• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oh dear lord, Overswarm has been given a trial by the gods

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I am currently two wins into the bracket in this tournament, first seed in my pool. I beat Xivii (MK) and Rofa (MK); Rofa got 2nd at the tournament in California behind DSF.

My bracket, assuming I win all matches, looks like this:

Xivii
Rofa
Vidjo
Needle of Juntah
DSF

MK, MK, MK, GW, MK.

-_-;;

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
DSF mains Snake, MK, and DeDeDe to cover all his CP bases. He's also played Marth every once a while.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
WHEN is meta gonna get the ban-hammer?

edit: OS, is there gonna be recordings of these matches?

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Yeah, recordings abound.

Unfortunately, I lost to Vidjo; close game for the first, and then he had anticipated my counterpick and actually practiced it inbetween this tournament and the last. I got gimped right away as he had planned, and then got destroyed thoroughly after that.

I then had to play Kel, my crewmate, ANOTHER METAKNIGHT.

I lost to him, had I won, I'd have played another metaknight.

About to MM DSF; I'll have videos of that as well.

If you haven't figured it out by now, this is Overswarm on Dr. X's account.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
God I'm glad I don't live near these ****ing terrible tourneys.

Seriously, we have like 2-3 MK's here, a couple Snakes, a G&W, and then anything else that doesn't suck balls. I can not imagine moving from here now, wow.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Sounds like MD/VA, where at least 5-6 of the top 10 is usually MK :ohwell:

So OS is this your lowest tourney placing yet?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Well, if DSF wants to "cover his bases" he might as well go MK all the time, haha.

It's starting to get like I said, where eventually the metagame would devolve to nothing but MK dittos :\

Sudai

Stuff here
There's one good MK where I live. Then there's 15-20 cookie cutter MKs that are afraid to approach me while off stage (wtf? lawl.. no complaints though). I guess I'm kind of lucky?

GI Josh

Smash Journeyman
IN my area there arnt many MKs so Im lucky. There is like one MK at the tourneys I go to. We have a very wide variety characters here in Central Indiana
I'm making MK my noob slayer from now on... so you probably won't face him much more. So now you're super lucky!

Sorry bout your seedings OS

TeeVee

Smash Lord
Well, if DSF wants to "cover his bases" he might as well go MK all the time, haha.

It's starting to get like I said, where eventually the metagame would devolve to nothing but MK dittos :\
It starting to look like that

napZzz

Smash Hero
Meta ruins brawl

Its really sad, watch some videos of people like DSF an m2k. If they lose with snake or DDD they usually bring out meta knight. Its pathetic.

I say someone starts some kind of petition to ban meta knight!

TeeVee

Smash Lord
I'm sure it's been discussed in the back room MANY times whether meta deserves a ban, but recently it's becoming rediculous how many people are using him.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I'm sure it's been discussed in the back room MANY times whether meta deserves a ban, but recently it's becoming rediculous how many people are using him.
Any time one little flaw comes up with a character, the majority of the people flock to metaknight... it's a joke, a disaster, and a huge disappointment :\

I guess that's what America gets for being overly competitive. It's sorta like in Marvel vs. Capcom 2, where everyone would choose Magneto because he could infinite -_-

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Well, I lost to DSF's Metaknight but beat his Snake.

I just don't know what to do against MK, I really don't. I love the matchup and I probably know more about it every tournament, but it never really gets any easier because MK always has an answer... and while I can beat an MK, I can't beat EVERY MK IN THE WORLD when I have to play them back to back to back. Even worse, if someone is close to equal skill level (if not greater), I'm basically screwed.

I don't know what to do other than just MK ditto. :\

Overswarm

is laughing at you
DSF too good :)
He's never that great at the start of the match, but once the pressure builds up he maintains his composure when his opponent is cracking.

I didn't get to play him in tournament, sadly, so all I have are two money matches and a few friendlies at like... 5:30 in the morning. Everyone was a little loopy.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
Well, I lost to DSF's Metaknight but beat his Snake.

I just don't know what to do against MK, I really don't. I love the matchup and I probably know more about it every tournament, but it never really gets any easier because MK always has an answer... and while I can beat an MK, I can't beat EVERY MK IN THE WORLD when I have to play them back to back to back. Even worse, if someone is close to equal skill level (if not greater), I'm basically screwed.

I don't know what to do other than just MK ditto. :\
^^^ This is what more and more people are resorting to, and is the whole reason why there are becoming more and more metaknights. It's going to get to the point where EVERYONE at least secondaries meta, it's bound to happen really soon.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Also, my "seeding" had nothing to do with it. I had 1rst seed. :\

DSF had a surprisingly easy bracket except he had Anther, the ONE player he didn't want to face. Kind of a double-edged sword for him; he was able to breeze through everyone but then suddenly had to play Anther in an unfamiliar matchup after not having to think much in the prior matches. Vidjo, myself, and Needle of Juntah were all on the other side; soooo difficult. I wish I had been able to play Anther and then play DSF instead, but thems the breaks.

And yeah, MK is a plague.

indianunit

Smash Journeyman
Overswarm I only wish you the best in you're tournament and remember to strive for the top. As for metaknight....well....pick an equally top tier character that counters metaknight. Ie snake. And also don't lose you're composure, find a break in his fighting style pattern and abuse it to the max. I know easier said than done but DO IT man. And isn't metaknight weak against projectiles use that against him with ROB.

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
And yeah, MK is a plague.
Amen to that... As for the position you're in... A travesty at best. Senorpresidente has the right idea though, utilize R.O.B.'s projectiles. Having an instant laser and the gyro might be able to keep the Meta Knight's far away enough for a while, but thhe'll adapt... they always do...

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Try being me, I main the Ice Climbers and Kirby. -_-;

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
I feel like it's a phase, kinda like the whole Snake phase, y'know?

But I guess only time can really tell.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Metaknight, after sheilding a laser, can grab or dash attack you in the lag afterwards.

MK does well against Snake.

Also, there was never a "snake phase". There was people that weren't me getting owned by Snake, while Snake's in the MW got to meet my ROB. There were then no more snake players.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Yeah DSF mains MK, and secondaries Snake. Basically he is telling the best player from each area to main MK and secondary anyone else.

Yeah, he told me. And I am maining MK, he is like melee falcon.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
Yeah DSF mains MK, and secondaries Snake. Basically he is telling the best player from each area to main MK and secondary anyone else.

Yeah, he told me. And I am maining MK, he is like melee falcon.
Maybe hes trying to get him banned?

One can only hope...

Mr.E

Smash Lord
But if you main MK, you don't NEED to secondary anyone else. Even MK's toughest matchups are basically neutral and he's good on every level, unlike Snake who is also very strong of his own merits but loses to anybody that outcamps him and sucks *** on certain CP stages.

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
I like how you put it you have to face MK, MK, MK, ect... cause im pretty sure your opponents are doing the same. Aww man I gotta face a camping rob! **** it.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I like how you put it you have to face MK, MK, MK, ect... cause im pretty sure your opponents are doing the same. Aww man I gotta face a camping rob! **** it.
They say that once. I literally had it every match, win or lose. The only exception was at the very end of loser's, where I would have fought anther, or the winner's semi's, where I would have played G&W. I didn't play either of those matches (although Joel wrecked me in a MM later), but got a lot of MK practice. :\

Top Bottom