• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[P:M] waygu's Weeklies

waygu

Smash Lord
i understand dude. what you can do is port forward your wii in your router to get a better connection.
i am no pro but if you look up how to do it you will find guides. once i do it myself i can help more

GmJn

Smash Ace
Okay my friendlies with undead are up. Keep in mind undead won alot of matches against me that I didn't get in the vid for sake of upload size. I just uploaded the most even ones.

waygu

Smash Lord
bleh your tournament timings are too early for me :p
hmm, it is a very hard time to balance for each other, my night is your morning x____x
the time i have been starting/finishing so far has worked very well for american timezone thus far but i will have to figure out a day where i have a early one so you only have to stay up till 11pm or so

ssbMars

Fox only 420XX Blaze it
With the mention of connection speeds, I'm curious if a wired connection will have any impact on lag? I'd assume it will have at
least as good of an effect as port forwarding. I'm planning on buying an Ethernet adaptater for my Wii.

waygu

Smash Lord
With the mention of connection speeds, I'm curious if a wired connection will have any impact on lag? I'd assume it will have at
least as good of an effect as port forwarding. I'm planning on buying an Ethernet adaptater for my Wii.
i didnt have the money for it and my router is 2 levels away or i'd of done the same lol

waygu

Smash Lord
the doubles tournament has come to a close!
it was our best tournament in my opinion, everything down to the seeding was done well and the matches were all pretty damn close.
i am DEFINITELY doing doubles again some time

Supreme Champion: @ GmJn GmJn & @ U un.dead
Worthy Adversary: @trati & Razell
Maybe Next Time: Goku & Giga

Mean Green

Smash Lord
GmJn and undead teamed up and managed to beat trati with razell huh? Where the hell were these guys when Flash and I were a god team and needed more ass to kick

un.dead

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Project M code ⬆
3DS FC
0650-2459-4046
Whoever comes across this page and also plays on wifi, you should sign up. The tournament yesterday was awesome.

waygu

Smash Lord
Anyone watching this thread: give me input on tournament start times this weekend. Also anyone that's attended 1 or more of these tell me what I can improve for the experience as a entrant.

Royal-X

Smash Ace
How about 7/6c? Everyone is usually starting to get on around that time and even the people on the West Coast are usually free. also can we get a new starter stage list? something about 3 battlefield-ish stages as starters irks me. . .

waygu

Smash Lord
How about 7/6c? Everyone is usually starting to get on around that time and even the people on the West Coast are usually free. also can we get a new starter stage list? something about 3 battlefield-ish stages as starters irks me. . .
That's when I currently do them :D I got the nail on the head i guess. You guys can suggest stage list changes here too

Royal-X

Smash Ace
That's when I currently do them :D I got the nail on the head i guess. You guys can suggest stage list changes here too
Well that solves that~
Also for a stage list I'd recommend this.​
Starters: BF, PS2, SV, GHZ, YS
Counter Picks: FD, FoD, WW, DL, YI​

waygu

Smash Lord
(we need to figure out what characters are messed up on your wii and if that's going to impede the tournament if you enter @ 123123sora 123123sora )
i usually advertise more in the wifi thread than here but since i forgot to post it......

SINGLES BRACKET TONIGHT @ 7 CENTRAL / 8 EASTERN (in 2 1/2 hours)

123123sora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6256-4188
(we need to figure out what characters are messed up on your wii and if that's going to impede the tournament if you enter @ 123123sora 123123sora )
i usually advertise more in the wifi thread than here but since i forgot to post it......

SINGLES BRACKET TONIGHT @ 7 CENTRAL / 8 EASTERN (in 2 1/2 hours)
ok well can you face me real quick as the purple P;M marth? I think i fixed my problem with him. Not Pikachu though. :u

waygu

Smash Lord
ok well can you face me real quick as the purple P;M marth? I think i fixed my problem with him. Not Pikachu though. :u
i can in a little while. i have to also think over if that's fair to other contestants or not

waygu

Smash Lord
yeah its only 1-2 more matches. come hop in chat - people will play for sure dude.
im hosting tomorrow same time if you can make that

ssbMars

Fox only 420XX Blaze it
If you face me in PM, do NOT play Pikachu because it will make my game stop working.
I've had this problem with both Ike and Falco on separate occasions. I believe it was caused by installing the WiFi add-on multiple times (or maybe any other add-on). Open your SD card, go to "projectm/pf/fighter" and try to delete pikachu. If it gives you an issue, open the run command and type "chkdsk <sdcard path>:/f/v". For me it looks like "chkdsk E:/f/v". It should give some mumbo jumbo about files; just say yes.

If you have osx, I'm sorry.

Edit: I forgot to add that you also need to replace the files that were deleted.

Last edited:

Mikkelmann

Mentally Untouchable
Is this happening again today? Sorry about last time had some things that came up.

waygu

Smash Lord
4/4 - SINGLES @ 8PM CENTRAL / 9PM EASTERN
4/5 - DOUBLES @ 8PM CENTRAL / 9PM EASTERN
registration closes when the event starts, disqualified if not checked in 15 minutes after start time

@ Mikkelmann Mikkelmann its all good people drop every tourney, i learned to just have a strict cut off time lol

waygu

Smash Lord
@ S ssbMars i port forwarded - it was really easy and had a good pay off.

@ Mikkelmann Mikkelmann you're in dude. make sure to read over rules/procedure real quick and i'll catch you in 4 1/2 hrs dude

waygu

Smash Lord
forgot to post this yesterday but hopefully this will help get some people in for dubs....

LAST WEEKEND'S DUBS BRACKET
GRAND FINALS

@ GmJn GmJn & @ U un.dead vs @trati & @razell30

sheik & link v snake & luigi
sheik & metaknight v snake & snake

im gonna go over this with my teammate @RipxWizho later to copy gmjn and un.dead's stage control ;)

Last edited:

waygu

Smash Lord
in lieu of the outcome of tonight's tournaments i am implementing 2 additional rules to registration

1. i would like you to go to speedtest.net, do the test and send me the image link. i need to know if your connection is slow enough to cause an issue during tournament.
2. i am going to ask you to port forward your wii. instructions are here, it is pretty simple and makes the connection very noticeably better

and 1 rule added to normal rules​
  • if playing in a 1v1 tournament, sharing a console with another entrant is not allowed​

waygu

Smash Lord
ALSO TEAMS FOR TOMORROW SIGN UP ASAP
IF THERE IS LITTLE TO NO INTEREST IT WILL BE CANCELLED

waygu

Smash Lord
tonights grueling singles has finally come to an end

1st - gabpr
2nd - scracket
3rd - gmjn

thanks for playing and good night​

waygu

Smash Lord
1 entrant for dubs as of 11am. They're canceled with no plan of a replacement event tonight

waygu

Smash Lord
hey guys - sorry for the radio silence - lot of stuff happening in my personal life right now x_x

WE HAVE ACTION THIS WEEKEND!
FRIDAY - DOUBLES @ 7 PM CENTRAL / 8 PM EASTERN
SATURDAY - SINGLES @ 7 PM CENTRAL / 8 PM EASTERN
I HOPE THAT ALL OF THE REGULARS COME OUT TO MAKE THESE FUN <3

STAGE LIST CHANGE

by popular demand i tried to change the starters to be a better balance AND keep it simple

starters are outlined in yellow per usual
green hill zone, pokemon stadium 2, battlefield. smashville, dreamland
i think this is a better balance because
2 small, 2 medium, 1 big
2 with minimal, moving platforms, 2 with battlefield platforms, 1 with more fair platforms
2 small blastzones, 1 medium, 2 big

and its easy to remember placement-wise.
feed back is appreciated and encouraged!

123123sora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6256-4188
I've had this problem with both Ike and Falco on separate occasions. I believe it was caused by installing the WiFi add-on multiple times (or maybe any other add-on). Open your SD card, go to "projectm/pf/fighter" and try to delete pikachu. If it gives you an issue, open the run command and type "chkdsk <sdcard path>:/f/v". For me it looks like "chkdsk E:/f/v". It should give some mumbo jumbo about files; just say yes.

If you have osx, I'm sorry.

Edit: I forgot to add that you also need to replace the files that were deleted.
Thanks but it's a problem with my wii not being able to read dual layer discs correctly or something like that.

Idk if im going to even enter any of these tbh. orz

JeffsMov

Smash Journeyman
Thanks but it's a problem with my wii not being able to read dual layer discs correctly or something like that.

Idk if im going to even enter any of these tbh. orz
And what if you hack you wii and run and home-made PM's version with an usb loader? Just saying, that is what a friend do.

Top Bottom