• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ontario Player Finder Thread (416, 647, 905, 519)

unknown522

Some guy
IMO all these should be in the OP of the GTA thread. Since that's the main social thread. Then we can kill this one so it's not cluttering the Canada board and edit the title of the GTA thread to include: "And player finder." Like most other regions.

Alternatively, this should have a link to the GTA thread somewhere near the top if it doesn't already (and ideally it should stand out).
Lanowen where are youuuuu!?!

:phone:

Jotora

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jotora
Toronto Smashers Wanted for Training Assistance

Hello my fellow Canadian Smashers.

Wondering if there are any Smashers out there in Toronto/North York willing to play on a regular basis with this Melee noob and teach him the ropes.

Fear not, I'm not coming into this hobby without any knowledge. I'm a long time Smasher and have followed the tournament scene on and off for years so I understand what's required for high-level play...I just need to practice. I put the game down many years ago and have recently wanted to get back up to snuff. I've moved away from my hometown of Brampton, away from all my Smash Brothers, and haven't met anyone in the city yet who takes the game as seriously as me.

I know how to do all the advanced techniques (well, most) like l-cancelling, wave-dashing, blah blah...again, I just need to practice; work on my execution and making these things an integral part of my game. I'm not expecting people to take time away from training for tournaments or anything like that--I guess I'm appealing to the up and coming Smashers in the area, those who may be around the same skill level or what-have-you.

I'm desperate! I love this game so much and want to get better but I have no one to play with! :c

;)

So, let me know if there is a regular get-together where we could train. I would be happy to host as well. I live in the Avenue Road and St. Clair area. (Oh, and I'm not opposed to playing with a case of beer at hand.)

Thanks.

idea

Smash Master
Well, there's a tournament today, at A&C World at 706 Spadina Avenue, but it starts at around 12:00-1:00 so I'm not sure if you'll see this in time :p and it's $10 to get in, $10 to enter singles. So if you wanted you could come, pay $10, and get tons of friendlies in with some of the best players in Ontario (tournaments usually end around 10:00 PM so you'd still have time for lots of friendlies at least).

Their website has a schedule. One melee tournament per month, usually on a Saturday, and $5 casuals on thursdays which some of the same people show up to.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=306906 - tournament thread
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=89713 - general toronto social thread

Can't answer any more questions 'cause I have to shower and go to that tournament lol

Jotora

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jotora
Thursdays are no good for me. I was hoping people would be interested in getting together on Friday evenings or weekends to do this.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Well the monthlies are on saturdays if your willing to drive down. As for weekends, stuff can happen if someone opens up their house.

Jotora

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jotora
Sounds good. I'll start coming to monthlies eventually, for both the friendlies and the tournament itself after I get a little more comfortable playing again. Of course, playing only once a month won't cut it for me. ;)

I'll say again that my apartment is always open. It's small, but I can still host anywhere from 1 to 3 other Smashers (not including myself), so it works. I'm VERY available over the holidays so PM me or post here if interested. I'm off from the 22nd to the 1st.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Well if your house is open then problem solved. I'm sure someone near you would be willing to come by, but srsly you should post this in the GTA thread that was linked, no one comes here. I mean I came here same way you did and learned the hard way...

idea

Smash Master
Sounds good. I'll start coming to monthlies eventually, for both the friendlies and the tournament itself after I get a little more comfortable playing again. Of course, playing only once a month won't cut it for me. ;)

I'll say again that my apartment is always open. It's small, but I can still host anywhere from 1 to 3 other Smashers (not including myself), so it works. I'm VERY available over the holidays so PM me or post here if interested. I'm off from the 22nd to the 1st.
cool :) post in the greater toronto area thread when you want to have people over, almost no one reads this thread :p we're all over there

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
I used to work there lol. Say hi to the IT boss if you ever see him, from me.

I'll be in UW in the fall, so I can beat you up a bit if there are UW weeklies or something if you want :p

HexaLing

Smash Rookie
Lol, all the teachers depend heavily on him.

Would be happy to join in... but I'm going to be living at home in Durham, and going for co-op in Toronto in the fall (where I will be looking into unknown's 6-4 Matchup Monthlies).

I'll be back in January though, mind if I message you then? We'll see how badly you can beat me by that point :)

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol, all the teachers depend heavily on him.

Would be happy to join in... but I'm going to be living at home in Durham, and going for co-op in Toronto in the fall (where I will be looking into unknown's 6-4 Matchup Monthlies).

I'll be back in January though, mind if I message you then? We'll see how badly you can beat me by that point :)
Haha that's so true.

We'll have to see what's up January then

Barbeque

Smash Journeyman
Name: BBQ
Main: Find out
City: Hamilton
Email: I won't check it. inbox

**serious @$$ post $5 on any medium fry in hamilton 7 set

phantom99

Smash Rookie
NNID
chr0n1ck
Name: Phantom99 (from years ago lol) Chr0n1ck (newer)
Main: Mario or Samus
City: Kitchener-Waterloo
Contact info: Facebook: Nick Mandic
Text: 226-789-5863

Always down to play with local gamers, just lemme know your from smash boards if you message me!

Top Bottom