• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Smash Community [OSC] - Oregon's official Smash Community est. 2005

FmAiGkGeO

Smash Cadet
Can I be added to the portland list? ***gO is the brawl tag. Main with Olimar/Fox/Diddy. Not quite sure on the main part yet, and I am not too great yet.

Balloon

Smash Lord
Gage only likes it cause he got secooooooond @ fb3!

jk :p

(but not really)

It's not that the game is easy or hard, it's that it's impossible to have any sort of true control in it.

jankerrific

Smash Journeyman
i think with zero shield stun its amazingly easy to punish. but i play luigi so i just slide all day.

and camping is the new control, its ********.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I read Scar's thread and it was really good. It puts the differences between Melee and Brawl in a big bright spotlight and shows how Melee is the better competitive game. I also think that it sums up how competitive gaming should be played and what makes a good game for competitive games.

None of it made me think Brawl cannot be a competitive game, nor does it make me want to play Melee instead of Brawl, and it also will not stop Brawl from developing into a big competitive scene which is what appears to be happening.

There's plenty of control in Brawl for players who know what they're doing.

Balloon

Smash Lord
Pretty sure I'd beat you or come close to beating you, Timmy, every time, and I can easily admit there is absolutely no control in Brawl.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Same.

Except for Shane, maybe.

Oh, I thought you said you could beat everyone including timmy.

I is too **** at Brawl. Because the "control" in it is absolutely ******** and broken.

Climax11

Smash Ace
Regardless to wether the game will stand the test of time as competitivly playable, FB3 helped me realize that for now not only is the Melee scene near dead (atleast in Oregon), but mixing the two games into one tournament creates alot of negative energy.

Personally, I've jumped on the Brawl band wagon and am enjoying the game, and am discovering new things about it every time I attened a big tournament. One thing that I am enjoying alot is that everyone that beat me and make it to finals at the game doesn't do it with Captain Falcon. The fact that people have a variety of characters to play with right now, makes the game exciting to me.

The reason I say Melee's dead though, is due to the poor turn out for singles, the lack of people wanting to participate in doubles; and how there was no energy in the room to do Melee Crews, which was probably only Melee event I was looking forward to. The reason I say there's negative energy is because players that were great at Melee and refuse to play Brawl, can't seem to keep there overly criticical thoughts to themselves. You dont' like the game, we get it. Nobody in the room really cares about your opinion when it's preseneted so poorly as to be shouting out stupid, short sided comments. I'm sure looking around you can see there's more Brawl players than there are Melee players, atleast for now.

This is why I won't be hosting Melee event's at future Finger Bangs. Atleast not as anything more than a side event.

Granted this isnt' true of every Melee specific player, some only give there opinion when you ask, and just continue to enjoy there game, despite the fact that alot of people have moved on.

Maybe Melee will make a great comeback, or maybe it'll completely fade away when Melee players feel they just don't want to do it anymore.

cmin

Smash Ace
brawl is dumb, but im still good at it. i really don't enjoy playing it, but if i had to pick between eating **** and ice skating, i will ice skate.

BC-Chris

Smash Journeyman
Gage only likes it cause he got secooooooond @ fb3!

jk :p

(but not really)

It's not that the game is easy or hard, it's that it's impossible to have any sort of true control in it.
I agree/good****e gage
but I sandbag against certain players at fb3 (not wash, not gresham, not eugene,not juce)
guess who?

(sandbag at brawl)
I understand why people sandbag now :laugh::laugh::laugh:

T0MMY

Smash Master
Pretty sure I'd beat you or come close to beating you, Timmy, every time, and I can easily admit there is absolutely no control in Brawl.
Maybe your controller is unplugged?

Regardless to wether the game will stand the test of time as competitivly playable, FB3 helped me realize that for now not only is the Melee scene near dead (atleast in Oregon), but mixing the two games into one tournament creates alot of negative energy.
I actually wanted to join in on Melee crews, but a few of us traveling had work on friday, so we missed out on the entire Melee day.
The best I'm hoping for is that negative energy dies with Melee. Things kinda started sucking towards the end of it and your last two Brawl tournaments really revitalized the fun in it. Nobody was complaining and even started enjoying playing the game when at first they didn't really like it.
Melee-only players are like necrophiles :^S

joshisrad

Smash Lord
you require more of my **** USAGE OHH WHUT

bart i dont use brains

I USE CLOWNS LIKE YOU ON THE BBALL COURT

cmin

Smash Ace
i think you guys need to stop e-thuggin and just grab a drink and do drunken crews again. holy ****

Climax11

Smash Ace
Actually I think the best thing would be for oregon to get a Melee thread on here? No? I mean, it seems like there still is some vested interest here and it would be good for that portion of the community.

Just a though. Cmin I might be in Salem tonight/tomorrow, I wanna get drunk/high with youuuu.

Binx

Smash Master
i think with zero shield stun its amazingly easy to punish. but i play luigi so i just slide all day.

and camping is the new control, its ********.
Yeah thats why the game bores me, at least in melee it wasn't ranged piss fights when you camp. I dunno, I just prefer the ability to dash dance, if I could dash dance and combo I would be fine with the rest, oh wait no, cause I dont like auto sweetspots either. Or the slow game play. But yeah I'm with Minh, if this is the only fighting game we get to play I'll play it, but I think we should all switch to Alpha 3 or MVC2 or SVC2, those are fun and you can do like 900 hit combos =)

Jayce, Minh, you guys wanna start doing SVC again like the good ole days, we have to take it off max speed but we were already as technical as you get at the game so all we'd need is spacing this time lols.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Hm. I never can tell with you smash kids if these comments are meant as shots...
This is why I spend what little online time I have on All is Brawl instead.
Crashboards has a lot of mean-spirited "omg I suck at Brawl so Melee is better and you're gay if you disagree" and AiB is more like "Anyone want to play a wifi match?"
The idea of having fun seemed to be lost quite some time ago... that's why I've enjoyed these last few Brawl tourneys, the atmosphere was a lot more relaxed, fun, and yet stayed competitive.

Awesomasaur

Smash Rookie
The idea of having fun seemed to be lost quite some time ago...
That's silly, Tommy. You're silly.

Fun is subjective. Some people find fun in wavedashing and ledge teching and boogieing their brains out, and think it's boring that **** was taken out of Brawl. Doesn't mean they're wrong or anything. Different strokes for different folks.

My personal argument for Brawl:

Styl~

Smash Rookie
Can anyone tell me if there will be reduced lag for playing people who are in a closer proximity to you?

At this point online play's response delay is annoying, so if I could avoid it by typing in some player codes of fellow Oregonians why not.

And is there a way to check how many people are from Oregon on these boards? Kind of curious.

Top Bottom