• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old VS Video Threads - Cleanup (New Stickied Thread for Versus Match Sharing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

\\Killer//

Smash Journeyman
I hope everybody enjoyed their Thanksgiving. I had a blast! Only down side is the huge amount of leftover food lol I'll figure how to deal with them while you guys enjoy the videos. XD

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Glad to see that this thread got made. Although I feel you should also post your videos with other people such as KumaOso, IsmaR, and Smooth Criminal as well as your lab videos.

Seriously people, this man deserves more views; he's a solid player.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
You are much more fun to watch than so many others. I love that you're positive about everything. I hate watching guys who just complain about their matches and complain about their opponents. Every time they miss an attack, it's the game's fault, etc. I'll be subbing this channel! :)

Jsteel3

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jsteel3
3DS FC
1263-6252-1703
New Competitive Custom Stage showcase stages!
Beach Retreat v2
Crater of Doom
Rooftop Royal

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
When making tournament-style stages, I thnk we should definitely play with where the main stage is in the camera. It doesn't necessarily have to be smack dab in the middle. This would offer up counterpicks for characters who are terrible with recovery for one thing. Imagine you are playing a little mac, and you are pit. You decide to choose a custom stage that can easily gimp little mac because the stage is slightly higher than average. I think that really opens up possibilities.

Jsteel3

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jsteel3
3DS FC
1263-6252-1703
When making tournament-style stages, I thnk we should definitely play with where the main stage is in the camera. It doesn't necessarily have to be smack dab in the middle. This would offer up counterpicks for characters who are terrible with recovery for one thing. Imagine you are playing a little mac, and you are pit. You decide to choose a custom stage that can easily gimp little mac because the stage is slightly higher than average. I think that really opens up possibilities.
I was thinking of doing this, but I wanted to do the safe pick in a competitive sense!
I try to work on stages like the ones you suggested; any ideas for these stages? (Names, styles, etc...)

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
I was thinking of doing this, but I wanted to do the safe pick in a competitive sense!
I try to work on stages like the ones you suggested; any ideas for these stages? (Names, styles, etc...)
not at the moment. I got a few ideas in my head, but I will uploade them myself once my capture card comes in :)

Jsteel3

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jsteel3
3DS FC
1263-6252-1703
Super Smash Bros. 4 Online Battles Episode 1: Introduction

So ladies and gentlemen please, tell me what you think of the video!
Also tell me all the ideas for topics, improvements, and any character requests you have for me.

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
Click on 1080p60 for 60FPS epicness!
It's no real Wombo Combo, but it was fun either way. :D

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
that was a silly game. honestly, wario bike is so easy to punish. lucina could have countered when the bike was about to hit. not to mention that she could have followed into the air to slash you out. if lag is to blame then yeah, I can understand the rage, but I've honestly done worse. (kirbycide a little mac first stock, then he was too scared to get near the edge since I kept holding inhale. I then taunted "hiiiii~" and he tries to side b, ends up overshooting and SDs. to add insult to injury, I completely dominated him in the previous match with little mac and that's what made him try him out.)

Last edited:

Rojo Espada

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rojo_Espada
3DS FC
4313-0371-7210
Holy balls.
I'm guessing it works like the one-inch punch from the MiiBrawler's Piston punch.

The first hit has megaton knockback.

Edit: You should show this to the Peach mains over in her section, if you haven't already.
Spread the word.

Last edited:

MushroomManiac

Smash Cadet
NNID
AndresGP
3DS FC
4425-1475-8736
If anyone denies the fact that she does the damsel in distress act just for show, show'em this and watch as they stare in disbelief.

Holy mother of Sakurai, this is worse than Kirby's fully charged side B (kills around 35-ish with sheik). Does it have a specific hitbox, in the sense of that you have to hit the move in a certain way?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
You are much more fun to watch than so many others. I love that you're positive about everything. I hate watching guys who just complain about their matches and complain about their opponents. Every time they miss an attack, it's the game's fault, etc. I'll be subbing this channel! :)
thanks playah! Yeah i saw a lot of channels like that so I decided to make my own hahaha!

D

Deleted member 269706

I'm sure you've seen my comments around your videos (my username on youtube is JustThatAwesome777), but I agree with the others, you've got some great material. You've got a great attitude, sense of humor, and play style (and a great choice in characters :p). Easily one of my favorite YouTube smashers, would recommend.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
I watched the Ganon vid and was thoroughly entertained. More players need to seem like they are having even half as much fun as you are lol.

JJpalmer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jjpalmer
3DS FC
2664-2947-4020
Great stuff man u got my sub i was salty about losing alot of FG but your vids are so great to watch haha made my day

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I watched the Ganon vid and was thoroughly entertained. More players need to seem like they are having even half as much fun as you are lol.
Just updated the OP with 2 more vids for your view pleasure. :b:
I also have some training vids too where i learn some characters

Last edited:

lil T

Smash Journeyman
Holy balls.
I'm guessing it works like the one-inch punch from the MiiBrawler's Piston punch.

The first hit has megaton knockback.

Edit: You should show this to the Peach mains over in her section, if you haven't already.
Spread the word.
Yeah i just shared it in a post talking about Peaches up-B, Someone showed it killing at 80 so i had to link mine lol

Dirty Duck

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheThirdChild
3DS FC
3351-4520-5317
Hey guys, I made a video of me just pissing about in For Glory. Keep in mind I am just pissing about, this isn't me playing at my best or anything (just had to throw that in to defend my Smash Bros credibility :p ). Would appreciate any feedback, this is my first attempt at making a video like this. Gonna be making another Smash video soon hopefully!

JSConrad45

Smash Cadet
I really like Luigi, and I've been working on him a lot lately, so I made a montage out of some recent memorable moments in For Glory mode. It's all 3DS replays shot with a camera phone, and I'm physically incapable of holding my hands steady, but hopefully you find the content itself fun enough to make it worth a watch.

The music is "Tiger Rag" by Django Reinhardt.

Ripley

Smash Rookie
I'm new here in the community. I just got my copy of smash 4 a couple nights ago and have been practicing with ZSS for my main. I'm still figuring everything out, but here is one of the first For Glory battles I won and with a comeback too. I was proud after I made a stupid mistake. haha, prepare for noobie play.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Wow, those are some awesome videos. You're always having fun while playing. Subscribed~

I'd love to fight your Ike :p

Nocally

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3840-6058-2117
Subscribed just yesterday, very entertaining. That Pikachu was lacking a lot though.

Ripley

Smash Rookie
So, I've noticed I use the dash + A (knee pummel) as a quick way to lead in a lot and close the gap between me and the opponent. I feel like I'm spamming this move sometimes. Is there a better way to approach than this? I assume constantly using this is either frowned upon or a bad idea. It just feels like a quick way to get to my opponent. Just looking for a different method to approach I guess.

DestinyDecade

Smash Rookie
I started this a while back and I hope to get back into it when my workload isn't so bad but I currently did a series of online battles for Smash Wii U. Some matches cover For Fun where I try out different characters and try my luck winning and others involve For Glory where I use my best and go 1-on-1 against my foe.

Here's the first episode but if you want to see the others, they're all in my channel.

thinkbee

Smash Rookie
Having a character that can approach quickly and lethally is a good thing, and I used to see the same thing from a lot of intermediate level Foxes and Sheiks in Melee because it works. It's fast and doesn't have much recoil time, and sets up for combos at low percentages. Against more experienced players, you will probably have more difficulty in relying on this too much, and you'll be forced to change tactics.

I recommend (if you haven't already) making your way over to the ZSS character board and posing the same question there, perhaps with your video evidence to back it up. People there would likely be able to give some sound feedback. And of course, watch as many good ZSS players as you can and watch how they approach based on the character matchups. Those two things will do you more good than I ever could, advice-wise.

Good job on the comeback!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Love how the dream team causes instant death. :laugh:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Wow, those are some awesome videos. You're always having fun while playing. Subscribed~

I'd love to fight your Ike
:p
Anytime homie! Shoot me a request and just let me know when free!
Subscribed just yesterday, very entertaining. That Pikachu was lacking a lot though.
Yeah my pikachu can use some work hahaha!

Love how the dream team causes instant death. :laugh:
They are just too regal to fight. Once they appear it is the equivalent of fighting against the bright light in Final Destination lol

BUM163

Smash Lord
Hey guys. I made this thread to show off some great matches we had between Anti, WillDk, Fab, Eazy and more. I'll be doing this a lot more often starting next week or maybe tomorrow Dec 5, 2014 if I have enough time.

Here are some of the videos [HD+60FPS] to get you into the Chaos. Share with others and leave a comment down below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPQ3u2CU9cU - Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2ST5G0A414 - Part 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DB5rCJm3w8 - Part 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6rPLbVMzbs - Part 6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70Ex385wT7g - Part 8

If you have any questions or want to catch the next [Online] session you can contact/watch via social media

www.twitch.tv/Bum1six3

www.twitter.com/Bum163

www.facebook.com/Bum1six3

Last edited:

AxelRob

Smash Rookie
You did fine, sometimes you have to do what it takes to win, Like the smash tournament at E3 when one of the guys there got timed out by the zzs. When it comes to competitive, you have to do whatever it takes to win, because your opponent will do the same, trust me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom