• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Orange Star's Keet CO - Advance Wars' Andy for SSB4

Which series icon seems better to represent Advance Wars?

• Orange Star's insignia

Votes: 15 13.8%
  • Advance War series' wrench

Votes: 94 86.2%

• Total voters

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Alright, so I've decided at this point to just go with the wrench.

Could somebody tell me how to remove a poll in case I'd like to run a different poll in the future? Or does that not work in these forums? I don't see an option to close the poll, so I'm assuming it's the latter.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Would love to see this guy make it in, so here's a moveset!

The playstyle I would imagine Andy to be would be a summon-heavy moveset where he would call upon units from the Advance Wars series.

B: Summon Infantry/Tank. This is a chargeable attack in which Andy builds stacks which can be consumed to call units onto the battlefield, Andy can hold up to five stacks. Andy can summon Infantry, Mechs, Tanks, and Medium Tanks with a random probability (Infantry have the highest %, Mechs have the second highest %, Tanks have the third highest %, and Medium Tanks have the lowest %). These would be similar to how his Assist Trophy utilized units except larger (The stacks only affect his Neutral Special).

Infantry: Walks forward a distance toward an enemy while firing off rounds.

Mech: Trudges slowly across the battlefield and fires a missile that travels a distance in front of it.
Tanks: Moves a distance in front of Andy and can fire off rounds and missiles simultaneously.
Medium Tank: An upgraded tank that is slightly larger and deals more damage.

B>: Scouting Unit. Andy sends off one fast unit that travels across the ground attempting to run over enemies while shooting if possible. The possible options are Recon, APC, and Motorbike with the Recon and Motorbike having an equal chance to appear while the APC has a very low chance of appearing.

Recon: Travels across the ground while firing off rounds.

Motorbike: Appearing in Days of Ruin the Motorbike travels faster than the Recon but deals less damage. Because it travels faster it also has less time to fire off rounds.

APC: This unit has a very small chance of appearing but spawns two Infantry, Mechs, or one of each upon impact or after it travels a certain distance. This unit does not immediately disappear and can be 'picked up' by Andy to restore health after it stops traveling.

Bv: Stationary Unit. Andy places a stationary unit at random down in front of him, these units have a long firing distance and have an equal chance of appearing. Their effects alter slightly depending on the unit, Andy can have two of these down at once. If there is an enemy nearby they will attempt to lock in on the target.

Artillery. Fires off one large round at a time at an arc that deals explosive damage.

Rockets. Fires off a salvo of missiles that each deal a light amount of damage. These missiles will travel a straight path.

Missiles. Fires off two homing missiles, prioritizes enemies in the air.

B^: Air Unit. Andy enters either a Battle Copter or Transport Copter which he uses as a recovery. This will function similarly to Snake's B^ in terms of directional control.

Transport Copter. If Andy lands the Transport Copter on the ground one random infantry unit will accompany him as he steps out.

Battle Copter. Andy automatically begins to fire off rounds at a 45 degree angle below him.

Final Smash: Hyper Upgrade, what else? A cutscene will occur in which Andy first calls upon his most advanced units being the Neotank, MegaTank, Bomber, Cruisers, Fighters, and Battleship with the Battleships and Cruisers appearing in the foreground in a body of 32-bit water. Andy also summons a variety of his already usable units to assist him in the battlefield. All units will have their firepower increased by 30% and enjoy faster movement and longer traveling distance unless it's a stationary unit. All units will also appear randomly around Andy unless they're Bombers, Fighters, Battleships, or Cruisers (Transport Copters are excluded in this attack).

Neotank. Travels fast along the ground and fires off its Neocannon dealing significant damage.

Megatank. Travels slowly along the ground but fires off large salvos that deal huge damage. Enemies who touch this tank are also dealt significant damage.

Bombers. These fly inwards towards the middle from both ends of the screen dropping off a salvo of highly explosive bombs below them.

Battleships. These units appear in the foreground on 32 bit water firing off into the stage dealing significant damage.

Cruiser. Along with the Battleships these will also appear on the foreground floating across 32 bit water while firing into the stage. Cruisers can unload rounds faster than Battleships but deal less damage.

Fighter. Similar to Bombers these will fly toward the stage by appearing at opposite ends. They will fire off rounds in front of them and will attempt to lock onto targets in the air.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Could somebody tell me how to remove a poll in case I'd like to run a different poll in the future? Or does that not work in these forums? I don't see an option to close the poll, so I'm assuming it's the latter.
AFAIK I can close this poll, but can't replace it with another. Sorry.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Would love to see this guy make it in, so here's a moveset!
Very nice! I'll add this to the OP immediately! And don't you think I'll let someone who takes the time to build a moveset featuring pretty pictures is going to leave this place alive without being added as support. You've been drafted right up into support.
AFAIK I can close this poll, but can't replace it with another. Sorry.
Ah, that's unfortunate. May as well leave it up then so people can see the consensus that the wrench is preferred over the star in a box.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Thank you, I'll add this to the OP.

By the way, can anyone help me think of some victory taunts Andy could have? With the amount of times he strikes a victorious pose or otherwise happy one-liner in my moveset, I'm hard-pressed to coming up with something that isn't just a reiteration of his moveset.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
For a taunt....

Remember Dr. Mario's taunt in Melee? Andy could do the same with a wrench... (forgive my lack of imagination.)

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
For a taunt....

Remember Dr. Mario's taunt in Melee? Andy could do the same with a wrench... (forgive my lack of imagination.)
By the way, can anyone help me think of some victory taunts Andy could have?
Sorry if I wasn't more clear. I'm referring to those things characters do on the results screen. I have regular taunts covered already, I just need ideas for what Andy would do in victory without striking his Hyper Repair pose for the fourth time.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Yes! I hope a lot of new franchises are added just to show what variety nintendo has, boost their popularity, end the stupid 'no new ip' argument, and give deserving series a chance to shine.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Yes! I hope a lot of new franchises are added just to show what variety nintendo has, boost their popularity, end the stupid 'no new ip' argument, and give deserving series a chance to shine.
I'm not familiar with this "no new ip" argument you speak of, especially considering how all of SSB4's current newcomers are new IPs themselves, as well as that a couple of highly requested newcomers like Little Mac and Isaac are new IPs themselves.

Shall I add you as support?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I want Sami over Andy, but the important thing is that AW gets a rep.
Love both character.

I made an AW Stage for ye:

Hazards:
Bombers randomly attack the boat, the Cannons fire once in a while, and sometimes a Submarine attacks the boat making it shake.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I want Sami over Andy, but the important thing is that AW gets a rep.
Love both character.

I made an AW Stage for ye:

Hazards:
Bombers randomly attack the boat, the Cannons fire once in a while, and sometimes a Submarine attacks the boat making it shake.
Very nice. Advance Wars would certainly have some interesting stages if it ever got a rep., that much is for sure. I do like the stage, but I think it's better to keep apples away from oranges. This is a character support thread, after all. Unless the stage was directly correlated to Andy like being Orange Star's HQ, I don't think it has a place on the OP.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
The stage is located in the waters just outside a port that belongs to the Orange Star's HQ.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Yeah, I think Advance Wars also should be more promoted in the newest game, a character I would say Andy too. And if not, then a Stage is at it's best, 3DS Exclusive is most likley, thinking that the stage has been on the Handheld console for a long time.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Yeah, I think Advance Wars also should be more promoted in the newest game, a character I would say Andy too. And if not, then a Stage is at it's best, 3DS Exclusive is most likley, thinking that the stage has been on the Handheld console for a long time.
I think it's very likely that we'll get an Advance Wars stage on the 3DS version. It'd certainly have room to be unique, at least.

Are you saying you support Andy, Crap-Zapper?

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Yeah I support Andy. Advance Wars does need to shine more in the Smash Universe. So count me in Robert.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I'm not familiar with this "no new ip" argument you speak of, especially considering how all of SSB4's current newcomers are new IPs themselves, as well as that a couple of highly requested newcomers like Little Mac and Isaac are new IPs themselves.

Shall I add you as support?
Thats what I mean. I hope new newcomers from new IPs get in because a lot of people claim Nintendo just recycles stuff. (Little mac/punch out is not really a new IP it was just rebooted.) Also people requesting those types of characters aren't usually the people making those claims.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Special neutral: Capture - Andy can go to anywhere on the stage and capture part of it. That means that a generic but small building would rise differentiate by her palette color. It would do minimal damage but mainly it could be used as a platform. Different Andys can't capture different buildings other than their own.He can do up to 2. Can be destroyed by opponents.
This is an interesting thought.

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
Andy is one of the characters I'm desperate to see get in. Advance Wars is a big series in it's own right, but people often forget it's part of the Wars series which has 12 games and has been around since 1988. In my book that makes the series very deserving of a rep.

A few people have mentioned Sami, I've seen Will (aka Ed) mentioned elsewhere too, but I think it's Andy or bust. Andy is clearly the face of the series, he's the Wars character that is most recognised.

Here's a moveset I made for him back in April in the Advance Wars Series Reps thread:
[collapse=moveset]
Andy – Wars series
I’ve tried to base Andy's moveset around units used in the game since that’s what everyone remembers Nintendo Wars for. I’ve given the units a sort of 'stamina' system to add an element of strategy to using Andy's special moves, much like how choosing when and how to use your units is an important part of Advance Wars. Since guns are apparently a no-go I’ve avoided using them in this set. His A moves, Smashes and grabs will be normal attacks where he uses his body like any other character (as well as his spanner).

B – Neo Tank

Andy will summon a Neo Tank which will drop down out of nowhere in front of him. The Neo Tank will have A.I. which will go after Andy’s opponents. It can move left and right and can reach higher platforms by hovering. Its cannon can shoot in any direction bar directly downwards. The tank is slow but powerful.

Like his other two vehicles the Neo Tank will break down if it takes too much damage or runs out of fuel. Due to being heavily armoured the Neo Tank can take a lot of hits before it breaks down, however it runs out of fuel fairly fast, so retreating it when you don’t need it and bringing it back out later when you do is a good idea since you’ll conserve fuel. To retreat the Neo Tank simply press B again when Andy is standing next to it. If it does break down it’ll turn into a useless pile of debris on the stage and Andy must use his Down B to get it running again, this however is risky since it takes a while for Andy to repair it, and he’s vulnerable to attacks whilst doing so. If the tank falls off the stage then Andy can’t use it again for the rest of the fight. Only one tank can be summoned at a time.

Basically the Neo Tank will be a CPU character fighting for you while it's on the stage and operational.

B Up – Transport Copter

A transport helicopter will appear above Andy who will grab onto it and be lifted into the sky. Andy can have the copter move left and right when he’s latched onto it and can then jump off it to safety when he chooses. Once Andy is off the copter it’ll fly up and off the screen and it cannot be re-summoned until it has left the screen. If any characters get caught by the copter’s blades then they’ll take damage. The copter can be attacked, and if it takes enough damage it’ll crash land onto the stage and it cannot be used again until Andy repairs it (thankfully however it takes a fair few hits to be brought down). Like Andy’s other two vehicles it can also run out of fuel, if it runs out of fuel it’ll crash land and Andy will have to repair it, so it’s a good idea to use it sparingly.

See 3:15 of THIS video to see how it'd look.

B Across – Bomber

A bomber plane flies across the top of the screen and carpet bombs some ground in front of Andy. It can be brought down by enemies in only a couple of hits; however since it’s so fast and flies high, hitting it is difficult. If it is brought down then it’ll crash land onto the stage and Andy must repair it to use it again. The same thing will happen if it runs out of fuel. Since this is a very powerful attack it’ll only take a few uses for it to run out of fuel, so again, it’s a good idea to use it sparingly.

B Down – Repair
Any of the vehicles that Andy uses in his specials can break down if they take enough damage. If they do they’ll basically be a useless heap of scrap metal on the stage until Andy repairs them. To repair them simply use B Down next to the debris and Andy will use his spanner to repair it. How long it takes to repair each vehicle varies. The Neo Tank will take a while due to how powerful it is, the transport copter will only take a few seconds because without it Andy has no recovery move making him very vulnerable, and the time it takes to repair the bomber will be somewhere in between. Andy is vulnerable when repairing a vehicle, so sometimes it may be a good idea to let the vehicle stay broken.

I’ve included this move since I wanted to integrate Andy’s main skill, being a mechanic, into his moveset somehow.

Final Smash – CO Powers (Hyper Repair and Hyper Upgrade)
His two CO Powers in one. Hyper Repair restores all of his vehicles to full health and full fuel whether they’re broken down or not. Hyper Upgrade will for a short period of time make Andy immune to knockback, his vehicles immune to damage and the attacks of both him and his vehicles immensely more powerful.

The CO Powers are pretty much the only thing the COs do themselves in the games, so I wanted to integrate his into his moveset.

Stage Entry – APC

An APC (Armoured Transport Carrier) will drive onto the stage and Andy will jump out of the top of it.

Costumes

Default – Orange Star Uniform
Alt. 1 – Blue Moon Uniform
Alt. 2 – Green Earth Uniform
Alt. 3 – Yellow Comet Uniform
Alt. 4 – Black 12th Battalion Uniform (what Will/Ed wears in Days of Ruin/Dark Days)[/collapse]

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Andy is one of the characters I'm desperate to see get in. Advance Wars is a big series in it's own right, but people often forget it's part of the Wars series which has 12 games and has been around since 1988. In my book that makes the series very deserving of a rep.

A few people have mentioned Sami, I've seen Will (aka Ed) mentioned elsewhere too, but I think it's Andy or bust. Andy is clearly the face of the series, he's the Wars character that is most recognised.

Here's a moveset I made for him back in April in the Advance Wars Series Reps thread:
Excellent as always to get another moveset to place on the OP. It really shows what potential Andy has as a playable character despite never haven fought anything himself. I'll add you right on up to support!

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Here you go, Mizta Sakurai:

Roof Top Battle at the Orange Star HQ.
As our heroes duke it out, the building is randomly attacked by Black Hole Air Forces, and you can sometimes hear a distant voice(es) shouting:
"Blizzard", "Typhoon", and "Black Wave", and maybe more.
Obviously there's a great war going on in the background view of the stage.

Blizzard: Olaf activates his CO Power in the horizon, covering the stage as well as the background in snow/ice for for about 20 seconds, which makes the ground slippery.

Typhoon: Drake does his thing, meaning the rain starts crashing down. The rain comes with small hurricanes that can somewhat mess with the players a bit. It last for about 20 seconds.

Black Wave: Hawke activates his CO Power. A weak, red burst o electricity goes through the stage from right to left, or vice versa. it is about as thick as Bowser's height and moves about as fast as Falco's laser, but it deals only around 8% damage with low knockback, sending ppl straight up.

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
I like those ideas for a Wars stage. It sounds like both stages would evoke the feeling that there's an actual battle going on around you as you fight on the stage.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I do think the wars series is deserving of a rep, I do find it a little hard to visualize though. I read the first moveset and honestly it sounds a bit gimmicky....just throwing out tanks and infantry. Would they be like sprites or actual 3d like andy would be. I'll look at a few more movesets.

Edit: I like the idea of andy capturing and making bases rise out of the ground. Maybe he could get a power boost if he's close to one. Likewise he could setup airports or ports...maybe one of his attacks could change depending on the building he's closest too. I.e. sending out planes if he's next to an airport he set up.

I have the first advance wars game on gba, I never played any of the later ones though. Despite not really falling in love with the series I still remember it clearly.

As for the icon, what if they have a wrench with the orange star insignia on it?

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
I do think the wars series is deserving of a rep, I do find it a little hard to visualize though. I read the first moveset and honestly it sounds a bit gimmicky....just throwing out tanks and infantry. Would they be like sprites or actual 3d like andy would be. I'll look at a few more movesets.

Edit: I like the idea of andy capturing and making bases rise out of the ground. Maybe he could get a power boost if he's close to one. Likewise he could setup airports or ports...maybe one of his attacks could change depending on the building he's closest too. I.e. sending out planes if he's next to an airport he set up.

I have the first advance wars game on gba, I never played any of the later ones though. Despite not really falling in love with the series I still remember it clearly.

As for the icon, what if they have a wrench with the orange star insignia on it?
Nothing wrong with a character being gimmicky. Pokemon Trainer, Ice Climbers, Zelda/Shiek, Olimar and Samus/Zero Suit Samus are gimmicky but they're grand and all the better for it IMO. It makes them different, unique, it makes them stand out and bring something a bit different to the game - this is exactly what Andy could do.

As for whether the units would be sprites or full 3D, I don't think that really matters, I could see it working either way.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
So I was not added to the support list yet? hmm.. Should change that haha.
By the way, this looks better for an opening post Robert ;)

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I think N30N will be using that for the banner. At least, she's used that artist's images for some of the banners at least. Either way, when it's done, it'll be the one that stays at the top of the thread. I'd rather just have official artwork in the mean time.

And yes, I'll gladly add you as support.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I remember playing Advance Wars when I was younger, those were good times...

Anyways, you guys convinced me that Andy is a good addition, so consider me a supporter

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Andy - Advance Wars

Playstyle Concept:
Just like in the games, you strive to make good choices - buy, or save cash - advance, or hold ground.
What I mean by that is that Andy uses cash as part of how he fights. At a very slow rate, he earns money during the match.
Every 2 seconds, he earns $1, and when using his Up Taunt, Money Check, the current amount is displayed.
He is able to "capture" (construct) buildings that help him earn money faster, and spend them on tanks/helicopters, etc...
You start a match with $3, and when you get KO'd you lose half of your savings, but your buildings and units remain.
Opponents gets hit by the units' fire or if they bump into them, but Andy only gets hit by their fire, giving him a bit of advantage as he can move through them freely.
His units do everthing they can to not hit their beloved commander with their firearms, though.

Specials

vB: Capture
Andy starts jumping the way soliders do when they capture buildings in AW.
This move is chargable in the same way as Samus' Charge Shot. However, the charge takes a bit longer than Samus', and you must be fully charged to be able to "fire".
When "firing" the move, Andy places a square-shaped building the size of Electrode on the ground that has his palette colors.
This building has around 40 HP, and it takes damage in a similar way to the statues on Castle Siege, and it is damaged by all type of attacks that doesn't involve a wrench, making it look more and more crumbling.
If attacked by a move involving a wrench, it gains HP instead until it has its full 40 HP, looking new again. If destroyed, Andy must charge up again to capture/summon a new building.
The Main Purpose of the building is that it boosts Andy's income. He gets an additional $1 per every 2 seconds when he has a building in play.
The cool part is that you have have up to 3 buildings in play, which boosts his income greatly.

Capture also does 2% damage to anyone by the side of Andy during the jumping, hitting them with a very weak Spike Effect.
The start-up is fast but the range is very poor, so think twice before using it as an attack.

>B: Summon Ground Unit / Sell
Andy summons a Ground Unit infront of him only to have it patrol back and forth between walls/ledges.
The type of unit summoned depends on how much cash your are willing to invest, and you pay different amounts by quickly pressing 1, 2, 3 or 4 times on the B-button.
These units all have their own HP, and look more and more worn out the more damage they've suffered.
But of course Andy can repair them by hitting them with Wrench Moves.
If you press side-B when close to a unit (about the range of Popo & Nana), you can sell it to regain half of its value. However, the less HP it has, the less money you'll get back.
Opponent's can roll through these units, and only one unit in this category can be in play at any time.

Mini Tank: $3 - Press B once.
A small tank the size of a Soccer Ball starts patrolling at the speed of Samus' homing missile. It fires its cannon every 2 seconds i the enemy is infront of it, doing 4% damage, sending ppl up and away with very low knockback.
When it bumps into ppl, it does 2% damage with low knockback, sending the foe away.
The Mini Tank has 15 HP. Its pellet (projectile) moves at the speed of Falco's laser with a range about half of Final Destination.

Anti-Air Tank: $6 - Press B twice.
An Anti-Air Tank slighty bigger than his Mini Tank starts patrolling at a slightly slower speed than Samus' homing missile.
It fires its dual Anti-Air Cannon every 2 seconds, doing 6% damage and sends ppl up and away with low knockback.
When bumping into an enemy, it does 4% damage and sends the foe up and away with low/med knockback.
It has 35 HP, and its projectile moves at the speed of Falco's laser with a range about half of Final Destination.
This unit can also angle its cannon 45 degrees up, and will prioritize Air Units in a Andy Vs Andy Battle.

Medium Tank: $18 - Press B x3.
A Tank the size of Wario starts patrolling the stage at the speed of Ganon's Walk. It fires its cannon every 3 seconds, doing 10% damage and sends the opponent up and away with medium knockback, killing at around 160%.
The range of the cannon is 2/3 of Final Destination and the projectile moves at a speed similar to Ganon's Dash before disappearing.
When bumping into the opponent, it does 9% damage, sending the foe up and away with medium knockback, killing at around 170%
The Medium Tank comes with 55 HP, and it has the strongest "tackle" in its category.

Mega tank: $ 40 - Press B x4.
Here comes the Mega Tank. It is the size of Bowser and will patrol the stage at Jigglypuff's slowest Rollout-speed.
It fires its huge cannon every 4 seconds, however, the projectile is so heavy that it drops to the ground quickly, giving it about the same range as Peach's turnips.
The shot does 18% damage and sends the opponent up and away with high knockback, killing at around 80%, and its Travel Speed is slightly faster than Ganon's Dash.
Unlike the other Tanks' projectiles, this shot explodes - the radius similar to Snake's C4.
If it bumps into an opponent it does 5% damage and sends them away with low knockback, killing at around 230%.
The Mega Tank has 80 HP.

^B: Summon Air Unit / Sell
Andy summons a Transport Helicopter for recovery, or calls in an aerial unit that patrols back and forth between the east and west Blast Zones.
The type of unit summoned depends on how much cash your are willing to invest, and you pay different amounts by quickly pressing 1, 2, or 3 times on the B-button.
These units all have their own HP, and look more and more worn out the more damage they've suffered.
But again, Andy can repair them by hitting them with Wrench Moves.
Only one unit in this category can be in play at any time, and the same Sell-rules as in his side-b applies.
Opponent's can avoid beeing "tackled" by Air Units by Air Dodging.

