• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
http://gonintendo.com/?p=13663

Since my topic was closed with very little explanation (surprise surprise), I'm posting this here. Possible outlet for new info, Brawl is being featured (amongst other games) tonight at 1:00 AM on Spike TV. Maybe new info, but probably not.

Alk

Smash Cadet
i hope that falco is going to come back, because hes my main, and Y. link and roy.

GotACoolName

Smash Journeyman
Why wouldn't Young Link come back? Why would Roy come back? Young Link is Link. Roy is an advertisement for a game that no one cares about anymore.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why wouldn't Young Link come back? Why would Roy come back? Young Link is Link
You've just gave the answer yourself.

Simply stated: I don't think characters with 2 spots aka Dr.Mario and Young Link should come back. Same goes with Sheik btw, since I honestly doubt she'd still be a transformation for Zelda.

tappy

Smash Ace
Why wouldn't Young Link come back? Why would Roy come back? Young Link is Link. Roy is an advertisement for a game that no one cares about anymore.
well, because they're using TP link so that means they would also use the TP versions of zelda and ganondorf. but since there is no TP y. link then they wouldn't just bring him back;) and as for roy, i just said that he has a chance because i'm pretty sure that fire emblem castle is in brawl so that's why.

Stryks

Smash Hero
...and as for roy, i just said that he has a chance because i'm pretty sure that fire emblem castle is in brawl so that's why...
U DO know they will probably add new fire emblem character right? Ike is the best candidate, and marth may return, but roy is pretty much just an advertisament for FE6, and since its already released, theres no point in roy to stay...

tappy

Smash Ace
Yeah sometimes I c his post and Im like: "what the? I didnt post this!" and then c the name tappy and it makes sense lol...
lol, sorry about that. i like this avatar cause it goes nicely with my sig:) and yeah, they probably will add a different fire emblem character and take out roy but i was just saying that he might have a chance (although a lower chance i guess)

Ike would be cool in brawl.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I would love more FE characters, look how well Marth and Roy turned out [seriously, I'm not being sarcastic] I love playing and Marth and Roy.

xXout_lawXx

Smash Cadet
I would really like to believe that all the chara's will be returning. I don't see Nintendo being inconsideret enough to take away someones chara.

xXout_lawXx

Smash Cadet
I would really like to believe that all the chara's will be returning. I don't see Nintendo being inconsideret enough to take away someone's chara.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
You mean SOME characters won't be returning. If all characters won't be returning, then Mario, Link, Kirby, Pikachu, ect. won't be returning. But they have been confirmed to return so your statement about everyone not returning is wrong.

woody72691

Smash Ace
hey i haven't been on here for a long time so please don't ****ing yell at me. ok who else is confirmed other than fox and the others???

Stryks

Smash Hero
So far the only confirmed character are the ones in the 1st/2nd trailers:

Mario
Link
pikachu
kirby
metaknight
pit
zamus
wario
snake
fox

Thats it, yoshi is half-confirmed, his stage was on the 2nd trailer, and so far thats it, will it kill ya to look 4 urself?

MasterGary

Smash Ace
Red Exodus why don't you come to Video X Games 2007. (It's a tournament that held on St.Maartent (another Caribbean island)

But it's not guranteed that it will happen though.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I'm sure SSBB will be a GREAT game, but I'm just not competitive when I'm not playing as Jigglypuff and (specially) Peach... do you think they'll remove Peach? I also hope they don't change her moveset >_<

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Peach is rather important to the Mario series and is the most popular character in PAL regions last time I checked. So I'm sure she's safe. I'm positive there will be changes to her moveset, though. :/

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Peach is rather important to the Mario series and is the most popular character in PAL regions last time I checked. So I'm sure she's safe. I'm positive there will be changes to her moveset, though. :/
That would be definate if Toad becomes his own character. I wonder what would become of her D-smash though.....

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Just in case there is anyone here who would rather not read my increda-post, here is the Reader's Digest Version:

Samus'
upB pwns the world;
Bowser through DK confirmed, Falcon mostly confirmed, Ganon confirmed;
Rhyme despises bad grammar;
Rhyme
still likes tags, and now apperantly reffers to Rhyme in the third-person;
Rhyme
appreciates randomness.

Now, for anyone who would rather read the full version:

but Peach's turnips kind of suck. a) They're easy to catch. b) Peach's turnips are stopped by just about any attack, as long as they're timed right. and c) Young/Link's shield will stop even a pissy turnip.

Which brings us to the next character.... PEACH (or Daisy if you're so inclined). DISCUSS.
He speaks truth. Peach:
Confirmed

He's also an effective fighter who just happens to have more of a learning curve than some of the others; all the better.

That, and he was from the previous two games. No characters from the previous two games are going to be removed. And, there's no logical way to say otherwise.
Much like Yoshi has a curve. To be fair, I've tried to learn how to play every character in the game while anxiously awaiting the sequal, and I would say that Yoshi's learning curve is more brutal than Ness'.

Now that you mention it, there are only 2 characters from Smash 64 whom I would say have even the slightest chance of being cut...Ness and Cfalc. Not that either of them deserve it.
.05% chance

When I said that Bowser's upb is 1 of the few moves that stop Peach's turnips, I meant that it's 1 of the few upb's that Peach's turnips can't stop.
Samus' upB powers right through turnips. [rant]In fact, I'd say that Samus probably has THE highest priority upB in the game. Mewtwo/Zelda/Shiek pretty much teleport through them. I've been taken out of Ness' upB with a head-on :| face so that's how that goes. Samus' upB never fails me though. Goes through Peach's upB...has clashed with Giant Punches, in fact, the only reason bombombs go through it is because the upB explodes them. Nintendo did this on purpose, ever see the screw attack in MP2?[/rant]

I hate when if your to close and you use the hookshot it fails.

I like when i play link to "hook punch" as i call it.Just jump in the air and give them a good punch with you hook.
I've comboed to death from Samus' mid-air grapple hitting my opponent, however rare this occurance might be. Also, they added the bit about hookshot failing if you're too close to make it more fair.

AUGH too many nubs. Well, the Peach discussion kind of faultered, but I guess that doesn't matter. I wasn't neccessarily planning on skipping DK and Yoshi... Though I have to ask, doesn't Captain Falcon have the same chances of returning as DK and Yoshi?
DK:
Confirmed
Yoshi:
Confirmed
Captain Falcon:
less than .05% chance he doesn't return
CF probably does have the same odds and :yoshi: and :dk:. Since they were all in the first and second game. I think Nintendo will at least keep the original 8 [or 10, I can't remember how many that one had] that were in SSB.
*cough*n00b*cough*:p Jp...but seriously, you couldn't remember how many original characters there were?

Cfalc obviously doesn't have the same chances of returning, that's why you couldn't find one of those fancy pics of him.

I think it'd be awesome if Yoshi got his juice spitting move from SMS. Just the idea of vomitting acid juice on people again gets me excited.
That would get me excited as well. I doubt it would happen though, egg transformation is Yoshi's element, so to speak. Nintendo can't rightly deprive him of that. Unless you are saying it would replace Yoshi's crap sideB, in which case I would totally agree with you.

They could just delete dr.mario and keep everbody else and the statmant would still be true.
I already know your post to be inaccurate, Nintendo can't just delete Doc, they would have to ditch
Shiek
as well.

Well they make money for writing that stuff,so they don't care.

must remember to post in gray
SLACKER!;)

you make it sound like its dangerouse getting something wrong it doesnt take balls to post on an internet forum all it takes is fingers and the equipment to access the forum i mean what, are you going to hop through the screen and pwn my *** with a blunt inplement, i think not.

if someone has left cause some guy on a forum shouted at them then thier just sad weak cowards now im not going to carry this argument on with you here cause its just spam if you would to continue entertaining me then do so by pm and get back on topic :).
While the lack of effective punctuation in all of your posts thusfar has annoyed the ever-loving crap out of me, I must admit you do have some valid points. Plus, you made me laugh, as if you cared what I thought of you.

Now that you mention it, I do remember this one case...

TwoK stfu. I deal with the nubs I want to deal with. And as far as I'm concerned, you're still one of them...

Can we get back on-topic? This thread's gotten kinda boring now that Devastlian, T-Major, and Rhyme have run off.
Well I didn't exactly flee in terror, head held low with my tail between my legs. No, I would like to think I left on my own accord and in a reasonably dignified manor. The rAt's policy of not tempting oneself has finally gotten to me, and thus I have not been participating actively anymore.

So, next on your list for me would be Ganondorf? Considering the fact that he is a member of the Tri-force, around which the entire Zelda storyline is based, he will make the Brawl roster. I won't even go into all the other reasons he should be in,
mainly because I can't think of that many
but you just can't have a sequal without him.

Hey, I replied...Everyone seems to have been ignoring my posts as of late, though...:/
I havn't been ignoring anyone's posts. However, after reading through 8 pages of nonsense since the last time I posted, I'm starting to wish I hadn't been so dedicated to reading what everyone had posted. *sigh*

I was wondering if every one was just gonna ignore my post.
I was thinking about it. :) You posted so many replies, which post might that be?

does anyone think that zero suit samus is gonna replace sheik? Im kinda worried
Yes.

Your mom is dying without any more demos of Brawl.
Always gotta appreciate those good 'your mom' jokes.

[insignificance coupled with absent mindedness]I'd have to say that the following was my favorite 'your mom' joke of all time:

I'm at a costume party held within a town Firehouse. There are many tables arranged with food, some bathrooms, and this dark storage room in which people go to suck eachother's faces and whatnot. I'm talking with my friend's boyfriend when one of this boy's friends exits the back room and says, "That back room is fun to explore." To which the boy I was originally conversing with replies, "Your mom is fun to explore."[/yeah, that's right, you guessed it]

i hope that falco is going to come back, because hes my main, and Y. link and roy.
Sorry, not a good enough reason.

I don't care about this argument anymore, letting it go allows these sceptics to be proven wrong by Nintendo rather than the average Smashboards member.

Is Bombsoldier the best Falco in the world?
Word on Youtube is that he doesn't understand advanced DI, which limits his progression of skill. I was browsing Youtube several months ago and came across a Mexican Falco player who, last year, was the best Smasher in Mexico. That title has since been claimed by his brother, the Fox in this video.

hey i haven't been on here for a long time so please don't ****ing yell at me. ok who else is confirmed other than fox and the others???
Ahh...good times. Is this the same Woody with whom I got into a flame war all those months ago?

Anywho, I can see your question was so nicely answered by Stryks, so I believe that's all for this comment.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Rhyme is back! Finally, where've you been? Also, please don't talk in the thirth person, we've Tera for that... And she's already daymn annoying. >_<

Anyways, to stay on topic; I wouldn't care who stays and who goes. Just cut Dr.Mario and Sheik, and make Donkey Kong return. The more characters they cut, the more space for newer ones I say. ;)

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Probably the latter, Buddy, but that's just dandy with me. I somehow got a reputation for being...intelligent. :lick:

There's also an underground conspiracy group, of which I have never heard, mind you, and this group theorizes that any and all arguments will only be drawn to a conclusion once Ipsy and I expectantly agree on the answer. It's a process which I would have trouble describing to you myself. :confused:

Rhyme is back! Finally, where've you been? Also, please don't talk in the thirth person, we've Tera for that... And she's already daymn annoying. >_<

Anyways, to stay on topic; I wouldn't care who stays and who goes. Just cut Dr.Mario and Sheik, and make Donkey Kong return. The more characters they cut, the more space for newer ones I say. ;)
Well then I will strive to avoid emulating Tera. ^_^

As for my whereabouts, previously stated in my mondopost. Not that I had much choice given the 7 pages of information I had missed out on. I havn't been actively participating because every trip to Smashboards creats a new craving for Brawl, and as the months drone onwards, there is only so many times I can be disappointed by a lack of credible information from Nintendo.

And...um...as for who gets eliminated, anyone who is less important than the character replacing him/her I would assume.

*sits and waits for Ipsy to direct discussion*

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Red Exodus why don't you come to Video X Games 2007. (It's a tournament that held on St.Maartent (another Caribbean island)

But it's not guranteed that it will happen though.
I'll keep an eye open for it, I've never been to a tournament so that would be a good experience for me.

Top Bottom