• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Smash LEAGUE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Thanks meow, and here's how it works.

The HIGHER someone's rating is compared to yours, the more point you will gain if you win, and the less you will lose if your opponent beats you.

The LOWER someone's rating is compared to yours, the less point you will gain if you win, and the more you will lose if your opponent beats you.

Here are a few examples.

Player 1 : [1000]
Player 2 : [900]

If player 1 wins, player 1 will have [1009] and player 2 will have [891]
If player 2 wins, player1 will have [984] and player 2 will have [916]

Player 1 : [1200]
Player 2 : [900]

If player 1 wins, player 1 will have [1204] and player 2 will have [896]
If player 2 wins, player1 will have [1179] and player 2 will have [921]

The rating-distribution keeps growing like that until a certain point it's just stupid to challenge lower ranked peoples. Also, the most point you can get from one victory is 25.

And for everyone here :

PLEASE READ THE RULES AND SIGN UP THE APPROPRIATE WAY.
THANK YOU.

And DO NOT post MATCH RESULTS in this thread.
Just some advice, maybe u should put this in the first post on this thread.

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to be signed up, but I don't know what program runs well with kaillera

EDIT: Nvm, i found a list, i just need to make sure it works and crap. Sign me up under Nail

Nephiros

Smash Ace
Try to find ways to contact opponents, either by instant messenger or email. PM those who you are interested to play, I'm sure it's not that hard.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Nintendude, My laptop just got wiped, so after its fixed up with the installation CD's and stuffz you can play me, this compy currently lags....

D

Deleted member

i'll challenge anybody i dont care

DreDay

Smash Journeyman
* To join the League, PM me or send me an email telling me the nick you want to use (it must be the same than the one on Kaillera). You must also tell me that you've read the League rules as well as the Matches rules and will follow them. So PM or email only, jeez that should be clear enough for everyone.

Come on people :p.Read before you decided to join

mercenaries

Smash Cadet
I thought you try to update this every day? Or is no one actually playing any matches and you update once someone does?

Nephiros

Smash Ace
Updating this is a bit tedious due to the format, so I usually wait until I have about 4-5 confirmed match results before updating. Smalls updates of only one new match every now and then would be kinda meaningless anyways.

I however try to PM the ratings as soon as I can, and you can still play your matches with that rating even if I didn't update. Heck, you can even play many matches even if, for some reason, I can't give you your rating or check my PM or anything and I'll just calculate it all chronogically.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Are these gonna get updated and am I gonna get my new rating? I know you are waiting until you get a big batch of results before you update, but that could be a bad thing. Like, I don't want to play any more league matches until I know where I stand currently (unless I get challenged, which hasn't happened yet).

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
It's a shame that there arent any decent SSB64 players in my area, or I would hop on this very fast. I'll be moving to Orlando in 2 days though, and I'm sure they'll be a handful over there.

Nephiros

Smash Ace
Nintendude, you can use your new rating and do more matches even if it's not updated on the front page.

mercenaries

Smash Cadet
some people haven't even played 1 match yet ugh there should be a restriction to only active players

Rookie

Smash Rookie
to those who think theyre not good enuf to join the league....who cares....jus join if you want to join. look @ me i joined and lost my first set and ima keyboard/controller player. although i used a keyboard that match it was fun and exciting. jus join ^_^

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
I dont think im on the list yet, but un-sign me up, kuz my college has the port blocked and I cant play online T_T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom