• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Bros. Website Releases Pictures of Secret Fighters

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Nothing you just said made sense or sounded relevant to what i said.
Oops, I responded to the wrong guy. Sorry. But, FYI, what I said was not relevant to you, but it certainly edid make sense from the context of who I was trying to respond to.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Smash Bros. is for the major leagues in the game, a category in which Waluigi doesn't fit right in. Good thing he ain't a playable fighter and besides, even if he did make it (which he never will), he'll just end up as one of my punching bags.

Oh and that Falco and Fox stare down looks awesome and Ness looks great in glorious HD.

Last edited:

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Smash Bros. is for the major leagues in the game, a category in which Waluigi doesn't fit right in. Good thing he ain't a playable fighter and besides, even if he did make it (which he never will), he'll just end up as one of my punching bags.

Oh and that Falco and Fox stare down looks awesome and Ness looks great in glorious HD.
For the most part yes, it is "Major Leagues". But explain to me why Wii Fit Trainer would fit in Smash? No one would have ever made a support thread for her in a million years yet here she/he is. Nintendo/Sakurai has proven anyone is fair game and they even managed to make a fun move set with trainer, so who's to say Waluigi can't be in too? You can say he would be a wasted slot but then I'd save that complaint for the huge number of clones we have in this game. Waluigi would be nowhere near clone.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
For the most part yes, it is "Major Leagues". But explain to me why Wii Fit Trainer would fit in Smash? No one would have ever made a support thread for her in a million years yet here she/he is. Nintendo/Sakurai has proven anyone is fair game and they even managed to make a fun move set with trainer, so who's to say Waluigi can't be in too? You can say he would be a wasted slot but then I'd save that complaint for the huge number of clones we have in this game. Waluigi would be nowhere near clone.
Because she represents a massively successful wii game, waluigi means nothing in the mario series

Last edited:

AIM0001

Smash Lord
That nobody in the Smash community plays...if it was soley based on sales than a lot of casual Wii game characters would be pouring into the Smash roster. Obvously Waluigi has been considered at one point especially if he's been an AT twice now. When there's so many other Mario characters that could have taken his AT spot.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
That nobody in the Smash community plays...if it was soley based on sales than a lot of casual Wii game characters would be pouring into the Smash roster. Obvously Waluigi has been considered at one point especially if he's been an AT twice now. When there's so many other Mario characters that could have taken his AT spot.
Smash isn't just for the smash community, it's like a celebration of nintendo as a whole, like it or not wii fit is part of that

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Smash isn't just for the smash community, it's like a celebration of nintendo as a whole, like it or not wii fit is part of that
I understand that, It's just I don't see how having Waluigi in Smash Bros. would be so unfitting. He isn't a standalone mascot with his own game series but he is a good representation of the Mario franchise as whole. He is becoming more and more popular and I have no doubt will be in a major title outside of party games in the near future. Anyway he's not in this Smash. Just gotta wait for Smash 5 I suppose...*sigh*

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Extremely disappointed with the final roster overall, most notably Baby Bowser, Dark Pit, Lucina (Yes she's cute, but what else besides being another Marth?) maybe one or two i'm missing. Partly disappointed by the lack of highly requested characters such as Krystal (Star fox adventures), Zelda characters, Issac and a few Golden Sun characters that could have been added. Krystal and those Golden Sun characters have the "look" of a top tier too, not a character that you get the feeling is weak just by looking at them. That seem fierceness that Fox and Falco brought to Melee, even if you were a casual you knew they didn't suck. I dunno, i'm ranting, sorry.

Lots of reused assets too, past stages don't even feel like "past stages" anymore, more like... " Sakurai hurry and do what you can to finish Smash Bros as soon as possible but at the same time making the game not look empty, we need it to save our Wii-U, we know and even the fans know, this is our biggest trump card. *proceeds to reuse past stages like no tomorrow* sorry still ranting.
Baby Bowser isn't playable this time around, if it helps.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
What a surprise! Kappa
Anyway it's nice to have some Wii U screens of the secret fighters, Ness looks awesome in HD.

Dr. Corndog

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrCecilCorndog
So hey, this is our first look at these three characters in HD. We've known about them so long, it's easy to overlook that fact. So, that's cool.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
That's definitely smashville, look at the position of the buildings and the clouds

Actually this explains it better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m9JixVaPEc
Son of a *****, that is Smashville. o_O

Well, this should be an interesting next few weeks then. At least the leak on everyone's minds this time around brings hope of more newcomers and a massive stage list, compared to the stifling presence of the Gematsu leak...

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion

Because she represents a massively successful wii game, waluigi means nothing in the mario series
Yes, Smash is for the major leagues in the game, yet half these newcomers don't qualify, heck just who the hell even knows who Shulk, Lucina, Ike, and Palutena are? I mean yeah they're well known to their own fans despite them being small franchises but Waluigi has been in just about every Mario party and Sports game, he means more to Nintendo then they do. I'd rather have him especially over Wii Fit Trainer, Duck Hunt Dog and yes I'll say it, Rosalina, not to mention he's been around longer than she has and deserves more attention.

Last edited:

LovinMitts

Smash Journeyman
I love how they made Ness' overall color scheme and texture match the style of the clay models for Earthbound. I'm at a loss for words at how good they made him look.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
Yes, Smash is for the major leagues in the game, yet half these newcomers don't qualify, heck just who the hell even knows who Shulk, Lucina, Ike, and Palutena are? I mean yeah they're well known to their own fans despite them being small franchises but Waluigi has been in just about every Mario party and Sports game, he means more to Nintendo then they do. I'd rather have him especially over Wii Fit Trainer, Duck Hunt Dog and yes I'll say it, Rosalina, not to mention he's been around longer than she has and deserves more attention.
Waluigi does not mean more to Nintendo than those other characters you named. Just because the Mario franchise does, that doesn't mean Waluigi does. It's not like he's a representative of Mario party and sports games, he's just one of the many characters, and isn't any more important than Koopa Troopa and Toadette. Rosalina and Bowser Jr. have actually had important roles in mainline Mario games. And Shulk, Lucina, Ike and Palutena have also had important roles in their respective games. The fact that Waluigi is even an assist trophy is an achievement.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I'd save that complaint for the huge number of clones we have in this game.
Let's see now,
With Lucina, Toon Link, Dr. Mario, Dark Pit we have 4 clones.
Falco and Ganon are semiclones, so we have around 6 of this kind in this game. How is six out of 51 such a "huge number"?

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Why are people talking about Waluigi here?! I'm getting sick of hearing about him, he's such a lame character.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Waluigi merely appears as roster filler in Mario spin-off games, simple as that. Mario games of this kind have been known for trying to dig out every possible character from the mario universe including Boos, Koopas, etc. and it's related franchises just to fill up the spaces of the character selection screen, so Waluigi is really not that big of a deal. His status as and Assist Trophy is perfectly fine.
Wii Fit Trainer and Duck Hunt at least have their own games which showcase part of Nintendo's history, and Rosalina has appeared in the main Mario games unlike Waluigi. She has had a major support role in Mario Galaxy and a playable one in 3D World.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest

Well, I wouldn't say Dark Pit is quite major league, considering he's really just a swap for Pit. Also, I wouldn't say never when it comes to Nintendo characters getting into Smash. With Sakurai anything is possible.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
Let's see now,
With Lucina, Toon Link, Dr. Mario, Dark Pit we have 4 clones.
Falco and Ganon are semiclones, so we have around 6 of this kind in this game. How is six out of 51 such a "huge number"?
I'd go as far to say even Toon Link is a semi clone. Different model all together ie size & weight are much different, not just small tweaks like the 3 clones. Like seriously that's have as may as we had in Melee. 3 out of 51, ZOMG TOO MANY CLONEZ!

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
I'd go as far to say even Toon Link is a semi clone. Different model all together ie size & weight are much different, not just small tweaks like the 3 clones. Like seriously that's have as may as we had in Melee. 3 out of 51, ZOMG TOO MANY CLONEZ!
It mainly has to do with the fear of these clones being better than the originals. For instance, Lucina is a Marth that doesn't have to rely on a tipper for KO's which makes her a better character overall. For dedicated Marth mains, that's rough. Or Toon Link vs Link in Brawl.

People just don't want these clones to outclass the original characters. Even I kind of find it annoying that Lucina is pretty much more viable overall than Marth is as far as I've seen.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Exactly....Who we consider "Major League" or just a filler character is nothing more than personal opinion and which fan base we belong to. What we consider logic and deserving, well if Sakurai actually read this stuff he would probably laugh and still make the Smash roster the way he sees fit. I'm obviously biased because besides DK and Star Fox series I like just about everything Mario and want more characters from that franchise. Wario is also a favorite so seeing how Waluigi is his brother I'm obviously gonna support him pretty hard regardless on how many "Party Games" he's been in. At least I can say he wouldn't be a clone and has potential to be in any Mario game including Smash.

TheGravyTrain

Smash Ace
NNID
Theboyingreen
When I read "secret characters revealed" I forgot some haven't seen the whole roster and got really mad that sakarai caved and was making dlc. Thankfully the page didn't take too long to load otherwise tables might have been flipped for nothing...

beestmode

Smash Cadet
I hope they release some dlc for new characters for the Wii U...or at least I would like them to hehe :p

Dr. Corndog

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrCecilCorndog
Waluigi's sole purpose is to fill roster slots. He's the definition of a filler character. You're kidding yourself if you think he means much of anything to Nintendo. As far as who's more worthy of being in Smash, he probably beats Dark Pit, but that's about it.

I mean, I love Groose and Brick Road from Earthbound, but I don't expect them to be made into playable fighters. I understand their place in the Nintendo hierarchy. Waluigi is a third-tier Mario character, and Smash is already full of Mario characters.

Aidan Drury

Smash Rookie
NNID
Aidansapunk
3DS FC
4639-9589-2345
I wonder when the other characters will be put up on the site...

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
THE HD... Is beutifull.

It feel even weird because the 3ds look cool, but Wii U look perfect.

Top Bottom