• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official ZANT Discussion Thread (TP spoilers)

Hallowed Storm

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to see Midna in the game if Sakurai has to choose between Zant and Midna. However, I think that Zant has the possibility of making it as an assist trophy.

Whisk

Smash Apprentice
I think Zant would be a great addition to Brawl.

True, his boss battle in Twilight Princess wasn't great but neither was Ganondorf's (In my opinion Argorok was the best boss battle of the game). he had a great character which contributed a great deal to TP.

Despite this he had a great character which contributed a great deal to TP, and I could really see Zant as a character in Brawl as opposed to other character suggestions. The move sets suggested seem decent enough and as a Final Smash the idea of him filling the screen with dark energy balls would be a great FS.

100% for Zant in Brawl.
Your very much welcome here, fellow Zant supporter! ^^ As I said before, his fight will be one I will remember throughout the rest of the Zelda series, and it was the funnest boss in battle in the game; a much funner fight than Ganondorf (though seeing Ganondorf stare at the fishing rod was pretty amusing.) And Argorok's fight was one of my top favs as well.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Nah, if anything they'll keep ganondorf for last if that happens, cause TP ganondorf is just too cool, not as cool as ridley tough...

If ANY newcomer zelda character is shown its midna or WW link...

Shuma

Smash Hero
I don't like Zant, he was a ****ing Weirdo, besides isn't he, dead?(i do know that doesn't lower his chances, just asking).

Besides isn't Midna like more probable? Zan would be ok... if he has his helmet and doesn't "speak".

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace
I don't like Zant, he was a ****ing Weirdo, besides isn't he, dead?(i do know that doesn't lower his chances, just asking)..
Well ganon always either dies or is trapped some where at the end of games so no it doesn't lower his chances one bit. besides you are playing as the trophies not the characters themselves.

Do any of you think that Zant's inclusion would jeopardize Ganondorf's in case Zant was confirmed first?
Not at all. is the other way around

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well ganon always either dies or is trapped some where at the end of games so no it doesn't lower his chances one bit. besides you are playing as the trophies not the characters themselves.
Ganon never really dies...

Shuma

Smash Hero
The Triforce appears and dissapears, when it dissapears it's sleeping, so Ganondorf "dies" when the Triforce wakes up, he returns.

Or something like that.

pass the syrup

Smash Journeyman
they need more insane twilight dark magic power hungry weird voiced teleporting creeps in brawl. (i am not sarcastic)

me gives ZaNt a tumbs upp

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You don't need the Wii if you have the Gamecube, unless you don't have that either, then you'll really have to wait.
thank you for replying with that info more than a month later...

2 MONTHS later

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
I personally think Zant would be a pretty good boss for Subspace. I don't think he has much potential as a playable character. But it would be fun to see, I dunno, Samus or Donkey Kong fighting Zant or something in the Story Mode. Or maybe he could be an Assisst Trophy.....No clue what he'd do!!

antimatter

Smash Lord
ive never played twilight princess. ive only played four swords adventures for GC, and the two Oracle games.

SeeThroughGlass

Smash Rookie
Oh happiness,

Zant is awesome! he is/was the most unique enemy in TP and probably the entire series, as he is one of the only characters to have a more lagitement (spelling?) reason than other enemies (even though he was a 'puppet', other than the 'i am a big bad guy and evil and i must take over hyrule blah blahetc thing , which almost always commonly used for ganondorf. he was desperate and angry for losing his chance to become king of the twili place, so he took his chance with a god to rule every thing else, to finally rule something.) At the end when your just about to fight him he suddenly loses that leadership, authoritive, evil 'mood' and turns into some (what probably he was like before he had power) sycopathic nutjob (which to me was totally awesome!)to lose that atmosphere of bieng completely evil and become some kind of err, crazy thing. must have meant he was very tense of bieng this daunting, stiff figure and he lost it, went very angry/(happy?) and just went nuts.

In brawl he should be very jittery and constanly moving, a kid on 10 cans of RB. his move set i think should be completely bent on magic and speed, with minor roles of close combat (in-game he only really uses his feet and those swords)

STANDARD B:
energy blasts from his hands. yep you have said it but think it shoud be aimable on a 90 degree axis (he can shoot in front of him and slowly aim up to the top NO FURTHER) and he is completely still while doing so, therefore he is vulnerable from behind. this attak would fire 1 per 0.75 seconds doing minor damage and minor knockback. (cannot be charged and fired on the move)

B > OR <:
Tthat spin attack exactly how you have all described (gets dizzy if in too long etc)

B Down:
gee err... i let you guys do that

B ^:
he shuld become that twilight matter (those black little rectangle things that link uses to teleport every where with) and go a long distance (roughly zeldas length.)

SM:
i guess zant should make his abillity something he would of used in tp - going absolutly spastic and unpredictable! so i can imagine him (lasting from atleast 30 to 60 seconds) going spastic (amp the 5 redbulls to about 50) and appaearing add random spots on the map using his teleport thingo, and going spastic from one side of the stage moving SUPER FAST to the opposite side, doing tons of spastic moves, disappearing and appearing at another side and repeat. this would match his character as he screams and moves unpredictability (perhaps give the controller choice of where he starts on the map) giving oppenants no choice but to consantly jump, move, avoid all whilst keeping out of contact with Zant and opponents who decide to use this to there advantage. shields should be completely useless as this would make them practically impervious to it.

ahk head hurt from writing i stop now...

Edit: by the way the reason this is my first post is becauese i only signed up to post 'here'! as not much other characters are good enough for me to be on brawl!.

Whisk

Smash Apprentice
@SeeThroughGlass: It's glad to see that someone else appreciates Zant like I do. A shame that most people don't like him or want him in Brawl because he's "crazy", a "weirdo" or not a cliched villian like Ganondorf (whom I rather dislike). As well, just because people don't like him, doesn't mean he shouldn't be in Brawl. Saddens me though that on sites like DeviantArt I see little to no fanart of Zant and yet tons of Link, Zelda, Midna, and even more of Ganondorf than him. When I get better at drawing people I'm going to need to draw him some fanart.

Fancy that, I believe I signed up for the same reason: to support him for Brawl since not many others want to. Either way, he's going to be in Brawl, somehow. If not a playable character then at least an Assist Trophy. They've added a lot of TP content so far, why not get him some more recognition.

In conclusion: Fishman...er, I mean, ZANT FOR BRAWL!

Whisk

Smash Apprentice
yeah... I prefer Zant over Midna.
I have trouble choosing which one of them are my favorite. They each have their own unique qualities that I like about them, but I tend to support Zant more because he's the one who really needs it--Midna has plenty supporters.

Whisk

Smash Apprentice
zant was just a zombie that was controlled by ganon..
midna would get in over zant but he would make
a good assist trophy
What do you mean a zombie? He had his own agenda of what to do. Being misled by Ganondorf however, he didn't exactly know what Ganon was really planning (to betray him in the end). Ganondorf is nothing but a manipulator who's only in the benefit for himself.

Whisk

Smash Apprentice
I was quite fond of the idea of having Zant in Brawl after I played TP the first time, unfortunately it died out, he'll most likely be a boss anyway.

He'll definately appear in Brawl in some form, they already have a lot of TP content so they should include him and Midna. But what if Ganondorf was the Subspace Boss instead? Or Vaati? Nintendo has been known to do the weirdest things... (PictoChat level anyone?)

Top Bottom