these games were close and and i plan to analyze them to git gud

do you think you have what it takes to get to the finals and have gmjn upload your winning set and have bragging rights for the week?

there will also be singles this weekend at least 1 time, keep your eyes peeled for time
please send me feedback on when to host!!
i need to know when you guys are available!

thank you everyone, i will catch you later

Last edited:

un.dead

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Project M code ⬆
3DS FC
0650-2459-4046
Edit: NEVERMIND, LOOKS LIKE I'M TEAMING WITH GMJN.
#WE GOT THIS

Last edited:

Mean Green

Smash Lord
@ U un.dead or @ GmJn GmJn maybe... if one of you guys can't find somebody by wednesday then hmu.
And wow lol. Looking at the video above makes me wonder if my Dorf can still handle trati. Probably not though, I seem to get worse every time I play against Flash

Last edited:

GmJn

Smash Ace
Oh I also have and will upload some of my matches, so check out what I have if you guys have time, and I should have a lot up by tomorrow.

Top Bottom