• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon PR! updated 10/17/2014

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I'm going to echo Jonny's post.
Establish your PR based on who someone plays against, not what place they take overall.
(Additional details about the match also help shed light on the situation, such as the difference between going 2-0 against someone and having close matches or going 2-0 against someone and getting 4-stocked both times).

Binx

Smash Master
SW got 9th, I took a game off him in pools and was 1 stock away from taking the set. Trebor also got 17th, and the other guy tied for 25th but the only reason I didn't beat him also is because I made some mistakes I don't normally make vs Falcos I hate forward smash lol =D.

I dont know how hard any of you guys try at BB wed but I beat foos ratking and ryan back to back there eventually losing to trebor in the finals 2-3. 1 solid hit from winning the set in all 3 games I lost.

Anyways my list is something like

1) Eggz
2) Juce
3) Jonny
4) Foos
5) Binx (tossup between me and foos IMO but he is more active)
6) Ratking (Kyle and I are close I just feel like we place similarly but I win more than he does when we both play)
7) ****ard/Cat
8) Ryan (Is soon gonna be one of the best players prolly)
9) Alien (Allen I can see you getting really good too you play really smart it was hard for me to identify your mistakes)
10) Bird / Brick(You were both way beyond better than I thought)

4-10 could go to a lot of people with a little bit of practice. And even then I'm not sure Jonny is a hell of a lot better than 4-10 either just enough to consistently place it's not a giant skill gap IMO.

JonnyW

Smash Ace
Johnny's too good yo! =)
Jonny ***** he made me rage like a little girl :p lol. He better be number 2!!!!!

-J666
Aww <3 guys =)

There was a smashfest last night where Jessie and I money matched a bunch. The only time he won is when I played Fox (my fox is god awful). I asked Jessie last night and he said he doesn't care where he is so i don't think he minds if I'm number two. I also MM pandacheck, Foos, Hyuga (Sheridan) and Cat and won all of them (even though mine and Fooses MM's weren't very serious.

J.Shadows

Smash Champion
Also I forgot to add Violence was originally in that pool but since they had Westballz and I(we play all the time) in the same pool violence and I just switched pools. No offense to violence but I think jonny would have made it out.

:phone:

adechrist

Smash Cadet
Hey, Oregon smashers! My name's Adam and I'm from Eugene. Just wanted to say I think the Eugene crowd deserves more credit. I really think some of our players are good enough to be on the PR. We've only been to a few tournaments though.

I got 5th at Big City Gaming 2. I lost to Zelgadis and Eggz
Sam got 7th and lost to Eggz and Cat Physician. Results: http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=11630

I got 9th at BestBout 9. I lost to Jonny and Juce
Sam got 13th and lost to C!z and me. Results: http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=11596

Sam also got 9th at Big City Gaming 1. He lost to Eggz and Cat Physician(I think) I didn't do well in this one cause some family issues came up so I had to leave.

My friend Oliver(wqqqqwrt) is improving. I think he's now better than Sam, and about as good as me. He's probably good enough to be in the PR, he just needs to prove it in tournament. Sam and Oliver don't have the results yet to prove that they belong in the PR, but I'm confident they will soon. I think my results show that I could be in the PR. I've placed as well as and/or better than people on the PR in both tournaments I've gone to. Though I do understand 2 tournaments isn't a lot to go off of so I really don't deserve to be on the PR. Especially since I haven't got to play anyone from the lower half of the PR in tournament. Anyway, I'm mainly just posting this to get our names out there. There aren't many Eugene people on the boards so we're under represented.

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
Hmmm, I don't think I have played you before, but the only tournament I have been to with you was BCG 1. I'll do my best to make it to BCG 3 and we should play some games :)

JonnyW

Smash Ace
Hey, Oregon smashers! My name's Adam and I'm from Eugene. Just wanted to say I think the Eugene crowd deserves more credit. I really think some of our players are good enough to be on the PR. We've only been to a few tournaments though.

I got 5th at Big City Gaming 2. I lost to Zelgadis and Eggz
Sam got 7th and lost to Eggz and Cat Physician. Results: http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=11630

I got 9th at BestBout 9. I lost to Jonny and Juce
Sam got 13th and lost to C!z and me. Results: http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=11596

Sam also got 9th at Big City Gaming 1. He lost to Eggz and Cat Physician(I think) I didn't do well in this one cause some family issues came up so I had to leave.
To prove your guys are good enough you gotta beat me (or other peeps on the PR) in Money Matches or tournament bracket. So far I haven't seen you guys beat anyone in the PR so theres no evidence you guys should be on it. Not saying your not good enough or anything just saying I would have no argument to put you guys on it. From the little ive played you I can only really say I think you MIGHT break 10th but I dont think all of you could be included (I could really only see one of you breaking it).

Most importantly you guys need tourney results. We honestly can't just put you on cause you think your good enough. From the tourney results at BCG 2 I see Sam only beat people from Eugene (No one on our PR) and he only beat two people altogether (Austin and Spicy). Same with you Adam. You only beat people from Eugene (Jarod, Austin, Keith, and Tasty). All those people are randoms to people on the PR pretty much. Same exact thing with BestBout for you guys. You only beat people who weren't on the PR.
I played Oliver in bracket and 4 stocked him, so it wasn't a very good showing for him at BCG.

adechrist

Smash Cadet
Hmmm, I don't think I have played you before, but the only tournament I have been to with you was BCG 1. I'll do my best to make it to BCG 3 and we should play some games :)
I'd love to play some games. You play falcon right? I need a lot of practice at that matchup. Im terrible vs Falcon lol. Also you're from Corvallis? I heard you guys were interested in a crew battle...

Also Jonny, Oliver has gotten a lot better since then. It's pretty impressive.
I think I can easily get the 10th spot. Hopefully more people from the PR show up. I wanna prove myself.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
I'm going to echo Jonny's post.
Establish your PR based on who someone plays against, not what place they take overall.
(Additional details about the match also help shed light on the situation, such as the difference between going 2-0 against someone and having close matches or going 2-0 against someone and getting 4-stocked both times).
For me it definitely already is... I say results and I mean a bracket I can look at and see who played who.

JonnyW

Smash Ace
I'd love to play some games. You play falcon right? I need a lot of practice at that matchup. Im terrible vs Falcon lol. Also you're from Corvallis? I heard you guys were interested in a crew battle...

I think I can easily get the 10th spot. Hopefully more people from the PR show up. I wanna prove myself.
Since then? haha that was two weeks ago literally. Ive gotten better since then too :)

adechrist

Smash Cadet
Since then? haha that was two weeks ago literally. Ive gotten better since then too :)
Yeah, it's like he had all the pieces and he just figured out how to put them all together. Maybe it's just vs me. We'll see soon enough.
Also, your signature is sick!

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I think the Eugene players have potential to make it onto the PR, but the rankings are based on tournament performance. More importantly it isn't your losses but your victories that show your strength.

We've got BestBout on the 2nd week of April and BCG3 coming up on the 28th, so there are two opportunities to get some wins under your belt and a lot of time to practice up. :D

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
I think the Eugene players have potential to make it onto the PR, but the rankings are based on tournament performance. More importantly it isn't your losses but your victories that show your strength.

We've got BestBout on the 2nd week of April and BCG3 coming up on the 28th, so there are two opportunities to get some wins under your belt and a lot of time to practice up. :D
So is BCG going to be a regular thing now? And what was melee like last time? I couldn't come. I will plan on regularly making this trip if it will be as good as it was the first time I came down. That **** was bomb.

AlienAllen

Smash Ace

Yeah I play Falcon all day :) I still need a little practice in the matchup, but I got a lot better playing Jonny and other Falcon mains at NWM. If you guys are as good as you say you are, this crew battle should be pretty intense. Corvallis only has two players on the PR, Bird and myself.

wqqqqwrt

Smash Cadet
Yo I would rather not make an appearance so soon, but all I'm saying is idk about PR. If some random dumps on you in the future, ya better know the name. But in seriousness, I would rather not be elected on PR if there is any question about my skill. It would make me feel uncomfortable if I was placed somewhere without it being obvious that I should be there. In my opinion, it's not obvious and won't be for a while (hoping for just a little bit longer). I do value the spirit of competition more than anything else. Also I'm really sad that CatManDo is moving away because last time we played we had a close set and I told him I would **** him next time we played. Unfortunately we wight not play.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
So is BCG going to be a regular thing now? And what was melee like last time? I couldn't come. I will plan on regularly making this trip if it will be as good as it was the first time I came down. That **** was bomb.
It's become a regular thing since the first BCG because everyone is enjoying it. BCG2 had fewer attendees overall than the first one, but it was probably due to the 2-week heads up we gave everyone ... that and the fact that it was Finals Week.

There was still a decent Melee turnout to BCG2 (you can check it out here) but BCG3 will likely be much better considering it will be advertised plenty in advance. We already have a good number attending, and that's just the regulars from Smashboards and AiB that I'm looking at.

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
I will definitely be going to BCG3, and I will try my best to get Corvallis to come(half of them are lazy *cough*kazuki*)

Mr Postman

Smash Journeyman
Yo I would rather not make an appearance so soon, but all I'm saying is idk about PR. If some random dumps on you in the future, ya better know the name. But in seriousness, I would rather not be elected on PR if there is any question about my skill. It would make me feel uncomfortable if I was placed somewhere without it being obvious that I should be there. In my opinion, it's not obvious and won't be for a while (hoping for just a little bit longer). I do value the spirit of competition more than anything else. Also I'm really sad that CatManDo is moving away because last time we played we had a close set and I told him I would **** him next time we played. Unfortunately we wight not play.
Who is this?

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
Oh ok yeah keep it up, it's not too much of a long shot for you guys to get on the PR if you really want to. But you'd probably need to go to all the monthly best bouts

:phone:

Binx

Smash Master
I think I might secondary pikachu instead of mario, even though pikachu is worse in all of my trouble match ups, actually I don't even know if I have bad matchups anymore, but pikachu is fun as hell so I'm gonna style on fools with him.

Drunk *** angry Irish pikachu here I come.

linkisthebest123

Smash Journeyman
WTF how am I not on most improved?
/mad

My list.

1. Eggz
2. Zelgadis
3. Jonny
4. Foos
5. Juce
Top 5. Thats easy. Honestly anyone who thinks otherwise is full of themselves and/or delusional (just so everyone knows, top 5 can be switched around)
6. Ratking
7. Binx
8. Bird
9. Alien
10. Brick (me)

Hate to say this Ratking, but I feel you seriously overhype yourself. Along with ****ard/Ryan. I still think both Bird and Alien are better players than me. I just play a gay ****ing character. Binx could be moved down due to the fact he hasn't been placing well recently, but yeah. You guys severely under rank Corvallis. Gage would be contending for top 5 if he was on this as well, but he doesn't play singles. Also Cat is no longer in OR so he shouldn't be ranked here anymore (sorry dude :( )

Probably won't be back on for a while, but seriously, so much silly stuff going on with PR's lately. I don't even care if I'm top 10, I like consistently beating 4-5 of them in tournament/mm's. See ya at best bout ya'll.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
I lawled so hard at that name ^ anyway I'm gonna go into detail about making a top 10 list so people like linkisthebest123 understand it's ok brick still <3 you.

1) Shane: Everyone knows without a doubt he is number 1

2) Jonny: I know in my previous list I had Jesse above him but rethinking it Jonny has beaten him in bracket everytime they've met in the last few tournaments yeah Jesse placed higher than him at NWM but Jesse also wouldn't have made it out of Jonny's pool.

3) Jesse: While him myself and Jonny are close imo he has beaten me and preformed better than myself and has also beat better oppenents than me in bracket. I can only beat Jesse when I'm at the top of my game which is not that often I guess.

4) Kyle: I also put kyle above me because we tied at NWM but he has beat me more recently than I've beat him he also beats people that I'm going to place lower that I sometimes lose too.

5) Myself: I place myself at 5 for now I seem to have reverted back to slump mode trying out new stuff all the time instead of just going with what works. I'll get back up to top 3 next update.

6) Binx: He has beat me a few times recently at bestbouts and almost beat kyle a few times. Imo with how he's been preforming lately he fills this spot perfectly if he starts to be gay and wobble I could see him making a big jump up.

7) Ryan: He has beat the people below him at least in performance I don't remember off the top of my head if he has played Allen, Bird, or Brick in tournament but I know he has improved a lot to the point were in my opinion could easily move up another few spots.

8) Cat: Even though he has moved away he still went to almost every tournament if not every single tournament during the ranking period I feel he deserves a spot on the top ten atleast honorary mention.

9) Allen: Placing him here due to his consistency. I watched his matches closely at NWM at least his pools matches and he has a level of skill and consistency over 8-10 if Bird played at his best all the time I'd place him above Allen but that's super hard to do as falco.

10) Bird: ^

If you noticed I didn't put Trebor on this list but I put Cat on I'll explain, as much as I like Trebor I can't help but from a pr stand point to consider him norcal temporarily living in OR. While cat has been apart of our scene for what seems to be like a year pretty sure he's been to all the best bout monthlies except for maybe the first one. So that is my only reason for putting Cat on the list and not Trebor.

If everyone is ok with this list I vote we just update with this and not waste smash time on it on wednesday. I know some people are gonna say Jesse over Jonny but Jonny and I have talked to Jesse about it even Jesse says Jonny should be above him so =P

linkisthebest123

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I'm gonna post the past few tournaments and ask again, why is Ryan ranked so high when he hasn't done really anything? I hate to do this, because I like Ryan a lot, but I don't like it when people have such a huge bias.

I'm gonna post the results since January of Bird, Alien, Ryan, and I, then maybe someone can explain if I'm missing tournaments, or why I'm wrong.
Best bout 7:
Ryan
Winners' bracket
Defeated ****ard
Lost to Ratking
Losers' bracket
Lost to Brick
Overall placing: 9/16

Brick
Winners' bracket
Lost to Jonny
Losers' bracket
Defeated Jeffery
Defeated Ryan
Lost to FoosJr
Overall placing: 7/16

Best Bout 8:
Ryan
Winners' bracket
Defeated ****ard
Lost to Juce
Losers' bracket
Bye
Lost to Foos
Overall placing: 7/11

Lost 6
Ryan
Winners' bracket
Bye
Lost to Juce
Losers' bracket
Bye
Lost to THC+
Overall placing: 13/20

BCG:
Ryan
Winners' bracket
Defeated Phil Nye the Science Guy
Lost to Foos
Losers' bracket
Lost to Panda
Overall placing: 17/27

Alien
Winners' bracket
Bye
Defeated Spicy
Lost to Eggz
Losers' bracket
Lost to Bird
Overall placing: 9/27

Bird
Winners' bracket
Defeated MrPostman
Lost to catficien\\\\\
Losers' bracket
Defeated ****ard
Defeated vox
Defeated AlienAllen
Lost to Foos
Overall placing: 7/27

Brick
Winners' bracket
Defeated ****ard
Defeated Adam
Lost to Juce
Losers' bracket
Defeated Ratking
Defeated catficien\\\\\
Lost to Kakkarot (SSJ4)
Overall placing: 5/27

Best bout 9:
Ryan
Winners' bracket
Defeated Jarod
Lost to Zelgadis
Losers' bracket
Defeated WQQQQWRT
Defeated Catphysician
Lost to Jonny WIN
Overall placing: 9/28

Northwest Manifest Pools: placed 2nd
Ryan: Beat a bunch of randoms+WA's jigglypuff, who is hardly anything less than a Random. Lost to shoyo (idk how close it was), who in two mms I took to last game last hit. (Unfortunately, I'm bad and didn't win either, so I guess it doesn't really matter).

Brick: Placed 3rd
Only noteable win was against Drunk Eggz, which I don't count as much, but lost to T-Iceman and Tafokins, who were both extremely close sets.

Alien: placed 2nd
Beat Gimpyfish, lost to S2J, has best gentleman's according to Scar.

Bird: Placed 3rd
Lost to C!z and Sion, both very good players,
also Beat Kamaji/Master C, who for some reason I think they are good because I've heard of them before. (correct me if I'm wrong).

Bracket:
Ryan: Beat Violence and Krynxe, lost to tafokins/toph, placed 25th.

Bird: Lost to chip and J666 (Both people beat jonny) Placed 33rd
Brick: Lost to Daze (I'm bad I shouldn't have, but no johns.) and T-Iceman (Both who beat Ratking) placed 33rd

Alien: Lost to toph (Beat Ryan) and Li Jia Xing (IDK who this is) Placed 33rd.

According to this, Ryan has only outplaced all of corvallis once when we've been at the same tournament, and this was in a tournament that had some bufu in it. (Kinda silly pools/bracket placements). The only person on PR he has beaten is Cat, (I've beaten Cat AND Ratking, while coming super close to also beating Juce). So am I missing anything? Why is Ryan placed so high? Because he attends every tournament in Portland? Okay. Thats fair.

Top Bottom