• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Bros. Facebook Page Leaks New Stage?

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Tower of Smash includes Ridley, there's no need to be upset.
As someone who wants Ridley in, I am upset at the possibility of him having his garbage Other M design. :(

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
As someone who wants Ridley in, I am upset at the possibility of him having his garbage Other M design. :(
At this point I'd take any Ridley, and Samus' design was slightly tweaked to be a sleeker version of her awesome Other M design, so maybe Sakurai could tweak Ridley.

kazrisk

twitch.tv/kazrisk
NNID
kazrisk
Anyone else going to ignore the fact that the overall picture looks like garbage? Awful font, boring colors, no borders, that background... Not even all of the pics from this past week. It's like someone from the Treehouse opened up Paint, pasted a few pics they had, and posted it to Facebook. Ew.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Isn't that a giant block of ice to the right? And the castle resembles the Snowmad's forts in DKTF, then the floor resembles the gold temple rooms. I'd post a pic of DKCF's 6-A if I could.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Stage possibly based of The Great Cave Offensive? Hype!

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I'm not saying any specific game, but I know Smash Bros. can easily represent a lot of games Nintendo has made/worked with.
???

The railing could be just an original texture as part of the modernization of what this stage is likely based on. The castle and the minecart's design gives away what this is much more than the rail's texture.

TheRage

Smash Apprentice
This may be a crazy question to ask... but what if the tower in the background just so happens to be the rumoured Tower of Smash?

The tower's full appearance in Kirby Super Star.

How it will work, I have no clue, but the fact that the name of the place in Kirby Super Star was "Old Tower" along with the fact that it was largely mysterious in nature makes me think there is something special about it.

gridatttack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gridatttack
This may be a crazy question to ask... but what if the tower in the background just so happens to be the rumoured Tower of Smash?

How it will work, I have no clue, but the fact that the name of the place in Kirby Super Star was "Old Tower" along with the fact that it was largely mysterious in nature makes me think there is something special about it.
Now that you mention it. It makes sense.

The fact that the facebook picture derped out, this could mean that they derped out too by calling the tower of smash a stage. (note they say, Strange Rules. They might dont know its the tower of smash and label it as a stage. (or they are using the term stage wrong))
Do note, the people in charge for things like facebook pages usually dont know the full details of the stuff they post about. They just use the assets provided

If this the case, then transportation would be via the minecart to ascend levels. Now the next question would be, why is kirby and pikachu in?

Then probably the tower of smash supports co-op mode.

Or of course. It can be a stage in the end. Since we dont know the correct context of the picture, and riding a minecart can be a gimmick of the stage, like the Pipe form the Mushroom Kindgom level in SSB64.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
At this point I do not trust Sakurai he has never kept his words he said Animal Crossing was too happy a series too make into a fighter and we got :4villager:Killager he also said we wouldn't have as many clones this game :4darkpit::4drmario::4falco::4ganondorf::4lucina::4tlink: and if any rate I am holding out for these dudes :lucas::wolf::popo: I mean cut me some slack I lost these 3 and they were my mains :crying:
Not adding Villager in Brawl and then in Sm4sh isn't not keeping your word. He felt at that time that due to the nature of Animal Crossing it was hard to fit in a fighting moveset for the guy; then years later he evidently brainstormed and manage to implement him. That's not being contradictory, is simply changing your mind. Do you have the exact same thoughts and feelings about everything between now and 6 years ago? Because nobody can't deny that they've never changed their mind not even once.

Also 3 new clones isn't "too many". And Ganon and Falco are semis. Since when having 3 clones became such a big number for you people? Heck, a total of 4 clones and 2 semis out of a 51 cast is not even a big deal. We even got 13 unique newcomers.

Last edited:

WT!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WT_Smash
3DS FC
4597-0015-7814
Switch FC
SW-3650-7945-8401
This could be based on CT:TT

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
People seriously think that there'll be exclusive characters on the WiiU version? Have people forgotten what Sakurai said?
This is half the reason why the Tower of Smash leak is already pure nonsense and just one person's wishes.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

You know...
The Minecart DOES look big enough to fit 4.
Those 4 could be your "Stocks" like the Tower of Smash depicted.
Strange. :\

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I like the concept of this stage (or at least, the supposition of what it could be), and I like the redesigned look of the environment (that's the Great Cave Offensive, there are too many common details no not be it), but...

Sakurai is really biased towards the games that he developed.

As a Kirby fan, I'm a bit sick by the fact that every Kirby element in Smash comes from Kirby's Dreamland, Kirby's Adventure and Kirby Superstar. Not that I don't like those games, but I'm sick by the fact that Sakurai acts like if other games in the series don't exist or are not canon.
The Rick and Gooey trophies in Melee, and Kirby's new final smash are the very only lucky exceptions of elements which come from Kirby games not directed by him.

What Sakurai would think if someone else will take the direction of the Kid Icarus series after him, and the new director completely ignores the existence of Kid Icarus Uprising, directly referencing to the original KI games only? What would the fans of KI:U think about this? That's an example, but you got the point.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I like the concept of this stage (or at least, the supposition of what it could be), and I like the redesigned look of the environment (that's the Great Cave Offensive, there are too many common details no not be it), but...

As a Kirby fan, I'm a bit sick by the fact that every Kirby element in Smash comes from Kirby's Dreamland, Kirby's Adventure and Kirby Superstar. Not that I don't like those games, but I'm sick by the fact that Sakurai acts like if other games in the series don't exist or are not canon.
The Rick and Gooey trophies in Melee, and Kirby's new final smash are the very only lucky exceptions of elements which come from Kirby games not directed by him.

What Sakurai would think if someone else will take the direction of the Kid Icarus series after him, and the new director completely ignores the existence of Kid Icarus Uprising, directly referencing to the original KI games only? What would the fans of KI:U think about this? That's an example, but you got the point.
He just wouldn't include any of it in smash, probably.

Rutt Ryler

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2019-9661-0537
This seems like an awesome Smash stage. It would be cool if this was like a new game mode. Great Cave Offensive with Smash.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Not adding Villager in Brawl and then in Sm4sh isn't not keeping your word. He felt at that time that due to the nature of Animal Crossing it was hard to fit in a fighting moveset for the guy; then years later he evidently brainstormed and manage to implement him. That's not being contradictory, is simply changing your mind. Do you have the exact same thoughts and feelings about everything between now and 6 years ago? Because nobody can't deny that they've never changed their mind not even once.

Also 3 new clones isn't "too many". And Ganon and Falco are semis. Since when having 3 clones became such a big number for you people? Heck, a total of 4 clones and 2 semis out of a 51 cast is not even a big deal. We even got 13 unique newcomers.
We lost 4 original move sets though :popo::snake::squirtle::ivysaur:

CCTANK93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CCTANK93
3DS FC
4296-3062-4792

Or maybe Sakurai considers those his best works and likes to reference them. I mean when I think Kirby, I think Super Star. I love the older games way more than the newer ones and it's not like the other games aren't referenced at all. Music is a pretty important part of Smash too that people tend to look over and it can acknowledge other games too. I'm really looking forward to this stage though

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
It's obviously a Pokemon stage, in those parts of the world where you're inside a cave. Why else would Pikachu be there? Kirby is obviously filling in for the hidden Jigglypuff. :troll:

(I'm joking. I know this is Great Cave Offensive.)

Last edited:

TrevonMarrast

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luigicheesecake
Yes, its so unfair we are getting a 100 man tower, a boss rush mode, along with extra characters, some being highly requested, 60 different stages, along with all the other familiar goods, such as Classic, Tournament, etc..
I only meant that I want the event matches to come back, I want those in the game too! :]

Top Bottom