• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

Eggz

Smash Hero
toph if you buy my ticket ill pay you back asap
tourney next weekend should generate about that much
and im sellin power tools

anyone wanna carpool to ewu next weekend?

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero

So ur actually gunna sell em? Don't forget to set aside half of what you get for me. :)

EDIT: And send me some god **** tracks for **** sake.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master

don't have the money in my bank account, and ticket prices went back up :/

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
oh LOL ok then

uhh yes I will smash with you if you come over but I might not be home until 7:30ish >_> that's the only reason I said that. XD

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
wat up brads GF + other washington peeps.

so yeah. im from alaska. ive been playing competitive smash with lunaris and some others up here for 3 years or so, and ive finally decided i have to go to some major lower48 tournament and im looking to do that this summer.

would anyone be able to house me for a week or so? -can pay for food, gas money, just need a place to crash really-

C!Z

Smash Lord
LOL I was comin to write the same thing Toph. It was just 4:20 a couple minutes ago over hurr in momo land but I was a lil occupied =]

Paff

Smash Journeyman
@gingerbreadchar: Play in lots of Melee tourneys and meets. I personally had trouble keeping things straight back when I was (briefly) playing Peach in both Melee and Brawl, so you might want to avoid that. If you do play Peach in Melee, uh, downsmash people a lot, crouchcancel a lot, and don't get hit too much.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Don't front Shane, you have a good Peach and Sheik.

ANDY!!!! I can just see you doin my pimp walk LOL.
Lol Ciz, that was me that said "ew just be gay then."

^__^

And I have no problem with people who have a good Peach/Sheik but I don't like people who can ONLY play those characters cuz usually they just spam stuff and play hella boring.

Eggz

Smash Hero
So since this is the "Official Washington MELEE thread", tell me: how do I get good at Melee?
Its really difficult to just TELL someone how to get good at Melee without knowing what they need to improve upon. In general though, you should watch videos of the general playstyle you want to mimic at first and try your best to get to their level. if you watch peach videos, watch armada. hes the most efficient peach and doesnt play stupid basic and hes obviously the best. vidjo and cort are also good to watch. for sheik, watch me, kdj and m2k. unless you wanna be a ***, then watch drephen and plank. for jiggs, just watch mango and hbox. its hard to teach you anything but that unless you ask for tips in person and play a bunch with people who arent bad instead of just friendlying your friends at a tournament, since youre going to improve.

Top Bottom