• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

Jem.

Smash Master
Watched that video Toph. Pretty sick. I wasn't really into watching every good players video back in the day. I mainly knew of just the big top players really. Was Cosmo good? I skipped to the end of game 5 to see if Jiano finished the set comeback because Ice Climbers are boring to watch for me, sad he didn't :p. I recently got into watching speedrun streams if I'm not doing anything else, and some of them are pretty cool. So that's how I learned Siglemic/Jiano/Cosmo were into melee.

Oh and who wants to team in February :O The GC doubles blessing will be put to its ultimate test with Sion coming to this GC and the normal WA guys being here XD. But umm yeah I never give up so let's do itttttt

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Yeah Cosmo was hella good haha. He was a Zelda main, but definitely the best Zelda. He like, won some midwest tournaments going only Zelda and I saw him in grand finals against M2K at another one.

Interestingly he wasn't even like that "old school" I don't think. The period in which Cosmo was most famous was probably like, 2009-2010?

@Kline See my Falco for more than $1/5 when I'll actually bother to camp and mix up my approaches instead of just dairing your shield all day and hoping you don't guess right.

Jem.

Smash Master
Oh, well, I was deep in Brawl around that time more than ever since Brawl was in the MLG Pro Circuit and such XD. That's pretty sick though

Kline whipped out the two on me in tourney :O

EDIT: After I posted I knew I said "pretty sick" and wanted to look up to my last post, and I indeed do type "pretty sick" a lot instead of cool.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
LOL I very definitely am and I'll defend that title. If you think otherwise it's because you're misinformed from being so out of the smash loop for a couple months. The only falco that's close is Ciz, we're about even but I think I could beat him.

And yeah, your mewtwo is free if I'm not approaching recklessly and even then it's not too hard.

MasterC

Smash Ace
Ohhhhhh fuuuuuuu****** man I can't even put $$ on this cuz both your birds raaaaape

Is OR tourney still going down tomorrow? Cuz I'm not drivin all the way for a 12 person tourney, 6 of which come from WA xD

:phone:

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
It's still going down I think. I asked Juce what weather in Portland was like and he said it snowed a little bit but the roads are fine, they never canceled classes or anything. So it should be fine I think.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
You pay a bit of money.

And you get a lot of stuff, lets see what I can remember...

Green Name
Mushroom Icon
Name Changes
Can turn other member's names pink
Premium Forum (Idk if they still have this, they did a year and a half ago when I was premium and it was really chill and a fun place to post in about whatever)
More PM space
That's all I can remember atm

Also, I'm bored, does anybody live near Renton that wants to smash?
sounds like a waste of money

Kamaji

Smash Ace
Damn, I wish EWA was cool enough to have a melee community that just BS'd on smashboards all day... It gets lonely :(

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
lets have a 5 dollar bird only tourney no otto. sorry cuz you are definitely best bird.

second best bird up for grabs lol.

also toph, second best bird shouldn't drop games to my doo doo bird and almost lose mm's, quit flyin ***** lol
^__^

Izayah

Smash Journeyman
I like how you guys always skip out on the tournaments that get good attendance and the show up when there is no one.

PS: This tournament is gonna have good attendance.

MasterC

Smash Ace
Yeaaaaaa..... but there was always that "well what-if they don't show?" Lol sorry man I just didn't wanna risk it

Anyone down for falco round robin today? $5-10 buy in so its legit...?

Pookie, toph, ciz, kline, ben...? Idk who else is up north today lol

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
Yeaaaaaa..... but there was always that "well what-if they don't show?" Lol sorry man I just didn't wanna risk it

Anyone down for falco round robin today? $5-10 buy in so its legit...?

Pookie, toph, ciz, kline, ben...? Idk who else is up north today lol

So you guys are just gonna let shane get free money? I mean I know the ***** needs it to survive, but seeing Teddy shatter his dreams for the 800th time would have been great.

Big Pookie

Smash Apprentice
friday/wednesday.. fest at my place?

this time bring some TVs you ****ers

edit: screw work man i would totally be down for a PHAT round robin :/

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Since we got me and Ciz both with TV's now we can probably do a better job of keeping everybody out of the living room, which means we could probably make it happen o.O

MasterC

Smash Ace
lol what happened to that tv i dropped off a long time ago? and whats wrong with the living room?

pretty sure having one day per week where you occupy the living room of your house which you (and ciz) pay rent for is perfectly fine... or maybe your roommates are all nazis now :/

Top Bottom