• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon PR! updated 10/17/2014

JonnyW

Smash Ace
Yeah, you were playing like you never stopped - plus with those hand-off chaingrabs. You'd need a strong, consistent tournament record to be placed above jonny and Foos though, IMO, with their crazy good results lately.

Is there gonna be an update right after manifest?

:phone:

Pretty sure, thats what Foos said. I think Ratking wants to update too.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
Pretty sure, thats what Foos said. I think Ratking wants to update too.
Yeah, we said we would so inactive drops could get back on if they wanted. **** will be based off of both Eugene tournaments, LOST, March Best Bout, a little bit off Gameclucks from March for those that went, and since a lot of us are going to Manifest, that as well. If I am forgetting a major tournament since 2/16, then that is included also.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
Yup we're gonna be updating after manifest for multiple reasons. So everyone going to manifest bring your A game! I wanna see some people from oregon get high in the brackets.

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
Yeah it's hard to not get discouraged from not making it in bracket. But some pools had only a couple good players and some had more than 3. I know that in mine there were 3 people who were just plain better than me so I had no chance to begin with.

JonnyW

Smash Ace
Yeah it's hard to not get discouraged from not making it in bracket. But some pools had only a couple good players and some had more than 3. I know that in mine there were 3 people who were just plain better than me so I had no chance to begin with.
Caaaat whats the plan for tomorrow?

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
We were talking in my carpool about hanging out at a bar but that probably won't work because how will everyone get home? Plus I gotta wake up early on Wednesday to do some last minute stuff before leaving. I guess we could try just having a smashfest somewhere.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
For anyone interested, kaylee's smashfest starts tonight at five at her place. Dunno where that is. Ask jesse.

What a coincidence Cat, I leave for nevada on wednesday too!

Binx

Smash Master
Wad what did I say to that girl? I was trying to tell my GF the story and couldn't remember the wording you used that I played off of

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
You said that I should ask ther girl out because she likes me, I said I would probably never see her again, and you said that she should have sex with me and I don't remember what I said to that. Apart from that I don't remember any wording of the conversation. I don't have a good enough short term memory to absorb everything well enough. Kinda regretting that I didn't just get her number. I don't know if I would have followed up or anything, but it would have been nice to have the option.

Binx

Smash Master
haha, oh well man I swear women flock to you so no big deal, just get every other girls number and you should have no problems.

Also **** wednesday everyone is leaving T.T

Infinitora

Smash Journeyman
It's because of his guns from lifting those tvs everywhere. I once saw Tyler working out at the OSU track, he had tvs strapped to his wrists and ankles for resistance training. I heard his hair wasn't that gold until he emerged from the hyperbolic time chamber with that intense 600x tv training.

JonnyW

Smash Ace
We were talking in my carpool about hanging out at a bar but that probably won't work because how will everyone get home? Plus I gotta wake up early on Wednesday to do some last minute stuff before leaving. I guess we could try just having a smashfest somewhere.
Im to young to go to a bar :( We should do goodbye smashing at Zacks or Ryans house. I need to pick up my sunglasses anyway.

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
I don't know how we are going to do this, but here is my list. Let's start some discussion.

1) Eggz
2) Juce
3) Jonny
4) Foos
5) Ratking
6) Binx
7) Ryan
8) Alien
9) Bird
10) Brick

Note: Didn't include Cat because he is leaving but he would most likely be around 8 or 9. I also want to note that in my opinion 7-10 are all extremely close in skill level.

JonnyW

Smash Ace
1.Eggz
2.Me
3.Juce
4.Ratking
5.Foos
6.Binx
7.Cat
8.Ryanaldo
9.Alien
10.Bird

****ard and Brick are extremely close and I wanna see them duke it for serious sometime. Cat should be on this update cause he went to all the tournies. Just my opinion.

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
Just curious, why do you put Ratking above Foos?

Also, I am fine with putting Cat on the PR, I would put him just above myself.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
1) Eggz
2) Juce
3) Jonny
4/5) Foos/Ratking
6) Ryan
7) Cat
8) Binx
9) Alien
10) Brick

Mine is pretty similar to Allen's. Prior to Manifest I was gonna end up giving Jonny 2, but then that Eugene tournament Jesse got 2nd, and Manifest he was the highest placing non-Eggz Oregonian; Jesse stepped it up back to his normal self so I went with him; while Jonny kinda pooped the bed at Manifest.

Me and Foos is close in my eyes. Ultimately doesn't matter. Over the last month I beat him the times we have faced each other in tournament. We had the same results at manifest, generally lose to similar people in Oregon (I think he beats Jonny and I don't, but I beat him.).

Putting Ryan at 6 for the time being, he might be getting switched to 7. Generally over the last month, and especially at Manifest though, he REALLY impressed me. Really stoked on how good he is getting, and hope he doesn't quit when Jonny does (seeing as they mostly play together or whatever.).

Keeping Cat where I had him in my pre-Manifest list. He didn't make it out of pools, while 2/3 people below him did. His results have been really pretty solid the last month though. Also he has been working really hard for his final placement on the Oregon PR, He was in attendance at all tournaments in this update period, and wont become inactive until the next update, so I am leaving him on, despite him leaving this week.

Binx is 8, there was only 1 Oregon tournament he has results from in the period, and they weren't outstanding. He obviously is still a good player, but he's gotta come through when it counts. Also not breaking pools didn't help show anything else to base his placement on. I think with what he has had to offer in terms of results, 8 is a pretty generous placement.

Allen at 9. Not a lot to say on that. I think it is pretty fair despite all things. Allen did well at Manifest, I think he just needs to get more consistent, and show up more in Oregon, and he will go up for sure.

It was a toss up between Brick and Bird for the 10 spot. I actually wanted to place Brick even higher, but had trouble Justifying it. I think if he shows up though next update period, he will skyrocket if he keeps this **** up. There was a million reasons I wanted to place him higher than 10, but I had a hard time making that judgement call. I think Bird is a better player technically at this point than Brick, and possibly has a better understanding of the game (whatever the **** that means.), but Brick has been able to play his character completely to his advantage, ****ing up, and coming close to ****ing up, most of the players in the 1-5 spots at some point in time. Bird hasn't really come close to accomplishing some of the **** Brick has, even though from playing them both, I feel like Bird has a better handle on the game than Brick, Brick has the results to say otherwise.

I will post more detailed argument probably later. I really don't even want to think about melee until the next tournament though. the last 2 months, and then this weekend have burned me the **** out. Break time is needed to reflect on all I have learned.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
Brick for number 1. Beat Ratking twice, beat Shane knocking him out of pools.
Yep, this is why I want him higher... But he didn't knock shane out of pools. Shane could have still easily made bracket, losing to brick didn't help, but then shane proceeded to lose to the rest of his pool except for Wad and 2-1 with Iceman.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
I don't see how Ryan could be placed higher than Brick. What has Ryan done that Brick hasn't done better other than attendance? I'm just curious, not trying to start anything. Just gotta back my boy up. Especially since he doesn't come here and say anything for himself

FoosJr

Smash Ace
1) Eggz
2) Juce
3) Jonny
4) Ratking
5) Foos
6) Ryan
7) Cat
8) Binx
9) Alien
10) Brick

I agree with kyle's list except I placed myself below him because he has beat me in two tournaments recently and we got he same results at NWM imo he deserves the number 4 spot over me.

Also putting Ryan above Brick because Ryan has better results.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
I don't see how Ryan could be placed higher than Brick. What has Ryan done that Brick hasn't done better other than attendance? I'm just curious, not trying to start anything. Just gotta back my boy up. Especially since he doesn't come here and say anything for himself
Foos just answered it above basically. Ryan has more, and better results. Ryan and Brick also were pretty much the same at NWM. Ryan, also displays a higher level of technical mastery than Brick. And I don't mean this like he is more technical. I think Ryan misses less important *** **** than brick. Brick has shown done extremely well once, and did some good **** this weekend. Ryan has shown where he is at over and over again. Consistent great resuslts > Consistent O.K. results > 1 time great results. It also isn't just the results, but who plays who, which definitely is in Bricks favor, and why I put him around where I did. Brick did great once, and beat some really good people. If it was happening often, or I saw it happening often, then it might be basis for putting him in at eve 5 or something, but how do we know it wasn't just to some degree "lucky" (and I don't mean lucky that he won some match he shouldn't, but that all the right factors aligned for him in a given day to produce such outcomes.)

also, this is why I said I might move Ryan. I haven't looked at the brackets for a bit, so I am going off memory, if memory serves me incorrectly, then I will probably drop him a place or 2. This is just my tentative list.

Oh, also... You were at Eugene with us, which brick and Ryan were at, but there have been so many tournaments since then, which you haven't seen the progression Ryan has made, so all you see are results. That's why the panel failed. Most of the panel wasn't seeing progression accompanied by results, it was just the results.

And I'm not attacking you for not being around like you have suggested in the past. I even said the words "Yeah Gage is tight. I wish he came with us" this weekend... Granted I was high as ****. =)

1)

I agree with kyle's list except I placed myself below him because he has beat me in two tournaments recently and we got he same results at NWM imo he deserves the number 4 spot over me.
Don't count yourself out yet dawg... Unless you already looked at who played who in the 8 million tournaments up to manifest. But yeah, that was my pro me argument, and you agreed... Now what am I supposed to do to promote myself jesus you ****ing coward. :love::love::love:

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
glad I'm growing on you haha. I think if I remember correctly I've been to every Oregon tournament that was coming up to Manifest besides the last BCG. I couldn't go because the carpool was down. So it's not like I haven't been to anything

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
glad I'm growing on you haha. I think if I remember correctly I've been to every Oregon tournament that was coming up to Manifest besides the last BCG. I couldn't go because the carpool was down. So it's not like I haven't been to anything
You werent at Best Bout, or the second Eugene (which you have stated).

I almost threw up once I got back in the venue and realized what I said.

JonnyW

Smash Ace
1) Eggz
2) Juce
3) Jonny
4/5) Foos/Ratking
6) Ryan
7) Cat
8) Binx
9) Alien
10) Brick

Mine is pretty similar to Allen's. Prior to Manifest I was gonna end up giving Jonny 2, but then that Eugene tournament Jesse got 2nd, and Manifest he was the highest placing non-Eggz Oregonian; Jesse stepped it up back to his normal self so I went with him; while Jonny kinda pooped the bed at Manifest.
I pooped the bed at manifest? thats a funny way to put it. I had the hardest Pool next to Cat and I dont think anyone would have made it out of honestly. Even Jessie. Not trying to start anything but I think that If I had anyone elses Pool from OR I would have def got out no problem. Do you guys know the people I lost to?
J666 got 17th - Same as Juce. Chip got 13th AND beat Lovage. Bladewise got 13th hes really good of course. Does anyone think they would make it out of that? I was literally one hit from beating Chip and knocking him out. I dont think that the fact I didn't make it out of pools should negatively effect me while some people got ******** easy pools (LIKE EGGZ and BRICK ZOMG.)

I still played well in semi-important matches I played. I almost beat Shoyo in a MM (It was last game last stock 100 percent etc. etc.) I beat Noobking in a 3/5 MM.

As to losing for Jessie in Eugene that shouldn't even matter, I still have more set wins over him im pretty sure. AND if you ask him he'll say I should have won that set (The setup we had didn't have my counter-pick so on the last game I just said **** it and went to FD instead of KJ64). ANNNND i won him in a MM literally 5 minutes after our set.

Don't mean to come off as a **** or anything, just trying to make an argument for my list ya know.

Brick for number 1. Beat Ratking twice, beat Shane knocking him out of pools, barely lost to Jesse because of a missed rest.
I beat Shane in a GF set when he WASN'T drunk, wheres my credit? Pretty sure im the only one whos taken a set off of him while he wasn't intoxicated. I think the only other peeps who have taken a set off of Shane at all are Foos and Brick.

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
I completely agree with Jonny.

Jonny's Pool:
Chip (13th place)
Bladewise(13th place)
J666(17th place)

Good luck getting out of that pool. Had he gotten out of pools he basically would have placed 17th in the bracket.

I'm basing my results more on playing people than tournament placings. Jesse and Jonny is really a toss up in my opinion because they are both really really good.

EDIT!
I also want to post this for clarification, this is just my opinion.

1) Eggz

2/3) Juce/Jonny

4/5) Foos/Ratking

6/7/8/9/10) Binx/Ryan/Cat/Alien/Bird/Brick (I realize there is an extra person)

This is how I see the skill gap right now. I think Eggz is pretty clearly the best, follow by Juce and Jonny. Then Foos and Ratking are pretty close, and then there is a cluster**** for 6-10. I also might even put Binx close to Foos and Ratking because he's pretty dang good.

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
I'll make a list later. I'm fine with where people are voting me but I agree with Jonny, there's no way us not making it out of pools should affect our ranking. Mine was equally impossible for me to make it out of - Dr. peepee (1st) vish (17th) and sung (17th). I can't beat those dudes any day of the week, so we learned nothing new about my skill level from this tournament.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
To be fair, Shane was actually like 6 beers deep when you played him that tournament haha. Still beating tipsy/drunk Shane isn't easy for anybody in Oregon, so that still means something

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
I'll make a list later. I'm fine with where people are voting me but I agree with Jonny, there's no way us not making it out of pools should affect our ranking. Mine was equally impossible for me to make it out of - Dr. peepee (1st) vish (17th) and sung (17th). I can't beat those dudes any day of the week, so we learned nothing new about my skill level from this tournament.
I learned something from money matching you. I learned that you have improved to the point of being better than I am.

Top Bottom