• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official ZANT Discussion Thread (TP spoilers)

El HP

Smash Ace
SO what if hes a puppet, we all tough he was the guy to beat in TP, until about 3/4 of the game u realize its ganon, still Zant is one of the most coolest bosses in TP, and possibly zelda history, and when u faced him, he goes completely psychopatic, the guy is freakin insane, makin a totally new twist I was not expecting, I didnt like it at 1st, but now I love fighting the guy for how much fun is battling him... the guys is insane, psychopatic and weird, and not to mention totally evil, the guy is unique and can be in brawl, what ur saying of him being stupid is just BS, would u care to debate WHY u think hes stupid, or is it becaus eu dont like him and u dont want him in brawl?
Ganonodorf was already confirmed to appear in the game therefore anyone knew he was the final boss.

He acts like a child who does not get what he wants, jumping like an idiot, sreaming like an idiot and yeah i dont want him to appear simply because other series need more representation and Zelda already has 4 characters.

Stryks

Smash Hero
They will probably cut Y link and sheik, so that makes 3, and since the roster itself is growing adding more zelda character will not hurt, seeing how the TP game is a huge success, having characters from that series should be added, and seing how midna is so popular now, and zant being one of the main guys to be they have a good chance, the guy is psychopathic, thats why he does the stuff he does, Zant is way better as a fighter than some fat guy that uses farts as a weapon (yeah wario)...

El HP

Smash Ace
Well guess what that fat guy not only is the protagonist of one but two series and he is already in. Zant is not a psycopath want an example of a psycopath check out Hannibal, Zant suffers Down syndrome.

You say Zant is a better fighter? with that gay style he uses with the sword i dont think so, Wario is a fighting machine not a lame second rate character.

Stryks

Smash Hero
how is a main boss who spreaded evil trough the land of hyrule a second rate character? The guy turned midna inot and imp, he transform the Twili into freakish looking monsters, he revived a giant skeletal dragon with a sword, he broke the twilight mirror into pieces, and almost completely killed midna by using light against her, the guy is evil, insane and psychopatic, he did WAY more than Sheik did in OoT, and shes in meee, hell he did more than ganondorf in TP!, hes quite possibly one of the funnest bosses to beat in TP, making him a possible candidate in brawl, now dont give me lame BS excuses, give facts of why he wouldnt worked or be in brawl, which I doubt u can do, vamos te reto (Im guessin u speak spanish)

El HP

Smash Ace
Zant no va a estar en brawl porque seguramente si alguien mas de Zelda aparece en el juego ese seria Vaati el villano principal de Four Swords, Minish Cap, Skull Kid o alguno de los villanos que aparecieron en los oraculos mas bien mi pregunta es que te hace pensar que Zant merece aparecer en smash que los antes mencionados, sheik aparece en melee simplemente porque es zelda.

WR3K

Smash Ace
that wasnt an invitation to speak espanol

vaati? skullkid? they all could get an invitation but we arent discussing that...

whether they are more DESERVING?

a case for vaati could be made but theres plenty of threads for that, plus zants recent and vaati's mainstreamenss could be questionable

skullkid? he was in ONE sequel 10 years ago.... and just an enemy/ character in others

Stryks

Smash Hero
Zant no va a estar en brawl porque seguramente si alguien mas de Zelda aparece en el juego ese seria Vaati el villano principal de Four Swords, Minish Cap, Skull Kid o alguno de los villanos que aparecieron en los oraculos mas bien mi pregunta es que te hace pensar que Zant merece aparecer en smash que los antes mencionados, sheik aparece en melee simplemente porque es zelda.
Vaati has a good chance, but so if Zant, a bad guy doesn thave to be sane and just evil to be great, awesome, popular and a fighter, Zant rpoves this in TP, but seeing how Zant and midna are very popular mong wii owners and thos ethat played TP, he has a good chance, now can u give me facts and of why zant doesnt have a chance to be in brawl??...

D

Deleted member

I just beat Zant. I haven't seen a crazier Zelda character since Ralph. All that screaming, and the hand movements....it freaked me out.

But IMO, Zant is still the best character in twilight princess.

El HP

Smash Ace
Im not saying he does not has a chance basically every nintendo character has a chance it is the fact he is not more deserving than the characters I already mentioned.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
I just beat Zant. I haven't seen a crazier Zelda character since Ralph. All that screaming, and the hand movements....it freaked me out.

But IMO, Zant is still the best character in twilight princess.
No way, Ganondorf! I like his new look and voice. But the best thing about him is that
he can die with a sword in his chest while standing on Hyrule Field

Zant, I don't know. He is a major character in TP so putting him in could be a wise thing. However, like other people said, there may be better choices out there. Vaati is my first choice. And Wolf Link could add some totally new gameplay stuff to the game (even though I perfer slashing characters rather than biting them). But Zant could be in imo.

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
Maybe some type of Ganon/Zant fusion would be implemented...

Anyway, Gdorf dead standing shows that he's strong as a mofo. Nothing like trying to do a shield-bash and getting kicked in the face...

blazefox

Smash Journeyman
Zant... hmm, possible IMO, but i would rather see some female villians, like twin rova, but idk how they could make a moveset for her, i mean, ice climbers were differant. Anyway, Zant is a crazy person (literally): something new for brawl. An awesome addition imo, and i'd like to see the development team do it.
Ohh, and beside, I think brawl should explore the heavyweight column as well (considering Zant would qualify for it) cuz bowser and ganondorf didnt just cut it for me.

WR3K

Smash Ace
agreed on the heavyweight subject

but idk where zant would fit in for weight, he actually seems like he would be really floaty and hes skinny under those clothes.... im thinking marth like floatyness with maybe link weight

Stryks

Smash Hero
Link-like weight sounds good to me, I believe he is skinny, just check that super long neck, its the clothes that make him look bigger...

Justin

Smash Apprentice
If Zant gets a Brawl spot then the Postman should definately get one too. Future top-tier character right there.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Believe me, I have over 3000 posts, I have heard people suggestest the post man, kafei, shadow, master chief and others that its hard to know when one is joking or not XD...

Justin

Smash Apprentice
Believe me, I have over 3000 posts, I have heard people suggestest the post man, kafei, shadow, master chief and others that its hard to know when one is joking or not XD...
lol sorry bro. There are actually people out there that are serious about the Postman? haha it never fails to amaze me...

But about Zant, I'd imagine him to have pretty good speed because he was a quick ***** when you fight him in TP.

WR3K

Smash Ace
he should have an akward combination of mild floatyness, mild speed, and mild weight with some bizzarre and very unconventional moves

Stryks

Smash Hero
I found this on wikipedia, is a quote from some guy, it actually makes sense, about the part where zant apepars and snaps his neck, and thus kills ganondorf:

Quote from Rowedahelicon "Zant snaping his neck symbolizes his final hatred for Ganondorf, he was pushed around all his life and this was his chance to mentally redeam himself. He was ressurected by Ganon which explains his reappearence. He killed Ganon by snapping his neck mentally to symbolize that he is more powerful than people think. So basicly it meant Zant is trying to redeem himself, making right for his many wrongs (Possibly contributed by Imp Midna's final words to him.) The real question is that if Zant is still a enemy or if that he is still alive. Ganon's power was lost (triforce fading away at the end) then Zant saw his chance to finish him for good. This could mean Ganondorf is killed forever. Meaning new dark lord's might come in future games or possibly Zant being one of them."

Obcoruse this is just an opinion from some guy, but makes sense, if indeed ganondorf last appearance is in TP, then we can expect new dark lords, inluding zant who may now be the main guy...

Tough I highly doubt it, ganondorf will probably reappear, not to mention WW is after TP, adn ganondorf may have reincarnated/return between the timeline of these 2 games, still if what this guy says is true, zant may reappear in other zelda games, and may rival againsr ganondorf, if this is true the zant has a better chance then we may think...

again this was some opinion from some guy, he may be right or wrong, oint is I just wanted to show it here...

AtticusFinch

Smash Journeyman
he should have an akward combination of mild floatyness, mild speed, and mild weight with some bizzarre and very unconventional moves
I agree WR3K, and to add to that, he should have a pretty high jump, it would match his crazy movements, and he should fast fall too.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
zant is pretty cool. he could like, summon those fake zants or the zant heads and stuff. Vaati would be neat too since he had a sword and transforms a bunch of times.

Zant vs. Vaati!

Hmmmm....... Probaly Zant is better but i dont know.

Chinkku397

Smash Rookie
in the end ganondorf leaves his body and Zant shows his true self.... while showing the loss of his sanity....

whether you liked his phsycotic and childish persona or not, you know he would be a very interesting brawl character

whether midna and wolflink get in together or not, i hope Zant is included... his personality is trualy unique and could really stand out in the crowd, maybe offer some comic relief...

his moveset could be very exotic and fresh, with his warping and twilight magic

he could use his red energy balls and even his hack n' slash blades he swings around at the end for a few attacks...

feel free to discuss movesets and themes for him to be in brawl

it would be cool to see his many colors as well in SSBB

SUGGESTED MOVESET:
courtesy of STRYKS

Zant full moveset:

Stats:
Power: 4/5
Height: 4/5
Speed: 3.5/5
recovery: 3.5/5
weight: 3/5

A: Punch [3%]
AA: Punch [3%]
AAA: Knee [4-6%]

tilts:
Forward tilt: Big Boot [10-14%]
Up tilt: will thrusth his hand upward [9-12%]
Down Tilt: same as mario's [11-13%]
back Tilt: back elbow [10-14%

Smash:
<> Smash: Kinda like marios, only with a dark energy ball instead of the fire, and uses both hands [20-24%]
Up smash: does a jump and hits oponents with helmet [23-27%]
down smash: Sends his fist to the ground making a shockwave, anyone within the shockwave's way will get hit [18-23%]

running a:
Running with daggers *The move he does on the final stage when u fight him, gives 4 hits* [3-4% per hit]

aerials:
A: Sex kick [15-19%] *may think of something else*
AFA: Hammer punch *With both hands, he sends the oponent staright down, its a spike, after executing the attack he does a 360 degree turn, nad places himself in falling position* [17-22%]
ABA: Back kick [17-20%]
ADA: Same as ganondorf's [16-20%]
AUA: Similair to zelda's, but with a dark energy ball [18-22%]

Grab:
Hold: Hold oponent by the neck (choking)
attack: Sends dark-color electricity trough the oponents body
Forward throw: simply throws the oponent forward [14-17%]
back throw: sends him backwards and shoots shadow darts at him [20-22%]
Dwon throw: Sends oponent downward, and the stomps on the oponent rapidly about 2-4 times *just like he stomps on the 2nd stage when u fight him, only faster* [17-20%]
Upward throw: same as back throw only upwards

B moves:
B: Shadow darts: Those energy attacks that he does in the game, could be chargeable and thrown, but he cannont keep the charge, like samus and mewtwo style, once fully charged, or u let the attack go and someone will attack u when ur vulnerable...
<>B: Psycho spin: the spin he does in the game, would work like yoshis <>B, only thing is, if u use it too much, zant will get dizzy for 2-3 secs, and thus vulnerable
Down B: Zant shadow: This move will be hard to explain... the longer u hold the b button, the more powerful it gets, it has a max-power point, when it reaches it, the attack will unleash itself... anyway, an energy ball-like attack will appear in the ground, this ball will increase in size, depending on how long u hold b, u can use the control stick to move the ball, thus this ball will move farther or closer to zant depending in which direction u tilt the control stick, release b or charge it completely and the attack will burst and make a poweful attack and damage those near it, imagine like a mini volcano eruption, spitting the lava upward, but instead of lava it dark/shadow energy...
Upb: Teleportation: This move is sell explinatory (spell it rite?), he disappears and reapears in the directioon u til the control stick...

super: he will dash forward, if he strikes someone in his way, he will hold him/her/it with his hand, grabbing the neck, thus choking him/her/it, then zant will charge with his other hand a powerful energy, he then says "Fear the king of twilight!!!" witha menacing voice, then shoots the enery straight to the choking victim, unleashing a devastating dark attack that damages the oponent considerably...

Taunts
Taunt in game: Doeas a weird wacky pose
victory taunt: He levitates and dark energy starts to surround him
Victory taunt2: he stands on his knees, worshiping ganondorf, being his "god" and all...
victory taunt3: He laughs with an evil voice, the with one hand, he holds a dark energy ball...

kirby hat:
Kirby gets zants helmet-mask thing...

some pics:

Those movesets make sense. I totally agree!!! ZANT FOR BRAWL!!! Most people I've talked to said Zant would suck in Brawl but I don't know why. His ADA could be a drill-like attack, kind of like what Mario does but with his head, instead of the spike that Ganondorf does.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Those movesets make sense. I totally agree!!! ZANT FOR BRAWL!!! Most people I've talked to said Zant would suck in Brawl but I don't know why. His ADA could be a drill-like attack, kind of like what Mario does but with his head, instead of the spike that Ganondorf does.
I agree. Dair should be some kind of drill attack.

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
SPOILERZ ALERTS:
I cant believe this thread hasnt been posted on for since march (whats up with that?) either n00bs always trying to make new threads (yay hippocrasy) or some god-awful witchcraft to make this thread unfindable, Zant would be friggin awesome in brawl. I could sadly see him demoted to a mewtwo clone, or possibly an AT, but Zant would ownz0rZ as a playable. hes current, possibly the very twisted nintendo villain in history, and a far better choice than other crap mentioned these days (geno, tom nook,laughing dog) et cetera et cetera. I'd personally liked the way you fought him in the last part of the boss battle, wielding two blades in hand, hacking and slashing in a haphazardly way. though its just too much work to think of a move set for him, its easy to imagine... ZANT FTW!!!
EDITZ:and i never thought of that stryks, he actually killed ganon at the end, not link for once. thus, this guys the fuddin' awesomest villain in videro game historys!!!! he killed him man, if thats not a sign of bada** insanity, I don't know what is... Zant would only be defeated in brawl if chuck norris himself is in it...

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure the name itself is a TP spoiler...

C'mon, how many of you really thought that Zant was Ganondorf until they stated otherwise??

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
to be honest, I thought TP would've been the best game ever... until I found ganon was in it. that pretty much ruined the ending of that game to me.... I was ready to have a game without him, when bam! he's being revived by zant... "f***". I honestly think that not being ganondorf was pretty cool, until they just turned him into a puppet at the end...

Whisk

Smash Apprentice
After reading this thread I can most definately say that Zant is one of the top three characters I would like to see in Brawl. Here are my reasons...

He is definately an underrated character with a small fanbase, despite the game he's in being rather popular and the first Zelda game for the Wii. Even though he is a very important character in Twilight Princess, many people dislike him and don't think he should be in Brawl, however I disagree. Definately one of the most unique characters in the Legend of Zelda in personality and design, Zant also added humor to the game and face it--it wouldn't be Twilight Princess without him... Yes, he's psychotic and has a childlike personality at times, but that make him all the more interesting. And the poor guy didn't get much glory due to Ganondorf using him like a puppet in the end. As for weather he should be an AT of playable character; I'd think he'd make a better playable character due to the moves you've seen him using while fighting him. Many people would prefer to have Midna over him, but in my opinion Midna's attacks are kind of limited so she'd be better off as an AT (sorry to say).

To sum it all up: Brawl would definately have much better selection if Zant was in it, being that there is now a Twilight Princess level confirmed and it would be nice to have at least one psychotic character to add some comic releif to the game (not to mention Smash needs more villians and Legend of Zelda is their second most popular series.).

As for moveset and fighting style would you like any suggestions..? I've got some.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
I would cry. Zant began the game as an awesome villan. Cold, cruel and willing to slaughter innocent lives for control of Hyrule, I thought that Zant would be a villan to even kick Ganon's ***.

I was wrong.

First off, you got to see him without his mask. Instead of being some sort of cool, demonic like snake dude, we end up getting some buffonish idiot Twili who looks less threatining than a marshmallow. Then, during his entire backstory speech, we find out he's a coward and even more of an idiot. THEN, during the battle with him, not only does he act like a clown, but makes stupid noises when attacks as well.

Zant in brawl? Sure he's unique, but do you really want an idiotic cowardly clown who throws fits? I certainly don't.

'Sides. Ganon was SOOOOOOOOOOO cooler anyways.

Whisk

Smash Apprentice
Okay, he may not be what most people consider badass, but he's still a great villian despite Ganondorf totally ruining his role. He's odd, sure, but definately Smash material and him coming back is a possibility. Ganondorf always comes back and Zant did state that Ganondorf will ressurect him without cease, and if Ganondorf keeps coming back, then maybe he might take the time to revive him, who knows. (That's just a theory)

And Midna coming back is probable too, because at the end rather than saying goodbye she said "See you later." before breaking the mirror, so there might be another way. And Zelda did state that light and twilight are like two sides of the same coin; one cannot exist without the other.

I have a feeling they will put him in the game (most likely as a secret character.) After all, a day before the Bridge of Eldin level was out, I was at the bridge on TP and knew, this is going to be a Brawl level. And your probably going to hate me for saying this, but I prefer the idiotic cowardly clown who throws fits over Ganondorf.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
Sure, Zant is cool and all, but so are plenty of other Zelda characters. The question isn't "is Zant cool enough to make a good character?" as many Zelda figures fit this requirement. The question is:
"Is Zant SIGNIFICANT enough to make a cool character?"
Unfortunatley, I believe the answer is no, at the present time. Unless Zant can make a comeback as a recurring Zelda character, he's just one of the many cool yet reletivley insignificant characters the Zelda series has to offer.

And just for the record, Gannondorf is awesome.

Top Bottom