• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Texas Power Rankings! - Updated June 15, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
while it would be nice to see how i measure up against tx best, id much rather take 12-24 points off of as many people as possible.

bassem6

Smash Lord
I think this would be pretty cool actually. XD But only because I live so close to Oklahoma and I know their region. Really though, would anyone be opposed to this idea? Oklahoma, whats your response to this?

:D
yes.

10YESZ

Jrugs

Smash Ace
Oklahoma accepts!!!! :D Bring out the ceremonial tacos, and horchata!

Keepin it Texan.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If you buy RE:R, he'll send the update faster.

:phone:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
But what if we already have 4 or 5 tournaments and we want a quick update?

It shouldn't be based off of time, in my opinion. We should base it off of the number of tournaments held within a period. Like.. updating it after every four or five tournaments.

If we do this.. people won't complain from having to wait a specific amount of days, they can't really complain because there haven't been any tournaments to update anything with, and it's easier to keep track of (people will remember / know how their performance within the last 4/5 tournaments affected their score compared to a huge number like 8 or 9 which can happen sometimes within a month).

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Too bad, wait it out like everyone else.

Besides, mostly people who did some big upset in their recent tournament are usually the ones begging for an update.
Either that or someone who attended, say, 3 out of 4 tournaments that're nearby and actually beat people, so they of course want to see how many points they'll get from the 3 tournaments they attended.

z00ted

Too bad, wait it out like everyone else.

Besides, mostly people who did some big upset in their recent tournament are usually the ones begging for an update.
Either that or someone who attended, say, 3 out of 4 tournaments that're nearby and actually beat people, so they of course want to see how many points they'll get from the 3 tournaments they attended.
What's wrong with activity? LOL

So... we have to wait one full month because the people who DIDN'T attend events want it to be a month?

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Wow. Don't check on this thread for a week and I come back to a bunch of Illmatic posts whining about the PR and chewing out Zac and a bunch of random filler in between.

You're getting a little too edgy about this, Christian. Seriously, saying Zac doesn't care about the Smash scene or the community after everything he's done for us as a whole? Calm down dude. The only effect this PR has is on seeding, which means that anyone in this state who ranks higher will lose to Gnes/Razer/Trela/Denti later in bracket rather than sooner.

I offered both Xyro and Zac (in private, right before this last update) to take over both the PR system and the thread in order to help centralize the system and take the load off of both of their shoulders. Their response to me was that they have everything well in hand. After looking back on things they were honestly right; there's really nothing wrong with the system they have in place and we update more frequently than a majority of the other regions.

Patience, young Padawan. Practice patience :p

z00ted

Nah, I just dislike Zac.

And I'm not whining, I'm looking for better solutions.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Nah, I just dislike Zac.

And I'm not whining, I'm looking for better solutions.
Why? Zac is easily one of the nicest Smash players ever. Ever.

And yeah, you're whining dude. You're -trying- to look for better solutions, but you're coming across like a kid who's not getting his way with the shiny toy =/

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea

And yeah, you're whining dude. You're -trying- to look for better solutions, but you're coming across like a kid who's not getting his way with the shiny toy =/
Yeah, but he's an ******* that locked the RGV thread.

And every 5 tournaments seems more reasonable then on the first of every month. That's the way we've been doing it, no need to change. If anything, it could be like every 5 tourneys or 1 major tourney, or something like that.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Give Illmatic the thread and make sure he updates it every day.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Update after every match. Sometimes after I lose I wanna know right then how many points i lost. So it would be good if you travelled around the state with a little laptop and let people know whats up with the PR.

Reizilla

Better than a couple of washed-up has-beens that forget to take their Geritol and can't function for a month.

Reizilla

It's not about these next 6 days. Do you even realize that March is a full 2 days longer than February?!

FORTY EIGHT HOURS!

CY

Smash Ace

that's what new gens do. they ruined the scene.

****ING SELFISH ALLHOLES. EVERYONE OF THEM WITH THEIR NEW PR'S AND STUFF, EXPECTING EVERYTHING

Dojo

Smash Champion
Ill, I know you're excited about improving but calm the **** down. Literally NOBODY else complains as much as you are about this. You really are acting like an immature brat for absolutely no reason. You're starting to grow as a player but if you're not growing as a person it doesn't mean ****. Show some class, bro.

z00ted

SHUT ThE **** UP
dear lord, shut your ****ing mouths all of you

none of my posts have even been CLOSE to anything immature, out of hand, or uncalled for.

all you little ****ing ******s love to jump and bandwagon hate on a group of certain people who actually give a damn about this game and their community. each and every one of you have been at a point in your lives where you actually gave a damn about this PR and wanted to see it be updated. just because all of you don't give two ****s anymore, doesn't mean everyone else should automatically stop caring about it.

i was only giving suggestions for the thread and or what to do with it, and you guys act like i ***** each and every one of your moms or something. i've already stated multiple times that I appreciate what Zac has done for this thread. it still doesn't discredit the fact that the last time this thread was updated, there was almost a six month gap between the last. "brawl is dying omfg wut l0lloo this game sucks" because the so called "leaders" of our community dont give a **** or have a passion for the game anymore. and then when some lower level player tries to put forth work for their city or try to actually get **** done, they are perceived as whining or tryhards. this thread should be owned by nike, sync, razer, or pantyraider.. if anything

you call this crying like a little *****? three fourths of fort worth top players should take a look at themselves after dropping a set in tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom