• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Melee Thread - Updated Summer 2016 Power Rankings!

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Hey chris, try and get in contact with Chrusher and his brother if you can about the tourny. I sent him a message but he hasn't responded.

chrusher97

Smash Cadet
Im gonna try and come, its the same house that we came to for the smashfest right? Ill need a partner if i play doubles cuz idk if my bro can come.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Btw..June is approaching soon so i cannot attend any smashfest until june 19th because of exams
Okay, I'm not sure if I'll be hosting the monthly or not on June. If we have one, then we'll make it after exams.

Im gonna try and come, its the same house that we came to for the smashfest right? Ill need a partner if i play doubles cuz idk if my bro can come.
Yep, it's the same house. I think you'll probably be able to find a partner when you get here.

@ Cman: Thanks for telling Crusher about the monthly. :)

@ Linkshot: Will you be able to bring your TV?

We'll need another melee disk for my Wii.

Edit: lmao, I never noticed the h in chrusher before.

I got drinks btw. I couldn't get a TV yet. I'll look for my camera for recording.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Hopefully I can bring it, but the first game of the Stanley Cup Playoffs starts at 7, so my dad might not want to come pick me up so I can bring it back. >.>

Popcorn and GameCube + Disc + Memory Card are a 100%, though.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Results y0!

Falcon Only

Top two got money because there weren't many entrants, lol.

1. Wak ($4)
2. BL!TZ ($2)
3. chlor0form
4. Linkshot
5. Florence
5. MEGA

Doubles

We did a round robing instead of double elimination.

1. Je me souviens (Cman + Wak) ($11)
2. Time for an adventure (Linkshot + MEGA) ($5)
3. noobs (BL!TZ + chlor0form)
4. late (chrusher97 + his brother)

Singles

Top three got money because I'm a ****, lol.

1. Wak ($15)
2. Je me souviens (AKA Cman) ($7)
3. BL!TZ ($2)
4. chrusher97
5. Linkshot
5. MEGA
7. chlor0form
7. Florence

I'll upload GF for singles. There wasn't enough room for me to keep the Falcon GF. They were looking dull anyways. I'll post shout outs later tonight. We're probably going to do a 3 vs 3 crew battle.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
We didn't do Crews.
Instead, we played friendlies and Pokemon Puzzle League.

Also, next monthly's side tournament: 1 hour to get as far as you can in Adventure Mode, Very Hard, 1 Stock, no continues. The person who gets the furthest wins. If two people tie, the tie will be broken by your score.
If you die, you can start back from the beginning and keep going.
Alternately, 5 tries per person (due to set up johns).

Who wants to take the challenge?

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Shoutouts

First, I'd like to say GG's to everybody!

Wak - I enjoyed our Falcon dittos even though nothing epic happened, lol. Singles set was fun too.

Cman - Bwahahaha! You can't destroy me with Sheik anymore! I got used to her/him/whoknows. You're beating me with Fox now though.

chrusher97 - Your Falco is good. You almost came back two stocks at the end. I hope I'll get to play more matches with you!

Linkshot - Luigi is weird, lol. Pokéfloats is top tier.

MEGA - You suck. I'm glad I didn't have to play a noob like you.

chlor0form - Your Yoshi is beast. I'm not very good at teams, so sorry if I held you back. I'm glad I had the chance to be your team mate!

Florence - You suck. It's unfortunate that I had to play you.

chrusher's brother - You kept killing your brother lmao. I won't blame you because I sometimes do so to my own brothers. It's instinct I guess.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Poke Floats was the most fun serious match I've had in ages.
Also, I should start practicing at Puzzle League...except the GB Tetris Attack field isn't as tall, and won't have the same blocks falling.

And I wouldn't have to suffer through CHARRRRRRRRRRRRRRBOCK.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
GG to everyone here, it was very fun to play! I ended up, after the tournament, in a prom night... it was also very great =P.

