• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Over-Representation VS Under-Representation

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
Before you blow me off as someone whining about under-representation or complaining about over-representation, hear me out(I mean, you can leave if you want, but whatever, it's your choice.) But, what I'm here for is to ask you guys: Which franchises do you think are being over or under-represented? And more importantly, why?

No franchise is over-represented. Every bit of content we have is fantastic and well made. The clones are just free options and everyone loves having more options.

DK is underreped for sure. not AT. Jungle stages only. Only items are from the arcade. We need something. Preferrably someone with hair on their head.

TLDR no one is overrepped. DK is underrepped.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
If we pretend overepping exists, its under- counterpart will be worse since less people will learn about said underrepresented franchise. Brawl was my first exposure to most of Nintendo's franchises!

Last edited:

SnowmanEX711

Smash Cadet
I'd say Dk and Metroid are underrepresented. Although, it makes sense why Metroid is underrepped. Dk on the other hand can and could use more representation.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Donkey Kong, Metroid, and Kirby are all underrepresented from my point of view, but unfortunately, without Ridley and Dark Samus, Metroid is in a weird state where it has no suitable fighters to fill that gap. I find Donkey Kong's under-representation to be simply unacceptable though, it's ridiculous a franchise the size of Zelda gets so little love. Lastly, Kirby is one I don't see mentioned a lot in the West, while in Japan, this franchise nearly gets as much outcry as DK for being underrepped and it's for good reason, it has a quite the problem in that literally no stage or character are from the Post-Sakurai era, and that it's the only first party franchise that isn't retro to not receive a stage at least as recent as 2004. Not to mention it's Nintendo's 5/6th largest franchise (Depends on if you count Wii as a series) and has less representatives than a franchise that has sold less than 17 million, which smacks of bias in my eyes.

For over represented, I'd go ahead and say only Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem really have this problem. Both of these franchises are beloved by Mr. Sakurai so it's understandable that he'd want them to receive as much love as possible, but I can't really accept the current state of their representation, where Fire Emblem, who I'll remind us has less than 17 million sales has the exact same representation as Zelda, ZELDA. Two clones? Check! Three unique characters? Check!

I have nothing against Fire Emblem or Kid Icarus as franchises, and while I understand their fanbases want them to be more important in the future, I do have a quite a bit against them being raised on some magical pedestal that lets them inflate their worth, and it feels even more insulting when it would make it appear as if Fire Emblem is above Kirby and equal to Zelda, which is simply untrue.

Also, one question, what makes Fire Emblem special and different from the others? The reason I'm asking this is that this is a justification for Fire Emblem reps that I get a lot, but don't really understand. I at first thought they mean't it's quality, which is purely subjective and is kind of a free pass, but apparently that wasn't what it is. I then thought it mean't how much history it had but then I realized FE only has 15 games, while Kirby has 26, so I realized that couldn't be what they were mentioning and now I'm just really confused? If anyone knows what that justification/statement means, please tell me, it's the one thing I've always wanted to understand but can't since I don't know what it means.

Edit: Grammar, added the word "thought" to where it was missing.

Last edited:

CannaFizz

Smash Apprentice
For over represented, I'd go ahead and say only Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem really have this problem. Both of these franchises are beloved by Mr. Sakurai so it's understandable that he'd want them to receive as much love as possible, but I can't really accept the current state of their representation, where Fire Emblem, who I'll remind us has less than 17 million sales has the exact same representation as Zelda, ZELDA. Two clones? Check! Three unique characters? Check!

I have nothing against Fire Emblem or Kid Icarus as franchises, and while I understand their fanbases want them to be more important in the future, I do have a quite a bit against them being raised on some magical pedestal that lets them inflate their worth, and it feels even more insulting when it would make it appear as if Fire Emblem is above Kirby and equal to Zelda, which is simply untrue.

Also, one question, what makes Fire Emblem special and different from the others? The reason I'm asking this is that this is a justification for Fire Emblem reps that I get a lot, but don't really understand. I at first they mean't it's quality, which is purely subjective and is kind of a free pass, but apparently that wasn't what it is. I then thought it mean't how much history it had but then I realized FE only has 15 games, while Kirby has 26, so I realized that couldn't be what they were mentioning and now I'm just really confused? If anyone knows what that justification/statement means, please tell me, it's the one thing I've always wanted to understand but can't since I don't know what it means.
This whole notion that series sales should affect how many characters a franchise gets is really weird to me.

Fire Emblem lends itself to having a lot of Smash characters because mostly every game has a new main protagonist. Marth is the protagonist of some games, but Ike's games have their own storyline and characters. Same with Robin and Roy. Lucina was an easy character to make because she's essentially a glorified alt costume for Marth, and Roy, as a veteran had a lot of people asking for his return. This isn't special treatment, and it's not saying that the series is somehow more important than Kirby.

Kid Icarus having 3 characters also makes sense. Palutena had an expanded role in Uprising, and her name is actually in the title of both games in the Japanese series. Dark Pit on the other hand actually started off as an alternate costume for Pit in Brawl, but was made a character in Uprising. Having him go back to being a simple color after that would be weird, and it was really easy to make a clone character out of him. Like Lucina and Dr. Mario, he's just there to make the roster bigger.

Nothing is getting put on a magic pedestal. Nobody is trying to inflate a series' "worth." Honestly, I'm not trying to insult anyone here, but this is kind of a fanboyish mindset and I really doubt Sakurai thinks like this at all.

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm, a lot of nice input here. I knew I'd get stuff about Fire Emblem, Kirby, and Kid Icarus, though I'm a little saddened no one mentioned Star Fox. Then again, it hasn't been relevant in years, though SF Zero IS coming soon...

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
You can't say that sales doesn't/shouldn't affect how many characters a franchises get when Pokémon and Mario has the most.

So clearly sales does factor. And the fact that DK is stuck with DK and Diddy only with no ATs whatsoever is laughably bad for the fourth highest selling and the second oldest franchise that has almost 30 games

And you know what, fine. Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus aren't overrepsented.

Awakening and Uprising sure as hell are though

Also notable underrepped franchises: Golden Sun, Advance Wars, The Excite Series, and The Legend of Stafy,

Last edited:

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
You can't say that sales doesn't/shouldn't affect how many characters a franchises get when Pokémon and Mario has the most.

So clearly sales does factor. And the fact that DK is stuck with DK and Diddy only with no ATs whatsoever is laughably bad for the fourth highest selling and the second oldest franchise that has almost 30 games

And you know what, fine. Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus aren't overrepsented.

Awakening and Uprising sure as hell are though
You do have a point. Dark Pit and Lucina bring nothing to the roster, personally Viridi and Tiki would have brought a lot more. Also, its worth pointing out that Pokemon and Mario are by FAR the two most recognized franchises.

Last edited:

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Also a major problem with Fire Emblem is that it has every 1-2 games set in a different universe. Which means each character already in Smash get less and less relevant at a faster rate than everyone else. And we're effectively stuck with them. And I say this even though Ike is my favorite FE Lord.

As for Dark Pit, if he so similar to Pit that they share subforum on this site, why bother making him a separate character at all? I mean canon wise, nothing is stopping him from using the Three Sacred Treasures

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
N
Also a major problem with Fire Emblem is that it has every 1-2 games set in a different universe. Which means each character already in Smash get less and less relevant at a faster rate than everyone else. And we're effectively stuck with them. And I say this even though Ike is my favorite FE Lord.

As for Dark Pit, if he so similar to Pit that they share subforum on this site, why bother making him a separate character at all? I mean canon wise, nothing is stopping him from using the Three Sacred Treasures
I mean, I refer to Binding Blade as Fire Emblem: The One With Roy. There's a reason for that.

DK, Metroid, Wario Land, modern Kirby and arguably Star Fox are underrepresented.

Kid Icarus (taking everything into account, not just characters) and arguably Fire Emblem are overpresented.

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
For overdone and underdone (if underdone is even used) franchises or parts of franchises I say this:

DK is truly underdone in Smash. They need more than just 2 playable characters and music variety is lacking here (I'm looking at you, likable, yet over-repeated Jungle Japes/Jungle Theme). I think the DK franchise deserves better.
Metroid is underdone as well. Only two playable variants of one character? That's inflating a roster that definitely needs more than just Samus. I'd like to see Rundas or Sylux. Minor sympathies towards those who wanted Ridley playable.

Overdone things is a little different here. Generation 1 of Pokemon seems overdone here. Yeah, I know it's the starting generation. I'd like generations 2, 3, and 5 of Pokemon get a playable chance. 4 and 6 are fine.
Marth's Fire Emblem series is overdone. We got Lucina, Robin, and Marth. Marth and Robin could hold their Fire Emblem series. Try one or two characters from a series that the playable Fire Emblem Smash cast didn't cover.
Sword wielding in Fire Emblem also seems overdone. Four strict swordspeople is a little much. Why not an axe or a spear/lance/javelin wielder? Variety is what I like to see here.

Lacking variety seems to be my legitimate complaints here.

I don't think Kid Icarus is overdone overall, but the quality of this franchise could need a boost here. Uprising is slightly overdone and could benefit from slight trimming and replacing Dark Pit with Hades or Viridi.

Last edited:

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Playable characters aren't the only way to give a franchise recognition (though it is the biggest way)

Not every franchise can or should be represented evenly. Though in some ways, a franchise can better rep one area than another.

Take Metroid for example. Because Samus is a loner, Metroid fans were banking on Ridley to be playable since he's the only other major recurring character. Barring that, Metroid could have been better represented with a nonlava, nonmechnical stage, more Smash Run enemies than most other series.

Of course, series like F-Zero will be screwed over enemy wise. And since it's a racing franchise, it's also limited to that. So because racing games are more focused on stages, F-Zero should at least get more than one stage. And more music, besides Mute City.

Star Fox is about a bunch of mercenaries liberating planets. So instead of the usual "Fight in the vastness of space on the Great Fox." They should get more planetoid stages.

With Fire Emblem, since we're basically gonna have nothing but Lords for the playable cast, they could have a bit more Assist Trophies for their supporting units.

The Donkey Kong series is known for its great music. So it should stand that it should more representation music wise.

Improve trophy accuracy. The Sonic "Lost World Animal Friends" did NOT first appear in Lost World. They first appeared in Sonic 1. K.Rool has a multiple personality disorder and those AREN'T his brothers. Roy did not first appear in Fire Emblem (Melee trophy)

Of course, Zelda, Kirby, and, again, Donkey Kong, should have a more well rounded representation because they do have it all: Supporting cast for playable reps and AT, music for remixes, enemies for Smash Run (assuming it'll return), and locations for stages.

Or at least, these are my thoughts.

I think that's why people are mad at the Kid Icarus franchise. Effectively... only one game from said series got it all. Two new playable characters, two new Assist Trophies where I think more series on got one new one, two new stages where one of them isn't the typical Angel Land stage, and great remixes

This is why I also said that Golden Sun, Advance Wars, The Excite Series, and The Legend of Stafy are deadly underrepresented. In fact, GS and Excite actually LOST stuff from Brawl.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm not complaining I'm just asking for peoples opinions :3
I know that, I'm more along the lines of referring to that haphazard claim of Donkey Kong being overrepresentated.

I can understand that in terms of stages and items, but implying that in the case of characters and AT's are insane.

Last edited:

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
I know that, I'm more along the lines of referring to that haphazard claim of Dinkey Zkong being overrepresentated.

I can understand that in terms of stages and items, but implying that in the case of characters and AT's are insane.
In my opinion, the developers put in the characters they felt were appropriate, though honestly three Marths is kinda dumb.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I'd say Dk and Metroid are underrepresented. Although, it makes sense why Metroid is underrepped. Dk on the other hand can and could use more representation.
If you think about it, DK kinda blends in with Super Mario...

Diddy appeared in several Mario games...

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
If you think about it, DK kinda blends in with Super Mario...

Diddy appeared in several Mario games...
So did Yoshi and Wario, but in Smash they are their own separate series.

Donkey Kong Country is far more established than Yoshi's Island/World and Wario Land/Ware.

K. Rool and Dixie would only further make the DK series in Smash stand out on its own rather than just being a branch of the Mario series.

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
So did Yoshi and Wario, but in Smash they are their own separate series.

Donkey Kong Country is far more established than Yoshi's Island/World and Wario Land/Ware.

K. Rool and Dixie would only further make the DK series in Smash stand out on its own rather than just being a branch of the Mario series.
I'm personally against K. Rool. Yes, I know, that counts as shots fired, but really, almost no one outside of the community would know who he is. Feeble argument maybe, but its my opinion.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I'm personally against K. Rool. Yes, I know, that counts as shots fired, but really, almost no one outside of the community would know who he is. Feeble argument maybe, but its my opinion.
I would beg to differ.

Strongly.

If you go by that logic, no one outside the community would know who any of the top DLC contenders are. They are top DLC contenders for a reason. PushDustIn's Japanese findings puts K. Rool as the top requested, above Wolf and even Snake. This is not from only polls but from Twitter, Miiverse, etc. actually going out to find how many people said they personally voted or want K. Rool.

That also depends on what you mean by "community" if it's just Smashboards or just the online Smash community in general, and information spreads around the Smash world like the BLACK PLAGUE. We are like piranha when it comes to Smash related news and rumors. Even websites not normally privy to our community will report on any scrap of juicy info because Smash is the big ticket item, and K. Rool has been reported on numerous times. He also has had trophies since Melee so even for Smahers living under a rock, they would have had exposure to King K. Rool.

That's ignoring the fact that the Donkey Kong Country series has been among the most best selling series for Nintendo, even in Japan, and K. Rool has been the final boss in each one. Anyone who grew up in the SNES era has had a very good chance of having personal exposure to King K. Rool, hence why he is so heavily requested, as are many Rareware characters like Banjo and Kazooie or other Nintendo characters that were made by Rare, like Dixie Kong and Krystal.

Raijinken

Smash Master
I feel like F-Zero, Metroid, Donkey Kong, and Yoshi (as distinct from Mario) are underrepresented.

Donkey Kong finally gained a second character (maybe more depending on DLC but that's not relevant yet), after ages. While I can understand the potential development struggle to come up with more movesets for a bunch of chimps and gorillas (or a gator), I feel like it needs extra representation.

Ridley or not, Metroid is old enough and has enough games to deserve more than Samus and Samus. There are numerous other Hunters, recurring bosses, helper animals, and whatnot. We don't need two of the same character. It's like if Link and Young Link were the only Zelda reps.

Yoshi as a Non-Mario could use some extra reps. But if he's lumped in with Mario (as he is in the character screen now), then they're more than sufficiently represented.

F-Zero has a large cast of characters, and the closest we ever got to an extra was the Goroh AT and the Ganondorf clone->semiclone. Not sufficient for the best racing franchise, even if Nintendo has abandoned us.

As for overrepresentation, I think we've got enough Marios, Pokemans, and Zeldas. I could support adding more Zelda characters if one got the chopping block (not sure if I'd vote against Tink or Sheik first). Same for Pokemon, I'm convinced Puff is only still around because of the apparent Original Twelve immunity. Mario obviously "deserves" massive representation, but I still feel like they can do better than just giving us Rosalina (but not Daisy?) and Bowser Jr. That franchise is massive, and we can do better than that if we're to keep increasing its representation.

WarioWare is overrepresented, Wario Land is underrepresented. Enough said on that.

This is to avoid the several franchises that are underrepresented by result of having none.

Last edited:

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
I would beg to differ.

Strongly.

If you go by that logic, no one outside the community would know who any of the top DLC contenders are. They are top DLC contenders for a reason. PushDustIn's Japanese findings puts K. Rool as the top requested, above Wolf and even Snake. This is not from only polls but from Twitter, Miiverse, etc. actually going out to find how many people said they personally voted or want K. Rool.

That also depends on what you mean by "community" if it's just Smashboards or just the online Smash community in general, and information spreads around the Smash world like the BLACK PLAGUE. We are like piranha when it comes to Smash related news and rumors. Even websites not normally privy to our community will report on any scrap of juicy info because Smash is the big ticket item, and K. Rool has been reported on numerous times. He also has had trophies since Melee so even for Smahers living under a rock, they would have had exposure to King K. Rool.

That's ignoring the fact that the Donkey Kong Country series has been among the most best selling series for Nintendo, even in Japan, and K. Rool has been the final boss in each one. Anyone who grew up in the SNES era has had a very good chance of having personal exposure to King K. Rool, hence why he is so heavily requested, as are many Rareware characters like Banjo and Kazooie or other Nintendo characters that were made by Rare, like Dixie Kong and Krystal.
My childhood was my N64. But, I'm not sure. I'm thinking not of the Smash community, yes, we all know K. Rool, but what about everyone else who plays Smash? They will have no clue who he is. I'm referring to the casuals, they outnumber us, and most of them won't know who he is. Then again, almost any DLC candidate can be described that way. (RIP Takamaru...)

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
My childhood was my N64. But, I'm not sure. I'm thinking not of the Smash community, yes, we all know K. Rool, but what about everyone else who plays Smash? They will have no clue who he is. I'm referring to the casuals, they outnumber us, and most of them won't know who he is. Then again, almost any DLC character can be described that way. (RIP Takamaru...)
To be frank, the casuals you're talking about probably aren't really aware of Isaac, Bandana Dee, or possibly even Krystal. In fact the only ones they'd really know are series veterans if they played the other Smash games and maybe Inklings due to their recency and that's making the list of potential candidates far too short. In addition, most of these players wouldn't have recognized over 3/4 the roster had they not already been in Smash. Generally your Marios and Pokemon, if that.

For all the preteens who have restricted internet access, we shouldn't be concerned with them. I'd look at our community as more of a sample size than an anomaly. For casuals, if it's Smash DLC it will generally sell regardless for the sake of a complete game. Anyone who's voting on the Ballot, and takes the time to pick a character from hundreds of choices, probably has also taken the time to look up who others are voting for and who's getting the most votes. K. Rool, Isaac, B.Dee among them, etc.

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
To be frank, the casuals you're talking about probably aren't really aware of Isaac, Bandana Dee, or possibly even Krystal. In fact the only ones they'd really know are series veterans if they played the other Smash games and maybe Inklings due to their recency and that's making the list of potential candidates far too short. In addition, most of these players wouldn't have recognized over 3/4 the roster had they not already been in Smash. Generally your Marios and Pokemon, if that.

For all the preteens who have restricted internet access, we shouldn't be concerned with them. I'd look at our community as more of a sample size than an anomaly. For casuals, if it's Smash DLC it will generally sell regardless for the sake of a complete game. Anyone who's voting on the Ballot, and takes the time to pick a character from hundreds of choices, probably has also taken the time to look up who others are voting for and who's getting the most votes. K. Rool, Isaac, B.Dee among them, etc.
You're probably right. I've gotten way too many "Who the heck is Shulk? Or Lucina? Or Ness?" I mean come on, Ness... I shouldn't be concerned about people that can't recognize Ness.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
There's like different tiers of casuals anyway.

Like for me, I casually play Zelda. But give me a Sonic game and I actually a clue what I'm doing.

Then there are probably casuals who primarily played in a specific generation. So they probably a base clue on who the main bad guy of franchises is.

And then there are the soccer moms and morons who conflate video games with anime.

Of course, most of the casuals (especially the last group) are not going to vote. Or if they do, they probably vote Goku or that idiot Naruto.

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
My childhood was my N64. But, I'm not sure. I'm thinking not of the Smash community, yes, we all know K. Rool, but what about everyone else who plays Smash? They will have no clue who he is. I'm referring to the casuals, they outnumber us, and most of them won't know who he is. Then again, almost any DLC character can be described that way. (RIP Takamaru...)
Some casuals or semi-casuals might find some characters interesting enough to look at and go deeper into a franchise. I don't think all casuals would act like "Oh, who's this, I'll just ignore this character."

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
Some casuals or semi-casuals might find some characters interesting enough to look at and go deeper into a franchise. I don't think all casuals would act like "Oh, who's this, I'll just ignore this character."
I went to a friends birthday party, he was having a Smash tournament. I picked Lucario, and I got like three " Who the hell is Lucario?" Somebody thought he was from DBZ. Just kill me now.

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
I went to a friends birthday party, he was having a Smash tournament. I picked Lucario, and I got like three " Who the hell is Lucario?" Somebody thought he was from DBZ. Just kill me now.
Of course, we have those casuals who do think that way. It's slightly shameful when the game attempts to show that characters do belong to a franchise and share franchise origins with others and no one gets the idea at all. Those kind of casuals are not really going to care or even bother to look stuff up. The game could have a mini biography complete with relevant information being on the character select screen, and still have people messing this stuff up. The logic applied extremely would make Smash useless or not fun to play at all. I do agree with looking with multiple perspectives of the roster, though.

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
You're probably right. I've gotten way too many "Who the heck is Shulk? Or Lucina? Or Ness?" I mean come on, Ness... I shouldn't be concerned about people that can't recognize Ness.
Hell man even I didn't know who Shulk was. That game is kinda obscure and rare if you didn't hear about it or play it.

But Lucina? How in the world do people not know about Lucina? That game ain't even that old.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Another one, here we go again.

When it comes to crossover games like this or Marvel vs Capcom, I think a franchise needs to fill certain niches in order to be properly represented. The hero, his partner, and his antagonist. Anything beyond that are minorities that fulfill a certain niche that the primary 3 don't fill, for example females.
By this logic, Yes I actually think Zelda is properly repped simply because of Link, Zelda, and Ganny. Toon link offers a nice diversion thanks to a radically different art style. Same goes with Kirby. Star Fox used to be this before Wolf was cut. Fire emblem is unique in that all of its current alumni are main characters. Kid Icarus is actually underepped due to lacking a proper villain (I swear Dark Pit helps Pit more than he antagonizes him). And of course Metroid and DK are underepped period.

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
Hell man even I didn't know who Shulk was. That game is kinda obscure and rare if you didn't hear about it or play it.

But Lucina? How in the world do people not know about Lucina? That game ain't even that old.
To quote Smosh: "Raise your hand if you knew who Shulk was before Smash! Congratulations, you're now Japanese!" Not saying I'm Japanese, but I get what you're saying.

Raijinken

Smash Master
To quote Smosh: "Raise your hand if you knew who Shulk was before Smash! Congratulations, you're now Japanese!" Not saying I'm Japanese, but I get what you're saying.
I feel odd for having bought that game at release and having still not completed it.

Seriously though (and unrelated to the quoted and the response). Overrepresentation is easier to justify than underrepresentation these days. It's easy to go "Mario has a ton of characters but at least it's Mario", but it's harder to seriously go "Captain Falcon has been the only F-Zero character for four consecutive games and we're okay with this."

Gimmick

Smash Ace
The fact that the Zelda franchise didn't get any new reps. in 4 is astonishing. Especially considering that Nintendo was building up hype for Zelda Wii U and Hyrule Warriors.

Also... I honestly don't think that F-Zero is under reped. When I think F-Zero I think Falcon. That's it. Sure I can name a few other characters, but I still feel like F-Zero has the only rep it really needs.

CadePirate

Smash Apprentice
I would make a rule for this discussion to not be able to talk about Dark Pit, Lucina, and Dr. Mario. These characters often drive people's arguments and it's not fair because they are extras that hardly took up development time. They were costumes initially. Removing these characters alone from the discussion and then taking another look at Kid Icarus for example, suddenly, this franchise isn't so over represented anymore. (That is character wise at least.)

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
For me, I'm fine with Palutena, but I think it was a bit much to have so many of the items be form Uprising and half the enemies in Smash Run be from Uprising, I don't care if they had models to pull from, they should have cut it off at one point. I'd be fine with less overall Smash Run enemies if I knew they weren't all going to be KI:U enemies and the occasional goomba or SSE enemy.

Not to mention 2 assist trophies when DK has zero.

Last edited:
Top Bottom