• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oh dear... The impossible has happened ! WARNING SPOILERS (Smash 4 is hackable)

Hyped for this ?

• Total voters

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
There's no official guide on how to hack the Wii U yet is there?
There will never be any such thing. Hacking a system is unofficial by its very nature.

The link seems pretty straightforward. I haven't read it all that thoroughly (I'm supposed to be writing an English paper right now), but it looks like you can keep a vulnerable Wii U firmware version but trick the system into identifying itself as the latest version. Do note that if you're post-5.3.2 you'll have to format your system's memory.

Last edited:

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
It'll be interesting to see how all this turns out once modders get a better grasp on what they're doing.

Tripping.
In addition to a majority of the returning characters getting nerfed to oblivion.

Last edited:

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
How about yes? Nobody said the original Project M Dev team had to make it.
Project M was made out of spite. Whether you like Brawl or you don't, you can't say that the point of developing PM wasn't to give the middle finger to Sakurai and the Brawl community for daring to like a game that's based around mental acuity instead of mindless tech "skill".

Last edited:

TeddyBearYoshi

Banned via Warnings
Watchout!
I've been hearing all over about this. Has Nintendo fixed it yet?

Project M was made out of spite. Whether you like Brawl or you don't, you can't say that the point of developing PM wasn't to give the middle finger to Sakurai and the Brawl community for daring to like a game that's based around mental acuity instead of mindless tech "skill".
It wasn't.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
There's no official guide on how to hack the Wii U yet is there?
Not completely... They're still undergoing hacks on it from what I hear... But there have been minor hacks on character models like Chrom over Ike.

How about no?
How about a PM that has smash 4 graphics, but not complete smash 4 PM?

Other words... I don't care much for a smash 4 hack unlike PM. I just feel like smash 4 is good the way it is, but the hacks I would like is Buffs and Nerfs, stages, and Model colors for many characters. I mean, smash 4 is already customizable, like custom moves, stages, etc.

Last edited:

DualX

Smash Apprentice
How about a PM that has smash 4 graphics...
That's what a modded version of Smash 4 has the potential to be. The Wii obviously isn't capable of such details.

...but not complete smash 4 PM?
wat

So you are basically asking for another mod entirely. A Smash 4 mod based off of the speed of Melee and balancing of Project M would be amazing to see especially if custom moves were balanced properly or even fixed altogether. Custom moves would be more acceptable within tournaments and everyone would literately have their own characters going in (not to mention a much better online system too).

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
So you are basically asking for another mod entirely. A Smash 4 mod based off of the speed of Melee and balancing of Project M would be amazing to see especially if custom moves were balanced properly or even fixed altogether. Custom moves would be more acceptable within tournaments and everyone would literately have their own characters going in (not to mention a much better online system too).
How would modding the game would lead to a better online?

Last edited:

DualX

Smash Apprentice
I was referring to how the Wii U infrastructure is waaay better than what the Wii has as far as netcode and adding new people.

Khao

Smash Lord
wat

I'm pretty sure that the Project M dev team doesn't give a **** about people liking Brawl.

To claim that they created the project simply because they don't like your community is nothing but naive and egocentric. Of course, they did all that hard work because of you, not because it's what they wanted.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
Didn't think of it that way...

Top Bottom