• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
OH NOEZ!!!!!11!1!11!1

*Beats Pazx over head with shovel*

It's the only way to remove the infection

Also, who is Spadefox?
*rubs head* well I already falcon punched you, chaingrabbed you, and spiked you twice... time for... FOX'S LASER STORM! PEWPEW!

*Blasts you with dual blasters and landmaster*

Happy?

Also, Spade was the guy sayin' we don't respect sakurai... Also he didn't like krystal. Go back about fifteen pages to find him...

Ridley is shrinkable. *pulls out shrink-a-tron 4000 and blasts ridley, but misses and shrinks johe* ooops:chuckle:

Maybe ridleys walk could be him flying just above ground, with his tail scraping along the ground, like one of his attacks in SSE?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519

Illusive

Smash Apprentice
Links new forward tilt should be changed to his current forward smash (similar to snakes forward tilt), and his new forward smash should be changed to the Jump Attack

Same with his up smash, which should become his up tilt and his new up smash should be the helm splitter.

There's no reason for link to have generic moves.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Give me a moment, give me a moment...ONE MOMENT...

Okay. This is how it could be easily worked out. Ridley usually has a size, upright, that sits in the area of 2-3 times bigger than Samus. But if I remember correctly, when you fight him on the ground, while he's hunched over and on all fours... He's a LITTLE taller than Samus in MP1. That's his SPINE doing it, anyway. MP3, he maintains the same size. I JUST checked while typing this.

Worst case scenario, we have a new top-weight character who's a little bigger than Boozer.

But to be totally honest, I doubt Ridley would be broken. It's obvious that if he gets in the game he'll get the antibiased nerf stick. Oh well, even if he ends up getting nerfed I'll still use him.

Lovely

Smash Lord
I'll say instead of having another Sonic character from the Sega area, why not another game, like Puyo Puyo. ;D

This guy came with the idea before I could even know about the SWF: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=78129
Wow, I really didn't see this comming, I would had fully supported that thread before Brawl would be release if I known it was there. Arle is one of the Best choice for game's like Brawl after all.

Links new forward tilt should be changed to his current forward smash (similar to snakes forward tilt), and his new forward smash should be changed to the Jump Attack

Same with his up smash, which should become his up tilt and his new up smash should be the helm splitter.

There's no reason for link to have generic moves.
His Jump Attack is better suited for his Up Smash, as for the Helm Splitter, hopfully they will have more moves in the game so that should fit in so well.

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
I kinda want to see a 4-Op, on the SSE adventure mode. Just to totally own it. And would it hurt a little to make the recording time longer?

majora_787

Smash Hero
I think every character should be revised so they more fit their latest game appearences. KINDA like what happened with Link.

I like the sound of 4P co-op and 5:00 minute matche recording =P sounds fun.

majora_787

Smash Hero
4 co-op would be fun but would cause so much confusion if you played with one character that had alt.costumes like sonic, how fun would that be.:laugh:
That WOULD be awkward....geeze... o_o But if they have the follow system then it shouldn't be TOO bad...

I always thought this would be cool, I think that the nextgen console should have 6 controller ports, so SSB4 can have 3v3 fights. =P ALWAYS wanted to see that.

justaway12

Smash Master
That WOULD be awkward....geeze... o_o But if they have the follow system then it shouldn't be TOO bad...

I always thought this would be cool, I think that the nextgen console should have 6 controller ports, so SSB4 can have 3v3 fights. =P ALWAYS wanted to see that.
the ackwardness makes it fun.

3v3 would be cool aslong as there is no forced as long as wi-fi with anyone can make you chose how many people you play against.

and as long as i am here i might aswell say BRING BACK PEACHES DSMASH! oh and MARIO FOR TOP TIER (in SSB4 obviously).

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
I think every character should be revised so they more fit their latest game appearences. KINDA like what happened with Link.
There should be exceptions to certain characters if they got in. Krystal never used her staff in Assault and Command, but it's still her most iconic item. Also, Sonic shouldn't be changed to be able to become a Werehog or to always carry around a sword.

justaway12

Smash Master
There should be exceptions to certain characters if they got in. Krystal never used her staff in Assault and Command, but it's still her most iconic item. Also, Sonic shouldn't be changed to be able to become a Werehog or to always carry around a sword.
A sword? sorry it's probably a game i don't know about what game is that?

But i don't think it would be smart to turn to a Werehog then it would turn light and dark all the time and places like luigis mansion or final destination will lose all it's atmosphere in my opinion.

Lovely

Smash Lord
Yo 6 controller ports would be sick. They have to add that!
Hmm, six people at once Smashing... that's somthing I haven't heard for a while. The stages have to be bigger and the game play must be faster so they can end just right. Of course more players must need crazier items to happen, that would make the game super fun.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Sonic and the Black Knight. It's coming to Wii.
Sonic won't have a sword if we get SSB4 before it comes out, but that's so unlikely :laugh: But I mean...well, you know. I mean they remain GENERALLY the same, but get new ATTACKS based off their newest games. I don't want a style change there or anything.

EDIT: 6 controller ports would be so awesome. I'm currently picturing a fight of Mario, DK and Samus fighting Bowser K. Rool and Ridley for an example. XD

I also liked the previous idea of a playable "SSB" character, like a Primid or an Alloy.

majora_787

Smash Hero
why doesn't mario get games like this anymore when will these neverending party games :mad:

if sonic wasn't so cool i wouldn't even buy that game
I think Sonic is the only character I can see that wporking for.

Fox and the Black Knight? 0_o

Samus and the Black Knight? -_- screw that.

Mario and the Black Knight? ...That woukdn't make sense.

justaway12

Smash Master

Not swords just a adventure game, what ever happend to the classic damsel-in-distress games :cry: and even sonic is diffucult to imagine in that kind of game it's a good thing it was sonic not someone else then i would feel mad.

edit:why don't we go back on topic

Aliel

Smash Rookie
There should maybe be more Sonic and Falcon characters, or at least new items.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
A sword? sorry it's probably a game i don't know about what game is that?

But i don't think it would be smart to turn to a Werehog then it would turn light and dark all the time and places like luigis mansion or final destination will lose all it's atmosphere in my opinion.
The Werehog transformation would probably focus on the Smash Ball AND whether or not it's day or night. If Sonic uses his Final Smash during the day, he becomes Super Sonic temporarily. But at night, he turns into Werehog Sonic.

Likewise, for Werehog Sonic changing back into normal Sonic, activate Final Smash during the daytime. But at night, the Final Smash could be Unleashed Mode.

Some stages may be all day or all night, but there could also be stages which change between day and night at various time periods (such as Battlefield). For stages like Final Destination though, that could be a problem. Also, some people may want to use the Super Sonic Final Smash at Luigi's Mansion or Shadow Moses Island.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484

How would it work for Sonic but not for Mario?

Lovely

Smash Lord
How would it work for Sonic but not for Mario?
I'll say this, pictrue Mario holding a sword can you picture that perfictly.... I can't. Now picture Mario holding a hammer like he would a sword, can you picture that? To me, a hammer fit's Mario's nature than a sword.

Sonic, I must see how he wields a sword to tell.

justaway12

Smash Master
The Werehog transformation would probably focus on the Smash Ball AND whether or not it's day or night. If Sonic uses his Final Smash during the day, he becomes Super Sonic temporarily. But at night, he turns into Werehog Sonic.

Likewise, for Werehog Sonic changing back into normal Sonic, activate Final Smash during the daytime. But at night, the Final Smash could be Unleashed Mode.

Some stages may be all day or all night, but there could also be stages which change between day and night at various time periods (such as Battlefield). For stages like Final Destination though, that could be a problem. Also, some people may want to use the Super Sonic Final Smash at Luigi's Mansion or Shadow Moses Island.
that would be a good idea aslong as its not like zelda/sheik that would get very annoying seeing it turn morning then night over and over this is a better idea

I'll say this, pictrue Mario holding a sword can you picture that perfictly.... I can't. Now picture Mario holding a hammer like he would a sword, can you picture that? To me, a hammer fit's Mario's nature than a sword.

Sonic, I must see how he wields a sword to tell.

this is how he looks like i think ,also i think they can replace sonic with mario just give him a plunger instead of a sword and just see how it turns out, mario sure to fix his pluming

Sir Ilpalazzo

Smash Apprentice
Give me a moment, give me a moment...ONE MOMENT...

Okay. This is how it could be easily worked out. Ridley usually has a size, upright, that sits in the area of 2-3 times bigger than Samus. But if I remember correctly, when you fight him on the ground, while he's hunched over and on all fours... He's a LITTLE taller than Samus in MP1. That's his SPINE doing it, anyway. MP3, he maintains the same size. I JUST checked while typing this.

Worst case scenario, we have a new top-weight character who's a little bigger than Boozer.
But like I've said, it's not that just that he's big, but that his body doesn't look as right scaled down. Even if the super-hunched Omega Ridley was scaled down to a "little bigger than Bowser", he'd still have to have his length decreased. There's really not much you could do to give him a good playable-character stance.

I don't think there needs to be any more Sonic characters.

majora_787

Smash Hero
But like I've said, it's not that just that he's big, but that his body doesn't look as right scaled down. Even if the super-hunched Omega Ridley was scaled down to a "little bigger than Bowser", he'd still have to have his length decreased. There's really not much you could do to give him a good playable-character stance.

I don't think there needs to be any more Sonic characters.
Does length really matter? I mean, for length all you would have to look at are his torso and head.

I honstly see no problem with the way I'm looking at it. I've seen a few other draft ideas, but those were...Well, they were thin but really really tall.

I think it comes down to wether or not you think an awesome yet under-represented series deserves to have its primary antagonist in. If not Ridley, then Dark Samus. I doubt Dark Samus because Dark Samus was only the antagonist for two, three games. Rundas and Sylux are possibilities too, but they were one game a piece.

Plus, I've heard Sakurai hates Metroid Prime.

So honestly, either Ridley gets in as a playable character (Which is not difficult or broken or OVERCOMPLICATED...) or Samus stays the only rep for Metroid for another 2-6 years.

EDIT: Also, Olimar doesn't look right scaled up. I question Bowser scaled down. I also question Kirby scaled up. They all look weird compared to several other characters.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace

I really doubt they'll put Werehog in as anything more than a trophy or something. It's a single-game gimmick and was pretty much universally disliked (I actually liked him, but I recognize I'm in the minority). It's the same idea as making his FS Darkspine Sonic... it just wouldn't make sense when you've got the tremendously iconic Super Sonic.

Admittedly, though, it could make an interesting gameplay gimmick. :/

The same thing applies to the Black Knight Sonic with his sword: it will only be in one game and wouldn't really be able to replace the more iconic Sonic with his spinballs and stuff. Not to mention those games will probably be almost forgotten when SSB4 DOES come out. :p

I don't know about Sakurai, but Metroid Prime didn't do so well in Japan, so...

EDIT: Also, Olimar doesn't look right scaled up. I question Bowser scaled down. I also question Kirby scaled up. They all look weird compared to several other characters.
You know who looks REALLY bad because of scaling? Pokemon Trainer. Those are the weirdest sized Pokemon I've ever seen...

Speaking of which, why are Pikachu and Kirby scaled UP from Melee? Weren't they fine then? Do they really need to look even more giant? >_> Some of the existing characters should undoubtedly be scaled a bit differently...

Lovely

Smash Lord
A new item for F-Zero might be a F-Zero racing car, for Sonic... um a Chaos Emerald?

Edited:

this is how he looks like i think ,also i think they can replace sonic with mario just give him a plunger instead of a sword and just see how it turns out, mario sure to fix his pluming
I guess that's why Sonic's holding the sword, the army he has make's him hold it right? And lol at the Mario item idea.

Ojanya

Smash Ace
I don't care what anyone says:

Snake = Out

Dumbest choice ever. He doesn't fit in at all.

justaway12

Smash Master
Sonic could have a ring that heals you by 5% or something like that...or if you want to get creative everytime you get coins then you get hit your % go back to the original, for example, imagine this your character gets hurt by 200% if you get like ten coins and get healed by 50% the moment you get hit you lose all your coins you and you get your health back to 200%(I'm not good at explanations).

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
I don't care what anyone says:

Snake = Out

Dumbest choice ever. He doesn't fit in at all.
Taking Snake out would do nothing but enrage the people who like him and remove a very unique character with quite possibly the greatest Easter Egg to ever come into the Smash series.

The only thing I dislike about Snake is that it seems that part of the agreement to get him in was that every other character in the game got a super-tight butt too so he didn't look out of place. >___>;

Sir Ilpalazzo

Smash Apprentice
Does length really matter? I mean, for length all you would have to look at are his torso and head.
It does. Like I said, look at Omega Ridley. If all you did to him was make him a little shorter, he wouldn't be too tall - but he'd be very long.

I just think that to make Ridley a regular playable character, you'd have to do too much compression.

I think it comes down to wether or not you think an awesome yet under-represented series deserves to have its primary antagonist in. If not Ridley, then Dark Samus. I doubt Dark Samus because Dark Samus was only the antagonist for two, three games. Rundas and Sylux are possibilities too, but they were one game a piece.

Metroid certainly does deserve to get more characters, but the problem is that there's not really many you could use. We've discussed Ridley. Dark Samus, if you were being accurate to the game, wouldn't be very similar to Samus, but if you put it in you have the problem of having a character who not only looks almost just like Samus (even moreso than Ness and Lucas), but has the same name as Samus but with "Dark" added in front of it. No matter how original of a moveset it had, Dark Samus would look too much like a redundant character.

And there's no one else who could fit in, since the only other real candidates (the other hunters) are far, far too minor (and most or all of them will probably never appear again). If Sylux manages to reappear and become important in future games, then he'd probably be the best Metroid candidate, but otherwise I see Samus going it alone.

Sakurai definitely doesn't hate Metroid Prime (or Metroid in general, look how much non-character representation it got compared to a lot of other series). Japanese gamers don't really like the Prime series much, though.

Remember that Sakurai said he wanted to include more Metroid characters in Brawl, so he included Zero Suit Samus. When he specifically says he wants more Metroid characters in, yet his only pick is another version of Samus, it shows that he also feels Metroid doesn't really have any viable characters.

Except that they don't require compressing or stretching of certain body parts that makes them look awkward. There's a difference between just changing someone's size and what you'd have to do with Ridley.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
It does. Like I said, look at Omega Ridley. If all you did to him was make him a little shorter, he wouldn't be too tall - but he'd be very long.
The only part of Ridley I see being TOO much of an issue and making him ridiculously long is his tail, and I don't think that'd cause much of an issue if he just didn't have a hitbox on it. The rest of him can just make for a fairly long character, which would certainly be interesting to play as.

Metroid certainly does deserve to get more characters, but the problem is that there's not really many you could use. We've discussed Ridley. Dark Samus, if you were being accurate to the game, wouldn't be very similar to Samus, but if you put it in you have the problem of having a character who not only looks almost just like Samus (even moreso than Ness and Lucas), but has the same name as Samus but with "Dark" added in front of it. No matter how original of a moveset it had, Dark Samus would look too much like a redundant character..
The other big issue with Dark Samus is that, while it definitely wouldn't have to be a clone character it definitely seems like Sakurai would make it a clone character anyway. I mean, just look at her trophy description:
"Dark Samus is identical to Samus in every way but color--she even uses similar attacks."

Honestly, based on the Metroid stuff we have in the Smash series I'm starting to wonder if Sakurai even played any (or very many) of the Metroid games at all. :/

majora_787

Smash Hero
Every super smash bros., they try a new thing. For SSBM, they tried uber heavyweights. For Brawl, they tried four-legged characters, flying, and final smashes.

I see no problem with a game where characters are a TINY bit more accurately sized, and Ridley can be in the game
even if he is, what, four Ikes long

Compression wouldn't be necessary, they would just have to mess around with all of the ways he's fought in.

I ususally don't have to say this, but SO WHAT if they add a new weightclass with Ridley and probably one or two other characters? They would just be slower and stronger than Ike or DK.

EDIT: I thought of that. When I look at Ridley's size, I only look at his body. No Wings, no Tail. I would only look at them for his recovery and for a couple aerials.

Sir Ilpalazzo

Smash Apprentice
The only part of Ridley I see being TOO much of an issue and making him ridiculously long is his tail, and I don't think that'd cause much of an issue if he just didn't have a hitbox on it. The rest of him can just make for a fairly long character, which would certainly be interesting to play as.
I don't think so. For reference, here's Zero Mission

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tChhm7OPkEw

and Prime 3 (spoilers, I guess)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb-UTvbK9tY

His head alone is wider than Samus. So are his hands.

Honestly, based on the Metroid stuff we have in the Smash series I'm starting to wonder if Sakurai even played any (or very many) of the Metroid games at all. :/
How so?

Every super smash bros., they try a new thing. For SSBM, they tried uber heavyweights. For Brawl, they tried four-legged characters, flying, and final smashes.
I think that's kind of leaving a lot of things out (and simplifying things, too).

I see no problem with a game where characters are a TINY bit more accurately sized, and Ridley can be in the game
even if he is, what, four Ikes long

Compression wouldn't be necessary, they would just have to mess around with all of the ways he's fought in.

I ususally don't have to say this, but SO WHAT if they add a new weightclass with Ridley and probably one or two other characters? They would just be slower and stronger than Ike or DK.
But if Ridley was actually at the size he's consistently at in Metroid games now, he really would be too big. This isn't like Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - imagine a character who is six times bigger than Mario moving around any of the levels we have in Brawl. He couldn't make it to playable status without scaling down, and his body type isn't one that scales down easily. Combining his different "fighting styles" might be a step towards making him fit in, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom