• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

C!Z

Smash Lord
I hear there's like 6 other roommates lol, which I'm not stoked about, but it'll be Toph and I gettin off in melee soon. We bout to level up! LOOK AT, BISNO! ;D

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
lol what happened to that tv i dropped off a long time ago? and whats wrong with the living room?

pretty sure having one day per week where you occupy the living room of your house which you (and ciz) pay rent for is perfectly fine... or maybe your roommates are all nazis now :/
You don't remember? Last 2 times I tried to have a fest in the living room (you were there I thought) Alvin told me to try to get everybody out at like... 9 PM lol.

Well using the living room is fine I guess but EVERYONE was in the living room. I think it's better if I cap fests here to like 6ish people instead of having like 10 people over and having the living room completely full + using the main TV so nobody else living here can watch TV or play video games I guess.

And yea me and Ciz are bout to be playing hella, LOL

MasterC

Smash Ace
You don't remember? Last 2 times I tried to have a fest in the living room (you were there I thought) Alvin told me to try to get everybody out at like... 9 PM lol.

Well using the living room is fine I guess but EVERYONE was in the living room. I think it's better if I cap fests here to like 6ish people instead of having like 10 people over and having the living room completely full + using the main TV so nobody else living here can watch TV or play video games I guess.L
I feel like if you were to stay in your room or be half as loud as you get when playing melee it wouldn't be a problem (no disrespect my dude but you get hella loud sometimes) :p

I feel it on the not being able to use TV in the main room but maybe you can coordinate fests to when ppl don't watch primetime TV or one day when their shows aren't on...?

When I lived with those guys they all just stayed in their rooms and played Dota/Starcraft/360 all the time LOL sorry they're all nazis now :/

EDIT: wednesday night fights, anyone...?

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
I feel like if you were to stay in your room or be half as loud as you get when playing melee it wouldn't be a problem (no disrespect my dude but you get hella loud sometimes) :p
It wasn't me last time, dude. I was in my room and I spent half the fest trying to quiet people down. There were literally 8 people in the living room and one of them was Stefan who yelled every time he did a stomp knee.

I've gone over this before.

And nah the roomies are fine I'm tight with most of them it's just that I get a very negative vibe when I have too much people over such that the living room gets used. I think they feel that it makes the living room go from "community area" -> "Toph's friends playing smash area" so they feel like I'm intruding on their space. That's why I say it'll probably be a lot easier if we have two rooms to do stuff with.

Yamer

Smash Journeyman
Hey I go into bellevue everyday. if anyone near there wants to play melee at night just send me a text 208-403-7786

MasterC

Smash Ace
were you referring to the actual wednesday night fights that stream marvel or just trying to kick it on wednesday?

:phone:
I was insinuating that toph might wanna host fests on wed's or some day where his roommates don't watch a lot of tv or play games in the living room lol

Like when I had fests I would switch between wed and fri depending on my roommate's schedules so I wasn't keeping them up the night before a midterm or if they had to cram a 5 pg paper in before midnight, just sayin...

EDIT: Derek def shoulda beat foos too lol it was one of the matches that was corrupted but I saw him getting off for 30s haha

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
I think the last time I hosted a big one it was a tuesday or wednesday :<

But yeah don't worry I'll make **** happen fasho.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
Who is "FoosJr", and how did he beat shane?
To actually answer the question I'd say it was a combination of things, I got lucky, Shane was drinking, he sd'd throughout our set and on top of it I felt I was playing well. So had Shane been playing like he usually does I know for a fact I wouldn't have won.

MasterC

Smash Ace
BUT, FoosJr is "Pro at cooking"...

and we all know how Shane gets when he can't "outcook" someone :troll:

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
To actually answer the question I'd say it was a combination of things, I got lucky, Shane was drinking, he sd'd throughout our set and on top of it I felt I was playing well. So had Shane been playing like he usually does I know for a fact I wouldn't have won.
**** that ****. ur the best now homie. you won the tourney.

MasterC

Smash Ace
all i saw was that Kyle got Shane EtOH right before WF with Juce so that means Foos came from Losers and beat both of them to get 1st, can't remember who else was notable at that tourney but he must've beaten everyone that was there LOL

EDIT: i think i remember seeing Jonny or Min at 4th/5th...? so maybe Foos beat those guys in Losers...

JonnyW

Smash Ace
all i saw was that Kyle got Shane EtOH right before WF with Juce so that means Foos came from Losers and beat both of them to get 1st, can't remember who else was notable at that tourney but he must've beaten everyone that was there LOL

EDIT: i think i remember seeing Jonny or Min at 4th/5th...? so maybe Foos beat those guys in Losers...
Foos beat me and Juce in losers semis and finals.

pandacheck

Smash Ace
the liquors gotta stop being an excuse / results are results / just like armada's the best in the world now / RESULTS *****

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
word j dub.

and yea I feel it anthony. we all just gotta own up, no more playing bad, homie distracting me, alcohol, this MU is too gay, I was playing mario galaxy, or this dude plays hella gay, etc.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Hadn't played since rom4 and was lacking techskill (he was living with milktea remember? I heard they didn't smash much lol), played way too recklessly vs. both armada and hbox (went offstage to try to edgeguard like EVERY time), and you can't make mistakes as a space animal vs either armada or hbox

HugS (who was sitting next to mango) said that every time he tried to give advice to Mango, Mango ignored it.

Top Bottom