• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zSkin

Smash Rookie
Falcon being Melee Falcon with a decent hitstun to combo.

I don't want to main anyone in any ssb game but falcon =(

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Several of Samus' attacks are extremely loosely based off of what she can do in the Metroid series (mostly her Charge Shot). ZSS' was randomly given a whip, though I guess that wasn't a big deal. Samus' Final Smash makes no sense in Metroid canon (though I'll let that one slide for creative liberties and making Samus' more unique).

And the stages seem to imply this especially. In Melee neither of the stages made any sense in Metroid canon, with one of them having a random, jiggling blob in the background (not you Kraid :p). In Brawl, while the stages are starting to make more sense, Norfair still has a completely random location and rather random stage effects (though, admittedly, I like them) and Frigate Orpheon has the single most random stage effects ever... though I still kind of like them. XD

And Ridley doesn't even close to resemble any of his battles from the games. It makes me sad when I think about how darn cool it would've been to fight Ridley and Meta Ridley with adapted attacks from the Metroid games... *-*

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
umm what is that make your move whats wrong i don't really get it honestly? :confused:
can someone fill me in?
Oh I fixed and edited now. And whoever did it. Better not do it again saying I'm a troll. Well I'm not like that anymore.

Anyway so who thinks Geno will be in SSB4.

Lovely

Smash Lord
Anyway so who thinks Geno will be in SSB4.
I don't think he has too big of a chance to get in Smash Bros anymore. Brawl was his only chance to me and then Square Enix has bad blood with Nintendo screwed it up for him. Maybe if Geno was in another game that has a bigger role, but I don't think that's even possible.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
I don't think he has too big of a chance to get in Smash Bros anymore. Brawl was his only chance to me and then Square Enix has bad blood with Nintendo screwed it up for him. Maybe if Geno was in another game that has a bigger role, but I don't think that's even possible.
Hm really. According to many people. Geno was highly requested.

Others say Ridley doesn't have a chance due to the fact they say he's too big, but gee what is with people. Are they blind? Size doesn't matter and many characters that are playable are bigger then others. So it makes it fair.

As for King K. Rool. He's one of SSB4 most likely inclusions of new playable characters. While Megaman is a another.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
It seems like Square Enix themselves don't care about Geno. Nintendo obviously recognizes his fans (M&L cameo) but he didn't even cameo in Mario Hoops 3-on-3, which would've made a lot on sense.

I don't think Geno will show up. Maybe he'll have an AT if a different Square Enix rep is playable, but that's all I can see happening, honestly.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Well I believe Mewtwo will return.

I read that the reason he got cut was due to Time Constraints. Guess they just didn't have to get him in.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I don't think so. For reference, here's Zero Mission

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tChhm7OPkEw

and Prime 3 (spoilers, I guess)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb-UTvbK9tY

His head alone is wider than Samus. So are his hands.

How so?

I think that's kind of leaving a lot of things out (and simplifying things, too).

But if Ridley was actually at the size he's consistently at in Metroid games now, he really would be too big. This isn't like Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - imagine a character who is six times bigger than Mario moving around any of the levels we have in Brawl. He couldn't make it to playable status without scaling down, and his body type isn't one that scales down easily. Combining his different "fighting styles" might be a step towards making him fit in, though.
I can imagine someone 6 times bigger than mario. His name is BOWSER, go play SMS and see for yourself. -_-

POINT! Smashbrosmike, here's another thing for the size argument. People who whine about "too big" sometimes support K. Rool. They must have never played Donkey Kong 64. No DKC, because apparently when it comes to size arguments, 2-D classics don't count.

Also, why the hell am I not on a MYM wiki? I feel almost insulted :urg:

Anyway. The size argument in my honest opinion is just fabricated by people who want every game to be just like the one before it. if they had their way, SSB4 would have...

1. Ganon gets a falcon punch. No magic. No Sword.
2. Krystal gets a blaster, a reflector, and a landmaster. No staff.
3. Isaac gets in, but he's a Link clone by some weird stretch.
4. No Ridley. He's too big despite several other characters having been bigger or at least being resized.
5. Actually, to make it even more like the others, let's just leave C. Falcon, Samus and Yoshi all by theirselves forever. They don't NEED new reps.