Cman - Tightest **** ever. What was it yet? 3-1 on the first set (would have been 2-0), 3-2 on the second set, 3-2 on the third set? I had lots of troubles beating you, I think you can guess it. You got better since that first time we played. Just keep it up, and probably that next month you won't have any problem beating my falco =P

BL!TZ - Good set on the falcon dittos! And the tournament was smooth to, nothing went wrong, as usual when people from Ottawa are hosting... props to Ottawa!

chrusher97 - Good games in doubles as well as in singles! You did very good against me on the singles set, brigning my peach and my sheik at the last stock =)

crusher97's brother - Good games in doubles, I haven't played you beside for these matches though..

Linkshot - GG, as florence said, I think it was florence, I had no honor picking marth against your luigi... but you know, I was very scared to pick falco against you because last month you 2 stocked me in a friendly match... so I went for the counterpick instead =P

MEGA - Good falcon match... your style is really hard to counter, at least for me, and I had a hard time getting something down during the game. Keep up the good work, you have lots of potential!

chlor0form - Not everyone would use yoshi... props to that, it's according to me the second worst character in the game after kirby, as well as one of the few character I just refuse to play, so you have my respect =)

Florence - According to the brackets we just never met eachother during the whole tournament... And I don't recall I had friendlies with you =( Oh well, hopefully we'll play next time =)

--

So, this is it, I can't wait to see those GF videos............

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Absolutely a great tournament. I thank everyone for coming!

Wak- Congrats on win all three events wak! It was a pleasure teaming with you in doubles and we had three intense sets in singles. GG's

Chloro- Always good too see the people's champ. I must admit, your yoshi is pretty beast now. You pulled off some **** combos on my falcon during the friendlies and in doubles. Keep up the good work!

Blitz- Thanks for hosting the tourny, and it was great. Finally we got to play each other in a tourny . GG's

Florence- Keep up the good work, your IC's are getting beast. I recommend picking up marth so you can wreck for stuff. Unfortunately we didn't play any friendlies, maybe next time!

MEGA- I had a lot of fun in friendlies ( we played like 50 friendlies lol ), we met each other in the tourny again and had a really good set. GG's

Linkshot- GOod to see you alan, during the doubles round robin we had a very fun set, GG's

Chrusher- Your falco is getting really good dave. Your matches during the tourny were really close, hopefully we get to play each other next time.

Chrusher's brother ( joe i guess )- Good stuff, you have a nice marth. GG's in doubles. Don't stop playing SC!

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Lolol, Wak. Don't worry. Next time you do that, I'll just go G&W. He has range :O

Good to see you, too, Charlesz. To be honest I wanted you to win the tourney, since that would've been huge, imo.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
I'm uploading the grand finals now. It'll take a while. Excuse the poor quality recording and Linkshot and Florence talking over the game like big noobs.

Edit: I'm going to only do the first set for now. It's ****ing slow and it's a pain in the *** when the internet gets disconnected when somebody calls. The second set will be uploaded but I'll do so sometime later today.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Thanks Alan, but losing to Wak is fine. As intense as it was, it was more of a friendly match considering he was my doubles partner and good at this game ( I didn't even get mad or L + R + A + Start LOL )

arsenic41

Smash Ace
I want to play this game :(

when is the next smashfest?

EDIT: what is with this space animals ****? I wanna see me some Fawlkons.

chrusher97

Smash Cadet
I apologize for my brother being a ******.

On a side note - anyone work somewhere that is hiring? I need a job

mouse7245

Smash Apprentice
Randy you wanna come to my place with Derek Monday for some MTG/SSBM? I met another guy who is decent enough that we can play 2v2

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
whatt i wanted a new one too, i would ve totally paid you to get me one as well lol

k crew battles sound awesome! :) how should we split the teams up though?
You can only go to play-asia.com or something like that and buy the controller online.

We can decide on the spot about who's going to be in what crew.

Top Bottom