• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Wario Stage discussion thread! Week4: Yoshi's Island

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
To the note about breaking the stickies:

Do it:

You get free farts perhaps from clapping their shield under the stage, pushing them over and letting them go into psuedo-free fall that is broken out of fast only by tap-jump or up+b (essentially "meteor-canceling" their fall frames from a platform). When they fall, and if you're up high enough you can use the last second of your lag to prepare a buffered fart in the air above them as they fall... I just thought of this, so it may be worth testing it out, if it doesn't work that well, at least I can say I tried.

Don't do it:

Busting bubbles allows for them to get more room, and also puts less room for error when recovering with wario. If you bike under the stage with egg-bubbles bursted, you'll have a chance of getting "GIMPED" (OMG I SAID the G WORD) from your bike, and then you have to rely on your last jump if you used your second jump already under the stage. This is circumstantial of course, I've never seen anyone play against wario and try to bust bubbles and I never do so...

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Brinstar is a great pick unless you are playing against MK/G&W. You can run time on a few characters here like Snake obviously.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Brinstar is a great pick unless you are playing against MK/G&W. You can run time on a few characters here like Snake obviously.
wario beats G&w at brinstar because of upair and the blast rages and wario is heavier its close tho but wario wins there

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I heavily disagree. I think G&W solidly beats Wario there 6:4. There's no reason for me to take a G&W player to Brinstar unless I am a MK player. RC is a different story, they are indeed fairly even there with maybe a slight edge to Wario 55:45, but Brinstar is slight disadvantage.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
I heavily disagree. I think G&W solidly beats Wario there 6:4. There's no reason for me to take a G&W player to Brinstar unless I am a MK player. RC is a different story, they are indeed fairly even there with maybe a slight edge to Wario 55:45, but Brinstar is slight disadvantage.
I agree with this to be honest. I think it's even on RC though except when it comes to the third part when the stage is moving left to right. The ceiling is ridiculously low so it makes for an easy u smash kill for GnW

2-DJeff

Smash Master
My bro mains Wario and every tourney in FL he plays a high ranked G&w and they take him to Brinstar and they get 3 stocked all he dose is run away and just up air them when there above and trying to use Key... the only real moves that work against wario there is G&w nair and down smash when its close the area where the stage can break.. i agree with u about rainbow but i think wario beats MK and brinstar when its on stage so ill say 50:50

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
My bro mains Wario and every tourney in FL he plays a high ranked G&w and they take him to Brinstar and they get 3 stocked all he dose is run away and just up air them when there above and trying to use Key... the only real moves that work against wario there is G&w nair and down smash when its close the area where the stage can break.. i agree with u about rainbow but i think wario beats MK and brinstar when its on stage
LOL wut? GnW's bair *****. Wario losses to MK on Brinstar.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
LOL wut? GnW's bair *****. Wario losses to MK on Brinstar.

*used to main GnW*
i used to main G&w to i 2nd him now thats y my name is (2-D)jeff lol and yea ur right Bair dose when wario isnt standing behind those string things all wario has to do is Fsmash
its w.e. tho im not trying to argue i was just giving my opinion

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
So wait, Warios besides me had problems in the past with GW on Brinstar?

I barely scraped a win against UTDZac on Brinstar back at Dallas...

Granted, he was trying to mindgame me to pick something else before we went there . . .

WHAT IS GOING ON?!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Zac kinda dreads Brinstar because all the Dallas MK's have taken him there in the past and done some pretty gay **** with him lol. Even if he's up against someone like Wario, he has day-mares of MK's planking and scrooging him there lol

Padô

Smash Lord
GnW is a pain in the *** there. DMG is right.

Multiple Hit hitboxes lasting forever.
Smashes lasting forever.
His plank is waaaaaay superior there.
His mobility is so ******** also.
Get 9'd on the sticky **** hitbox extension. (That's exclusive to me which got hi by this 2 times on the same match)

Those are only some aspects I could give away right now :(. But I will tell you something, the G&W you playing have to know how to play there, abuse the **** up from the stage, it's ledges, the sticky things and stuff If they don't do this, kill him at 50% with Fart Upwards and then DTaunt on real life.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
Can we get this thread back on track? I'd like to discuss the other neutrals and the viability of Frigate as a cp for Wario.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
Oh really Chair? Well then what kind of platform pressure is better? Forcing your opponent to jump never was a bad thing.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
'S like, SH FF uair is great platform pressure. But imo that's really the only worthwhile application of it. The fact that it has to be FFed means it's not spammable though, usually you have to end up reading their next action and the pressure is over. It's just too slow to really be threatening if you're grounded.

Of course, Wario's platform pressure in general is rather great. On BF specifically, I REALLY like nair. SH nair means you'll just barely hit their feet, it beats rolls and after it hits, it's more of a situation reset than an opportunity for your opponent to get away. If it hits, you'll do a measly 4% damage BUT, as opposed to most other situations in which you just hit with the second hit, you'll get a fairly decent followup because you either force your opponent to land or get to the ledge, both of which are usually rather advantageous situations.

Of course, it's rather gimmicky and not really spammable, I just never see people do it and I've had success with it so I figured it wouldn't hurt mentioning.

Obviously Bite is an annoying way to pressure people as well. If you Bite someone to the ledge you've got yourself a ledgeguard, if you Bite someone back on-stage it's a bit less useful because you don't really end up with any sort of followup.

FH dair > nair is funny but it's a commitment you don't necessarily have to make.

More later perhaps.

Blue Rogue

Smash Ace
NNID
ValiantVyse
3DS FC
4527-9345-8740
Nair plat pressure works to scope them out, start biting, uairing, fart waiting, after you get a feel for em.
BF is wario's worst stage though, i don't think the plats are big enough to reliably forbidden technique on D;

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
one of wario's best neutrals imo. Along with smasville.

Platform makes it easy to camp.
Platform pressure (stated above)

I don't really see any matchup not going well on this stage besides GnW and maybe olimar.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
this is all preference

i like BF vs MK, i also like Delfino vs MK and D3 *shrugs*

warios good everywhere, just figure out which stages you like best and which ones you dont like at all

for me, i always ban Halberd. Vs everyone.

i just dont like it

Lord Chair

Smash Master
I don't see it being anywhere near good against Falco, Snake, MK, Marth, G&W, Wolf and Icies.

The sole fact that it completely nullifies vertical approaches ***** Wario enough to have platform and juggle pressure compensate for it imo.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
this is all preference

i like BF vs MK, i also like Delfino vs MK and D3 *shrugs*

warios good everywhere, just figure out which stages you like best and which ones you dont like at all

for me, i always ban Halberd. Vs everyone.

i just dont like it
I like this post.

I too agree that delfino vs mk is alright. I dont want to risk going there with DDD though.

As for IC: I really think that this stage is good against IC. The platforms allow you to camp and if you separate them, you have more options because nana might get stuck on platforms.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Personally I like Battlefield a lot. The short platforms are lower to the ground than the Smashville platform, and also static. You can utilize these platforms greatly for mixups, movement around your opponent and cool combos. Also you can camp effectively by jumping around high in the air.

My favorite thing about Battlefield is using the platforms for combos. Okay you all know that Wario's jump is 7 frames right? Yesh, that's pretty slow if you want to perform combos with little hitstun. However, platform dropping only takes 1 frame, so you can shave off 6 frames to follow up on a hit. For example, if you fullhop a dair and hit the opponent on the platform, it will auto-cancel when you reach the surface. You can then immediately platform drop and hit them with an Uair. A slick trick and lots of damage to boot!

All you gotta be careful of on Battlefield is having the platforms used against you. MK gives you hell if he's below you and you're stuck on the floating piece of land. I would suggest jumping out of shield to get out of there and into better position. It's also really annoying when characters like Marth, Snake and Falco just use the platform like an umbrella, shielding their head so they can camp or just reach up and kill you.

Final note, the BF platforms don't protect you from Shiek's GR -> Usmash or Marth's GR ->Utilt. Not sure about Snake's GR -> Utilt.

Top Bottom