See what I mean? That's the pattern I see anyway, because whenever I get into a size argument and say something about SSB4 most likely trying new things like all of the others, they whine, they moan, they dismiss, they ignore.

Annoying as hell.

EDIT: I would like to see Geno, but I don't EXPECT him...if he's in, great, but he's not who I get involved for. Also, yes for Mewtwo's return. Just yes.

Lovely

Smash Lord

Others say Ridley doesn't have a chance due to the fact they say he's too big, but gee what is with people. Are they blind? Size doesn't matter and many characters that are playable are bigger then others. So it makes it fair.

As for King K. Rool. He's one of SSB4 most likely inclusions of new playable characters. While Megaman is a another.
I thought we was talking about Geno, King K. Rool has to deal with Rare and such while Ridley has to deal with how many forms will he have in one Smash Bros game. ^_^;

Sure he has fans, but it's mostly up to the game company to put him in. I don't think Square might not put Geno in the game for some reasons they will have.

wut

Nintendo and Square Enix are getting along better than ever. :/
You have to look at Playstation, how many good Square Enix games they got compare to Nintendo, sure they share some games with Nintendo, which is better? Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2? Their in Playstation while Nintendo just got Chain of Memory for the GBA. Final Fantasy? We use to have a lot of good squales till the war with Square Enix and Nintendo started and that jaked Nintendo's chances of having great Final Fantasy games to foot. Sure Nintendo has Final Fantasy, but which system has the better one? Playstation wins that one again. Lastly, Square is mostly on Playstation's side than Nintendo, look at Mario Hoops 3 on 3.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
I can imagine someone 6 times bigger than mario. His name is BOWSER, go play SMS and see for yourself. -_-

POINT! Smashbrosmike, here's another thing for the size argument. People who whine about "too big" sometimes support K. Rool. They must have never played Donkey Kong 64. No DKC, because apparently when it comes to size arguments, 2-D classics don't count.

Also, why the hell am I not on a MYM wiki? I feel almost insulted :urg:

Anyway. The size argument in my honest opinion is just fabricated by people who want every game to be just like the one before it. if they had their way, SSB4 would have...

4. No Ridley. He's too big despite several other characters having been bigger or at least being resized.
5. Actually, to make it even more like the others, let's just leave C. Falcon, Samus and Yoshi all by theirselves forever. They don't NEED new reps.

See what I mean? That's the pattern I see anyway, because whenever I get into a size argument and say something about SSB4 most likely trying new things like all of the others, they whine, they moan, they dismiss, they ignore.

Annoying as hell.

EDIT: I would like to see Geno, but I don't EXPECT him...if he's in, great, but he's not who I get involved for. Also, yes for Mewtwo's return. Just yes.
Uh you do know that King K. Rool is the same size as Bowser.

GamenerdAdvance

Smash Apprentice
You have to look at Playstation, how many good Square Enix games they got compare to Nintendo, sure they share some games with Nintendo, which is better? Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2? Their in Playstation while Nintendo just got Chain of Memory for the GBA. Final Fantasy? We use to have a lot of good squales till the war with Square Enix and Nintendo started and that jaked Nintendo's chances of having great Final Fantasy games to foot. Sure Nintendo has Final Fantasy, but which system has the better one? Playstation wins that one again. Lastly, Square is mostly on Playstation's side than Nintendo, look at Mario Hoops 3 on 3.
Well you seemed to be implying with your original post that Nintendo and Square Enix didn't have bad blood prior to Brawl and that SSBB was his only chance to be in a Smash Bros. game.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Uh you do know that King K. Rool is the same size as Bowser.
Bowser varies in size horribly. I don't think he has ever been the same exact size two games in a row. K. Rool doesn't, he became a lot smaller. But I used his size as an EXAMPLE, how someone who is what, four times bigger than a heavyweight can make it into the game. I used the same argument tactic that was used on me a couple pages ago, just to see what kind of response comes out of the Ridley haters.

As for Ridley forms, I don't care. If it's Ridley Ridley, sweet. If it's Meta Ridley, awesome. If it's O.M.R. (My name for him. =P) then that is just amazing and epic. But as long as it's Ridley and not MECHA Ridley or anything, I'm fine.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Well ever since Mario super Sluggers. He became the same size as Bowser.
Bowser has no friggin size. He leads me to believe that EVERYBODY and EVERYTHING in smash was scaled UP just to be around his size.

