• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
So I think I'm gonna stick to full time, and if I'm like on my game, I'll probably bust my *** and work 60 hours a week which'll bring about like $2000 a month. After that, it's just working one more month and I'll net enough money to last me in Japan along with the scholarships that I got probably.

Also HI BRETT!
wtf lol how much u starting out at?

@tom yea they pretty much let u do OT up to 10 hrs a day

double post ftw

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
It's 9 a month, but if you work 60 hours (and ya, it's obscene but they'll let you work that much) you get to about 2 grand, and then you get bonuses if you do all the bonus stuff.

Even after taxes, i'm expecting to make a killing. I just need to bust my ***.

[edit]

Also if we ever did a crew battle vs Arkansas, I think the crew should look like:

Sars_Pirate.

I'll take off the 20 stocks, everyone else can go get lunch or something.

Shade_

Smash Ace
It's been so long since I've been to a power ranking. Sounds kinda fun. I'll be outa town visiting family July 4th though, so I dunno how busy I'll be before then. We'll see.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Got myself a room at University Greens for next semester. Got a theater/console room in the main lobby, and if I can fix my TV, I've got a 66'' Philips TV to stick in the foyer of the room. Plus I've got a swimming pool and golf course nearby.

It's gonna be tight.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
You know it.

But if I get a room on the second or third floor, screw the part about the TV. I'm not breaking my back trying to cart that thing up the stairs.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Dude joshua, you need to actually look at the specific unit you are renting before you commit, Gravity lives over there in the greens, and so did Jordan and the twins. They just throw you in whatever room they see fit, some of them are in really bad shape!

You need to request a lower level floor and ask to see it. Don't get screwed on contract man.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Get third floor, not lower floor, so you don't hear people being ******** above you.

I used to live at the Greens too, 5301, HOLLA TOM

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
I hate my cat so much. Start hyping August 20th I'm putting in room request monday.
Hope to see everyone (and their TVs) at the monthly!

We lost the 2 TX cars, one driver bailed, then the other driver decided that if they weren't all going he wasn't going to go, and I guess their best player is out of town. *sadface* but they are coming in august.

Since Cats, Yawara, Gravity, & Alex are gone does that mean I'm in the running for 3rd?

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
hmm........anybody wanna pay my gas and entry fee XD ill take first!

in other news i met a dude at work who used to play and is interested. i gave him the websites so maybe new blood. he has a life tho so it could just be an intrigue and that it.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I talked to my TL, and he actually told me that he wants me to call in today cause I've got the sniffles (like 3 other people called in yesterday so he thinks there's a virus going around).

HOLLA

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'm under the assumption that the finishing 9 from Chozo to my Wario is a telltale sign that I should not go any further with Wario.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
So much noise talking about crews lol

I like it, it'll be all the sweeter when we destroy you guys :)

actually I think it'll be fun, I'm interested to play this Zinth guy, as well as play Gravity some more. We had some fun matches. When are you guys coming to play us?

Scuddlefish

Smash Rookie
Fun games guys...congrats to Bryan and Yawara... had some awesome games with you.
Next time maybe I won't let you off so easy rawr.
Hope to see all of you more often.
I also enjoyed playing AH3 a lot and hope to learn some more of that and BB.
:)

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Fun games guys...congrats to Bryan and Yawara... had some awesome games with you.
Next time maybe I won't let you off so easy rawr.
Hope to see all of you more often.
I also enjoyed playing AH3 a lot and hope to learn some more of that and BB.
:)
Homingcancel is the community board for AH, it isn't particularly active but check it anyway:
http://homingcancel.com/

There is an extensive and in depth wiki that I suggest you check out:
http://arcana.mizuumi.net/wiki/Main_Page
System
Aracanas and their properts
as well as basic character combos and tips. Some advanced.

Shade_

Smash Ace
To be honest, Arcana Hearts looks like it has real fun game-play, but the continuous random high pitch voice audio would drive me crazy lol.

Scuddlefish

Smash Rookie
Thanks a lot Forest! You've been of good help recently thanks :).
I have my eye on Zenia and Heart( and possibly others)....trying to choose a main.

bassem6

Smash Lord
lol wario is good. sonic is also good.
Wario is garbage. Only gay thing you can do with him is run.

Yawara is the best.
Omg yawara. I swear to god, the only thing I could hear during my first set with tom was your trash talking. Its too good. I need you to do that at every monthly so that I can get accustomed to dealing with that because in bigger tournies I always get nervous when I hear people cheering for my opponent :(

So Tom and Bassem's sets yesterday were really good IMO. They should play like that more often.

And Bassem doesn't like the dudes, he likes the womenz.
Yeah except for when Tom sandbagged and picked pictochat :glare: And thanks bff :)

I'm under the assumption that the finishing 9 from Chozo to my Wario is a telltale sign that I should not go any further with Wario.
No...come under my wing...I will train you my son :cool:

Denti

Smash Master
DFW IS GOING TO BE THE PLACE TO BE THIS UPCOMING WEEKEND! YOU'RE INVITED TOO...

REVOLUTION 3! THIS STARTS AT 7PM AND LASTS UNTIL LATE NIGHT FRIDAY JULY 1st IN FORT WORTH TEXAS! [held by Denti]
&
PHASE X-2 IS NOON SATURDAY JULY 2nd IN DALLAS TEXAS! This is a :metaknight: banned tournament [held by UtdZac]

Revolution 3 will have Brawl, Melee and Smash 64 tournaments!

Phase X-2 will have the MAD HYPED theme teams event!

Your plan is obviously simple! Come to Revolution 3 Friday night, house with us, then drive(or ride with a fort worth player) to Phase X-2 (a simple 35 min drive) AND CHILL WITH THE EPIC DFW SMASH SCENE!

YOU'RE COMING RIGHT?!?!?!?!
:);):cool:

[if you need help with rides, housing or whatever! Feel free to contact me and we'll work something out! My toll free number is 405-923-7133]

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Hey I want to go to Revolution 3, but it seems the Melee peeps aren't down, are any Brawl players going? I will hitch a ride with you if there is room! Zinth you down?

I'll put 30 bucks of the travelfund to gas if we have a full car since I guess we aren't going to Genesis 2.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
How much is travel to Genesis, how much could the travel fund cover, etc? Because I would totally be down for skipping this weekend and going to Genesis if it's affordable.

Edit: Just realized that I'm going home this weekend, so I wouldn't be going to the Dallas tourneys anyway.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Last I checked, it's around $250 just for a round trip ticket to California. Then you have to cover meal expenses, the 40 dollar venue+singles fee, a hotel if no Cali resident can offer up a room, and so on.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I also did the number crunching for if we did drive, and it's $150 each person not including price to enter events whcih is like $60 bucks.

Also west coast gas prices increase as you get closer to Cali so it really is too expensive.

Top Bottom