• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SWF Tier List v8

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Yeah, Nicole, I don't think anyone here has anything but respect for your Smash career. You've done pretty ****ing well or no one would even be talking about it.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
tesh, who the f are you and who have you ever beaten? lol don't tell me I didnt beat good people. go beat krystedez and logic and then tell me I dont have any notable wins. hell go 1 and 2 with nairo, i took a game from him and that's more than most of you can ever say. or maybe go MM esam and win, idk? can you beat seagull's wolf? lol doubt it, but i did. have you beaten lie in a MM? probably not, i hear he's pretty good. I wont even mention all my teams victories and ALL THE MONEY I'VE MADE. yeah i fkn suck now but when i actually cared about the game and actually practiced don't tell me my wins don't matter, cause you dont and have never had wins that mattered EVER, because i dont even know who the fk you are, you silly internet warrior.

you all are welcome, i will be back if there is any drama because I LOVE IT AND IT NOURISHES MY SOUUUULLLLLLLLL. im ready for the images of salt and all the u mad bros you can throw out, this is just to spice things up for yall ;) what can i say, i like to be helpful.

(**** sonic yoshi and either form of samus)

((fujin youre welcome))
PREACH IT NICOLE. LET EM KNOW WHO THE QUEEN OF THE :peach:'s IS AND RAIN FIRE FROM THE HEAVENS TO THE SALTY ***'S.

You're 1 of my only 2 losses to :peach: ever <3. The other is from Llod (Best :peach:).

Also, :sonic:, :yoshi2:, and :samus2: might be the free-est three characters you could mention in existance. :ganondorf: is harder to me then those 3 loooooool.

Edit: You still owe me a MM.
Yeah, Nicole, I don't think anyone here has anything but respect for your Smash career. You've done pretty ****ing well or no one would even be talking about it.
Let her rant, it's funny.

:018:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Ladies and gentlemen and furries, it is with a heavy heart that I officially announce my retirement from brawl.
This is not a decision i came to lightly nor is it an easy decision to make. In the past two years many fun times were had and many lovely new friends were made and many posts were made which made you guys laugh and cry (mostly cry) which we will surely never forget.

You see, recently I was lying awake at 4 in the morning after a rough night of extreme bodily motions that resulted in a lot of aching and muscle strain (i'm talking about coughing so hard my lungs imploded and i got whiplash you ****ing pervert), when I was having trouble sleeping even though I knew I had to leave for work in 3 hours. My head was pounding so ****ing hard you'd think it was XxJiGgLyPuFf_DuDe_420xX, so of course the logical and healthy thing to do would be to go on the internet in the dark with the screen all up in my face. Suddenly I noticed a spider in the top right corner of my screen. This was no ordinary spider, it was ****ING HUGE I AM NOT KIDDING I'D THINK I WAS IN AUSTRALIA so i threw my laptop across the room and my CD tray broke off. Now I can't install Ubuntu. Thanks a lot, asshole. Anyway I found that spider later near the pair of boxer shorts that my friend left at my house (seriously what is with people and leaving their stuff at my house) and got it with my vacuum cleaner. Anyway, I stayed home from work that day and thought "man, smash just isn't fun anymore unless i'm playing doubles, and who the hell wants to wake up that early? I feel like a god damn zombie". As i am not one known to make last minute rash decisions, i thought about this a lot for the next 10 minutes or so, and then i thought about it again yesterday while i was on my mom's phone browsing reddit reading stories about people ****ting on bathroom floors. As you can see i put a lot of thought into thinking about just how much fun i don't have playing this game. You see the problem is i main jigglypuff and she's awful, and the last month or so I've spent using her at the occasional smashfest is time i'll never get back. I can't waste any more time on this game, i'm 24 now and once you reach this age you have to start doing adult things like brushing your teeth and changing your clothes more than once a week, and that kind of responsibility just eats up a lot of your energy.

Anyway without further ado i'd like to take you all through a brief history of the fun times ive had with this game and my long list of accomplishments.
  • I got a bye at my first ever tournament. This is obviously because i'm good at the game and not just because i was the only person there that the TO knew.
  • I once won 20 dollars beating a bracket full of marths with kirby. I don't remember how to play kirby though.
  • I made a cool video that some of you guys liked.
  • I once got carried through doubles by sauc3 and we won a tournament. That was kinda cool.
  • I once beat Ally. It totally wasn't in smash 64 and he totally didn't beat me in every other match during that 3 hour period.
  • One time I won a match at Apex, that was hype.
  • I stepped on a spider one time which was good because if i hadn't stepped on it i might have thrown a tv or something.
  • I made it out of pools at a tournament once.
  • This one time I beat ADHD in the Diddy Kong ditto, but that might not have actually happened because i can't remember if i was just asleep and dreaming or not.
  • I schooled some noob online with a character i can't remember.
It's been a very fun and very accomplished 2 years and i hope you will all remember me as i lived, posting dumb **** in this thread while somehow never getting infracted. I'll still be here on SWF from time to time, after all i have 6 more name changes left that i have written down in notepad right now, and nobody ever loses notepad files. Everyone going to impulse, let's get one last poutine together. I bet V115 will get the triple pork because it has sausage in it.

Adios amigos.

***EDIT: disregard that comment about installing ubuntu, just remembered i already have it installed

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ladies and gentlemen and furries, it is with a heavy heart that I officially announce my retirement from brawl.
This is not a decision i came to lightly nor is it an easy decision to make. In the past two years many fun times were had and many lovely new friends were made and many posts were made which made you guys laugh and cry (mostly cry) which we will surely never forget.

You see, recently I was lying awake at 4 in the morning after a rough night of extreme bodily motions that resulted in a lot of aching and muscle strain (i'm talking about coughing so hard my lungs imploded and i got whiplash you ****ing pervert), when I was having trouble sleeping even though I knew I had to leave for work in 3 hours. My head was pounding so ****ing hard you'd think it was XxJiGgLyPuFf_DuDe_420xX, so of course the logical and healthy thing to do would be to go on the internet in the dark with the screen all up in my face. Suddenly I noticed a spider in the top right corner of my screen. This was no ordinary spider, it was ****ING HUGE I AM NOT KIDDING I'D THINK I WAS IN AUSTRALIA so i threw my laptop across the room and my CD tray broke off. Now I can't install Ubuntu. Thanks a lot, *******. Anyway I found that spider later near the pair of boxer shorts that my friend left at my house (seriously what is with people and leaving their stuff at my house) and got it with my vacuum cleaner. Anyway, I stayed home from work that day and thought "man, smash just isn't fun anymore unless i'm playing doubles, and who the hell wants to wake up that early? I feel like a god damn zombie". As i am not one known to make last minute rash decisions, i thought about this a lot for the next 10 minutes or so, and then i thought about it again yesterday while i was on my mom's phone browsing reddit reading stories about people ****ting on bathroom floors. As you can see i put a lot of thought into thinking about just how much fun i don't have playing this game. You see the problem is i main jigglypuff and she's awful, and the last month or so I've spent using her at the occasional smashfest is time i'll never get back. I can't waste any more time on this game, i'm 24 now and once you reach this age you have to start doing adult things like brushing your teeth and changing your clothes more than once a week, and that kind of responsibility just eats up a lot of your energy.

Anyway without further ado i'd like to take you all through a brief history of the fun times ive had with this game and my long list of accomplishments.
  • I got a bye at my first ever tournament. This is obviously because i'm good at the game and not just because i was the only person there that the TO knew.
  • I once won 20 dollars beating a bracket full of marths with kirby. I don't remember how to play kirby though.
  • I made a cool video that some of you guys liked.
  • I once got carried through doubles by sauc3 and we won a tournament. That was kinda cool.
  • I once beat Ally. It totally wasn't in smash 64 and he totally didn't beat me in every other match during that 3 hour period.
  • One time I won a match at Apex, that was hype.
  • I stepped on a spider one time which was good because if i hadn't stepped on it i might have thrown a tv or something.
  • I made it out of pools at a tournament once.
  • This one time I beat ADHD in the Diddy Kong ditto, but that might not have actually happened because i can't remember if i was just asleep and dreaming or not.
  • I schooled some noob online with a character i can't remember.
It's been a very fun and very accomplished 2 years and i hope you will all remember me as i lived, posting dumb **** in this thread while somehow never getting infracted. I'll still be here on SWF from time to time, after all i have 6 more name changes left that i have written down in notepad right now, and nobody ever loses notepad files. Everyone going to impulse, let's get one last poutine together. I bet V115 will get the triple pork because it has sausage in it.

Adios amigos.

***EDIT: disregard that comment about installing ubuntu, just remembered i already have it installed
Pidge, don't leave us... :(

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
-Wall of PROFOUND SADNESS-
Godspeed, JigglypuffMaddenDude420One, you will be missed.

This is me at the moment.

We've got some big shoes to fill, Jabejazz.
Rev up your wordpad, vocaroo and movie maker, we gon **** up this place. Hard.

btw pit is better than triple d lol
Quit hiding behind a **** character to cloak your fraudulence. +1 for calling him TripleD though.
You're welcome for the pic btw, over 9000 hours on mspaint.

TigerBizNiz

Smash Apprentice
Darn, I would've thought Zero Suit Samus would at least be an A- tier character considering the victory Salem pulled in Apex 2013. :ohwell: On a side note, I'm quite surprised Marth is officially higher than Snake now! :eek:

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
So guys after quitting brawl forever I decided to move into a riveting career in a lucrative field: GAMING JOURNALISM! And let me tell you so far it is good. I just holla and $s keep falling from the sky. It's nuts. Anyway i'm here to give yuo the INSIDE SCOOP on Pokemon X and Y. Some of you may know that i'm actually good friends with Serebii of serebii.net fame (not trolling) so you know that all my info is totally legit.

Anyway this game seems to be pretty fun so far. So far my team consists of the following:

Personally i think the devs have been very creative this gen. I don't know the pokemon's names because i can't read japanese.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The conversation was more on topic than everything else not related to how much better Sonic is than Peach. :applejack:

The conversation was more on topic than everything else not related to how much better Sonic is than Peach. :applejack:
The conversational piece of "Sonic being better than peach" and this current conversation have been on topic. Anything else has not been on topic.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
I genuinely feel ill reading this.
I can feel each individual neuron in my brain letting out a brief shriek of pain and agony before dying, every time someone feels the need to say stupidity like this.
Don't agree? That's fine, but keep the stupid quips to yourself.

Beyond that (which I caught), comparing Marth and MK's tools is very... meh. Then to compare within the match up itself is further meh. I'm not sure there is any move shared between Marth and MK that they use distinctively for the same purpose/way at all. It's quite ignorant to me, really.
It is disheartening, though not unbelievable, your little quip above, was based off YOUR beliefs about what constitutes similar game play.
Two characters do not need to have the same moveset in order for their gameplay to be similar.
Two characters can both be rush down characters but have entirely different movesets.
Two characters can both be extreme defense but again, different movesets.
It doesn't change the fact that their gameplay is similar and that one may have better tools than the other even if they both share the same type of goal. Be it stalling or rush down.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ponies...

I say we discuss Smash 4 and the disappointment that awaits with its release.
I could drown myself in your optimism, even more than NR's. That's a feat. :p

I think what bugged me is that there were no major changes this ter list aside from its actual structure. We can whine all day about how Marth probably would've been better with a +1 and ZSS could have been better with a +2 and how Sonic and Peach are interchangeable (HAH! :p) and how Lucas should have actually risen rather than doing that lame thing where he just kinda gets tacked on at the end of the next tier up like what happened to TL in V7... but really there was nothing greater than a +-2 in this, i'm pretty sure. Even last tier list we had a what, +5-er? Or something of the sort anyway - it almost feels as if community voting had bigger changes than this one.

EDIT: Went and checked, Shielda was literally the only one to move three places and she was tied to sheik anyway so... yeah...

Makes me :(

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Dat basic editing with those engineering skillz. Also. You shall be missed by all especially the Puff board. #RIP
I just used a generator. I have yet to use my pre-engineering art school diploma on this site :awesome: also I'll miss you guys too.

I try :)

I can feel each individual neuron in my brain letting out a brief shriek of pain and agony before dying, every time someone feels the need to say stupidity like this.
Just the ones in your brain? No peripheral efferent neurons? free

Seriously though, let's stop the off-topic spam please.

:059:
FINE......

Actually though I wasn't kidding when I said in my video that this tier list is "unreadable". The distribution of characters and tiers doesn't make very good use of chunking (as in the cognitive psych phenomenon, not as in what V115 likes to do in snowbanks). It's a difficult tier list to remember because the relative sizes of tiers and overuse of - and + is not very intuitive and the semantic meaning of tier placement is kerfuffled as a result. Oh well, video game results don't need to follow mental models.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I just used a generator. I have yet to use my pre-engineering art school diploma on this site :awesome: also I'll miss you guys too.

Actually though I wasn't kidding when I said in my video that this tier list is "unreadable". The distribution of characters and tiers doesn't make very good use of chunking (as in the cognitive psych phenomenon, not as in what V115 likes to do in snowbanks). It's a difficult tier list to remember because the relative sizes of tiers and overuse of - and + is not very intuitive and the semantic meaning of tier placement is kerfuffled as a result. Oh well, video game results don't need to follow mental models.
You mean the generator Jabe brought up? :3

Anyway, this is actually really true. The +'s and -'s i'm not as worried about but I find this tier list is genuinely hard to remember. Less serious but... I go through MK, ICs, Oli, Diddy, Marth, then is it snake? Then Falco, then pika, then ZSS, then Wario, then I have to go look at the tier list. I assume DDD or Luca is next. Then stuff really hits the fan and i'm not sure whether Pit was supposed to be up there or down here and whether LM could just be put into mid again like old times and then I really remember and the trauma of upper mid tier in mid tier tournies discussions comes back to me and hey look i'm going back to post #1. :o

Top Bottom