• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Smash Community [OSC] - Oregon's official Smash Community est. 2005

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I wish that they would have been able to stream some of it. It would be nice to go back and watch some matches. Maybe someday Guardian Games will get decent internet :p
Well, I suppose you can always save your replays to an SD card, that way you can go back and review them. I should probably do that more, now that I'm thinking of it. Hopefully next time we can get more games of PM in... who ended up placing in that event anyway?

SnappyJ

Smash Cadet
NNID
SnappyJ
Well, I suppose you can always save your replays to an SD card, that way you can go back and review them. I should probably do that more, now that I'm thinking of it. Hopefully next time we can get more games of PM in... who ended up placing in that event anyway?

The problem with trying to save replays on the SD card in PM is that when you play back the replay, it doesn't actually show what happened in the match... It is the strangest thing. I think it may work if you have the WiFi safe version though, but don't quote me on that. Here were the PM placing results:

1: Silent Wolf
2: Qrack
3: J Money
4: Brandandorf
5: No U
5: Eggz
7: Bart
7: JD (that's me!)
9: DQ
9: FoosJr
9: Brick
9: Scary
13: Brandon
13: Michael
13: Jizzard
13: DQ
17: Nibs
17: Jeff
17: Yattadante

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Yeah I was gonna go to this one since a lot of people wanted me to play Idaho, but I had work and couldn't get it off. I played them at my house after the tournament though. I always love me some Idaho

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I think it may work if you have the WiFi safe version though, but don't quote me on that.
Actually, yeah I think you're right. I remember hearing that you need the WiFi Safe version to get replays to work.

Wish I could have gone to the PM tournament to rep Oregon harddddddddddd
Gage, I was looking for you because I heard you were going to be there. All I found was someone who wore a jacket that you might like, and another guy who sat in his chair the same way you do. It was cool that Jesse ended up showing up... he even had a brand-new imported GCN controller.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Hey all, Tsuteto here from the Utah SLC area. Our regional FGC Salt Fest is coming up! Here's some key information for y'all about Salt Fest currently:

*It'll be running on May 17th and 18th (That's a Saturday / Sunday)
*Pre-registration will start December 1st at $20. Essentially each month from there it will only go up, so get your tickets then (site will be updated that day to purchase tickets).
*It will probably be at the same exact location as last time.

It's still in early planning, so we are working out other aspects, such as whether smash will be over just one day or two, pot bonuses, smash entry fee, etc. More than happy to get information released as soon as that's set, but I'm going to just avoid speculation for now.

I'll be over seeing the Smash Bros competition for it this year, and wanted to get some opinions and what you'd like to see done for it competition wise. Essentially, I'd love to hear who's interested in:

*Melee Singles
*Melee Doubles
*Brawl Singles
*Brawl Doubles
*Project: M Singles
*Project: M Doubles

Let me know! I'll be checking back and stuff :)

EggZaladZandwich

Smash Rookie
Hello, I'm new here. I may have made a mistake with my super silly forum name, but I'm just a kid, and my friends and I are looking to get better at smash and possibly do some tournament stuff. We all live in Portland, so I figured this would be a good place to start.

EggZaladZandwich

Smash Rookie
I play melee and PM. My friend Matt mains marth, I shiek, and another plays falcon... Sort of. He needs to get better (granted, so do we), but me and Matt aren't even that good.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Is this what forces me to recreate my facebook account?
I approve of anyone not using Facebook. Smashboards is way cooler than anything Facebook has to offer Smashers.

what's up Oregon :p
Hi, nice seeing you over here since it appears AllisBrawl has gone into a terminal coma. It's like we're just waiting for Neal to make that hard decision to pull the plug.

BTW, there's a Regional Pokemon X/Y tournament coming up in Oregon! :D

The_SuperiorTaste

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheSuperiorTaste
3DS FC
0834-2018-7252
Hi, nice seeing you over here since it appears AllisBrawl has gone into a terminal coma. It's like we're just waiting for Neal to make that hard decision to pull the plug.

BTW, there's a Regional Pokemon X/Y tournament coming up in Oregon! :D
Yeah I'm gonna miss AiB, it was fun while it lasted. And as much as I'd love to play Pokemon, I'm dirt poor at the moment and I still need perfect IV's

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I found out I'm allergic to my computer (it has mold inside and the fan blows it out) - so I haven't been able to use it much. Right now I have it out on my balcony typing in what feels like 0-degree temperatures... X_X

If you're looking for a Pokemon with "Good Enough IVs" (31 in the stats you need), I might be able to trade you something. I have a few Pokemon I got through Wonder Trade/GTS that I could breed copies of and send if I have them. Just drop a request here and I'll let you know.

Seany C.

Smash Rookie
I found out I'm allergic to my computer (it has mold inside and the fan blows it out).

What type of computer is it? I can help with that if you want, and it could be a good excuse for some local smash.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Salt Fest pre-registration is now LIVE! There are only 3 passes left at the time of this writing at the super early bird special of $15! After that, they'll go to the $20 mark for the rest of this month, then $25 in January, and up and up. Get it NOW. Now now now! And sign-up for any competitions you want to enter. Furthermore, if you want to contribute with your attendance, there are bracelets available for $5 in which you can then specify which competition you'd like a portion of the proceeds to go to.

Can be purchased at www.saltfest.org/registration

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
What type of computer is it? I can help with that if you want, and it could be a good excuse for some local smash.
It's an old HP, but the reason I'm now allergic to it is not because of it's make or type but because it got contaminated by the mold that was in my old apartment. Now when the fan in it blows air out, I get terrible respiratory reactions.

And when you say "Local Smash" does that mean you're in the Eugen area? If so, I'd be totally down for that. These last few weeks have been extremely busy for me (hence me not being able to post until today), but getting together and playing some Smash sounds like a lot of fun right about now. Drop me a PM here with a possible day/time.

dummy

Smash Rookie
This is kind of ridiculous but I wanted to start playing melee from scratch and I was wondering if anyone was willing to mentor me or something? I'm in downtown portland pretty much portland state campus

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I will not miss an opportunity to express my hatred of FaceBook, even in my mold-weakened state.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
AiB was honestly my favorite smash outlet, but FB is too easy to set things up and our group has like 300 members in it
Okay, maybe "hate" was too strong a word... hm, no sounds about right. But it puts me more at ease to hear that it's at least being used to promote the Oregon Smash scene.

MichaelMM

Smash Rookie
****ing Peachmaster and Timmy in here. What's happening in Portland for smash in the near future?

b10hazard

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, I'm looking to either join (if one exists) or create a Brawl group around Salem, and I was wondering if anyone either knows of one going on (I've looked around, can't find any Smashfests or Tournaments coming up in the area) or has any tips on getting something like that set up?
Thanks!

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
There is probably the best brawl player in the state in Salem. Unfortunately, he's the only player in the city. He never uses Smashboards though

b10hazard

Smash Rookie
There is probably the best brawl player in the state in Salem. Unfortunately, he's the only player in the city. He never uses Smashboards though
Well dang, then does anyone have any tips on how to get a league set up?
My current plan is having weekly Swiss-style tournaments with a $1-2 venue fee, and winner gets the leftovers ($10 total for the venue).

Also, mostly just for curiosity's sake, but who is this player you were talking about?

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Viviff T Great is the player I was talking about. I notified him, so maybe he'll get on the boards to give you a talk to. If you have a facebook, you can join the Oregon smash group

TheCubeStud

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I'm that guy, with this old-ass login for this terrible site that I somehow remembered. Funny to think that if this name wasn't banned on GameFAQs, I would be kind-of-known across the country as "TheCubeStud".

Anyway, I'm Viviff, I live in Salem, and yes, no one else lives in Salem that's a tournament goer. Coin Jam is the only place that runs any kind of any tournaments, although they seem to go retro (they did Smash 64 recently actually). So yeah, I don't know if a Brawl tourney in Salem is even feasible.

I'm willing to play almost any time though, so long as I'm not in class really.

b10hazard

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I'm not planning on running a big tournament (as much as I'd love to, I just don't have the resources for it and I'm aware that Salem isn't the best place for that...) so much as weekly Smashfests.

I've wanted to get into the competitive scene for a while now, however I haven't had the chance; a combination of no money to travel and hardly anyone (let alone anyone who plays competitively) to fight. Also, Coin Jam is unfortunately out of the the question for me as I'm under 21.

I would love to have the Smashfests turn competitive, however (at least for now) they'll likely be just people interested in Smash - at whatever level - coming together for matches once a week or so.

I figure if nothing else, it's a heck of a lot better than just fighting Lv. 9s as I am currently, and better than WiFi here (Satellite internet makes Brawl all but unplayable online).

Anyways, if you're ever looking to destroy someone at Brawl let me know, I'm basically always up for a match

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
****ing Peachmaster and Timmy in here. What's happening in Portland for smash in the near future?
Hm, I don't recognize your username, but you sound old school. Did you have an old account here that I'd recognize you better with?

Edit:
Nvm, I figured it out. :D
I didn't expect to see you popping in here. How's it been?

Last edited:

T0MMY

Smash Master
I'd love to be more active with online groups but I don't own any kind of computer and don't have internet at the moment so it might be another month before I can get back to updating the events. Beginning of my recovery period, lots of Smashers didn't even recognize me or called me t1mmy yesterday, haha.

wtf_mike

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5172-0602-3991
Hello OR Smashers!

I am visiting my aunt in West Linn and was woundering if I can bring some Peachy love from Reno Smash Crew? If you have a Group to be notified of OR smash things I would love to be added to it!

Top Bottom