• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oh dear... The impossible has happened ! WARNING SPOILERS (Smash 4 is hackable)

Hyped for this ?

• Total voters

Dhillz521

Smash Apprentice
So as most :4mewtwo:mains know I posted a thread about the Japanese win quotes for :4mewtwo:.
And as you scroll down you may see that I posted this:
Just wait till hacking becomes a thing. (Mewtwo's Victory Theme Is In A Sepererate File From The Other Pokes As Shown In The Ryu And Roy Leak Which Is Comfirmed.)
This Is What I Would Change It To :
EDIT: GOOD NEWS Hacking Might Be Here Soon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_qNaXnb20g
The Next Riivolution For WiiU. Which means.... JAPANESE WIN QUOTES ! (if someone finds out how to change the BRSAR.)
So for the people who hasn't looked in that thread it seems that hacking this game might be a thing.
Let me explain so some GUY (Mr.BeanVRsomething) Has exploited the Wii U and made some progress.
A Video showcasing progress
AND
Looks like something to be hyped for ! Now DISCUSS.These video's are MK8 but he says Smash should work.

THIS MEANS SMASH 4 IS HACKABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
What exactly does this mean?
It signals the start of the Wii U modding scene. Watching the videos, right now it's just simple stuff like using parts you haven't unlocked, or changing characters outside of the character select screen. But it opens up the potential for bigger, better mods like custom stages or model replacements.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
It signals the start of the Wii U modding scene. Watching the videos, right now it's just simple stuff like using parts you haven't unlocked, or changing characters outside of the character select screen. But it opens up the potential for bigger, better mods like custom stages or model replacements.
And when that day comes all hell is gonna break loose.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
....Is it doable with the latest version of the Wii U system menu?

If not, then we have a looong way too go.
IIRC yes it is, or at least that's the plan. Also iirc they're planning on releasing it to the public sometime around E3

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
spoiler that ****.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So the Roy and Ryu leak is real for good?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Ummmm.... Elaborate? :confused:
In the first post of Dhillon521 , he said that Mewtwo is considered as a "different theme" from the game and that he said after that the Ryu/Roy leak was real. But it is true?

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Will be looking forward to some costume mods once we reach that point of possibility.

And yes, from what I've heard, this works on the current Wii U system version.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's also been shown that Amiibos can be "emulated".

In this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBimdjWyFh0 Mr game and watch's amiibo is being used and it doesn't exist yet. Yet again though this is one of those solitary hackers who won't release the code for the public to use. I do really want to play with my Wii U's innards. I do want to create custom costumes... Just... let it happen. Oh and i do want a Amiibo spoofer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dhillz521

Smash Apprentice
But... The Cafiine thing is like a Riivolution for WiiU it does file replacement.
Also he has some more videos on his channel about this.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
While you are correct that the Wii U can be hacked, the person in those videos isn't telling anyone HOW to hack it, nor does he seem to have any plans to hack SSB4. Plus, it's fixed in the current version of Wii U's. So there's still some more time we'll need before we can hack SSB4.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Project M players who want Smash 4 to be modded just like their favorite mod :

It does open the doors, but it's not in the near future. I can imagine the game being modded in 2020 maybe. If there's not a new Smash at least.

Last edited:

chipndip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chiptendo
3DS FC
4098-3083-1621
It's also been shown that Amiibos can be "emulated".

In this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBimdjWyFh0 Mr game and watch's amiibo is being used and it doesn't exist yet. Yet again though this is one of those solitary hackers who won't release the code for the public to use. I do really want to play with my Wii U's innards. I do want to create custom costumes... Just... let it happen. Oh and i do want a Amiibo spoofer.
Making amiibo data without an amiibo there...isn't that illegal? Like, the success that Nintendo's getting with amiibos, and something like this pops up?

I've never been a fan of hackers for ethics-related reasons like these.

Dhillz521

Smash Apprentice
While you are correct that the Wii U can be hacked, the person in those videos isn't telling anyone HOW to hack it, nor does he seem to have any plans to hack SSB4. Plus, it's fixed in the current version of Wii U's. So there's still some more time we'll need before we can hack SSB4.
You're forgetting that this guy ISN'T the only one who has ascess to the code yet.
Plus here's alot more info ! WARNING SPOILERS !!!

Feal free to PM that NWPlayer guy on Youtube he can tell you ALOT more.
(He has videos on his channel about Cafiine too so check that out. Hes part of the Cafiine team.)

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
Interesting, but I do wish there was a skeptical option in the poll. I'm interested in seeing what comes of this (if anything), but I'm not going to really be hype until something interesting actually results from it. Theory's fun, but games and mods are more fun.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The only thing i just want is to hear the music i want in-game. No Project M 2.0 HD please, let's have one game that play different that Melee, OK?

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for being that guy but I really hope they patch the exploits soon.

There's no need to hack this game.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I'm really excited about the prospects of all this.

It's not just Melee-esque gameplay I'm talking about here
I wouldn't be against that though...
I just want to see lots of cool stuff like alternate costumes, stages, and music. We've managed to do a whole lot with Brawl modding, and considering that Smash 4 essentially runs on the same engine, I can't wait to see it taken further here.

Like for example, considering that many alts in Smash 4 have their own voice clips, maybe we could have an N64 Captain Falcon alt that uses ported over sound clips right from Smash 64, with the same bad quality lol

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If someone hacks in the best songs from Kid Icarus Uprising(not already in Smash), then I'll love this.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Mods will happen, pretty soon I reckon.

However, a mod can be anything. A mod can just be as simple as changing an interface icon, replacing Little Mac's KO Punch sound effect with "RULES OF NATUUURE!!!!" (I legit want to see this), or replacing Rosalina's textures with the one that's used beneath her gown, to make Cosmic Spirit Rosalina.

Don't expect "Super Smash Bros Wii U x 3DS: Project M Edition" anytime soon, AT LEAST not for another half a decade, and even then, that would only be the first musings of such a project.

I'm sure there will be plenty of cool Smash mods like alt costumes and stage hacks. However, I am much less excited for mods with this game than I am with other games. MK8 would be really cool with mods, and Super Mario 3D World/Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker seriously needs a level editor, and mods and hacking could provide that. Hyrule Warriors would also be amazing with mods, and Sonic Lost World could be cool too (and the Sonic hacking community, geniuses that they are, have already cracked that game wide open, or are at least quite close, from what I remember).

Last edited:

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Niiice, some extra costumes and fancier looking stages would be so sick.

I bet there will be a mod that recreates Smash4 like Brawl, complete with random tripping. I bet it would be called... Project B.

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
While this is interesting it's not terribly exciting for me because I know I won't be downloading any of them. Don't they brick systems they sense have hacks on them? While the possibilities of alt costumes, stages, etc can go even further than DLC with these hacks I probably won't look much into them.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If a modding scene starts for any Wii U games I like, I am getting a second Wii U for that.

Dhillz521

Smash Apprentice
While this is interesting it's not terribly exciting for me because I know I won't be downloading any of them. Don't they brick systems they sense have hacks on them? While the possibilities of alt costumes, stages, etc can go even further than DLC with these hacks I probably won't look much into them.
Hmmm... On the discussion of bricks. I highly doubt this would brick your console in fact I don't think it will at all because this is a exploit in the Browser that allows you to run unofficial code so if Nintendo were to patch this it will most likely just delete the hacks and not brick the console. But I might be wrong and maybe they will at some point be like Microsoft and brick your console if you hack. However I highly doubt this is the case.

Dhillz521

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
Any news about this?
They got a new video.
Oh and they said hopefully it will be out sometime after E3.
Notice the Pokemon music in the video.(Music hacking is a thing)

The only thing i just want is to hear the music i want in-game. No Project M 2.0 HD please, let's have one game that play different that Melee, OK?
Till that happens competive players won't think about Smash 4.(But who cares they can't play causal smash anyway)

Last edited by a moderator:

Merkabo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Merkabo
3DS FC
2895-8009-7813
Great. But I bet there is a huge difference in difficulty in comparison to brawl modding. Probably not user friendly. xp

Top Bottom