Transport Helicopter: $1 - Press B once.
A Transport helicopter the size of a crouching Dedede quickly appears. Andy grabs on to it and goes up with it to the height of Ike's up-b beore letting go.
It moves at Yoshi's Double Jump Speed, knocks ppl away with low knockback, doing 3% damage, and you can steer it slightly left and right.
When Andy lets go, he can attack or Air Dodge like Snake.
Be warned, though! you can't use it if you've already got another Air Unit in the air.

Battle Helicopter: $5 - Press B twice.
Andy calls in a small helicopter the size of a Soccer Ball. It flies at the height of ZSS' Up-b and at the speed of Samus' homing missile, turning at the Blast Zones.
It sprays 5 pellets every 1 second towards the ground at 45 degrees when near an opponent.
Each pellet does 1% damage with a stun similar to Sheik's needles.
If it bumps into an enemy it does 1% damage and semi-spikes him with very low knockback.
The Battle Helicopter has 20 HP, and it is most effective when Andy time his attacks with its spray.

Bomber: $24 - Press B x3.
Andy calls in a Bomber the size of a crouching Dedede that Carpet Bombs the stage. It flies at the height of Lucarios Final Smash, at slightly slower speed than Samus' homing missile.
When it reaches the Blast Zone(s), it disappears only to come back after around 10 seconds.
The spread of the bombing is 4 bombs on Final Destination. Each bomb do 17% damage, has a Blast radius similar to Snake's C4, and sends ppl straight up with high knockback, killing at around 90%.
The bombs fall as fast as when Link throws a bomb straight down, and the Plane has 50 HP.
Avoiding the bombs is easy for the opponent if Andy or his ground units doesn't attack at the same time.
If it bumps into an opponent it does 14% damage, sendning him straight up, killing at around 110%.
The Bomber comes with 50 HP.

B: Wrench Throw
Andy throws a wrench forward, similar to when Toon Link shoots an arrow without charging.
It does 5% damage and sends the foe away with very low knockback.
Since it's an attack that invloves a wrench, it can help repairing buildings and units.

Final Smash: Hyper Upgrade
Andy strikes a cocky pose as he shouts "Hypeeer Upgrade!".
All buildings and units gets full HP, and their Damage, Speed, knockback, and Fire-rate is doubled for about 20 seconds.
During this time, they can't hurt Andy, and the Bomber Plane skips its 10 second turning-time.

Andy's A-Moves
I'm not gonna go in depth when it comes to his A-moves.
Let's just say that around half of his attacks involves a wrench(es).
Some of them are his Jab, Uair, and Fsmash which can be used both for attacking and repairing.

Up Taunt: Money Check
Andy pulls out a wad of cash and counts them whlle sticking his tongue in the corner of his mouth. The current amount of money pops up above his head.

Different playstyles
There are a lot of different playstyles to Andy.
  • Capture (construct) a lot of buildings and save money.
  • Save money without capturing, and focus a bit more on the opponent.
  • No focus on saving money - plain focus on the opponent and on spamming weak units.
Moveset Summary
The costs for units, amount of HP, Damage Output, Kill%, and so on isn't very well balanced, but you get my concept.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Andy - Advance Wars

Playstyle Concept:
Just like in the games, you strive to make good choices - buy, or save cash - advance, or hold ground.
What I mean by that is that Andy uses cash as part of how he fights. At a very slow rate, he earns money during the match.
Every 2 seconds, he earns $1, and when using his Up Taunt, Money Check, the current amount is displayed.
He is able to "capture" (construct) buildings that help him earn money faster, and spend them on tanks/helicopter, etc...
You start a match with $3, and when you get KO'd you lose half of your savings, but your buildings and units remain.
Opponent's get hit by the units' fire or if they bumb into it, but Andy only gets hit by their fire, giving him a bit of advantage as he can move through them freely.
His units do everthing they can to not hit their beloved commander with their firearms, though.

Specials

This move is chargable in the same way as Samus' Charge Shot. However, the charge takes a bit longer than Samus', and you must be fully charged to be able to "fire".
When "firing" the move, Andy places a square-shaped building the size of Electrode on the ground that has his palette colors.
This building has around 40 HP, and it takes damage in a similar way to the statues on Castle Siege, and it is damaged by all type of attacks that doesn't involve a wrench, making it look more and more crumbling.
If attacked by a move involving a wrench, it gains HP instead until it has its full 40 HP, looking new again. If destroyed, Andy must charge up again to capture/summon a new building.
The Main Purpose of the building is that it boosts Andy's income. He gets an additional $1 per every 2 seconds when he has a building in play.
The cool part is that you have have up to 3 buildings in play, which boosts his income greatly.

Capture also do 2% damage to anyone by the side of Andy during the jumping, hitting them with a very weak Spike Effect.
The start-up is fast but the range is very poor, so think twice before using it as an attack.

Andy summons a Ground Unit infront of him only to have it patrol back and forth between walls/ledges.
The type of unit summoned depends on how much cash your are willing to invest, and you pay different amounts by quickly pressing 1, 2, 3 or 4 times on the B-button.
If you press side-B when close to a unit (about the range of Popo & Nana), you can sell it to regain half of its value. However, the less HP it has, the less money you'll get back.
Opponent's can roll through these units, and only one unit in this category can be in play at any time.

A small tank the size of a Soccer Ball starts patrolling at the speed of Samus' homing missile. It fires its cannon every 2 seconds i the enemy is infront of it, doing 4% damage, sending ppl up and away with very low knockback.
When it bumps into ppl, it does 2% damage with low knockback, sending the foe away.
The Mini Tank has 15 HP. Its pellet (projectile) moves at the speed of Falco's laser with a range about half of Final Destination.

An Anti-Air Tank slighty bigger than his Mini Tank starts patrolling at a slightly slower speed than Samus' homing missile.
It fires its dual Anti-Air Cannon every 2 seconds, doing 6% damage and sends ppl up and away with low knockback.
When bumping into an enemy, it does 4% damage and sends the foe up and away with low/med knockback.
It has 35 HP, and its projectile moves at the speed of Falco's laser with a range about half of Final Destination.
This unit can also angle its cannon 45 degrees up, and will prioritize Air Units in a Andy Vs Andy Battle.

A Tank the size of Wario starts patrolling the stage at the speed of Ganon's Walk. It fires its cannon every 3 seconds, doing 10% damage and sends the opponent up and away with medium knockback, killing at around 160%.
The range of the cannon is 2/3 of Final Destination and the projectile moves at a speed similar to Ganon's Dash before disappearing.
When bumping into the opponent, it does 9% damage, sending the foe up and away with medium knockback, killing at around 170%
The Medium Tank comes with 55 HP, and it has the strongest "tackle" in its category.

Here comes the Mega Tank. It is the size of Bowser and will patrol the stage at Jigglypuff's slowest Rollout-speed.
It fires its huge cannon every 4 seconds, however, the projectile is so heavy that it drops to the ground quickly, giving it about the same range as Peach's turnips.
The shot does 18% damage and sends the opponent up and away with high knockback, killing at around 80%, and its Travel Speed is slightly faster than Ganon's Dash.
Unlike the other Tanks' projectiles, this shot explodes - the radius similar to Snake's C4.
If it bumps into an opponent it does 5% damage and sends them away with low knockback, killing at around 230%.
The Mega Tank has 80 HP.

Andy summons a Transport Helicopter for recovery, or calls in an aerial unit that patrols back and forth between the east and west Blast Zones.
The type of unit summoned depends on how much cash your are willing to invest, and you pay different amounts by quickly pressing 1, 2, or 3 times on the B-button.
Only one unit in this category can be in play at any time, and the same Sell-rules as in his side-b applies.

A Transport helicopter the size of a crouching Dedede quickly appears. Andy grabs on to it and goes up with it to the height of Ike's up-b beore letting go.
It moves at Yoshi's Double Jump Speed, knocks ppl away with low knockback, doing 3% damage, and you can steer it slightly left and right.
Be warned, though! you can't use it if you've already got another Air Unit in the air.

Andy calls in a small helicopter the size of a Soccer Ball. It flies at the height of ZSS' Up-b and at the speed of Samus' homing missile, turning at the Blast Zones.
It sprays 5 pellets every 1 second towards the ground at 45 degrees when near an opponent.
The Battle Helicopter has 20 HP, and it is most effective when Andy time his attacks with its spray.

Andy calls in a Bomber the size of a crouching Dedede that Carpet Bombs the stage. It flies at the height of Lucarios Final Smash, at slightly slower speed than Samus' homing missile.
When it reaches the Blast Zone(s), it disappears only to come back after around 10 seconds.
The spread o the bombing is 4 bombs on Final Destination. Each bomb do 17% damage, has a Blast radius similar to Snake's C4, and sends ppl straight up with high knockback, killing at around 90%.
The bombs fall as fast as when Link throws a bomb straight down, and the Plane has 50 HP.
Avoiding the bombs is easy for the opponent if Andy or his ground units doesn't attack at the same time.

Andy throws a wrench forward, similar to when Toon Link shoots an arrow without charging.
Since it's an attack that invloves a wrench, it can help repairing buildings and units.

All buildings and units gets full HP, and their Damage, Speed, knockback, and Fire-rate is doubled for about 20 seconds.
During this time, they can't hurt Andy, and the Bomber Plane skips its 10 second turning-time.

Andy's A-Moves
Some of them are his Jab, Uair, and Fsmash which can be used both for attacking and repairing.

Different playstyles
  • No focus on saving money - plain focus on the opponent and on spamming weak units.
Moveset Summary

The costs for units, amount of HP, Damage Output, Kill%, and so on isn't very well balanced, but you get my concept.

My favorite Advance Wars moveset I've seen yet. We don't have a summoner character yet-- and, really, no fighting game does. This would be awesome.

I'd probably go with a "Hold B longer to choose more advanced units" thing over rapidly pressing the button a bunch of times. It just seems more in keeping with Smash controls.

Are you thinking that the $ would be displayed near his %?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
My favorite Advance Wars moveset I've seen yet. Thx, bro. I appreciate that.

I'd probably go with a "Hold B longer to choose more advanced units" thing over rapidly pressing the button a bunch of times. It just seems more in keeping with Smash controls.
Are you thinking that the $ would be displayed near his %?
I was thinking of doing the "Hold B longer to choose more advanced units", but I found that it would maybe be hard to select the right unit, but maybe not.
I guess it would be easy if a small Unit-icon cycled above his head, and that you release B on the one you want to buy.

You can see your current amount of cash by pressing Up Taunt:
Andy pulls out a wad of cash and counts them whlle sticking his tongue in the corner of his mouth. The current amount pops up above his head.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Andy - Advance Wars

Playstyle Concept:
He is able to "capture" (construct) buildings that help him earn money faster, and spend them on tanks/helicopters, etc...
Opponents gets hit by the units' fire or if they bump into them, but Andy only gets hit by their fire, giving him a bit of advantage as he can move through them freely.

Specials

Capture also does 2% damage to anyone by the side of Andy during the jumping, hitting them with a very weak Spike Effect.

The Mega Tank has 80 HP.

Opponent's can avoid beeing "tackled" by Air Units by Air Dodging.

If it bumps into an enemy it does 1% damage and semi-spikes him with very low knockback.

The spread o the bombing is 4 bombs on Final Destination. Each bomb do 17% damage, has a Blast radius similar to Snake's C4, and sends ppl straight up with high knockback, killing at around 90%.
If it bumps into an opponent it does 14% damage, sendning him straight up, killing at around 110%.

Andy's A-Moves

Up Taunt: Money Check
Andy pulls out a wad of cash and counts them whlle sticking his tongue in the corner of his mouth. The current amount of money pops up above his head.

Different playstyles
Moveset Summary
This is an incredible moveset and the best moveset I've seen for maybe any newcomer in a while. I love it because it's style is so directly derived from the game. Bravo Z1GMA!

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The only concern with the idea of the moveset concept is whether or not it will work in practice, and whether it can be balanced.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
This is an incredible moveset and the best moveset I've seen for maybe any newcomer in a while. I love it because it's style is so directly derived from the game. Bravo Z1GMA!
Thx, bro. I appreciate it.
I really hope Sakurai gives AW a well deserved chance.

acekidgravity

Smash Cadet
I do love me some reps for series that don't have any yet. Throw me down as a supporter. I would love to see an Advanced Wars rep after playing so many of them on my emulator.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I was thinking about his CO Power maybe if he gets like 50% of damage and get three kills he can cast Hyper Repair and when he gets the Smash Ball he can cast Hyper Upgrade.
For example if he cast;
Hyper Repair: at 100% of damage, all his units recover 20% health of maximum health per unit and Andy recovers 20% of health, so now his health is at 80% of damage.
Hyper Upgrade: at 100% of damage, all his unites recovers 50% health of maximum health per unit, add more fire power, defense and speed to the each unit, Andy recovers 50% of heath, his attacks do more damage, he is more resistant to attacks (all the attacks do 30% less of damage) and the speed of Andy increase.
.n_n.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Added you new lot to the support, and updated the OP with that shiny moveset Z1GMA made. Awesome stuff.

Top Bottom