• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Operation: L.U.C.A.S. [Debating]

Status
Not open for further replies.

lil cj

Smash Lord
Ive been thinking lately about how to get Lucas more respect since alot of people cant make it to tournaments....the idea came to me when I saw how Xyro went to every character board challenging them with his Samus.His purpose was to test out match ups....but my idea is for a different cause, its to show everyone that Lucas is a great character and should at least be mid tier.Thats why I came up with Operation L.U.C.A.S.(Low-tier Unused Character Against Smash)...thats all i could think of....lol...
Operation L.U.C.A.S. is when every Lucas player that wants to participate picks a character board and challenges them...this will hopefully build up Lucas' reputation without going to tournaments.

Who would like to participate?

When I can get enough people to participate I will make an organized list of results from the matches for each character.

NOTE: THIS IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE UNTIL WE COME TO AN AGREEMENT ON WHO FIGHTS WHO

-If someone has more than one character that they want to battle and we get more people to to participate...then it would be polite to drop a character and give it to that other person:)

Boswer: Noraa

Captain Falcon:

Diddy Kong:

Donkey Kong: Lil CJ

Falco: JigglyZelda

Fox: JigglyZelda

Game and Watch:

Ganondorf:

Ice Climbers: Demonic Trilogy

Ike:

Jigglypuff:

King Dedede:

Kirby:

Link:

Lucario: Jarun

Luigi:

Mario: Blackbelt

Marth: APC

Meta Knight: Shadow Chaos

Ness: Jarun

Olimar: Lil CJ

Peach:

Pikachu:

Pit: Demonic Trilogy

Pokemon Trainer:

R.O.B.: io728

Samus:

Sheik:

Snake:

Sonic:

Toon Link: io728

Wario:

Wolf: JigglyZelda

Yoshi:

Zelda:

Zero Suit Samus:

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
You are making several false assumptions with this idea.

1. Every Lucas player on the boards is competent.

No, they're not. In fact I'm sure quite a few are quite bad. Xyro could go around to the boards beating people because he's a really good Samus player. If a bunch of random Samus players had come around to each of the boards they would have gotten wasted because like Lucas, Samus is not a good character. This is what will happen if we send a bunch of random Lucas players out. It will in fact have the opposite effect if any at all.

2. People respect and care about Wifi friendlies.

Respectable smash players put no stock in friendlies and even less in Wifi. Friendlies are for trying out new strategies, characters etc. Unless it's a money match or a tournament match it means absolutely nothing. Wifi screws up a lot as well. It is in fact just for fun. Not for showing how good a character is. It worked for Xyro because he was not in fact trying to prove himself, or Samus for that matter, but simply wanted some basic character matchup information. This is all it's good for.

3. Lucas is a great character! Tiers are for queers!

No. Just no. Lucas may be very fun to play as but he deserves to be low tier. He's certainly not the worst character in the game by a good bit, but he is not good. The only way he CAN be good is if you're an experienced player who's good enough to exploit his few strengths and diminish his many weaknesses. This is very rare. I love playing as Lucas. I hardly ever play as anyone else. But I would never say he is a "good" character. That's why it's that much sweeter to win with him. I don't try to convince people he's better than he is. In fact I try to convince them the opposite. You're not going to convince the world that Lucas is a great character. He isn't. And unless you're a really good player who plans to WIN these matches, you're going to make yourself look like a complete idiot in the process.

PS: My wifi is broken or else I'd do it. I'm addicted to money matches so if anyone ever stops by Cincinnati, PM me. Spread the word. Marth players are especially encouraged.

lil cj

Smash Lord
You are making several false assumptions with this idea.

1. Every Lucas player on the boards is competent.

No, they're not. In fact I'm sure quite a few are quite bad. Xyro could go around to the boards beating people because he's a really good Samus player. If a bunch of random Samus players had come around to each of the boards they would have gotten wasted because like Lucas, Samus is not a good character. This is what will happen if we send a bunch of random Lucas players out. It will in fact have the opposite effect if any at all.

2. People respect and care about Wifi friendlies.

Respectable smash players put no stock in friendlies and even less in Wifi. Friendlies are for trying out new strategies, characters etc. Unless it's a money match or a tournament match it means absolutely nothing. Wifi screws up a lot as well. It is in fact just for fun. Not for showing how good a character is. It worked for Xyro because he was not in fact trying to prove himself, or Samus for that matter, but simply wanted some basic character matchup information. This is all it's good for.

3. Lucas is a great character! Tiers are for queers!

No. Just no. Lucas may be very fun to play as but he deserves to be low tier. He's certainly not the worst character in the game by a good bit, but he is not good. The only way he CAN be good is if you're an experienced player who's good enough to exploit his few strengths and diminish his many weaknesses. This is very rare. I love playing as Lucas. I hardly ever play as anyone else. But I would never say he is a "good" character. That's why it's that much sweeter to win with him. I don't try to convince people he's better than he is. In fact I try to convince them the opposite. You're not going to convince the world that Lucas is a great character. He isn't. And unless you're a really good player who plans to WIN these matches, you're going to make yourself look like a complete idiot in the process.

PS: My wifi is broken or else I'd do it. I'm addicted to money matches so if anyone ever stops by Cincinnati, PM me. Spread the word. Marth players are especially encouraged.
Your right
Those were some good points
I get what your saying.
I was hoping that all the good and confident Lucas players would participate
I dont think a Lucas player that isnt that good would want to be a part of this.
This should be something fun we could try out and not just to prove that Lucas is good
It could be a project similar to Xyro's.We test out stratgies against all the characters and all of his bad match ups. Instead of jus discussing it in threads(which is still a good idea) it would be to test them out for real in a more organized way....but this is just a thought:)

Cardd

Smash Cadet
i agree tiers are for queers

BUT!

lucas is so totally not low tier, i consistently beat very good falco's and i'm i go back and forth with a metaknight that may be the best one i've seen, kicks the *** out of videos.

i'm gonna put a vid up soon, to show that lucas can take on people like MK, as long as you know how to play him.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
even CF can take on MK and win, but its just much harder than all the other characters. i've beaten Marths, both those who know how to use the CG and those who don't w/ Lucas as well. hes really not all that great, but really fun to play as.

Levitas

the moon
the two posts above mine are scrubby as hell.

As far as this idea is concerned, it won't do much harm to carry it out, but don't expect to prove anything at all. All it'll do is be fun for those involved.

And at those participating: don't trash-talk when you're doing it. trust me on this, it's a bad idea, especially if I don't know who you are already.

Veril

Frame Savant
Xyro's idea shouldn't be copied, especially not by an entire board.

lol I'd get owned. At least I recognize that. Some might not...

lil cj

Smash Lord
the two posts above mine are scrubby as hell.

As far as this idea is concerned, it won't do much harm to carry it out, but don't expect to prove anything at all. All it'll do is be fun for those involved.

And at those participating: don't trash-talk when you're doing it. trust me on this, it's a bad idea, especially if I don't know who you are already.
Would u like to participate Levitas?
We need a pro like u to help us out:)

lil cj

Smash Lord
I could try too.
Cool:)
Which character(s) do u want?

I'm certainly not pro, and I don't do wifi. I'll respectfully decline.
Your one of best Lucas players:)
Its all good...but maybe u can give us some advice on certain characters before we battle them so we know wat to expect.

im not pro either, but i'd like to participate anyway. especially against characters i don't get too fight often as Lucas.
OK:)
U said u wanted Fox right?
If not enough people want to participate u can choose more than one.

TheREALShadowChaos

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to participate and I want MK.

Lucas is not my main, not my secundairy, I actually almost never play as him. But if I try hard, and believe in myself, THERE IS NOTHING THAT I CAN NOT DO!

lil cj

Smash Lord
This is great!!!
U too APC:)
Taking on one of Lucas' toughest match ups
I guess I'll be bold and take on G&W(unless someone else would like to take this one....lol)
Or a heavy weight...Dedede would be fun to play...*thinking*
We'll see....
Im glad you guys want to participate in this project
But remember what Tyr and Levitas said
When we finally get this thing started....no trash talking and and bragging
This is only meant to be fun and secretly get Lucas more recognition(But like Tyr said it might not work...lol)...lets hope it does....lol:)

NeoZero

Smash Apprentice
This thread proves to be very interesting. But the real question here is this:

Is this a good idea, or an extremely stupid one?

Can I answer this question... no, but I will say this (and I know it's been said before, but you can't overlook it!!!): If you do indeed plan to go through with this, please address each board with a healthy amount of respect. I think Tyr said it all when he said that Xyro could afford to make the challenge, since he is an extremely good samus player and that he COULD indeed get away with his trash-talking, being that he could back it up (even if it was only meant to intice people to play him).

Another thing to note is that you will probably be flamed, flamed and flamed again. The intelligent people will understand what your trying to do, improve lucas's reputation/metagame, and will probably be decent to you. Sadly, you will probably be ill received by the... less then experienced... part of the board. They might also say your just mimicing Xyro, which wouldn't be that far off, really...

Also, if you want to indeed challenge a whole board (and in essence, all of the brawl board, lucas excluded), please, do it in a very open way: Explain that you wish to expand upon lucas's metagame and also to improve the general publics view in all areas concerning lucas.

Also, this is just a thought, but I would see that the best way to proceed is that decide which lucas does which board (hopefully those of some reknown/skill), and have each have them make a post with a predetermined message explaining the reasoning behind this experiment.
(I am very well aware that you are in the process of recruiting people to execute this "operation". It's the second part that I think should be looked into.)

Of course, I might be completely wrong and a complete moron :p If I'm a complete moron, please, don't hesitate to tell me... it's for my good (I relish learning something new).

Levitas

the moon
You have a decent idea. I like the idea of a template post that gets things rolling in every board. That can be a good thing if we want to make the same kind of impression wherever this thing goes.

As far as the getting flamed is concerned, I think you have new poster paranoia. As long as we keep the concept fairly concrete and don't hang out someone to dry by sending a really bad player to a really bad matchup, we should keep the trash-talking/flame to a minimum.

As far as this project goes, I have no reason to say it's a bad one unless we're aiming for a purpose that cannot be grasped by these means.

And you don't appear to be a moron by any means. congrats.

lil cj

Smash Lord
This thread proves to be very interesting. But the real question here is this:

Is this a good idea, or an extremely stupid one?

Can I answer this question... no, but I will say this (and I know it's been said before, but you can't overlook it!!!): If you do indeed plan to go through with this, please address each board with a healthy amount of respect. I think Tyr said it all when he said that Xyro could afford to make the challenge, since he is an extremely good samus player and that he COULD indeed get away with his trash-talking, being that he could back it up (even if it was only meant to intice people to play him).

Another thing to note is that you will probably be flamed, flamed and flamed again. The intelligent people will understand what your trying to do, improve lucas's reputation/metagame, and will probably be decent to you. Sadly, you will probably be ill received by the... less then experienced... part of the board. They might also say your just mimicing Xyro, which wouldn't be that far off, really...

Also, if you want to indeed challenge a whole board (and in essence, all of the brawl board, lucas excluded), please, do it in a very open way: Explain that you wish to expand upon lucas's metagame and also to improve the general publics view in all areas concerning lucas.

Also, this is just a thought, but I would see that the best way to proceed is that decide which lucas does which board (hopefully those of some reknown/skill), and have each have them make a post with a predetermined message explaining the reasoning behind this experiment.
(I am very well aware that you are in the process of recruiting people to execute this "operation". It's the second part that I think should be looked into.)

Of course, I might be completely wrong and a complete moron :p If I'm a complete moron, please, don't hesitate to tell me... it's for my good (I relish learning something new).

Thanks for the advice
I really appreciate it.
U made some really good points.
We as Lucas mains will show all the boards respect:)
and jus have fun with this...its for a good cause.
Since Lucas is low-tier his metagame will take a while to develop
hopefully this will speed up the process.
And I do believe that most of the Lucas mains on smashboards are good and have the skills to participate in this:)
Even if the person does lose the matches...they will still learn something and we can discuss what the person did wrong or did right.
Only time will tell if this idea is beneficial for Lucas or not:)

io728

Smash Cadet
A small town no one has ever heard of, MN
This is a awesome idea here, and it's a good way to learn their strategies so someone can formulate around them.
I would like to participate, but I can't, A. because my internet is down, I don't want to make all Lucas' look bad if I lose, and I feel not well known about.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
This is a awesome idea here, and it's a good way to learn their strategies so someone can formulate around them.
I would like to participate, but I can't, A. because my internet is down, I don't want to make all Lucas' look bad if I lose, and I feel not well known about.
unless you look at my Sig, only people i've fought before know i main Lucas too. its ok to be a little unkown in the begining, everyone has to start somewhere lol.

Edit: if by chance were lacking in some people. i'd be willing to go after all the spacies boards lol

NeoZero

Smash Apprentice
You have a decent idea. I like the idea of a template post that gets things rolling in every board. That can be a good thing if we want to make the same kind of impression wherever this thing goes.

As far as the getting flamed is concerned, I think you have new poster paranoia. As long as we keep the concept fairly concrete and don't hang out someone to dry by sending a really bad player to a really bad matchup, we should keep the trash-talking/flame to a minimum.

As far as this project goes, I have no reason to say it's a bad one unless we're aiming for a purpose that cannot be grasped by these means.

And you don't appear to be a moron by any means. congrats.
Yes, I've had many bad forum experiences on the short time I've been on earth. Thus explaining why I fear hoards of people who are angry over a tiny error/mistake *shivers at the thought*.

As for actually participating, I would gladly put my name in (I have lucas as my secondary :D). But 2 things stop me:
1. My lucas is average at best
2. I loath wifi and can't use lucas on it to save my life or any who may somehow be involve in my conflict.

That is why I must respectfully decline participation.

Side note:
For the whole Template/Predetermined post, I was envisioning something along the lines of this:

Operation:
L.U.C.A.S.

(Insert text explaining our mission and all other formal affairs)

Our representative for this forum shall be: NAME

Really, it's up for debate, so feel free to improve upon it... I just did that as a rough base to start from. And if anyone is willing to do it (I know I can't), we might be able to do a snazzy kinda signature or picture displaying "Operation: L.U.C.A.S.", showing off our favorite mother character.

lil cj

Smash Lord
I would be willing to participate, provided I get to face Mario.
OK:)
Blackbelt u take on Mario

unless you look at my Sig, only people i've fought before know i main Lucas too. its ok to be a little unkown in the begining, everyone has to start somewhere lol.

Edit: if by chance were lacking in some people. i'd be willing to go after all the spacies boards lol
lol...
For now JigglyZelda....u r in charge of the Fox, Wolf, and Falco:)

Yes, I've had many bad forum experiences on the short time I've been on earth. Thus explaining why I fear hoards of people who are angry over a tiny error/mistake *shivers at the thought*.

As for actually participating, I would gladly put my name in (I have lucas as my secondary :D). But 2 things stop me:
1. My lucas is average at best
2. I loath wifi and can't use lucas on it to save my life or any who may somehow be involve in my conflict.

That is why I must respectfully decline participation.

Side note:
For the whole Template/Predetermined post, I was envisioning something along the lines of this:

Operation:
L.U.C.A.S.

(Insert text explaining our mission and all other formal affairs)

Our representative for this forum shall be: NAME

Really, it's up for debate, so feel free to improve upon it... I just did that as a rough base to start from. And if anyone is willing to do it (I know I can't), we might be able to do a snazzy kinda signature or picture displaying "Operation: L.U.C.A.S.", showing off our favorite mother character.

That looks good...I will try to work on that:)

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
I wonder if we could make a picture that has the words "Operation L.U.C.A.S." done in the same way as the Mother 3 Title screen, shown here:

NeoZero

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if we could make a picture that has the words "Operation L.U.C.A.S." done in the same way as the Mother 3 Title screen, shown here:

Well, you might be able to use the letters in that image as a base and photoshop the missing letters using pieces of others.... If I have a bunch of free time later, I might attempt it, but I don't have enough free time right now... I'm posting between taking breaks in my assignments / studying... I might go crazy by then thought :psycho: :laugh:

lil cj

Smash Lord
Why didnt I think of that...Operation L.U.C.A.S. in Mother 3 letters
genious...lol:)

.........Come on I know theres more Lucas mains out there:)
We need more participants
Do it for Lucas....lol

Jarun

Smash Cadet
hmmmmm....id like to take on a lucario too... nees and lucario are my easiest to beat :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom