• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Texas Power Rankings! - Updated June 15, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
SHUT ThE **** UP
dear lord, shut your ****ing mouths all of you

none of my posts have even been CLOSE to anything immature, out of hand, or uncalled for.

all you little ****ing ******s love to jump and bandwagon hate on a group of certain people who actually give a damn about this game and their community. each and every one of you have been at a point in your lives where you actually gave a damn about this PR and wanted to see it be updated. just because all of you don't give two ****s anymore, doesn't mean everyone else should automatically stop caring about it.

i was only giving suggestions for the thread and or what to do with it, and you guys act like i ***** each and every one of your moms or something. i've already stated multiple times that I appreciate what Zac has done for this thread. it still doesn't discredit the fact that the last time this thread was updated, there was almost a six month gap between the last. "brawl is dying omfg wut l0lloo this game sucks" because the so called "leaders" of our community dont give a **** or have a passion for the game anymore. and then when some lower level player tries to put forth work for their city or try to actually get **** done, they are perceived as whining or tryhards. this thread should be owned by nike, sync, razer, or pantyraider.. if anything

you call this crying like a little *****? three fourths of fort worth top players should take a look at themselves after dropping a set in tournament
You say on SWF/AiB and in real life you dont care about the PR so SHUT THE F UP U F-ing BUTT HOLE LOVER.

NO ONE and i mean NO ONE cares for your *****ing or you "suggestions"/"ideas" we have this PR thing down and we dont need you telling what should or shouldnt be done. You opinion means as much as a pile of horse ****.

Zac, PLEASE lock this thread until the next update(i agree the 1st of each month). Illmatic's spam is nothing but drama.

Damn, u new gens are the absolute WORST people on this planet

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Y'know, I love playing Brawl but I really hate how some people are so high-strung and belligerent these days.
It really makes for a **** community when people are always biting each others backs rather than being supportive and having fun.
Makes me really miss people like PhantomX and couch guy. :<

Be Patient
God dammit, Slush, I died. XD

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
I'm not even ranked, but I will be after this update.
Having a set date is great, that way EVERYONE can know when to expect an update, and look forward to the first. I'd rather have a solid schedule than randomly go to southwest, and see that it was updated 3 days ago.

Illmatic you're a great, really funny, and cool dude. However, I really think Xyro and Zac care about the community and the PR and have it under control. For the time being, I have faith in them.

Inb4illwastrollingthewholetime

:phone:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm never giving you a sig worthy post again Tom.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
SHUT ThE **** UP
dear lord, shut your ****ing mouths all of you

none of my posts have even been CLOSE to anything immature, out of hand, or uncalled for.

all you little ****ing ******s love to jump and bandwagon hate on a group of certain people who actually give a damn about this game and their community. each and every one of you have been at a point in your lives where you actually gave a damn about this PR and wanted to see it be updated. just because all of you don't give two ****s anymore, doesn't mean everyone else should automatically stop caring about it.

i was only giving suggestions for the thread and or what to do with it, and you guys act like i ***** each and every one of your moms or something. i've already stated multiple times that I appreciate what Zac has done for this thread. it still doesn't discredit the fact that the last time this thread was updated, there was almost a six month gap between the last. "brawl is dying omfg wut l0lloo this game sucks" because the so called "leaders" of our community dont give a **** or have a passion for the game anymore. and then when some lower level player tries to put forth work for their city or try to actually get **** done, they are perceived as whining or tryhards. this thread should be owned by nike, sync, razer, or pantyraider.. if anything

you call this crying like a little *****? three fourths of fort worth top players should take a look at themselves after dropping a set in tournament
http://www.wowwiki.com/Enrage_(mechanic)

Zac, PLEASE lock this thread until the next update(i agree the 1st of each month). Illmatic's spam is nothing but drama.
Also - /agree with this

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
What kind of bias though? And what's the point of updating it more frequently than once a month?

Whenever we had the panel active they took close to 8 months at one point to update the PR and still left room to argue over who was better than who. The update before that took something like 4 or 5 months, too. You new guys have it made and don't seem to realize it =/

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
But who's to say what's right or wrong other than the community?

If the community wants updates every five tournaments, then let them have an update every five tournaments... unless the owner of the thread doesn't want to. It's the same exact thing as having an update every 8 months, you guys were cool with it... so you did it that way.

My point is, I wasn't complaining or whining about how often it was updated. It just seemed as though there wasn't an established interval yet (it was up in the air for discussion) and when I tried to implement or bring forth an idea.. everyone went bat**** crazy.

I'm not the kind of person who would choose tradition over a better possible outcome for anything.

The point of updating the PR after every tournament is quite obvious. The PR was designed to be dynamic and tries to reflect the absolute most current standings.

It even says so in the OP,
The list is extremely dynamic based on recent tournament results. It tries to stay as up-to-date as possible. The list can be updated after EVERY tournament (please email me TIO files).

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
can being a key word. it all depends on when zac gets the Tio files. and seeing the snapshot zac took i would say he doesn't get them that often.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
can being a key word. it all depends on when zac gets the Tio files. and seeing the snapshot zac took i would say he doesn't get them that often.
I don't get tio files anymore, that's xyro. Not sure where to say it so everyone knows i'm no longer in charge.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
But who's to say what's right or wrong other than the community?

If the community wants updates every five tournaments, then let them have an update every five tournaments... unless the owner of the thread doesn't want to. It's the same exact thing as having an update every 8 months, you guys were cool with it... so you did it that way.
Actually we *****ed about it pretty adamantly around the 3 or 4 month mark. Who ever told you we were fine with it is completely wrong :p

My point is, I wasn't complaining or whining about how often it was updated. It just seemed as though there wasn't an established interval yet (it was up in the air for discussion) and when I tried to implement or bring forth an idea.. everyone went bat**** crazy.
You may not have intended to come across that way, but you definitely ended up coming across that way. Perception will always win over intent - and that's a lesson you should take with you outside of Smash.

I'm not the kind of person who would choose tradition over a better possible outcome for anything.

The point of updating the PR after every tournament is quite obvious. The PR was designed to be dynamic and tries to reflect the absolute most current standings.

It even says so in the OP,
You have a fair point with that, but the way you presented yourself came across as less "I would like to suggest this for the good of the community" and more as "OMFG JUST DO IT ALREADY, GAWSH." Like seriously, I just had an image of Napoleon Dynamite talking with your voice pop in to my head there.

I don't get tio files anymore, that's xyro. Not sure where to say it so everyone knows i'm no longer in charge.
Thread title?

z00ted

I don't give a **** how any of you perceive my actions over the internet.

iLight

Smash Lord
how about someone makes a thread with a vote in it to determine how often they would like the PR updated, this way if people want to argue and stuff it doesn't fill this thread and maybe something will be accomplished.

If the person in charge of the PR is, which I believe is Xyro? from what i've read can update at the interval suggested in the other thread then I believe by all means he will. If he can't I'm sure he could/should get a proxy to do so for him and if it doesn't get updated there should be a clear reason able to be stated somewhere(say on the front page) explaining why it hasn't been updated yet and when the next update is to be expected.

Is this not a more reasonable way to approach things rather than pointing out how poorly people can come across through typing rather than face to face speech, and getting nothing done?

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I will try and get Xyro to send me updates before the 1st of every month. If enough people have an issue with this time interval, I will change it. PM me privately if you have an issue; if I get enough I'll make a post.

How's that sound?

Tesh

Smash Hero
1 Month is fine. Honestly do you really need the PR updated every week or 2 weeks? We already have the most frequently updated PR anyway.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Xyro's the one that started the 5 tournament thing. He's just the one that got too lazy to keep it up.

I like every 5. Some months are more active than others.

z00ted

I like the 5 idea too, but either way is fine with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom