• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omni: Is Project M Dead?

With Project M ceasing development, it has many people wondering what the future of the game will be. Once again Omni has made a vlog to lend his signature voice of reason onto the chaos. In this video, Omni discusses the game's future at events alongside the challenges and potential advantages that may be found in the future of the game. Give it a watch!

Like the video and want more Omni goodness? Be sure to check out some of his other vlogs like Why You Should Pick A Top Tier, 3 Steps To Finding Your Main Character, and Play Lame; Win Game. Have any thoughts on the vlog? Be sure to discuss in the comments below and keep an eye on Smashboards for future informative vlogs.

Comments

@Omni Ehh... Some of this felt like an analysis of what's going to happen to the PM scene, and I think that's really a bit difficult to do that in the middle of this big change.

I would have called it "A Word to the Project M Community" or something like that, because that's really what this is. It was a good word, too; I think we need to remember that Melee went through a rough time to get where it is today, and that with effort, the PM community can do it too. But I don't think we can say for sure what will happen just yet. PM may crash and burn, slowly fade, or even stay strong like we hope it will. All we can do is keep playing this game that we love.

Why do people watch Omni? Why does SmashBoards post Omni's videos? His videos consist of a novice Smash 4 competitive player giving his personal opinions on all things Smash, even those things he doesn't know much about.

Why do people want that or like that? I'd rather watch someone who gives thoughtful analysis, cites credible sources.. Gives objective facts instead of subjective opinions.

He also annoys me b/c he acts like he's the expert in all things Smash, but he really isn't an expert in anything Smash.

Last edited:
He also annoys me b/c he acts like he's the expert in all things Smash, but he really isn't an expert in anything Smash.
Well, to quote the man himself, circa this October:

I was Top 10 in Melee for MD/VA.
Moved to Brawl.
Best MK in MD/VA.
Won plenty of tournaments.
Invited my region over for free pizza and training to get the region better.
Coached a lot of our players.
Last tournament Brawl tournament I went to I won.
Retired because I stopped liking Brawl.
And now I just work a 9-5.
I think he knows a little bit about Smash.

Also, why did you click on this link if you don't like Omni's videos? Just to hate on the guy?

Last edited:
Yea project M is dead. It makes sense though. It's a mod which means it shouldn't be considered on the same plane as melee or smash4. Can we just move on from it because I don't think it's a big deal. The smash community is thriving without it.

I'm liking the self awareness and the step away from **** talking from @Omni. That was a hella real moment and agree with some of his points. GG.

ALSO PLEASE CAN WE HAVE A LEGIT
Revival Of Project M (ROPM)
TOURNEY?

Cool, thanks.

PM Exclusve National in January.
https://www.facebook.com/events/814207595343192/

There's been serveal big PM tournies lately and it doesn't appear to be slowing down at all.
It's taken a major back seat to smash 4. Before smash4 almost every tournament involved pm and melee. Now we have a ton of exclusive smash 4 and Melee tournies. Smash 4 is more new and it's being focused on and Melee has its die hard fan base. PM is stuck in the middle and even with tournaments going on its not going to save it. There will always be something with it going on, but it won't be to the extent it was 1 to 2 years ago.

Last edited:
PM's never going to be more than a side-event but who said you can't put $1000 on the line during a side-event match? It's time to get serious because the PM meta is now finalized and far more interesting than that stale muffin, Melee.

PM's never going to be more than a side-event but who said you can't put $1000 on the line during a side-event match? It's time to get serious because the PM meta is now finalized and far more interesting than that stale muffin, Melee.
Melee isn't my personal favorite either and I'm more in favor of the community moving away from it. However the community wants melee over any other version and I can't deny that aspect. As long as smashers want melee we will have it.

PM has sadly because already died where I live.But that's fine because we still have a Melee and Sm4sh scene where I live.

Last edited:
Huh...? I did say something nice. I complemented Omni on the eulogy. O_O
And yet you followed that right up with this:
I, for one, couldn't be happier the aberration that was Project M is dead. XD
Don't try and play nice only to disguise a ****post, that makes you look bad. Again, you didn't have to put that part in. You could have just complimented Omni's eulogy and moved on.

But you had to throw mockery at the game and call it an "aberration". This kind of flamebaiting gets neither party any benefit.

Top Bottom