But yeah, K. Rool was gigantic in that game. I think the comparison was like Mario-Bowser in SM64, maybe a bit farther apart.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Bowser has no friggin size. He leads me to believe that EVERYBODY and EVERYTHING in smash was scaled UP just to be around his size.

But yeah, K. Rool was gigantic in that game. I think the comparison was like Mario-Bowser in SM64, maybe a bit farther apart.
Still King K. Rool is likely to be a playable character.

If we have Bowser. We can have him.

Besides more villains needs to be playable and King K. Rool is one of the most likely cantidates for more playable villains.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Still King K. Rool is likely to be a playable character.

If we have Bowser. We can have him.

Besides more villains needs to be playable and King K. Rool is one of the most likely cantidates for more playable villains.
I'm not arguing AGAINST Bowser or K. Rool. I'm arguing FOR Ridley using the two biggest villains ever as examples.

Trust me, I KNOW Ridley SHOULD be in. He has no good reason not to be. K. Rool should be in too, and probably will. I would love nothing more than to see a three-way fight between the reptile overlords. =P

K. Rool IS one of the most likely. I think he's there right behind Ridley if Ridley gets shot down on his way to Brawl. XD

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
I'm not arguing AGAINST Bowser or K. Rool. I'm arguing FOR Ridley using the two biggest villains ever as examples.

Trust me, I KNOW Ridley SHOULD be in. He has no good reason not to be. K. Rool should be in too, and probably will. I would love nothing more than to see a three-way fight between the reptile overlords. =P

K. Rool IS one of the most likely. I think he's there right behind Ridley if Ridley gets shot down on his way to Brawl. XD
Well at least K. Rool isn't as big as he is when Mario Super Sluggers came out.

Lovely

Smash Lord
Well you seemed to be implying with your original post that Nintendo and Square Enix didn't have bad blood prior to Brawl and that SSBB was his only chance to be in a Smash Bros. game.
I'm clamming it's his only chance, since I don't see no trace of him in Brawl. Also, is Mario RPG listed in Nintendo Chronicles in Brawl?

And about Bowser, ever since I saw Mario Sunshine Bowser, I think he can be any size now that's not small but medium, large or super size.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
I'm clamming it's his only chance, since I don't see no trace of him in Brawl. Also, is Mario RPG listed in Nintendo Chronicles in Brawl?

And about Bowser, ever since I saw Mario Sunshine Bowser, I think he can be any size now that's not small but medium, large or super size.
Yeah what he or she saids.

majora_787

Smash Hero

His medium is a large. His large is a super large. His super large is an omega deluxe.

Ridley and K. Rool rest at Large. XD They aren't that indecisive.

Black Hole CO

Smash Cadet
I was thinking if ridley became playable, it would be like in the Melee opening movie in terms of size (maybe a little smaller), sans metroid hatchling. he wasn't too disproportionate, just don't give the tail a hitbox, and keep the wings folded, and him on all four limbs when he is on the ground.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I was thinking if ridley became playable, it would be like in the Melee opening movie in terms of size (maybe a little smaller), sans metroid hatchling. he wasn't too disproportionate, just don't give the tail a hitbox, and keep the wings folded, and him on all four limbs when he is on the ground.
And what would make him BROKEN? He would be bigger, heavier, slower...stronger, move in the air well, have maybe a barely above-average recovery...And for the most part, would be melee only.

justaway12

Smash Master

Yeah what he or she saids.
His medium is a large. His large is a super large. His super large is an omega deluxe.

Ridley and K. Rool rest at Large. XD They aren't that indecisive.
umm did everyone just skip my last post, bowser isn't really a gaint, i do think ridley and k.rool will be in brawl but bowser isn't a gaint. just in case you missed it here it is again

justaway12 said:
as much a i support ridley and k.rool in brawl and i really DO think they will be in brawl the fact that bowser is big is because of the water.... i think because in 7:15 bowser is much smaller http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xothRxt7yOg

majora_787

Smash Hero
umm did everyone just skip my last post, bowser isn't really a gaint, i do think ridley and k.rool will be in brawl but bowser isn't a gaint.
He WAS and IS. He's the biggest character in smash at the moment, and until Ridley or K. Rool break that trend, he is a giant.

Yes, I aknowledge that Ridley may be longer, MAAAAAYBE even taller than Bowser. But I also aknowledge that his length and WIDTH don't really matter. ESPECIALLY width, in a 2.5-D game.

Also, the reason I say Bowser was huge is, Peach is noticeably bigger than Mario. Peach is RIGHT NEXT TO BOWSER, and looks like she's the size of his biggest tooth.

justaway12

Smash Master
He WAS and IS. He's the biggest character in smash at the moment, and until Ridley or K. Rool break that trend, he is a giant.

Yes, I aknowledge that Ridley may be longer, MAAAAAYBE even taller than Bowser. But I also aknowledge that his length and WIDTH don't really matter. ESPECIALLY width, in a 2.5-D game.
i don't know ANYTHING about metriod so don't ask me any question about them but i do know mario and in 7:15 bowser was the same size as brawl

@c.olimar788 his height doesn't change that much, sometimes he is gaint but there is always a reason

majora_787

Smash Hero
i don't know ANYTHING about metriod so don't ask me any question about them but i do know mario and in 7:15 bowser was the same size as brawl
And just a bit before that, he was WAY bigger. He obviously lacks the ability to decide on and/or maintain a size for longer than a day. :laugh:

And there was no reason for that to have happened in SMS. Unless he just gets bigger when he touches GREEN GLOWING HOT-TUB WATER, that was just some weird incident.

justaway12

Smash Master
And just a bit before that, he was WAY bigger. He obviously lacks the ability to decide on and/or maintain a size for longer than a day. :laugh:
as i said in the last post it is probably the water it was green and toxic and as we learned from the story i the paint brush gives bowser jr. whatever he want...or something like that wait a minute and i'll find out.

off topic: it's never noticed that there are links under your signature it's awesome

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace

@c.olimar788 his height doesn't change that much, sometimes he is gaint but there is always a reason
Umm... fine then. Super Mario World? 64? Galaxy? There's never really a given explanation, but I'm sure you can think up one if you really want to.

majora_787

Smash Hero
as i said in the last post it is probably the water it was green and toxic and as we learned from the story i the paint brush gives bowser jr. whatever he want...or something like that wait a minute and i'll find out.

off topic: it's never noticed that there are links under your signature it's awesome
Well, why would he swim in toxic water? Why would he put PEACH in toxic water? 0_0

What's awesome, the links? I put them there to define who I support.

justaway12

Smash Master
Well, why would he swim in toxic water? Why would he put PEACH in toxic water? 0_0

What's awesome, the links? I put them there to define who I support.
yeah the links i never noticed them.... anyway back to the topic

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lBB9XKFplDk at 4:12 he says whatever he draws comes true he probably drew the water just like the graffiti.

mm... fine then. Super Mario World? 64? Galaxy? There's never really a given explanation, but I'm sure you can think up one if you really want to.
sure i could make up something about stars or something like that but what i said the sizes don't change THAT much, he doesn't become a gaint he just becomes somewhat bigger his height in brawl doesn't have that much of a difference it's not like he was 8 foot tall or something.

Black Hole CO

Smash Cadet
Hes bowser, thats why. he thought it would be fun to have him, peach and his son to bath together, with a rocket shooting boat thing.

Sir Ilpalazzo

Smash Apprentice
Several of Samus' attacks are extremely loosely based off of what she can do in the Metroid series (mostly her Charge Shot). ZSS' was randomly given a whip, though I guess that wasn't a big deal. Samus' Final Smash makes no sense in Metroid canon (though I'll let that one slide for creative liberties and making Samus' more unique).

And the stages seem to imply this especially. In Melee neither of the stages made any sense in Metroid canon, with one of them having a random, jiggling blob in the background (not you Kraid :p). In Brawl, while the stages are starting to make more sense, Norfair still has a completely random location and rather random stage effects (though, admittedly, I like them) and Frigate Orpheon has the single most random stage effects ever... though I still kind of like them. XD

And Ridley doesn't even close to resemble any of his battles from the games. It makes me sad when I think about how darn cool it would've been to fight Ridley and Meta Ridley with adapted attacks from the Metroid games... *-*
None of those are really that weird, and they're not any worse than differences from canon in other series' representation. Lots of people have made-up Final Smashes, most of the bosses don't really resemble their original versions anyway (Porky is even farther off than Ridley), and lots of other stages have weird stuff like the Metroid ones.

Not so. No one knows what the Brawl polls were, but it's very unlikely that he did well on them.

The difference is that unlike other characters that get resized, you can't just resize Ridley and have him fit in. His body type isn't very conducive to resizing.

I would think that Dixie is more likely than K. Rool, since she was actually planned / considered for Brawl.

But unlike Ridley, Bowser has a body type that resizes easily. Plus that's the only time he's ever been that big (plus maybe Tetris Attack, if that counts) and I don't know why you're using it as the absolute basis for his size when he's pretty much always just two to three times as big as Mario.

Don't know what your point here is. K. Rool is big compared to DK, who is already big, but that's not an argument against him because he can be resized very easily, because he has a humanoid build. You're oversimplifying the arguments against Ridley by a ton.

Annoying as hell.
That's ridiculous. So because I don't think a certain character would fit in Smash well, I hate variety? There's absolutely no connection there.

And Yoshi definitely doesn't need another character - plus, there's no one there who actually needs to be added.

He's not a giant. He only appeared at super giant size once or twice, and other than that he's just pretty big.

Length definitely does matter. If you took Omega Ridley and compressed him down to Bowser length, he'd look screwed up. I guess width doesn't (although it depends on what we're calling length and width).

majora_787

Smash Hero
None of those are really that weird, and they're not any worse than differences from canon in other series' representation. Lots of people have made-up Final Smashes, most of the bosses don't really resemble their original versions anyway (Porky is even farther off than Ridley), and lots of other stages have weird stuff like the Metroid ones.
<_< Porky? If that isn't an example you totally lost me.

Not so. No one knows what the Brawl polls were, but it's very unlikely that he did well on them.
<_< I do remember that Ridley did better than Lucas, around the area of...King Dedede, either the same score or a bit worse.

The difference is that unlike other characters that get resized, you can't just resize Ridley and have him fit in. His body type isn't very conducive to resizing.
So edit the body. I don't ENTIRELY care if they have to clip his wings to make him fit in. I say it'd be worth it.

I would think that Dixie is more likely than K. Rool, since she was actually planned / considered for Brawl.
Ness was schedueled to be removed in MELEE I think it was. K. Rool is a main antagonist and we need more of them.

But unlike Ridley, Bowser has a body type that resizes easily. Plus that's the only time he's ever been that big (plus maybe Tetris Attack, if that counts) and I don't know why you're using it as the absolute basis for his size when he's pretty much always just two to three times as big as Mario.
They haven't resized Ridley and put him in the game yet, so we don't know, will we? ^^

Don't know what your point here is. K. Rool is big compared to DK, who is already big, but that's not an argument against him because he can be resized very easily, because he has a humanoid build. You're oversimplifying the arguments against Ridley by a ton.
I don't understand how Ridley can be considered so much more complicated than two characters who have DEFFINATLY outsized him.

That's ridiculous. So because I don't think a certain character would fit in Smash well, I hate variety? There's absolutely no connection there.
A new frame, with four legs and a bit longer than normal is variety, and you hate it. So generally speaking, you do hate variety. Probably not ALL of it, but you do hate SOME of it.

And Yoshi definitely doesn't need another character - plus, there's no one there who actually needs to be added.
Kamek.

He's not a giant. He only appeared at super giant size once or twice, and other than that he's just pretty big.
Giant is pretty big if you ask me. =\

Length definitely does matter. If you took Omega Ridley and compressed him down to Bowser length, he'd look screwed up. I guess width doesn't (although it depends on what we're calling length and width).
By width I mean depth.
There. Comments in bold. ANYWAY, Metroid's only option for another rep is Ridley. So we have two options: Say something doesn't work without even TRYING it and prevent Metroid from getting the deserved second rep, OR make a new, different smash bros. that brings us at least one rep for F-Zero, Metroid, Yoshi, DK...yeh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom