• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old VS Video Threads - Cleanup (New Stickied Thread for Versus Match Sharing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
What's worse is that Lucina seemed lesser-skilled (no offense to the player) and you go on and still spam with no shame.

Please someone tell how me how that is fun. Play to spam? Play to win? Winning is only fun when you've earned it. Win or lose, the real joy of Smash comes from real fights; reading your opponents, playing mind-games, learning new things.

Just because you win due to spam, does not mean you won because you were great. It is a timed match and you waste lots of game time being stupid. Unfortunately as great as this game is, the excuse of saying "if it works, then keep doing it, there's no rules to say that it's wrong" etc just means you are a true troll with no skill. Was there ways to beat that Wario? Of course. Doesn't mean it's perfectly balanced. I often wish Wario's bike would not be usable for a while like in Brawl.

OmegaSorin

The Lucky Hero
NNID
Semjax
What's worse is that Lucina seemed lesser-skilled (no offense to the player) and you go on and still spam with no shame.

Please someone tell how me how that is fun. Play to spam? Play to win? Winning is only fun when you've earned it. Win or lose, the real joy of Smash comes from real fights; reading your opponents, playing mind-games, learning new things.

Just because you win due to spam, does not mean you won because you were great. It is a timed match and you waste lots of game time being stupid. Unfortunately as great as this game is, the excuse of saying "if it works, then keep doing it, there's no rules to say that it's wrong" etc just means you are a true troll with no skill. Was there ways to beat that Wario? Of course. Doesn't mean it's perfectly balanced. I often wish Wario's bike would not be usable for a while like in Brawl.

Simple Answer: Its not fun.

NairWizard

Somewhere
Well, if you wanted to get a reaction out of us, you didn't really succeed. It's disappointing that you would do this to someone trying to play the game in an honest way for no reason, and then taunt on top of that, but at the end of the day we don't care. Whatever void you're trying to fill in your life with your attempt to troll is your concern. Everyone here can beat such tactics I am fairly sure: that Lucina could have as well if she had just not been afraid of her own options so much (f-air, up-air).

So you beat a more inexperienced player using boring tactics effective at low levels of play and tried to rub salt in the wound. Congratulations, I guess?

Steam

Smash Hero
I've made plenty of people ragequit without doing cheesy trolly stuff. Just get better and 0-death people and people will ragequit all day.

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti

You take things way to seriously.

You're opinion on fun is different than others. I don't like facing spammers/people who do stuff to annoy me (taunt, troll, etc) and I always get mad, but by the way they're playing I know they're having fun. Some people have fun spamming and trolling, and it isn't up to you to tell them to stop.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
You take things way to seriously.

You're opinion on fun is different than others. I don't like facing spammers/people who do stuff to annoy me (taunt, troll, etc) and I always get mad, but by the way they're playing I know they're having fun. Some people have fun spamming and trolling, and it isn't up to you to tell them to stop.
too*
Your*

Morbi

Scavenger
The Lucina player isn't at fault here since you didn't decide to take her seriously until the very end of both stocks,so the bad guy here is you,not her.
Maybe he would have taken her seriously if she did not preemptively counter multiple times against an opponent who was quite clearly not going to fall for it. She got #rekt, plain and simple. To quote D1, "DESTRUCTION!"

Well, if you wanted to get a reaction out of us, you didn't really succeed. It's disappointing that you would do this to someone trying to play the game in an honest way for no reason, and then taunt on top of that, but at the end of the day we don't care. Whatever void you're trying to fill in your life with your attempt to troll is your concern. Everyone here can beat such tactics I am fairly sure: that Lucina could have as well if she had just not been afraid of her own options so much (f-air, up-air).

So you beat a more inexperienced player using boring tactics effective at low levels of play and tried to rub salt in the wound. Congratulations, I guess?
But he did get a reaction from most people in this thread. Your post was also a reaction, a salty one at that. Keep saying that you do not care, maybe it will become true one day. I would say that it was a job well done.

NairWizard

Somewhere
But he did get a reaction from most people in this thread. Your post was also a reaction, a salty one at that. Keep saying that you do not care, maybe it will become true one day. I would say that it was a job well done.
I stand by the stance that discouraging obviously new or inexperienced players with this kind of gameplay is toxic. This Wario player obviously had the ability to defeat that Lucina using conventional gameplay. Instead, he chose to frustrate the other player and run away the entire match while taunting every time something went his way.

He's free to do what he wants, as I am free to call him out for it, and as you are free to disagree with me, but regardless of who is free to do what, I will never understand the attitudes that fuel this kind of behavior.

Finally, if every post that points something out as distasteful is a salty reaction to you, you are probably projecting. I am obviously trying to make the OP feel bad, as I think he should, but I have no reason to be salty or to actually care. Unless your post also implies salt, in which case you just have a fairly liberal definition of salt, my morbidly altruistic friend.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I stand by the stance that discouraging obviously new or inexperienced players with this kind of gameplay is toxic. This Wario player obviously had the ability to defeat that Lucina using conventional gameplay. Instead, he chose to frustrate the other player and run away the entire match while taunting every time something went his way.

He's free to do what he wants, as I am free to call him out for it, and as you are free to disagree with me, but regardless of who is free to do what, I will never understand the attitudes that fuel this kind of behavior.

Finally, if every post that points something out as distasteful is a salty reaction to you, you are probably projecting. I am obviously trying to make the OP feel bad, as I think he should, but I have no reason to be salty or to actually care. Unless your post also implies salt, in which case you just have a fairly liberal definition of salt, my morbidly altruistic friend.
I did not insinuate that you did not have the freedom to call him out; instead, I blatantly stated that you did indeed care despite your statement implying otherwise as you bothered to voice your concern while "trying to make the OP feel bad." Either way, I honestly feel as though the Wario discouraging inexperienced players is the opposite of toxic. It is quite simply hilarious. It is not comedic in and of itself, it is humorous because outsiders feel obligated to white knight for the Lucina player through creating a different type of toxic environment. One that shames players who stall for a victory.

For instance, read the first few posts of this thread, before people realized that the OP was the Wario. People were constructive and empathetic; however, once the truth was discovered, the hate began to manifest. That my friend, is precisely what entertains people like the Wario player. Therefore, his endeavors were indeed successful. Your proclamation that you did not care seems to be self-referential incoherence by the mere utterance of the phrase. I might be wrong, but is it not reasonable to presume that if one did not care that they would not bother to respond? There is a phrase, I cannot seem to recall it, something to the effect of, "do not feed the trolls?" I got a great laugh nevertheless. Thank you for your cooperation.

Last edited:

NairWizard

Somewhere
"Don't feed the trolls" indeed. But I just so happen to have this freshly baked and ever so delicately sealed jar of Troll Feed here, and I take it that you would not too terribly mind if I were to offer you some?

Your proclamation that you did not care seems to be self-referential incoherence by the mere utterance of the phrase. I might be wrong, but is it not reasonable to presume that if one did not care that they would not bother to respond.
Obviously a minimal amount of care is required to voice one's opinion on any subject. But don't conflate the care that goes into voicing an opinion with the care that goes into being genuinely bothered by something or feeling salty.

To remind you, my original proclamation was, "At the end of the day, we don't care."

Sure, I opened this thread because it was on the front page, and I cared enough once I had spent a minute watching the video to articulate a response (which took all of 1 additional minute). You know what I did next? Browse another website, open a pack of rice pudding (quite tasty, by the way), and completely forget about this topic, until you responded and I received an alert.

Non-indifference (that is to say, having an opinion and voicing it when presented a platform from which to do so) is not the same as actively caring, but since you seem to be keen on holding the words in my post to strict dictionary definitions, I'll point out that indeed, "at the end of the day," I won't "care."

If I meet this kind of player online, I will crush him--that's the plain truth. If I somehow don't crush him, then I certainly won't feel bad about it; I'll count it as a mistake, one that I'll know that I could have avoided. But that doesn't mean that I think the OP's behavior was any less toxic, especially because it was directed at a player obviously less experienced than I am.

It is not comedic in and of itself, it is humorous because outsiders feel obligated to white knight for the Lucina player through creating a different type of toxic environment. One that shames players who stall for a victory.
Oh, please, don't BS the crowd, sir. You and I and everyone else here, including the OP, all know that the player in this video wasn't trying simply to win against his opponent. He was trying to mock his opponent (the taunts after strings are especially indicative of this, along with his posting the video in this manner). If my interpretation of his behavior is wrong, then I will eat my hat.

I agree with you in that there is nothing wrong with winning by timeout (in and of itself) when you think that that's the best way to win. Zero won by timeout at the invitational--good. He deserved that win. He outplayed his opponent. So did this player. But if you can't see why I think that this player's behavior is toxic, then I regret to inform you that you are morbidly in denial (or playing the part of anti-white-knight a little too strongly; why do you care what the so-called white knights are doing?--is this not hypocritical?).

This discussion is at least more interesting than the original discussion in the topic, so kudos to you for sparking it (I may disagree with what you say, but I can appreciate the direction in which you're going at least).

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Morbid debating with himself ITT. Run an IP check for an alt account. j/k

Good shi*, the both of you :shades:

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
OP, you're the sort of player I block after a "match" with you. A boring fight of troll tactics that is anti-competitive, anti-fun, and generally ruins the online experience of newer players. It's worse that you make it out here like it's a rage-quit because you outplayed your opponent, when all you did was use skill-less spam to make it a boring fight that no one would want to play. Sorry, but as was said before, no one really cares if you get a victory by being a troll against an unskilled player.

Dan

Smash Lord
Not a chance. Wario has plenty of moves. That was just trash playing. Plain and obvious.
I don't know. I mean, he did win. There's no certain way you have to play. I honestly have no problem with the way he played.

I do agree with what you're saying, that he's a troll, but I don't have a problem with it.

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
It was bad play from both sides. So I honestly can't say I'm annoyed by the Wario player from "camping".

What I'm annoyed with is the fact this thread was made. Like, the match was so bad that I don't see how anyone could have enough sense of pride to make a thread on it, let alone put it up on youtube.

Khawner

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kh0njin
3DS FC
1864-9931-4634
If only there was a jump function and an air dodge function in this game, then Lucina would've had a chance.

Creativion

Smash Apprentice
umg, nu wombo combos, disliked and reported

The video and the combos were cool! But I suggest next time keep the intro a bit more brief. I also would suggest a bit better music. (The music in there wasn't that good for a battle. Maybe you could use some of the Smash music itself!)

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
It was bad play from both sides. So I honestly can't say I'm annoyed by the Wario player from "camping".

What I'm annoyed with is the fact this thread was made. Like, the match was so bad that I don't see how anyone could have enough sense of pride to make a thread on it, let alone put it up on youtube.
True,but I don't see why you would feel so good about making a player who is clearly less skilled than you feel bad. And of course like you said, the OP also was not playing that much better, he was just playing slightly better.

AngryCamel

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the advice! I personally thought the music was more suitable then something faster or "intense". I often put faster music in my other smash videos (mainly P.m) if u wanna check them out.
Yeah the intro was a bit long. Its just the easiest way for me to time the length of the song with the video.
And as for the wombo combos, I just haven't played enough doubles to really get anything great. If i had I woulda thrown it in.
Thanks for checkin it out and the feedback.

Runaway Chico

Smash Rookie
Okay let me get some things straight:
1. This was on my first night of playing the game.
2. I'm new to the smash scene (mostly play UMvC3, Persona, and SSF4)
3. My intentions weren't to troll the lucina player. I was frustrated and in a 20 lose streak with Wario. I tried something new and it worked.
4. I'm an ignorant @$$ for taunting.
5. Showed this video to my brother and my cousins (they play mostly SSF4). They didn't see it as much as a cheap game but a lame one. Playing the keep-away game= lame boring gameplay. Post up the video either way. But the word "trolling" was never mentioned.
So yeah, I changed my play style up a bit. Found some combo videos on Wario that I can utilize online. I'm sorry if I offended some for my boring gameplay.

Last edited:

NairWizard

Somewhere
3. My intentions weren't to troll the lucina player. I was frustrated and in a 20 lose streak with Wario. I tried something new and it worked.
5. Showed this video to my brother and my cousins (they play mostly SSF4). They didn't see it as much as a cheap game but a lame one. Playing the keep-away game= lame boring gameplay. Post up the video either way. But the word "trolling" was never mentioned.
So yeah, I changed my play style up a bit. Found some combo videos on Wario that I can utilize online. I'm sorry if I offended some for my boring gameplay.
You're a pretty cool dude; we were wrong about you. Respect.

Running away is an acceptable tactic in smash; we just all thought you were intentionally trolling an inferior player. I'll be the first to say that I was wrong, and welcome to Smashboards, if you're inclined to stay here.

Last edited:

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
Sorry about all that,but just know that a lot of us Smash players would see that as trolling.

kyxsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2423-2660-2706
In matches like that, I just wait for SD. then I play keep away :}

Synth177

Smash Rookie
Lol this thread, he was just doing what was in the game to win. If you don't like the fact that spamming bike, rolls, and playing very defensively may be a viable tactic, don't hate the player, hate the game.

Dagon97

Smash Journeyman
all the lucina player needed on the first stock was to sh nair or bair and then avoid the bikes then he wouldl've won.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Oooooooooh. Well, sorry. Look on the Wario boards for more information on tactics that don't involve this sort of keep-away. I hope you can improve and be able to have fun matches with people. Just try to avoid doing keep-away again (especially against more unskilled players who can't counter it), because when you do it it seems like you're doing it to deliberately annoy other players.

Good luck! :)

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
I'm really not trying to be a jerk or anything, just giving some advice for future reference here, but...if you really want your video to be received with any actual respect, never put any combos involving CPUs. It's kinda like Rule #1 about combo vids.

Good strings tho, very creative.

Kodachi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GhOsT-KoDa
Embrace the meta.

Can't wait to make you noobs QQ.

AngryCamel

Smash Apprentice
I'm really not trying to be a jerk or anything, just giving some advice for future reference here, but...if you really want your video to be received with any actual respect, never put any combos involving CPUs. It's kinda like Rule #1 about combo vids.

Good strings tho, very creative.
Thanks for the advice, but the game is still soooo new, so really I wasn't worried about "respect". If it was a Melee combo vid i could see that being an issue, but a game thats only been out for this long, really I didn't think a couple of cpu combos would be an issue. Just made it for fun and also cuz theres not many out there yet. Definitely will make another one later too.
Thanks for the tip.

lil T

Smash Journeyman
Idk if people know about it or anything but...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7tbj4GLjkc

This video is kinda loud because my mic was up hella up for whatever reason lol
Btw don't get offend and take anything i say after what happened seriously... I know people get mad when you diss there game even when its a joke lol

lil T

Smash Journeyman
Dayum, I'm just now reading all of these comments lmao
So far I have not lost to any mega man using Palutena on 3ds or Wii-U lol

lil T

Smash Journeyman
Also, I should probably say this, The guy playing mega man was not trying to us up-air to recover... lmao
He threw it out trying to predict and/or stop me from hitting him with a D-air or B-air while he recovered.
Not saying it was the best option just letting yall know he knows how to recover with mega man, Wall jumps in all lmao.

UncleSamPatriot

Smash Rookie

Greetings, I wanted to say that SSB4 is such a great game, I am disabled from central nervous system developmental disorder and Tourette too. You can play it on short bursts and enjoy it. My disease causes symptoms from everything that stimulates nervous system both physical and mental, symptoms like muscle spams, dizziness, tremor, involuntary movements, pain and so on. I do various physical training which has helped me immensely but with this game I noticed that this trains the brain to better take the impulses (Less motion sickness and so on.) and improve static muscle endurance (Matter of nerve pain so that can be improved quickly.) and I have been only playing it since European launch! I have attached video of me playing a 1-on-1 For Glory match, it is my best one so far, me as Little Mac against Fox. Very even one. If anybody would like to play with me or chat/anything, my Nintendo ID is "unclesampatriot".

\\Killer//

Smash Journeyman
I hope everybody enjoyed their Thanksgiving. I had a blast! Only down side is the huge amount of leftover food lol I'll figure how to deal with them while you guys enjoy the videos. XD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom