• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Bros. Facebook Page Leaks New Stage?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Great Cave Offensive over better choices like Lor Starcutter or Cookie Country? Good going Sakurai!
Those are both from home console titles. Not handheld.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
i don't know why but that background makes me think bowser castle.Maybe it's the mario kart version?

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
i don't know why but that background makes me think bowser castle.Maybe it's the mario kart version?
I really doubt it. The lack of lava or lighting on lava (I'm aware this is just one snapshot) combined with the fact Bowser's Castle never had minecarts suggests otherwise.

This is likely Great Cave Offensive from Kirby Super Star. As someone pointed out earlier, the castle in the BG resembles the castle from Great Cave.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I really doubt it. The lack of lava or lighting on lava (I'm aware this is just one snapshot) combined with the fact Bowser's Castle never had minecarts suggests otherwise.

This is likely Great Cave Offensive from Kirby Super Star. As someone pointed out earlier, the castle in the BG resembles the castle from Great Cave.
to be honest i don't really care.If it's fake o will if not so be it.I just want the wii u version to be out

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
Im think the great cave offensive.

Sakurai loves adding Kirby Super Star references to previous smash games. Especially Brawl.

Maybe this is a screenshot from a possible game mode

proxibomb

Smash Clown
Based off the textures of the rails, I assume it'll either be a game from a series never before mentioned in Smash Bros, or possible Kid Icarus/Fire Emblem.

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
Just gonna post this again...
Found a match. Old Tower in GCO.
Same grate style, same rounded structure near the door. Its just white/gray now. Even the same half oval shape above the door is the same. The whole thing has been modernized.
Great find! Old Tower kind of seems like such a bland name for a stage, though.. XD

This "mine-cart stage" looks like it'll be great to play on (at least in theory)...I really loved the concept of those mine cart sections in Super Smash Bros. Brawl's Subspace Emissary, and thought that it was a shame that they weren't available as some type of non-Subspace Emissary stage.. Time will tell whether this stage is strictly Old Tower-based or ends up being an amalgamation of areas from Kirby Super Star (Ultra)'s "The Great Cave Offensive" mode/sub-game...

Sigh...the minute I saw the visuals, I instantly thought of the "Mine Blowing" level/world from the underrated Rocket: Robot on Wheels game. Mine Blowing was one of my favorite locations to explore (despite being somewhat eerie). Although this outcome is a really long shot, I would love it if the music for that level actually made it in as an option for this potential Kirby Old Tower/mine-cart stage..

"Mine Blowing", from Rocket: Robot On Wheels

Last edited:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
People liked event matches? I always found them annoying and pointless
I agree and disagree only because Brawl's event matches kind of sucked, or they weren't as interesting compared to when they were first introduced. I would love if event matches became more like Mario Party mini games with local and online multiplayer.

gamerjohn1991

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gamerjohn1991
3DS FC
5370-1230-7105
Something tells me that the screenshot of Kirby and Pikachu could be of the rumored "Tower of Smash"...

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I can't wait to see more from the minecart stage. Ooo there is fighting in the comments!

Weeezy

Smash Rookie
"This stage has some rules that are rare to the Smash series"

DKC level?? LOL, but most likely a kirby stage like how sakurai tricked us with the gameboy POTD having DDD and kirby and it ending up being a kirby stage

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
Maybe this isn't even a stage. Maybe it's part of something new. Maybe it's part of the Tower of Smash itself.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Maybe this isn't even a stage. Maybe it's part of something new. Maybe it's part of the Tower of Smash itself.
"This Stage has some rules that are rare in the Smash Bros. series"

Definitely a stage

Oh no.... Oh no oh no oh no please don't tell me that Tower of Smash leak got another one right :'( but, but Lucas and Wolf.... and Ice climbers:cry:
Didn't sakurai flat out say that the ice climbers weren't happening?

Strofirko

Smash Master
People are really declaring a war because a goddamn leak,jeez:facepalm:

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
"This Stage has some rules that are rare in the Smash Bros. series"

Definitely a stage

Didn't sakurai flat out say that the ice climbers weren't happening?
At this point I do not trust Sakurai he has never kept his words he said Animal Crossing was too happy a series too make into a fighter and we got :4villager:Killager he also said we wouldn't have as many clones this game :4darkpit::4drmario::4falco::4ganondorf::4lucina::4tlink: and if any rate I am holding out for these dudes :lucas::wolf::popo: I mean cut me some slack I lost these 3 and they were my mains :crying:

NNID
Majorasmask66
At this point I do not trust Sakurai he has never kept his words he said Animal Crossing was too happy a series too make into a fighter and we got :4villager:Killager he also said we wouldn't have as many clones this game :4darkpit::4drmario::4falco::4ganondorf::4lucina::4tlink: and if any rate I am holding out for these dudes :lucas::wolf::popo: I mean cut me some slack I lost these 3 and they were my mains :crying:
But he wants to put them in. It isnt about how sakurai feels about them, its about the fact the 3ds cant handle them. Maybe if they give the ice climbers a new moveset where both ice climbers only come out during special moves. I dont know though.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
But he wants to put them in. It isnt about how sakurai feels about them, its about the fact the 3ds cant handle them. Maybe if they give the ice climbers a new moveset where both ice climbers only come out during special moves. I dont know though.
I had a theory here why not bring an excusive version of Ice Climber for 3DS being SoPo with a Nana alt I mean heck one of them on their own have a unique move-set if not just for the sake of keeping the Rosters the same, which I think will get thrown out the window personally. I mean its just one character Sakurai think about it :popo::icsmelee:

Last edited:

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
Looks like a kirby stage which the Wii U version is lacking right now. Just gonna wait for a November release date confirmation I do not have the money for both Smashes so I'm in Smash withdrawal here.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
The picture (not the stage one but the whole picture in general) looks really badly designed. I mean, it seriously looks like something you would find in facebook and not in an official site like www.smashbros.com or something lol. The text looks ****ty and all i mean... Not saying it's fake or anything, but i just can't take this picture seriously lol.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
The picture (not the stage one but the whole picture in general) looks really badly designed. I mean, it seriously looks like something you would find in facebook and not in an official site like www.smashbros.com or something lol. The text looks ****ty and all i mean... Not saying it's fake or anything, but i just can't take this picture seriously lol.
That's because it *was* found on Facebook. (We know it isn't fake because it was on Nintendo's official Facebook page.)

Fancy

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyChicken
I'm really glad there is a Kirby Super Star stage. Good going Sakurai! And I'm surprised they haven't taken down the picture on facebook yet.

Last edited:

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
a tour of kirby superstar sections?? much like the 3ds dreamland; a tour of the gameboy kirby game. Either way kirby superstar is the best kirby game hands down

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
That's because it *was* found on Facebook. (We know it isn't fake because it was on Nintendo's official Facebook page.)
I know it was found on facebook *facepalm* i'm just saying it's a terribly done picture for an official page.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Kirby Super Star is the game that inspired Smash.... still is this stage really KSS related? I am still hoping that Sakurai will put something FINALLY other than Ultra Sword into the smash games that is modern Kirby related. He seems to mostly pay homage to his own works. Not that I can blame him if it's a reference to KSS. fantastic fantastic game...

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I don't think Sakurai hate the modern Kirby games, He only want to be a nostalgia guy.
"This stage..." This not a mode instead a new stage. But, what stage. It look dark and spooky with a old tower. It look foggy too.

I think is great cave offensive.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I don't think Sakurai hate the modern Kirby games, He only want to be a nostalgia guy.
"This stage..." This not a mode instead a new stage. But, what stage. It look dark and spooky with a old tower. It look foggy too.

I think is great cave offensive.
Well I certainly can't get mad if it's a reference to one of if not the best Kirby game that's for sure. A lot of folks don't realize the influence KSS was for smash since the same developers worked on Smash and borrowed a lot from their already available programed work. It would certainly be appropriate.

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Oh no.... Oh no oh no oh no please don't tell me that Tower of Smash leak got another one right :'( but, but Lucas and Wolf.... and Ice climbers:cry:
Tower of Smash includes Ridley, there's no need to be upset.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I still think the Tower of Smash leak is fake, as it never mentioned Oribital Gate. But, Mt. Dedede might still be a stage.

justinwing6202

Smash Cadet
NNID
justinwing
3DS FC
5026-5310-0665
You guys know what this stage is, it's subspace in stage form, jk

Top Bottom