• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
Rhyme is back! Finally, where've you been? Also, please don't talk in the thirth person, we've Tera for that... And she's already daymn annoying. >_<

Anyways, to stay on topic; I wouldn't care who stays and who goes. Just cut Dr.Mario and Sheik, and make Donkey Kong return. The more characters they cut, the more space for newer ones I say. ;)
I talk in third person alot... and always have to resist from doing it here :urg: ~D3~

All characters that arn't clones should return (not including gannon, and falco), with the exception of sheik don't know how that will work out.

ºOblivionº

Smash Journeyman
This topic has been boring for a long time, I thought people were only posting in here to increase their post count. >.> ( im almozt at 150 )

ºOblivionº

Smash Journeyman
Teh, I cant wait.. i heard him say that when mairo jump into his super smash attack, his suit changes for that breif moment then he unleashes the gaint fireball.... teh RumoRz

blackmagicmoe

Smash Rookie
Im pretty new here and my main character is Donkey Kong... Is he confirmed or not... i know hes probably a shoe in but i just wanted to make sure..

anyways the characters i think will be featured in brawl

1 Mario
2 Luigi
3 Yoshi
4 Birdo( only cause shes the only character i can only see coming from the yoshi series)
5 Donkey Kong
6 Diddy+Dixie tag Team
7 Peach
8 Toad or Daisy
9 Bowser
10 Bowser Jr
11 Captain Falcon
12 Someone from the F-Zero Franchize(never played it)
13 Link***could change into young link via ocarina
14 Ganondorf
15 Zelda
16 Fox
17 Falco
18 Kirby
19 Meta Knight
20 Wario
21 Samus(zero suit samus)
22 Pit
23 Snake
24 Sonic
25 Mega man(or another 3rd party character)
26 Pikachu
27 Mewtwo( or another pokemon )
28 Marth or Roy
29 Waluigi>possibly
30 Daisy>possible

I will say this.... pokemon is one of nintendo's greatest franchizes, however i think they shouldnt put any more pokemon in.... 2 is good enough. What i would do is make all pokemon(384) available to come out in the pokeballs...cause honestly it would be great if you drawed a different pokemon each time you threw a pokeball in brawl. I like the randomness in it and it would make the game so much better. cause im tired of drawing just a blastoise charizard or venusaur and others in melee.. anyone agree??

Also i believe young link should stay... only if they make it so that link can change into young link by playing the ocarina( like zelda can change into sheik and vise versa) and young link can change back into young link by using the windwaker.. it would make all fans happy. Although if they do that, they should give young link more moves that are totally different such as using his slingshot (cause he didnt have a bow and arrow in ocarina of time and shouldnt have had one in melee)

Diddy and Dixie should be the next tag team players... cause people use ice climbers but not a lot of people... they should come out with a new tag team instead of bringing back ice climbers... it would make the game so better....

:chuckle:

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Im pretty new here and my main character is Donkey Kong... Is he confirmed or not... i know hes probably a shoe in but i just wanted to make sure..
He has not been confirmed yet. I agree he's a shoe in, though.
4 Birdo( only cause shes the only character i can only see coming from the yoshi series)
Birdo has never been in a Yoshi game.
What i would do is make all pokemon(384)
There were 386 Pokemon as of Ruby and Sapphire and are now 493 as of Diamond and Pearl.
anyone agree??
I wouldn't mind seeing some new faces.
Also i believe young link should stay... only if they make it so that link can change into young link by playing the ocarina( like zelda can change into sheik and vise versa)
It wasnt' the ocarina that changed him, though...It was the temple and the sage.
(cause he didnt have a bow and arrow in ocarina of time and shouldnt have had one in melee)
He had it in Majora's Mask, though.
Diddy and Dixie should be the next tag team players... cause people use ice climbers but not a lot of people... they should come out with a new tag team instead of bringing back ice climbers... it would make the game so better....
I'll take Diddy by himself and...while I do like all the Kongs, I wouldn't be sad if Dixie didn't make it. And Ice Climbers should stay. :/

blackmagicmoe

Smash Rookie
my bad.... i wasnt counting the other 107 because diamond and pearl are coming out in april and my mistake on yoshi...Ive never played majoras mask so i couldnt tell about young link and the fairy bow. i have collectors edition LOZ and i was told majoras mask was boring but i neve rplayed it... Ill look into it. and as for the rest you have your own opinion i just believe they would be great as a tag team.. ice climbers are out dated... in my own opinion again i believe only characters who have had a game come out in the lest ten years should stay. do you agree with me on the link young link changing form thing..? i think it would be cool for the wind waker idea to stay for young link to change into adult link but they should have link put his sword back in the ground to transfer back to young link though... is it a good idea? i think so

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Diamond and Pearl will probably be out before SSBB, though.

Majora's Mask is awesome ; ;. I don't really like the idea of Link transforming. I think they could get away with having TP Link and WW Link in as seperate characters. No need to transform even though it wouldn't make sense since they're different people...

blackmagicmoe

Smash Rookie
very true.... ive never played twightlight princess but ww is a good game as well... just a thought though but they already have twighlight princess link and wind waker link would be even better...

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I think Ice Climbers should stay in the game, and stay the only team. Diddy worked with DK as well, not just Dixie. And, Dixie worked with Kiddy Kong.
ps-its funny, DK seems to be in the least amount of donkey kong games (not including donkey konga series & king of swing-those are disgraces), and yet ever single game is named after him...

Red Exodus

Smash Master

anyways the characters i think will be featured in brawl

1 Mario
2 Luigi
3 Yoshi
5 Donkey Kong
6 Diddy+Dixie tag Team
7 Peach
8 Toad or Daisy
9 Bowser
10 Bowser Jr
11 Captain Falcon
12 Someone from the F-Zero Franchize(never played it)
13 Link***could change into young link via ocarina
14 Ganondorf
15 Zelda
16 Fox
17 Falco
18 Kirby
19 Meta Knight
20 Wario
21 Samus(zero suit samus)
22 Pit
23 Snake
24 Sonic
25 Mega man(or another 3rd party character)
26 Pikachu
27 Mewtwo( or another pokemon )
28 Marth or Roy
29 Waluigi>possibly
30 Daisy>possible
Some people there have too much potential to be clones, like Daisy. If you want Daisy pick Peach and press X or Y a few times, she's already in Melee.

Link changing to YL wouldn't make much sense, and Bowser Jr. is practically begging to be a clone of his pop.

If Zelda comes back she would probably come back with Shiek, there's not a lot going on with either of them in the story as far as I know [I haven't played TP yet] so removing Shiek would make Zelda boring as a character.

And Birdo, just not gonna happen, Birdo is just a filler in sports and is no where to be found in recent games. Birdo is in the same boat as Toad and Waluigi. They are also fillers, it'd be a miracle if they make the cut.

blackmagicmoe

Smash Rookie
hmm i spose all of you are right... i just thought it would be cool... and i take back what i said about waluigi daisy and toad... i still think diddy and dixie would make a great tag team.. oh well my fantasies arent important to nintendo or pal anyway.:-p

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Okay, there are many characters I want, and there are characters I don't mind having in, but there's ony character I definitely DON'T want to see.

And that's Daisy.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Waluigi is just a wario-luigi rip off, daisy at least had a role in a REAL mario game, super mairo land, ulike waluigi that appears only in party and sports games...

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Waluigi is just a wario-luigi rip off, daisy at least had a role in a REAL mario game, super mairo land, ulike waluigi that appears only in party and sports games...
Whatever. I just don't see Daisy as a good character. Yeah, she was in an "actual" game, but what did she do in that game?

Nothing.

There's a lot more that Waluigi has done then she has!

Stryks

Smash Hero
true daisy did little, but cmon it was back in the 8-bit era, there was no storyline backk then, just save the princess and u clear the game, maybe waluigi has done more, I dont know, but he has done LITTLE in comparison with bowser Jr and toad, and kamek for that matter, but he should be a yoshi character anyway, geno, I have to mention him, only appeared in one game, and cameod in others, still his popularity is off the roof and he had a big role in one of marios greatest games, so we may have 3 new mario characters, + mario, luigi, peach and bowser that will surely return, thats a total of 7, 8 if they add waluigi, seriously havin 8 mario characters is way too much, and waluigi aint very popular, awesome, unique or wanted...

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
true daisy did little, but cmon it was back in the 8-bit era, there was no storyline backk then, just save the princess and u clear the game, maybe waluigi has done more, I dont know, but he has done LITTLE in comparison with bowser Jr and toad, and kamek for that matter, but he should be a yoshi character anyway, geno, I have to mention him, only appeared in one game, and cameod in others, still his popularity is off the roof and he had a big role in one of marios greatest games, so we may have 3 new mario characters, + mario, luigi, peach and bowser that will surely return, thats a total of 7, 8 if they add waluigi, seriously havin 8 mario characters is way too much, and waluigi aint very popular, awesome, unique or wanted...
...Uh, yeah, says you. Other people would say different.

Like me for example.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
so we may have 3 new mario characters, + mario, luigi, peach and bowser that will surely return, thats a total of 7, 8 if they add waluigi, seriously havin 8 mario characters is way too much, and waluigi aint very popular, awesome, unique or wanted...
Well you never know, the Mario series IS Nintendo's biggest....

Stryks

Smash Hero
^^ Yeah mario should have the most characters, but 8?! cmon thats way too much...

here are the results so far of the rate their chances thread:

Current Positions:
Name - Smashboards Score - GameFAQs Score

Top Ten:
1) Sonic the Hedgehog – 89.7% - 86.3%, 4th place
2) King DeDeDe - 82.91% - 69.4, 8th place
3) Diddy Kong - 79.06% - 91.7%, tied for second
4) Ridley - 70.27% - 80.9%, 5th place
5) Ike – 70.23% - 72.6%, 7th place
6) Wolf - 69.61% - 67.7%, 9th place
7) Megaman - 66.87% - 64%. 11th place
8) Captain Olimar – 55.58% - 60.4%, 12th place
9) K. Rool - 55.46% - 54.4%, 17th place
10) Geno - 49.28% - 50.5%, 24rd place

11) Isaac - 43.72% - 59.4%, 14th place
12) Hector - 36.27% - 36.1%, 32nd place
13) Waluigi – 29.76% - 39.1%, 31st place

waluigi didnt even get 30% of approval here on SWF, the guy isnt very wanted and those ar ethe facts rite there, he was just a filelr, lacks a role in a rela mario game and must not be added in brawl...

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Yes but still, he made it to the top of the nomination board, and I didn't vote for him. That says something.

(I voted for Stafy!!!)

Stryks

Smash Hero
2 guys were constantly giving 5 votes to waluigi, while other gave 2-3 votes to a character and the remaining to others, thus he won, but lacked support...

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
People do support him, but just not as much as other characters, take me for example, I would probably never have voted for him, but I would have liked seeing him in there.

Top Bottom